968 Ralston Ave
Belmont, CA 94002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.divinobelmont.com/
- Phone: 6506209102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Cucco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a limitless menu tailored made for each private off-site event. Only food is provided.
- Private Party Facilities: On days that we are closed, we can accommodate up to 60 guests. At other times, we can offer a semi private dining room for up to 30 guests. All private parties will have a prix-fixe menu.
- Private Party Contact: Rosanna Marks 6506209102
A word from Divino
Ristorante Divino, located in Belmont on Ralston one block North of El Camino, offers true regional cuisine of modern Italy. We are open for Lunch Tues-Fri and Dinner Tues-Sun. The knowledgeable staff and incredible food allow for a memorable dining experience. Chef/Owner Vincenzo Cucco's kitchen is born from a love of all that is Italian in both traditional and creative cuisine. From the homemade to the seasonal variety, Cucco's tempered cuisine is considered one of the best in the Bay Area. Divino promises to become a destination restaurant.Ask about our special events and private dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Divino - Best Restaurants in Belmont ›
Divino reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (18)romantic (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- local fave!malditaDined on 8/1/2014I've eaten here at least a dozen times - food is fresh, simple, delicious. They've expanded the restaurant to accommodate large groups and parties - we've eaten here with our extended family for celebrations (birthdays, Mother's Day) and the service has been friendly and prompt. This past visit, the service was slower but isn't really indicative of my overall experience (main dishes took a bit longer than usual).Special Features:
- Great food but noise level was highTommyDined on 7/17/2014Great food, great service, they accommodated my wife's GF request on a dish that has gluten. No GF bread which was disappointing but doesn't deter from a good food. We told them it was our anniversary and they serve us dessert on the house which was a nice gesture, love the Tiramisu and she had dark chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate sauce both were very good. I think the noise was due to the large group behind us (there were 2 I think). I subtracted 1 star for not having GF bread as this restaurant is GF certified but added it back as they accommodated her request for a dish to be GF when it wasn't meant to be (this is service!).Special Features:
- Love DivinosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Divino is a great neighborhood restaurant. Not so easy to get in these days as people have discovered this gem. But the owner/staff continues to provide a great place for my wife and me to eat; reasonable prices; good wine list. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Very nice neighborhood restaurantTheaterCrowdDined on 6/27/2014This place is a very nice neighborhood restaurant. Full bar. Friendly staff. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I finally tried Divino!GailDined on 6/25/2014having passed this place many times, I finally had dinner there. So glad I did. Great food, lovely service, comfortable seating, and despite the fact our party stayed chatting way after everyone else had gone, there was no pressure to leave. Charming, delicious and reasonable priced. This might just become my go-to spot. Thanks, Divino for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What the other folks have said!TravelingFoodieDined on 6/15/2014Super service. Homemade pasta is great. Not as expensive as other Italian places in the area, so we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!LovetoeatDined on 5/28/2014Divino's never disappoints! We recently had dinner for a girls night out celebrating 2 birthdays. We sat at the bar for an hour and enjoyed drinks there and then moved to our table for dinner. The food was fantastic! The pasta is always so fresh and tasty! All 6 of us enjoyed our meals - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/27/2014We eat gluten free! Also dairy free.... so you might ask what are we doing eating Italian. Well, Divino probably has the one of best gluten free penne pastas and best gluten free fettuccine we have ever had.... Their sauces are fresh and tasty. We had a group of six and everyone raved about their dinner. My spouse and I did not partake of the desserts, but our dining companions raved about them. Great peninsula spot... worth the drive.Special Features:
- Great food!ShaybabbyDined on 5/17/2014We've been only twice, but the food seems fresh and homemade! I love the tube pasta with the sausage and peas. It's light, creamy, and very tasty.Special Features:
- Great find!Foodieanne58Dined on 5/11/2014We had a lovely Mother's Day dinner. Everyone enjoyed their food choices.Special Features:
- The following 386 reviews are from the Divino reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/29/2014Foods are nice. I will definitely go back for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experiencemargoVIPDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Service was great, food was good, waiter and service staff were on top of everything. A very enjoyable evening. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Great DiningJanetDined on 4/23/2014We had a very nice dinner and the staff was very attentive. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peninsula GemDivinoDudeDined on 4/17/2014This place is amazing and the staff is Fantastic! Mario is such a great leader and amazing servers here too. Love going to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personality and looks lead the way.JBAustinVIPDined on 4/10/2014A really nice looking young lady was a great hostess. The special arugula and soft mozzarella was excellent The red fish had no flavor at all. The waiter was very efficient.
- Must Go for Italian Food LoverFoodiePalate9Dined on 4/4/2014I went here with my fiance for a low key date night and the food was delicious. The pasta (gnocchi & pappardelle) was SO fresh...practically melted in our mouths. We started the meal with a cesar salad and the dressing was divine....My fiance I and I have eaten many cesars in so many restaurants but this one does it right. The server was also Italian and was very nice overall. We finished the meal with an apple tart with ice cream that took about 10-15 min to come out but I think it's because the pastry dough was made fresh and they had to bake it. It was delicious though! Will definitely be coming here again and again for authentic Italian food.Special Features:
- Divino was DeliciousluvvansVIPDined on 3/20/2014Enjoyed cocktails & Veal Scalloppini & Breaded Pork entrees. Domingo, the waiter, was great & the Busboy was very attentive. This was our first time and we will be back (as Arnold says).Special Features:
- Great ambiance, disappointing mealJeanieDined on 3/19/2014Very quiet, relaxing place where it's possible to have a good talk with friends or family. Excellent, attentive service. Delicious warm bread. But my entree of capellini al vongole was disappointing. The pasta was perfect but the small clams, in shell, seemed almost raw and slimy. The shells were clearly opened, indicating the clams were done, but they didn't taste done. The head waiter was very kind, and they did not charge me for the entree, but it left me not wanting to return, since there are lots of other good Italian restaurants around.
