Divino Lounge and Restaurant
7345 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
Divino Lounge and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.divinolounge.com/
- Phone: 2404970300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thurday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Divino Lounge and Restaurant
Authentic Argentine Steak HouseContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Divino Lounge and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- I'm told the restaurant getsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2012I'm told the restaurant gets lively and interesting later in the evening; we've been there a number of times at 7:30 and it's almost empty, which reduces any ambience it might have. However, it looks downtrodden: the banquette along the wall where I sat is covered in somewhat soiled black fake velvet that is tearing off on the edges and looks pretty unpleasant. The service was almost non existent for the first 15 minutes and then the waiter, perfectly politely, asked us if we were ready to order every 5 minutes until the third time, when we gave up and ordered. Food is good but I wouldn't go back.
- Bad service, made it seemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/27/2012Bad service, made it seem like an inconvenience that we were there. Asked for a tapas menu that we never received. The decor and the lighting is pretty bad and the lounge area looks horrible. Too bad because it's a great location and they could do so much with the place. The food was bland and every dish felt like it was missing something. We dine out a lot in Bethesda and there are many great restaurants in the area that we wouldn't be wasting our time and money going back here.
- Good steak restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012If you really like steak (or just Argentinian food in general), then you will definitely enjoy Divino's. The only complaint that I have is that they make many 2-person tables 3-person tables, and the plates they use are very large (unnecessarily so), so you can feel kind of cramped. If you go as a group of three, I would suggest asking for a booth.Special Features:
- I will never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2012I would never go back. Meats were so salty I got full off of water that I had a hard time getting refills for. Service was unfriendly and I had to track the waiter down every time I needed something.
- We were satisfied with a aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/6/2012We were satisfied with a a table for eight in the back of the restaurant. The waiter came a few times to take orders for, and bring, drinks and dinner orders. Then he disappeared. At least 10 minutes after everyone had finished dinner,we made unsuccessful attempts to catch his eye, while he was having an animated conversation with a couple in the front of the restaurant.By the time he came no one wanted dessert. The 4 credit cards provided to pay bill were returned because they could only process 3 cards. Never heard of that before. It was confusing and annoying. The consensus was that service was poor and no one would return. The lady who brought water and bread was very diligent and helpful. She should be promoted to waitress.
- We returned for our secondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012We returned for our second dinner. We really like this small intimate restaurant. We had the NY Strip = excellent. Our bartender/waiter was also very engaging. We will return.Special Features:
- Swing and a missOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/27/2012When you first walk in they don't have an obvious hostess area so you just kind of wander around until someone notices you. There were several opportunities for someone to acknowledge us, but no one did. This was consistent through out the night. We were finally seated but our server was also the bartender so service was definitely slow. Only two servers but most tables were occupied. The food was very good, but the portions were quite small, especially for the prices they charged. It was a decent restaurant, but the service turned what could have been a nice experience into a not so nice time. Don't think we will ever go back. Too many other great restaurants in the Bethesda area like Chef Tony's.
- We Cried For You, Argentina...JLSCTVIPDined on 9/27/2012Good location, easy public parking, nice wait-staff. We had a Groupon. Ordered the rack of lamb. The menu lists this @ $30, so it is not a cheap dish. What arrived were 4 teeny-tiny baby lamb chops (one bite each) plus 1 (ONE!) slice each of green & yellow squash & a scoop of tasteless mashed potato encased in a helmet of stiffened melted cheese. At $30 I hoped for a serving of vegetables that did not look an afterthought or the chef's interpretation of "art" on a plate. Add to that a screaming child whose high-pitched shrieks continually overwhelmed the atmosphere of an underwhelming dining experience. We tipped 20% of the full menu prices to waiter, but we can't imagine returning to pay their normal menu prices for indifferent food.
- I would recommend going hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012I would recommend going here again because I enjoyed my drink. I think it would be best to just have a salad and appetizer instead of an entire meal. The food was not very flavorful but it was still edible. The pricing of the food would be fine if it tasted better. The best part of the food was the sweatbread. The energy and atmosphere of the place was very nice.
- Starting with the positives,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2012Starting with the positives, the service from Gonzalo was exceptional. However, their look is very, very tired. Reminded me of an old beat up country club dining room. For an Argentinian place, I would have thought the meats would have been a bit more notable in their preparation. There really wasn't anything that stood out. I would like to try it again, as the food was passable, but the service great.
