Ditmas Kitchen and Cocktail
8731 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028Neighborhood:
KosherPrice: $31 to $50
Ditmas Kitchen and Cocktail
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ditmasla.com/
- Phone: 3102719300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm; Saturday: 10:00pm-12:00am; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Kosher, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Reznik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access
A word from Ditmas Kitchen and Cocktail
At Ditmas Kitchen and Cocktail we offer the best contemporary American style cuisine, fresh house made pastas, seasonal ingredients and thoughtful and friendly service. Enjoy our upscale dining and lounge environments, top level mixology and an extensive craft beer selection. We are proud to host your casual dining, small party or large scale events. Please contact us directly for any inquiries that you may have. We hope to see you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Ditmas Kitchen and Cocktail - Best Restaurants in Century City ›
Ditmas Kitchen and Cocktail reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (23)good for groups (22)special occasion (22)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (11)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- kosher meat...yesstylcouselVIPDined on 9/7/2014if you are into kosher meat and willing to pay the price this is the place for you. the cocktails are inventive. the apps are okay. the meat is very expensive. all is delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2014I needed a kosher restaurant at the last minute, and I checked out the reviews of several on Kosher L.A. This one stood out, and the pictures looked inviting. So, we decided to give it a try. The food was delicious! We all had different cuts of steak, and all were good. The French fries and the broccolini side dishes were excellent as well. This was a great choice, not only for a kosher steakhouse, but just as a great steakhouse! We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great overallLeGosseboDined on 8/31/2014Consistently good. Can't really complain about anything other than the desserts that I think could be upgraded. Other than that, great decor, good vibe, succulent food and very creative menu that changes often enough to feel like the chef is working his butt off. No bad surprises so far after numerous visits. Lamb sliders, hangar steak and fish dishes must be on your list when paying them a visit.Special Features:
- Dazzling DitmasShellyDined on 8/27/2014Ditmas is fabulous! The lamb sliders and steak were the best I have ever had. Service was impeccable. I plan to come again many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DitmasHungryHungryHippoDined on 8/26/2014Ditmas is the one of the few kosher restaurants that has really taken it up a notch in terms of ambiance. The restaurant feels new and up to date and has a youthful vibe to it. The service was excellent, our waiter was super attentive and he was good looking which was a nice plus. My steak was saltier than I anticipated and the fries were somewhat cold, but the food was still good. My friend got the chicken which was good, but nothing out of this world. Overall, it was a great experience and I would go back, probably just would not order the same thing.Special Features:
- Way Too Loud!saturnDined on 8/20/2014This place was way too loud! My friends and I were screaming over the table at each other and still couldn't hear what the other was saying. The service was inconsistent and to top it all off, two of us had a hair in our cocktails. So gross!
- WonderfulLADiningDined on 8/6/2014The hostess was great, the owner/chef was great - he really makes sure all are taken care of and happy, and the waiter was a bundle of joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night OutFoodloverVIPDined on 8/6/2014Kosher restaurant that does not "feel" like a typical kosher restaurant. Good vibe and great food. Steaks were great and so was the tuna poke. Bread and dip was unique and yummy. Service was off that night, but waiter did his best. Broccolini is amazing! We already booked to return to venue. Everyone (kosher and not kosher) enjoyed.Special Features:
- The new hot la kosher spotAaseegs123Dined on 8/6/2014Food was delicious - short rib flat bread, dirty Russian potato, onion rings and lamb sliders. All great. Drinks were good all around. Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, Everytime!itsmegooseDined on 7/22/2014I've been coming here since they've opened. I love the food, presentation, and the chef! He actually comes over multiple times to see how everything is. He's always tweaking the menu and adding delicious things. Kosher food is no longer bland and boring. I am a regular and will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy kosherShariDined on 7/14/2014The best review I heard of this place is that you don't realize it's a kosher place. Nice atmosphere, though a bit loud. Food is very good. I had the peach salad, which was very tasty. The tomato soup was ok, too thin imho, but tasty. Broccolini was amazing. I'm a vegetarian so it's hard to review too much of this meat place. I heard the steak was good. Bring lots of money because this place will cost you a few bucks. Oh yeah, the blue boy cocktail was very yummy. Went with a big group. Very loud and couldn't really talk to half the table, but a very festive atmosphere.Special Features:
- can't get enough!itsmegooseDined on 7/2/2014I've been going here since it opened. I've left satisfied and amazed each time. Bravo to the chef, Alex Resnik. I am proud to be a regular customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DinnerEricasEatsDined on 6/25/2014We went for a special birthday dinner. It was our first time here. The service was great with very attentive waiters and staff. The food menu wasn't that extensive, but the choices were good. The prices are high end, but not crazy. My husband's steak was melt in your mouth delicious, mine was good, but not amazing. I really liked that they honored my requests that I submitted during the electronic reservation.Special Features:
- Amazing and unique food!ellaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Ditmas is by far one of my favorite restaurants in LA. For Kosher food, Chef Alex really made some unique and tasty dishes! He is so friendly and welcoming and the staff is great. The Broccolini is one of my faves, as well as all the sushi they just started doing, the fries, chicken tenders, steaks, pasta, everything! I cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Great food!Food4thoughtDined on 6/1/2014Excitingly new bar menu, delicious steaks, and fun cocktails! Our group ordered many dishes off the menu and Highly recommend the lamb sliders, chicken and risotto entry and flank steak!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST!VicMDined on 5/11/2014Ditmas is our top choice and our high expectations for food/cocktails/service are consistently exceeded. Another great night. Food came so quickly that we didn't even have time to greet all the friends we saw at other tables. (Thank G-d it did because I would have never stopped eating the unbelievably delicious bread.)Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the Ditmas Kitchen and Cocktail reviews archive.
- DISAPPOINTEDDoctuhdonDined on 5/11/2014my wife and I went to Ditmas for Mother's Day dinner. the place was very busy, with many families and noisy children. Service was poor; the staff seemed overwhelmed and dispirited. We waited an exceedingly long time for entrees. My wife explicitly asked for a medium-rare rib eye steak, but received an overcooked and dry steak. The owner visited our table, and when informed of our disappointing experience, he deleted the steak from the bill. That was a nice gesture, and we appreciated his consideration. We will chalk up this bad experience to the Mother's Day phenomenon, and we certainly intend to return and give Ditmas another chance. Our first experience there one month previously was outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014We truly enjoyed our night out with friends everything we had was excellent thank you.Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic atmosphereGuzeppeVIPDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed our meal at Ditmas Kitchen. Chef Alex Reznik stopped by our table, took his time with us, adjusted couple of dishes to our specific requests and we had an amazing evening. Ask for bar menu for appetizers. We had flat iron steak which was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014A great ambient, excellent meals, cater to your taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ditmas is magicalDoctuhdonDined on 4/9/2014our experience at Ditmas was magical: beautiful décor, outstanding appetizers and entrees with dazzling presentation, and superior service delivered with warmth, attentiveness and professionalism. We shall return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go if you're hungry.Momof4Dined on 4/6/2014Portions are on the smaller side and very expensive. The cocktails were mediocre while trying to be "cool". Perhaps if they spent more time worrying on flavor as opposed to degree of "hipness" it would be better. Food was mediocre. There was substantial inconsistency amongst the many dishes we ordered. Whomever is the pastry chef should be fired. Those desserts were embarrassing. The lemon curd tartlet was grainy and the flavor was flat. The only saving grace was the onion rings. All in all- wish I chose somewhere else to celebrate my birthday.
- Didn't live up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/6/2014I was very excited to try Ditmas, after reading reviews and perusing the impressive-looking menu. After taking my parents, in town the for the weekend, on our night out, I am disappointed. The menu is ambitious and fairly robust; however, almost everything we tasted was under-seasoned. The two exceptions were the steak tartare (well balanced - loved the mustard) and the spaghetti pomodora (plainest item on the menu, but really delicious). The desserts were almost laughable - stale cookies and a butterscotch-caramel pudding that was watery to the point of making it inedible. Luckily, my 5 year old figured out that stale cookies in watery pudding was actually pretty good . . . Has promised but they need to step it up a bit.