- Food was scrumptious!ShaybabbyDined on 3/1/2014Had the arugula salad, which was fantastic! Had the tube pasta with sausage, it was so yummy! My husband had the veal, almost licked the plate! We are self-proclaimed foodies and can be quite picky, but this place was worth the trip and we will be back.Special Features:
- Very nice resturantwavdav1Dined on 2/28/2014It was a nice choice for a first date. The waiter was very good. He took care of us like I would expect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Hungry ItaliansMangiareDined on 2/25/2014This was my 3rd time dining here. As usual, the service, and food, were excellent. I am impressed that that they have a short menu. This leads me to believe that everything is cooked fresh on site, and not imported from COSTCO, ready to be re-heated! Their bread and dipping sauce is outstanding. Not your usual oil and vinegar. We asked for something that we had seen on their dinner menu. No problem, they prepared it for us at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real pleasant and unpretentiousVilledefranceDined on 2/20/2014A real pleasant and unpretentious gem serving wonderful delicious food.Special Features:
- Great Italian food close to homeAgent210Dined on 2/17/2014The food and service were outstanding. The only issue was the door to the ladies bathroom was broken so my date had to stand in front of the door which was annoying. IF that had not happened I would give them 5 stars. I do not think it is a place for families because the ambiance is quiet, more romantic. I did not see a kids menu on their menu selection They have a private room and I think it would be a nice place for a special dinner or relatively small gathering. If you like food made fresh every day and the worlds best Cesar salad, you cannot go wrong with Divino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is OKLeungVIPDined on 2/11/2014This restaurant is OK, but not excellent. Food is fine. The boss is nice.
- Fantastic Local Italian Restaurant!DJN718Dined on 2/1/2014Been meaning to try Divino for several months and finally made it. Food was outstanding, very authentic Italian. Great, diverse wine list. Excellent service. The homemade meatballs were like my Sicilian great-grandmother's, the Tortelloni were fantastic and the wild boar ragu (a special that night) was outstanding. Try the eggplant-based chocolate dessert tart. Fabulous place, very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian cuisineLiskaDined on 1/25/2014For authentic Italian cuisine prepared and served by Italians, it's the best food experience since you ate with your Italian grandmother at home.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere, serviceLJHADined on 1/21/2014I took a group of co-workers there for dinner the other night. It was the first time for most of us, and we had a great time. Nice little neighborhood gem. I've drive past it many times, but never tried it. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Would go againLivingInSinDined on 1/17/2014Had a nice quiet dinner with a special friend. Gnocchi and pork chops were delicious. Shared a wonderful bottle of Chianti and had a luscious cannoli for dessert. We had never been there before but would definitely consider going again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The food and service is always top notch. The chef is fabulous and accommodating for allergies. The waiters are attentive and knowledgeable. I always come away feeling special and like family. It is great for family, business or any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like returning to ItalyLiskaDined on 1/11/2014Authentic home made Italian classical dining. Attentive and friendly service. A beautiful way to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New YearLouBDined on 12/31/2013We had a delightful New Year's eve dinner. I missed the baccala appetizer that they sometimes offer but the rest of the meal was tasty, well prepared, and served.Special Features:
- DavinoPaulaDined on 12/31/2013Limited menu. My meal entrée was not as described in the menu (served with potatoes instead of gnocchi) Caesar salad unexceptional, Employees were pleasant and attentive. This was my first visit. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Good place to eat with an exceptiontheluckystarrDined on 12/30/2013We have been eating there a few times. The food and the service has been consistently good every time. The only complaint that I have is the portion size is a bit small. We went there with some friends and their comments are the same. Unless you order a 3 course meal, soup/salad, main course and dessert, we don't feel full when we leave the restaurant. We would like to go there more often if the restaurant increase the portion size of the meal.Special Features:
- The hostess was incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2013The hostess was incredibly rude. Did not greet us, just simply said we needed to wait a while as they were busy. We waited for 30 minutes to get seated even though we had reservations. Food was just okay. We were seated at a back table by an exit door where it was freezing cold. Even though we kept asking them to keep the door closed as people would go in and out, the staff were not on top of it. The owner was nice and tried to accommodate us at the end but our party of 8 did not enjoy their overall experience at this restaurant. They definitely need to replace their hostess with someone who has a warmer personality and shows interest in others.
- Terrific Belmont gem...cflynnlVIPDined on 12/13/2013Wonderful food, wonderful service, wonderful night! Definitely recommend and will definitely go back! Highly recommend both the Petrale and the Salumi appy. The pistou/pesto was a nectar that I attempted to purchase from them in bulk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wifes birthdayNickDined on 12/11/2013The service the food was excellent you have to try the canolis to die for, just loved everything they didSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in BelmontvitalmhVIPDined on 11/9/2013Terrific food and service at this small Belmont restaurant. Enough choice in each category. Vegetables were fresh and well prepared. Appreciated having a quinoa option to the pastas. Service is excellent. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/7/2013Divino is our favorite Italian restaurant. Great food and pastas --- especially sedanini and gnocchi. Grilled squid and stuffed chicken also excellent. Friendly wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience & Personal Touch GoneFrancescaDined on 10/26/2013The days are gone when Vincenzo's wife greets you. This warm greeting cannot be replaced by a pretty young girl. The waiters were hurried in their service it was hard to relax. There was a number of broken dishes that added to the noise and further compromised the beauty of what Divino used to have. Luckily my date enjoyed his corvino. I would not come back and pay the price for quality all diminished. I would go back to Vivace instead.
- Love itHappyDined on 9/27/2013Wonderful food. Incredibly delicious chef made cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.