- Delicious, authentic ArgentinianOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2012Delicious, authentic Argentinian cuisine! We will be back!Special Features:
- Pretty good for ArgentineTriffDined on 9/21/2012Pretty good for Argentine cuisine and wine...last trip we were not as impressed with food and service.Special Features:
- Lovely Argentinian food, especiallyDebyVIPDined on 9/18/2012Lovely Argentinian food, especially the steak. Wine is very nice.Special Features:
- Great location, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012Great location, good food, but the portions are very small. Also refill for our drink were not offered. Look like they need more employees, only three that I could see, the manager, a waitress and the chef.Special Features:
- We were expecting a classyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012We were expecting a classy steakhouse, but that is not what we got. The entrance area was confusing - there was no host to greet us. We just walked in, about halfway through the restaurant to the area where the food comes out, and waited until someone asked us if we needed a table. (We did have reservations.) The waiter sat us towards the back, which was fine, but, there was no music playing in the back half of the restaurant, making the close-together seating a bit awkward as we and the couple next to us could hear each other's entire conversations. The waiter took a very long time to come back to our table, whether it was to take our order, to check on us, to refill our drinks. We had to track him down to get more drinks.Food wasn't great
- CurtainsOpenMindDined on 9/15/2012I think it went out of business shortly after we dined there - no surprise in the competitive restaurant scene in Bethesda.
- Despite the bad reviews weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Despite the bad reviews we read, my boyfriend and I really enjoyed the appetizers and entrees that we ordered. Service wasn't perfect, but nothing to complain about. We will definitley go back.Special Features:
- The service at this placeTestudoVIPDined on 9/15/2012The service at this place is very bad. The staff are rude, and don't act like you are a customer at all. I had a living social deal also, and they made me pay the balance in cash because it was less than $20! What respectable restaurant makes you pay $20 in cash? I didn't leave a tip because I didn't have that much in cash on me. They should have written it on the deal if they were going to do that. I probably wouldn't have purchased it in that case.
- I was a bit disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012I was a bit disappointed. We had the mixed grill platter and the steak, sweetbreads, and sausage were all somewhat dry and overcooked. Our tablemate was equally unimpressed with his paella. I'd like it to Argentine version of an Applebee's only not as good. On the plus side, the wine list was approachable and well priced.
- maybe just a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012a $47 paella for two with very little seafood....essentially a rice dish, the seafood was not able to impart much favor to the dish. only two small langustinos 4 mussels, 2 clams and an emaciated Lobster, Very, very light on the saffron. The suffed sqiud appetizer was good.
- The food is great and I alwaysFoodRulesDined on 9/11/2012The food is great and I always look forward to having a tasty steak there. The service is good as well. You do not feel rushed at all to get out of the restaurant. They are attentive without pushing you. Oh and if you like sangria get the champagne sangria. It is amazingly good.Special Features:
- The night started badly whenDCDinerVIPDined on 9/8/2012The night started badly when we had to wait 5 minutes just to be acknowledged and seated. We literally stood at the entrance for 5 minues and were ignored. Then the waiter proceeded to ignore us for most of the evening. I had to ask a busboy for a 2nd glass of wine and had another waiter flag him down to get the dessert menu (which I would have passed on but I was there with my niece and she wanted dessert). The food was OK; my steak was tough and fatty and the mashed potatoes were cold and bland. The paella and sample meat platter looked good and if I planned to go back (NOT), that's what I'd order. For the prices they charge, it should have been better. The chimichurri is very good, however. All in all a mediocre experience.
- Good food, but bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012The quality of food was very good. Skirt Steak was prepared and tested great. The tenderloin steak was under cooked (medium rare to rare vs. medium as I ordered), but I still liked it. White and pink sangria tested below mediocre. $9 each definitely did not worth it. The service was bad. Not even once we were asked how our food was, nor were we asked if we wanted to get refills on $3 tiny glass of coke. We were not asked if we were in there before, not offered any suggestions. Every response the waiter gave us seemed like a favor. I asked for a second bread, and they never brought it. After we finished our entries, the waiter came over and asked "Anything else?" I would expect much better and friendlier service from the restaurant.
- The Mussel appetizer was tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The Mussel appetizer was tasty and so was Seafood Pasta
- Argentinian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012This restaurant has great Argentinian food. It took us a while to figure out the menu, but the waiter was quite helpful.Special Features:
- Our waitress was less thanbadlerDined on 9/1/2012Our waitress was less than versed on the specials, the wine list, or even recommending a wine. Didn't know what the house wine was and due to her age, had no idea what a Vintner was. I felt we had to rely on our own experiences to select our wine. She was young, friendly but not more refined, as this place should be and typically is.Special Features:
- Dining experience worth repeatingRichDined on 8/31/2012Nice restaurant, very good food, excellent service staff. First time visit, won't be the last.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the authenicOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2012Really enjoyed the authenic flavors of Argentina. Really enjoyed that they had alfajores available for dessert!Special Features:
- Overpriced. Whatever youOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2012Overpriced. Whatever you do, do NOT get the sangria. It's a bunch of ice and a drop of wine with a couple fruit pieces... The pitcher of wine-icee is $30. Absolutely NOT.