- A great dinnermiriamDined on 3/30/2014We went to Ditmas because, I'll admit it, I wanted to try the food of a former Top Chef contestant. The decor and ambiance were great--we were greeted as soon as we entered and the room had a warm and inviting feel. The menu was fun and inventive--it was so hard to choose what we wanted. While we were happy overall with our meal, the steak needed (in my opinion) a bit more salt and the butternut squash polenta was lacking squash flavor (it was pretty bland). The chocolate souffle was ok, but I've had better. Ask for the bar menu and make sure to get some appetizers from it--that's where the really tasty stuff is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerleibhoffDined on 3/30/2014Music was too loud Then, when the place became more crowded the noise the level was looud
- #1 Kosher Fine DiningloversonDined on 3/27/2014Wow! Totally blew me away, fantastic food, best cocktails ever, order the F Train, you'll feel like your taking a trip. Excellent service, this place is a winner. No other restaurant on Pico Blvd., can come near the Ditmas dining experience. I appreciate the Chef/owner speaking with us. We will definitely keep coming back. Made my birthday so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeVicMDined on 3/25/2014There are more choices now for good, classy Kosher food but Ditmas tops them all. Excellent everything, and at reasonable prices. It's now our top choice.Special Features:
- AnniversaryLADiningDined on 3/23/2014That's what we went there for. We do not commonly eat out. We are a young and growing family so a restaurant of this caliber is a treat. The food was great. The service was very nice. It's not cheap (but which quality steak house is). The cost efficient valet parking was a nice "glamorous" touch. We started with cocktails. They were both great. We had steak (normally serviced with fries, but they kindly changed to onions rings - per our request). We also had some nice red wine - our waiter knew his wines. We didn't do dessert - nothing seemed appealing. So for two cocktails, two steaks, a salad (delicious kale Caesar salad) and two classes of wine - before tip (and parking) was $150.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty by very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/5/2014I don't normally care about a place being loud except when I literally am yelling and leaning waaaay in to be able to hear who I'm with. It's not a clubby type place. It's a kosher steak restaurant...so..can something please be done about the noise level? Other than that, I thought the steak was excellent. It's certainly a meat focused menu so probably not the best spot for a veggie.Special Features:
- almost perfect dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014Almost all the food was really good, however my husband had ordered a boneless rib steak medium well and when it was served it was actually cold and was closer to medium rare. I would have sent it back, but my husband chose not too. We were there with a party of 5. The other 4 dinners were very good. I shared the stead for two with my son and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDEEJDined on 3/2/2014Lovely bar and friendly bartender but cocktail was less than the sum of it's parts. Wonderful waitstaff but food was quite underwhelming - nothing was bad, just not up to par with comparable restaurants.
- The best kosher dining...cool vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2014Dined here recently. You must book as it gets busy. Very nice vibe ...candle lit and nice trendy decor.this is mainly a steak restaurant but it does have options for vegetarians etc. we ordered chicken meatballs off the bar menu as a starter as well as a kale Caesar salad and a beet root salad. All 3 were fresh and delicious. For main the sirloin steak was excellent The spinach was yum and the lamb burger was Devine. Complimentary bread delicious. Cocktails were fancy. All in all highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We were a party of 6 and we all had a wonderful time with good food and and great service We will for sure return againSpecial Features:
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Much too noisy to have a decent conversation. Food was ok but the noise level made the experience unpleasant.
- Finally!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Great food. Great service. Personal, warm touch from Alex. The fact that's it's kosher is beside the point, which is as it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place needs better servicemoshDined on 2/18/2014Great place to eat really cool ambiance! Food was very good... Service needs help!I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014It was our first time at Ditmas, and we really liked the food, especially the soup! We, however, could hardly hear ourselves think because of the noise. Dinnertime conversation was out of the question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIFFERENT AND EXCELLENT!!GOURMETLOVERSDined on 2/16/2014FOOD -- AMBIENCE -- SERVICE -- WAS A COMPLETE WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE !! WE'LL BE BACK SOON!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMbearDined on 2/10/2014New kosher restaurant in the Pico -Robertson neighborhood with excellent food and wonderful service. Got the steak special and it was delicious. Make sure to try the pretzel appetizer.Special Features:
- Hip Kosher for a ChangecookingmdmomDined on 2/9/2014Excited to find a kosher place with a trendy menu and no sushi ! The menu is ambitious! We waited 30 minutes past our reservation time with no apology. The kale salad and the shortribs were excellent. The pasta however, was bland, and my sister with a nut allergy start to feel tightening in her throat only to find out that there was a "dusting" of cashew powder on the pasta ! The truffle fries were dry, not worth the calories, couldn't taste the lardons in the sauteed mushrooms. A beer ordered when we sat down took so long to come that we cancelled it; but is came anyway about ten minutes later. All in all, this place is a great addition to the LA kosher scene but it needs tweaking with the food and the erratic service.Special Features: