Divino Italian Restaurant
1830 West Alabama
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Divino Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.divinohouston.com/
- Phone: 7138071123
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Patrick McCray
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for up to 30 in the elegant, wood-accented wine cellar. Special menus are available. Audio visual facilities provided for business presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick McCray 7138071123
A word from Divino Italian Restaurant
Divino is a family owned restaurant and wine bar specializing in honest regional Italian food. Since 2000, neighborhood foodies and Italophiles have flocked to the casual/chic Montrose hideaway for handmade pastas, exquisite local seafood and innovative dishes like Crispy Pork Shoulder with Green Apple Risotto and Pickled Celery Root. The eclectic wine list features 30 wines by the glass with very low mark-ups. The list is predominantly Italian and celebrates not only the classic regions of Tuscany and Piemonte but also the more obscure wines of Alto Adige all the way to Sicily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Divino Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Divino Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (18)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (16)romantic (14)good for groups (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Divino is FairDinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I have been wanting to try Divino for years. It has a great reputation as a quality Italian Restaurant. Personally, I think the food needs a little work. Our calamari appetizer was average at best and very oily. The accompanying sauces lacked flavor. I ordered the lamb chops for my entree and the lamb chops were very good. However, the mashed potatoes and accompanying veggies were below average. My girlfriend ordered a veal dish and the veal was tasty but the accompanying salad lacked flavor. The Dessert was the best part of the meal. The chocolate pudding was velvety and smooth. Overall not a bad experience but I expected a better. A nice job with proteins but sides need work.Special Features:
- Divino is divineOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/1/2014That's really corny, isnt it. This is just a really nice place. Friendly service. Delicious food. Good wines (They pride themselves on this). Atmosphere. What more do you need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Menu - Better Wine ListBobbyDDined on 9/3/2014The bartender spends serious time in Italy gathering local knowledge of the winnery's. The wine selection was extensive and reasonable. We asked for a recommendation based on our table's food choices and the paring was excellent. The food was excellent, prepared exactly to our requests. Eveyone agreed they were very pleased with selections.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/29/2014From Lafayette and looking for a good neighborhood Houston Italian Rest. and found a great one with varied menu and wonderful food and service. Will be back.Special Features:
- Oenophile's DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Great food with a wine list that is exceptional in its breadth and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagMotowngirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014Loved the appetizer and my husband loved the Tuscan pork but the risotto was bland and lacked seasoning really of any kind. Would probably go back and give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteBertilDined on 8/21/2014I enjoy dinner at Divino and have for years. It is just the right size, you can self-park, the menu is spot on with my mood. And you can talk and be heard.Special Features:
- Always Enjoy DivinosouthsideeaterVIPDined on 8/16/2014We regularly dine here and find the food to be always good and the wine outstanding. It is one of our 'go to' restaurants for a good dinner, wine and great service.Special Features:
- WonderfulDineroutDined on 8/16/2014Will definitely return. Quiet, excellent food, good service.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The food and the service were excellent. I was disappointed because I made a note on open table that we had a gluten free diner and the server was not aware of that and was not very knowlegable about which items would be gluten free.Special Features:
- Great dinnerRmlackDined on 8/15/2014Our waiter was helpful with the wine. We enjoyed the variety on the restaurant week menu. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindmyopinionDined on 8/9/2014Really love the restaurant. The food and service were both excellent. I had a difficult time finding a parking space and the manager came out and helped me park around back where the employees park. It was nice to be able to have a conversation without yelling across the table. The best part was we could see our food. The lighting was perfect. We will definitely go back and recommend to others. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KurthDined on 8/9/2014As always, dinner was enjoyable and food was excellent.Special Features:
- WhitVIPDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I dined with our daughter and two young granddaughters on a busy Friday night. All of the wait staff and restaurant personnel were very patient and helpful when the little girls grew restless. The food was great and the staff at Divino were exceptional. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBevotexDined on 8/2/2014Had the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu and was very happy. Wine list was very good, and the food quality was excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always amazing! You can't go wrong with anything here! The best wine selection!Special Features:
- Delivers great Italian every timespikerjackVIPDined on 7/19/2014One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants! Good wine list, good, consistent service and fantastic pastas - especially the mushroom ravioli in truffled broth.Special Features:
- always goodShirleyDined on 6/26/2014I always enjoy dining at Divino and this visit was not a disappointment. The nice thing about this restaurant is that it is not too noisy even when there is a fairly full house. It is refreshing to be able to talk with one's friends without having to shout.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Divino Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Marvelous ExperienceJudiDined on 6/14/2014Our party of eight was to celebrate a 75th birthday. Our party included an amateur chef and folks that have dined all over the world. It was the first time there for each of us and everyone of us can't wait to come back. Appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSLM42VIPDined on 6/6/2014I went with my fiancé for dinner on Friday night. We sat in a lovely booth near the bar. I had the lamb chops and he had the parmesan crusted chicken. Both entree's were so yummy. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good Food But Crazy Corkage FeeImHereForTheFoodDined on 5/13/2014One of the great aspects that this restaurant is touted for is its BYOB policy. They don't publish anywhere that I can see what they charge for corkage (e.g., menu, winelist, website...) 4 bottles later the bill came and we found out... $18 each! I've never experienced a corkage fee this high and was truly surprised and unpleasantly so,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80th birthdayBobbyDined on 5/2/2014Party of eleven for an 80th birthday party. We were seated in the wine room which was a great location for our loud group. The food was fantastic - both the specials and regular menu items. Wine suggested by waiter was as good or better than our last visit. I've been here multiple times and am never disappointed. Roberto, our waiter, ensured our evening was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeSingleTravelerVIPDined on 4/26/2014Average food - very good service. Wine list is reasonable. Better options around town.
- Great findMichaelBVIPDined on 4/9/2014I found this place by just sorting away on opentable for Italian. Loved it. Very quaint. Food is good basic Italian. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I will not eat here again.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014I will not eat here again. The food was frozen, cold and bland. The service wasn't good either. I do not recommend this restaurant!!!
- Our favorite "go-to" placeBubbaDined on 3/26/2014Our favorite "go-to" place in town. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally triedBWbwDined on 3/21/2014We drive past Divino almost every day. Glad we finally tried it. Sound level was perfect. Service was excellent. Wine excellent. Food was very good to great. Prices are very reasonable for a first class dinner.Special Features:
- We have been here a coupleCinlouhoustonDined on 3/20/2014We have been here a couple of times and find the food wonderful and the atmosphere so quiet and relaxing. The wait staff has been excellent and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GO!OuchVIPDined on 2/26/2014Divino is a gem! Just go! Food is always amazing, they always have great off-menu specials and they will cater to your needs. Service is the reason we come back. From the owner, who is present and a true gentleman, to our favorite server, Roberto, who is the best you will find in any restaurant. You will not be disappointed. JUST GO!Special Features:
- Great staffBuzzDined on 2/26/2014We stayed beyond closing time - never made us uncomfortable or asked usti leave!Special Features:
- Devinefoodie2shoesVIPDined on 2/22/2014I pass this restaurant up so many times , why did I wait so long to try it out. I'm not a big Italian food fan because I'm not a big pasta fan ! However I dabble a bit here and there ! Great wine list , fresh pasta is awesome ! A bit pricey but worth money! Fresh ingredients , I didn't really care for the fish ! Wasn't terrible just need a little more flavor ! It's not a social scene and that's my preference. If you are looking for the scene go somewhere else ! Good family and date restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Good food, attentive service, good wi.ne list. The specials were greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDavidDined on 2/14/2014Great atmophere. Great food. Great service. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint ItalianCharlesDined on 2/14/2014Divino is a nice, small establishment with simple tastes done right. My date and I went for valentines, where a special menu was prepared (not prix fixe, but a shortened menu). The entrees were items that could be seen at an American food restaurant, with a slight Italian flare to it, such as scallops on a bed of risotto. We started with the gnocchi. The only complaint: we ran out too soon! The service was prompt and friendly, nothing to complain about. And the wine list was comprehensive for the occasion.Special Features:
- Cheaper than a flight to Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Our dinner was amazing. From the gnocchi (so light and flavorful) and mushroom ravioli (handmade pasta, swimming in a delicate broth) to our entrees of Orecchiette with Duck Sausage and Crispy Snapper with Risotto, we delighted in every bite. We also had a taste of the lasagna special (white lasagna in a vegetable ragu). I haven't had a lasagna that delicate and well-balanced since my last trip to Italy. You can't go wrong eating here!Special Features:
- A favoriteBubbaDined on 1/31/2014We dine regularly at Divino. It is totally consistent with excellent ingredients, excellent solid cooking, personalized service, and hard-to find interesting wines. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- great placeromanticdinnerDined on 1/18/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere. The wine list was notable and a great place for a special occassion or date night.Special Features:
- Great food, wine,ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2014Great food, wine,ambiance, service, people. A real neighborhood bistro! Peter H. BrownySpecial Features:
- Consistently great foodGiulioDined on 1/9/2014I go to the Divino often. This time had mushroom ravioli in truffled broth, home made, and salmone affogato. Both excellent dishes. May also want to try their orecchiette with duck sausage. Yummy.Special Features:
- Hands down the best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/8/2014Hands down the best Italian restaurant we have been to. All the dishes are fresh, authentic and delicious, especially Emily's goat cheese ravioli and mushroom ravioli! Best dining experience, staff is so friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. We are regulars and will continue to be:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.