- Far from ArgentinaPabloDined on 8/25/2012Being from Argentina and visiting a dozen times, I was excited about the a place serving steaks like the ones I've eaten there. Unfortunately, Divino didn't meet those expectations. To be fair, you are getting a good steak (I had the strip and my fiancee had the rib eye) for a good price, but it doesn't compare to other steak joints. The provoleta was good as an appetizer but they were stingy with the bread, only bringing one roll for each of us until we asked for a second. The chimichurri was very good and the dessert, a strawberry souffle, while very sweet, was quite good. The service was fine but even in a small place, they seemed rushed. In all, it was fine. Living in Arlington, I wouldn't make the trek to Bethesda just to eat there.
- This was myx first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012This was myx first visit. It is not a romantic location because of the noise and absence of ambiance. The menue was interesting, and the food was good, if not exceptional. The waitress was poorly trained, but tried very hard. At one point a male who seemed to bein a managerial position, came to our table and refreshed our water. I asked for another piece of bread (they initially gave us one very small but delicious dinner roll a piece) it never came . Had a nice glass of Malbec and a tasty lomo filet. I'll go back to eat, not to dine or take my wife out for a special eveningSpecial Features:
- I called for a reservatonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012I called for a reservaton but no one called me back, so I ended up making the reservation on line. When we arrived, we were met by the manager, apparently, and he took our order, so I assumed he was also the waiter. Mid way through the meal, someone else took over, with no notification to us, so we were confused as to who we should call for service. Attentiveness was spotty - we had to ask for water refills, etc. We were asked about the quality of the food, but there were long periods of time when we were left totally alone - fine if everything is OK, but not good when something is needed. Food was fantastic - perfectly prepared and nice presentation. If Divino can clean up their service, this could be an excellent restaurant.
- Rolls and dipping oil wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Rolls and dipping oil were great, but the entrees were disappointing. The meat in my paella was of very low quality. Also, the white wine list is limited to chards.
- Food was ok, but service isGYMCVIPDined on 8/14/2012Food was ok, but service is horrible. The place was kind of empty and still the service was bad.
- Overall- disappointing. TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Overall- disappointing. Tapas appetizer seemed like it was from a frozen dinner. Meat was oversalted. Just not impressive.
- Wonderful experience at Divino.NomNominDCVIPDined on 8/4/2012Wonderful experience at Divino. A true taste of Argentina (though the parillada for one may be a bit underwhelming -- probably makes the most sense to order it for two if both people are interested in eating meat). The Empanadas were delicious as was an orange and goat cheese salad on special that night. They also had Dulce de Leche panqueques (which my boyfriend hadn't had since he fell in love with them in Argentina). Divino is a wonderful excuse to head up to Bethesda for dinner from the District.Special Features:
- Our first experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2012Our first experience with Divino was wonderful and very delicious. We started with the shrimp appetizer and competed to soak up the last drop of the sauce. The skirt steak was tender and flavorful. The spicy sausage pasta was delicious and the spicing layered, not just hot. We had a delicious champagne sangria to complete a tasty meal.Special Features:
- For a self-proclaimed ArgentiniandcdrivethruDined on 7/20/2012For a self-proclaimed Argentinian Steak House, the rib eye was tough and flavorless. In addition, the sides were cold. I've had better steaks at chain restaurants.
- Food & drinks were over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Food & drinks were over priced for what was served.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, left dissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012A bit disappointed after several weeks anticipating an opportunity to try Divino. On the plus size, it looks like a fun place; the space is well-designed and comfortable. As a party of four, we ordered a pitcher of sangria, the parrillada for two and paella negra. The sangria was just okay and we were surprised to see it was 30 bucks on the check. I've lived in Spain and have my own expectations, I suppose. The parrillada for two could easily have been finished off by one hungry guy (me); fortunately, my wife wasn't feeling such an appetite. I tried the paella and an was unimpressed. We had to request bread/aioli refreshes which should have been automatic. Finally, it didn't seem to matter that we were leaving... no one bid us goodnight.