Divino Restaurant NY
1556 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Divino Restaurant NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://divinonewyork.com/
- Phone: 2128611096
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: PierLuigi Ceribelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano bar and singer (weekends only)
A word from Divino Restaurant NY
Divino Restaurant is a charming and cozy Italian restaurant offering a range of delicious and innovative delicacies. Being the first Italian restaurant to grace Upper Eastside more than 30 years ago, Divino takes you to the romantic settings of a first date or a special family outing, easily forgetting the fast pace of the city. With soft lighting, attentive service and outstanding food, you will have a wonderful and unforgettable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Divino Restaurant NY reviews from OpenTable diners
- New years eveEdselDined on 12/31/2013We were here on new year's eve. There was live music and a special menu. We enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Food very good. Went on ChrismasnancybVIPDined on 12/25/2013Food very good. Went on Chrismas when restaurant was very crowded. Staff had difficult time handling the crowd. Waited 40 minutes to give order to server. Waited a long time to be served dinner.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in NYRockyroadVIPDined on 12/15/2013You get a drink, appetizer, main course and coffee for under $17- this place is in manhattan. RUN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a local spotSueLIDined on 12/13/2013Divino's is a local restaurant but always feels special. The decor is lovely with bright walls covered with large prints. Fun to look at while dining. The prix fixe dinner is an excellent value and has many choices. The serviced is attentive. Quiet live music adds to the ambience. We sat for almost 2 hours with friends and were able to talk without straining to hear. Always a pleasant evening. A nice place to go with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2013Wonderful service and food! We all enjoyed the perfect family gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Holiday DinnerFrenchFoodieDined on 11/28/2013We picked Divino's for a Thanksgiving Dinner this year and were not disappointed. The menu was well priced at a prix-fixe of $33, and included a choice of eight appetizers and five entrees and choice of five desserts. The restaurant was packed, the food was excellent, and the service, although a little overwhelmed, was good. We opted the Traditional Turkey Dinner, and it was delightful. The stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer was a different choice that gave the meal a little Italian twist. We will go back again and try their regular prix-fix dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in TownRockyroadVIPDined on 10/13/2013For $17 you get an appetizer, entree, coffee or tea and a drink thrown in. Hard to beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK atmosphere,below average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013I ordered cold artichoke with mustard dip. Artichoke was not drained well ... Mustard dip was ok. Veal Francais was tough ...difficult to cut. The lemon butter sauce was just that...no complex flavor. I had home made apple strudel. Apples were undercooked.. I don't know how they call their strudel ,strudel. Pastry was tough, over worked and tasteless. There was some type of white cold sauce .. That didn't help. The best part of the meal was their complementary butter cookies. Light ,buttery and flavorful . Atmosphere was a throwback to the seventies. White clothes and napkins. Institutional silverware and glasses. Bar was somewhat inviting on a small scale. No action there ,however. Service was pleasant and attentive.
- Awful tourist trap with loudMoofjoDined on 9/1/2013Awful tourist trap with loud and obnoxious musician and a very overpriced menu. Spaghetti, sauce, salad, glass of wine for 2, all of mediocre quality for $100+, then add the 25% tax and tip. Try Bricco or Becco.
- Very Nice Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013Enjoyed a wonderful family dinner, 7 of us. Terrific, attentive service by Nick. They easily accomdated children/picky eaters. Sophisticated grown up menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming at best. TheHasefaceDined on 6/22/2013Underwhelming at best. The bread basket contained dry icky bread. A minute or so in the oven would've helped that problem alot. This is NYC, there is no excuse for gross bread to start. a meal with The seafood salad I ordered was swimming in an oily vinaigrette that I had to pour into the empty butter dish since it was drippy. Decaf coffe at the end tasted so strong, similar to Turkish coffee. When I asked for tea instead, the waiter asked if I wanted hot water to put in the coffee to make it less strong...really? I would not patronize this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Food varies from OK to good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013Food varies from OK to good. Fine service and lovely atmosphere. Homey feel.Special Features:
- We were three for dinner,AnnieVIPDined on 4/9/2013We were three for dinner, each ordering a different meal offering tastes to the others. We all ordered from the table d'hôtel menu; all three meals were delicious. We washed the meals down with an excellent bottle of Pino Grigio, then came three sublime desserts, each one better than the next. The service was attentive, yet unobtrusive. We had a $50 certificate to be discounted from a $100+ tab. We had a bottle of wine which made it easy to spend over $100.after the $50 was taken off we felt we had attained the biggest bargain ever. Now even without the added inducement of a size able discount, we all agreed we would be coming back to Divino again.Special Features:
- Always have an excellent mealDiane707VIPDined on 4/3/2013Always have an excellent meal here. They will accommodate any changes you want from the menu. Very attentive.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsbpanarelVIPDined on 1/26/2013They greet you like you are family. The staff is wonderful and the food is consistently good. Prices are great. Nice place to meet friends.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/6/2013We went to Divino on a Sunday night for dinner. As soon as I walked into the restaurant I knew I had made the wrong choice. The restaurant was empty except for two diners who were eating in a corner. When the food came I realised why it was so empty. The salad was o.k., nothing special, although I accept that the calamari was good. I ordered the salmon which was cooked dry and had no taste. And the pastas did not look like they were anything special. I will not waste my time and money here again.
