Division Street Grill
26 N Division Street
Peekskill, NY 10566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Division Street Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.divisionstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: (914) 739-6380
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday & Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Allow us to make your holiday party planning easy this season! We can cater your event, on-site or off-site, to fit your needs and your budget. Select from several catering packages...ideal for luncheons, cocktail receptions and dinner parties.
A word from Division Street Grill
Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Peekskill's Artist District, The Division Street Grill offers eclectic American and International Cuisine, with Live Jazz Entertainment featuring a New York Style setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Division Street Grill - Best Restaurants in Peekskill ›
Division Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)romantic (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- We really enjoyed the food and perfect service.GeorgeDined on 11/14/2014The food was enjoyable. The salads were interesting and the entrees perfect, that is hot with the right amount of food. Deserts, really nice. The service can be described as attentive but not intrusive. In total, a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening in Peekskillmark54Dined on 11/8/2014We dined with three couples on a Saturday evening while legendary jazz guitarist Bucky Pizzarelli and friends were playing during dinner. First impression when we walked in was a warm sophisticated restaurent, with a welcoming maitre de and waitstaff. We asked to be seated closer to music and were quickly accommodated. The service was experienced, the food was excellent and there was a nice selection of reasonably priced wines. Short ribs and osso bucco were popular at our table as well as delicious salads and fish entrees. Bucky and friends were incredible, playing infectious classic jazz tunes at a level that allowed for easy conversation. We had a great evening and the entire staff of the restaurant made us feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Something for everyonemellenDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful dining experience with the treat of Bucky Pizzarelli's music. It was pleasant to note a few families with beautifully behaved children enjoying themselves. Delicious food and generous portions. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Always greatmikey1946Dined on 11/8/2014We have become regulars at the Division Street Grill and again we were not disappointed for the food is prepared wonderful and plated exceptional.Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater restaurantEatoutrviewsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Found the restaurant on Open Table to go to before a concert at Paramount Theater. Was a great find. Cheerful maitre de started the dinner off upbeat! His recommendations for main entre's were right on. Salad dressing was light on the pear salad. Husband enjoyed the black bean soup (little too spicey for me). Both had fish. Husband had blackened MahiMahi and I had barramundi. Never had before but the waiters description of it being a light buttery type fish was correct. Sauces were good without being overpowering. We'll return next time we are in Peekskill.Special Features:
- DonnaDined on 10/18/2014Hostess was a little stuffy, but the waitress was great. The food was very good. I ordered the Mahi-mahi and it was cooked perfectly and so was the steak.
- Every weekTomfDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I love DSG so much we have been going every week. And our friends love it too.Special Features:
- Been there, done that ... againdonteatoutmuchDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Division Street Grill several time over the years. Each time the menu has been different, but always intriguing. This time, I had steak au poivre; it was delicious, not TOO peppery. It was a healthy-size portion that I couldn't finish, so I had the opportunity to subsequently enjoy it again at home. Our waitress, Brenda, was charming, friendly and helpful, and I hope we get her again next time.Special Features:
- One of the bestTomfDined on 10/9/2014If you never dined at DSG in Peekskill, NY your missing out on one of the best restaurant experiences in this this town. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I enjoy this restaurant. Everyone is pleasant. The servers were attentive but not overwhelming. My favorite dish is the pork entree. Evenings with entertainment are a real treat! I will definately return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service2citizenshipsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Dined here because we were attending a show at the Paramount and it was close to the theater. Pleasantly surprised. All 3 of us enjoyed our choices. One of the specials was great for the vegetarian who dined with us. Wines were reasonably priced. Service was great. Both servers had a fun sense of humor. Would come here again when in the area.Special Features:
- Pre Concert DinnerBrenVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband & I were going to a concert at the Paramount in Peekskill and we decided to have dinner. The restaurant staff was very attentive. The dishes were prepared well. My husband had a spicy pasta bolognese dish, which he selected because it was different. It was a bit too spicy for him. I had baramundi which was delicious. We would go back to this restaurant. It was a very convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdinnerDined on 8/15/2014calamarie was chewy need to make more crisp every thing else was great we had bonless short ribsSpecial Features:
- Mixed experienceBOTUDined on 8/3/2014We have been going to Division St. Grill for years, and while the food and service is usually excellent, our most recent experience was mixed. There were mix-ups on the orders for 2 of 3 of us dining. The wait staff gave us similar but not exact dishes from the regular and daily special menu. It wasn't as if they were busy. An order of shrimp was overdone. The wrong rice was on one dish, and the other had rice, not pasta because of menu confusion from our server.Special Features:
- The following 152 reviews are from the Division Street Grill reviews archive.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We've been there many times, and it never disappoints. We'll keep coming back. It was a bit noisier than usual this time because there was a street festival going on, but that made it even more fun.Special Features:
- Great placejackDined on 7/19/2014We ate outside, very nice. The food is good and imaginative at a great price. A few service missteps but they handled them so well it added to the experience!Special Features:
- One of the best!CookielDined on 7/10/2014The pork osso buco was outstanding -- one of the nites specials, Waiter was great, they were short handed but he handled all of us like the professional he was. We had a 2yr old GC and there was no problem. Waiter came out to see how we liked our meal and shake hands. Memorable evening.Special Features:
- One of the best in Peekskill NyTomfDined on 7/4/2014It truly is one of the best places to dine in the city. The food, the service and the ambience are outstanding. We keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing ExperienceMicknTayDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Division Street Grill recently and were not disappointed. Live piano and vocal music provided a very relaxing atmosphere and the waiter's suggestions for our eating pleasure were perfectly prepared and served hot by the attentive wait staff. We have enjoyed several meals there, over the years, and this occasion was no exception.Special Features:
- lovetoeatDined on 5/29/2014The food was very good as usual. We were a little disappointed with the cappucinnos since they were only lukewarm.Special Features:
- BrunchGB23Dined on 5/11/2014Food was good - nothing to rave about. It seemed as though it was their first attempt at a brunch - staff was clearly inexperienced and not prepared for the demand - struggled making basic omelets. Family friendly and nice waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsJMSPKGVIPDined on 5/10/2014We go to concerts in Peekskill and have eaten at DSG before. We always have mixed feelings, but continue to go back for some reason. The food is good, but the service seems to always be just a little bit off. This time, the server thought he should just laugh about the mishaps, instead of correcting them. He kept saying "I'll be right back with that". I finished my first glass of wine before the salad arrived. We waited more than 20 minutes for the salad AFTER the appetizer. I wasn't served my second glass until my meal was almost done. We were pressed for time, so our nerves were running a little high. We allowed two hours for dinner- should not have to rush at the end- and no dessert. Maybe we'll try another place next time.Special Features:
- Unless you are starving to deathRicardoVIPDined on 5/10/2014One of the worst restaurants I have ever been too. Horrible service. Food was disgusting
- Amazing!MissPrissyPrisDined on 4/21/2014I'm such a pick eater. Most of the time my dinner gets sent back. But not this time. I had the almond crusted salmon with jasmine rice & veggies. It was just superb! The fish was tender and moist (definitely not farm raised!). The veggies were crunchy but with a buttery flavoring. Just a lovely evening with amazing food! I went home wishing I had taken a second order for a midnight snack lol ❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Jazz and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2014Great food and live jazz music on weekends. There are plenty of choices on the menu which are supplemented by daily specials. The service is great; there when you need it but not hovering over you. The music is by local musicians but some come from the city. Occasionally people drop by to jam with the musicians. Division Street helps to add the downtown life in Peekskill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not honor reservationsOpenReviewerDined on 3/29/2014Do not waste your time using opentable. This restaurant does not honor reservations using the system. We waited over an hour for a table despite the fact that we arrived on time for the reservation. Those that called in their reservations, even with later times, were given preference. Overall the staff came across as very unprofessional and aloof, seemingly not caring about their customers. This was my first bad experience using opentable. I would therefore not recommend Division street grill to anyone using the system.
- its okprincetonDined on 3/29/2014We were a bit disappointed in the quality of beef served as filet mignon. It was a bit chewy. Our waitress had no clue what sides came with the beef. She said it was up to the chef. If we come again, we will choose another dinner option. The noise level rose as we started to eat. The entertainment was nice (the musicians were talented) but very loud for such a small space. The music should be in the background not in your face. (just our opinion) We like to eat and chat and it became very difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Good food, great service, nice live music with a piano and a sax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The price of quietnessFredVIPDined on 2/17/2014They seemed to be understaffed. The place was just about empty, other than our table there was only 1 other table and another couple came in shortly aftter, even so the waiter looked rushed and gave us little of his time. Price was high for what we got, however the food was good, not sure if $150 (for 2) good, but good.. So yes, I would and will go back, I think it deserves the benefit of the doubt :) we might have caught them on an 'off' day..I would recommend this to a friend.
- good staff, great foodluceedeenDined on 2/15/2014Once we changed our table away from the high pitched ladies, the staff was attentive, patient and completely understood. The food was excellent as usual, the portions very decent. I've never been disappointed dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, Service POOR.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014This used to be a great restaurant we enjoyed visiting. Unfortunately, this visit was a clear disappointment. The food was un characteristically unimpressive. Also both our entrees were overcooked. Unfortunately our waiter was no where to be found. He never returned to our table until after we asked another server, if our server had left for the night. Apparently the restaurant's visit by 'Restaurant Stakeout' did little to help. Since it seems whatever advice was given, has been quickly forgotten.
- Do they really care?ScoutDined on 2/1/2014Recently chose to dine at Division Street Grill as they offered live music. The music was enjoyable--wish I could say the same about the service. Restaurant was understaffed and staff didn't really seem to care at all about the guest experience. It took forever to get menus, noone took drink orders, our meals took forever and came out at different times. When we expressed frustration we were told "everyone has a bad experience once in a while and unfortunately that is you tonight." There was no attempt to compensate for any of this--the offer of a free drink or dessert would have gone a long way. I subsequently learned the restaraunt was featured in one of those reality shows that purports to "fix" broken restaurants. Guess it didn't stick.
- always a great experiencetfrnjDined on 1/16/2014when we visit the region we always make a point to dine at Division Street Grilll. The ambiance is contemporary yet is perfect for special occassions. Even when the dinning room is crowded we can still carry on a pricate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent experiencevpmad1Dined on 1/10/2014We have been to the Division Street Grill several times now, and the food and service are consistently excellent. Tonight's visit was made even more special by the talents of legendary musicians Bucky Pizzarelli and Jerry Bruno. What a treat to see these pros in such an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014The food and service were very good. I had the Duck which was exceptional and my Husband had a stuffed Chicken Special which he said was good. The Banana/chocolate bread pudding was very tasty. Yes I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoilerUp64BoilerUpVIPDined on 12/30/2013We waited 20 minutes for someone to take our drink order. We ordered an appetizer, a salad and an entree. After nearly an hour wait they brought the entree; no appetizer, no salad, just the entree. The entree was excellent, but did not offset the most amateurish/incompetent service I have ever encountered.
- Very pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Very pleasant dining experience with good food good service and good entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PeekskillTomfDined on 11/29/2013once again everything was wonderful. Great food and service, and they make a great ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbundancemhebDined on 11/28/2013There was more than enough food for Thanksgiving for take home leftovers,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and generous portions.EriclynnDined on 11/23/2013Attentive service, great food, generous portions, nice atmosphere. Handled a special ingredient request. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.