- Very ordinary but adequateDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 12/8/2012Very ordinary but adequate neighborhood Italian restaurant. Large selection of dishes. Service was very friendly and accommodating. Decor is typical neighborhood Italian.
- My family and I went to DivinoMaryVIPDined on 11/22/2012My family and I went to Divino for Thanksgiving and were truly disappointed with our entire experience. The service was poor and our waiter was abrupt. The traditional Thanksgiving meal that my husband ordered was tasteless and looked like the turkey scraps were thrown on the plate. The cranberry sauce was also in a small plastic tub and there was one small sweet potato. We were so disappointed as this could have been a regular restaurant for us since we live so close. There are too many other amazing restaurants in the neighborhood.
- Ambience very nice, quiet.Look4vegDined on 11/8/2012Ambience very nice, quiet. Food was very, very good. Would return there.Special Features:
- Dependably goodbpanarelVIPDined on 11/3/2012Comfortable neighborhood restaurant with a staff that remembers you and greets you making you feel like you are in their home. The food is consistently good italian food and the portions are very generous.Special Features:
- One of our favorite RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012One of our favorite Restaurants for the service & atmosphere and the food is always consistent.Special Features:
- Divine Divino!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012I was born and raised in NYC and Divino's has been my family's favorite Italian Restaurant forever. Love that place. Great food. Never pushy. Feels like home away from home.Special Features:
- Neighborhood crowd are therebpanarelVIPDined on 10/6/2012Neighborhood crowd are there because the food is dependably delicious and the staff is very warm.Special Features:
- AWFUL! DO NOT EVEN!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2012Waiter was awful. in fact, with all due respect, he seemed to be hard of hearing maybe? b/c if that were the case, things would make sense. he basically messed up every course. my bf ordered the nicoise and it didn't have any tuna in it - nor did it have anything besides lettuce that was heavily drenched in some mustardy dressing. i ordered the special and what i thought the waiter said was sole but it was rubbery swordfish. the only time i returned an item was during dessert when they placed a cheesecake in front of me when i ordered the tiramisu. then, the funniest part is when the waiter acted as if he was doing us a favor by taking a few bucks off our bill for giving us the wrong salad. atrocious place.
- They truly aim to please thebpanarelVIPDined on 6/2/2012They truly aim to please the customer. Very relaxing atmosphere and good food.Special Features:
- surprisingly good neighborhoodBerryBassmanVIPDined on 5/13/2012surprisingly good neighborhood restaurant. great value.
- Really delicious food; pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/6/2012Really delicious food; pleasant service; good prices, with excellent prix fixe selections.
- My husband and I had 2 differentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/5/2012My husband and I had 2 different specials, veal milanese and osso bucco, and they were both OK, nothing special.
- Dependably good!bpanarelVIPDined on 3/17/2012Consistently good Italian food. The staff does everything they can to make you comfortable. I like to go to dependable places and this is one of themSpecial Features:
- Went here for valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went here for valentine's day. Good food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Great dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Took my girlfriend here for v-day and we both loved itSpecial Features:
- Tried and True NY ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/11/2012We found the food and the service very good. Overall it is very standard Italian fare but they are resting on the tried and true and do very well with that. But nothing updated or culinary adventure that you might expect today. The decor and atmosphere also are a throw back to an Italian style of 20+ years ago. The DJ even played standards. If you are looking for a nostalgic NY Italian experience Divino is great and the food won't disappoint.
- food was average comparedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/11/2012food was average compared to other Authentic Italian Restaurants. I was there because I had a GC of $25 and supposedly it wasn't valid for Saturdays (only $50 gc is valid). However, they let me slide this time since I didn't know. On my GC, it didn't state that as requirement so either way I should be able to use it. I had the complete dinner - Appetizer: bruschetta 7/10 Entree: Eggplant Rollatine 7/10 Dessert: Tiramisu ($2.95 extra) 8.5/10 my girlfriend had the all carte Entree: Spaghettini all Bolognese (meat sauce) 6/10 this wasn't saucy enough she ordered a sprite which is filled in a small cup $3.00 i understand things are overpriced, but this was too overpriced with no refill However, overall i would giveSpecial Features:
- We came with friends and weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/31/2012We came with friends and we were very pleased with the experience. The staff was very hospitable and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Decent Italian staple on theMattyVIPDined on 1/22/2012Decent Italian staple on the UES. Good portions and you feel like you're in a mafia movie while you're dining. Capiche?
- Good food, quiet atmospherebpanarelVIPDined on 1/21/2012Quiet atmosphere with great food and music. Very mellow and, with the attentive staff,makes for a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- An enjoyable dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2012An enjoyable dining experience. Berry sorbet was wonderful.Special Features:
- Hadn't been here in awhileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011Hadn't been here in awhile and it was nice to see the 'redo'...the ambiance was pleasant...the wait staff pleasant and a bit distracted...the price point terrific...food okSpecial Features:
- Wasn't expecting this to beDiane707VIPDined on 11/7/2011Wasn't expecting this to be as good as it was. A good neighborhood find
- We are quite taken by theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/7/2011We are quite taken by the total experience here. The food is relatively simple, but well made and fresh. The service was efficient, friendly and caring; we've just returned from a trip to Tuscany and the feel here was comparable. We'll be back for sure.Special Features: