15091 S. Komatke Lane
Laveen, AZ 85339Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wingilariver.com/index.php/vq-vee-quiva-hotel-casino/dining/ditkas
- Phone: 520-550-1943x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Monday and Tuesday: Closed
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Slom
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Tackle your hunger for savory steak and seafood at the Valley's first Ditka's. The restaurant founded by legendary Chicago Bears head coach, Mike Ditka, features a bar and private Molteni room.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 8775339096
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available in through out the Casino areas.
A word from Ditka's
Mike Ditka’s Restaurant, located in Southwest Phoenix just short drive from anywhere in the valley. Ditka's has a beautiful motif, white linen table clothes, leather booths & elegant wood accented ceiling, intimate but, vibrate atmosphere Chef Andy Moy presides over the menu with passion & expertise. At Ditka’s we are known to take a page from Da Coach’s playbook and rush into Ditka’s. It’s the everyday place where you can unwind with your friends and dig into signature dishes like “Da Pork Chop,” the “Fridge” Burger, steaks, and so much more. So whether you’re looking to treat a special someone, meet colleagues or just wanting to kick back and relax, Da Coach will always show you a great time. Ditka’s provide Superior service, approachable & friendly, and professional staff in a comfortable exquisite atmosphere. Don't be surprised to catch sight of Da Coach greeting you himself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ditka's reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (38)notable wine list (22)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great and knowledgeable server, made excellent recommendations for wine and beer. The burgers we had were very greasy. The buns were soaked in grease as were the fry's. Won't do it again. Our guests were happier than us with there meals. They had steak and veggie sides with a huge twice baked potato. We thought the meals were over priced and do not plan a return visit. We will eat elsewhere and then attend the show.Special Features:
- Great except for the fries....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Prime rib outstanding, dessert was tremendous. Prices actually reasonable. I didn't quite get why the French fries were as if they'd been under an infrared warming light at the local Jack-in-the-Box. Really? How hard is it to make outstanding French fries? As you can tell it was bit disappointing. Please watch any episode on the Food Network in which fries are made to learn how to do them right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time/will try againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Overall experience was outstanding. Getting to meet Mike Ditka was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014food was great and so was the service.the only thing I did not like was being seated in the bar area.To many people hanging around near our table,very hard to have a conversation and enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DedeDined on 8/22/2014I prefer the cozier Chicago location, but was excited to find Ditka's near Phoenix, even if it was in a casino. The food is just excellent in both locations. Wether you want a great burger or special occasion dinner, Ditka's is the place to go. You've GOTTA try the lobster mac & cheese! Also recommend Mike's salad, the filet steak, and peanut butter pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DavidDined on 8/22/2014To make it short and sweet, the food is phenomenal and the service is world class. Joseph is the best server we have had at any restaurant we've ever been to.Special Features:
- Different than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We were expecting more of a traditional steakhouse menu. Also, by having to walk through the casino to get to the restaurant, I had to breathe in cigarette smoke the whole way and then I could smell in on me during dinner which made it hard to enjoy my meal. I had the French onion soup and prime rib, both which were pretty good. My husband's filet was over cooked but they happily took it back and made him a new one. It was tender but seemed masked by a lot of seasoning which he didn't enjoy that much.Special Features:
- Loved the whole experience!DebngregVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter was wonderful, attentive without hovering. He had great information that he shared with us about the restaurant, the menu and the wine list. Since it was our first time at Ditkas, we enjoyed his input. And, whatever you do, make sure you order the creamed corn with your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the burgers are huge!that1gurltDined on 8/9/2014Being that the restaurant is hosted by Mike Ditka, this is not some sports bar. Don't expect some fancy French cuisine, but I would definitely come back. Comfort food with a beautiful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!rockstarDined on 8/9/2014Being it had the Ditka name helped make the decision to try it. It was our first time at the restaurant and we loved it! We ordered the meatloaf, hamburger and chicken salad. Our first glance was "WOW"! Can we finish this! We devoured it! We are not gamblers, but we know great food and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bodacious Ribeye special....diningfavDined on 8/9/2014Our host recommended the special of the evening...30 oz Ribeye on the bone with a lobster tail...shared with my beautiful wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!dinneroutDined on 8/2/2014We stayed at the Vee Quiva hotel for our anniversary weekend and had dinner at Ditka's on Saturday night. The service was excellent. The staff was great. They gave us the most fabulous crab bisque and chocolate cake for out anniversary. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DitkaGr8t2GoDined on 8/2/2014Being our first time at this restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised at the outstanding food, the A+ service and the ambience that made our special occasion one to remember. We had visited Ditka's in Chicago many years ago and we are happy that we have a Ditka's close to home. We will try the lunch menu very soon. We will be back on 8/23rd to hopefully meet and get Coach Ditka's autograph as my husband and son are die hard Bear fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallLindblom1953Dined on 8/2/2014At the bar, waiting for the rest of our party, I order a Brandy Alexander which they could not serve to me because they did not have the crème de cocoa. I was disappointed I had planned on having this drink all week. The service was excellent, many helping with our table. Our orders were brought in a timely manner and the main course was served to all five at the same time. Charles was very attentive to our needs. We were expecting more DA BEARS memorable items. I am from Chicago, South Side, back of the yards, and entire family true to the Bears. We were not rushed and had a enjoyable evening together with family.Special Features:
- DisappointingbeardinerDined on 8/1/2014Anniversary dinner with friends at a special new restaurant was the plans for the evening. Traffic cause us to delay our reservation but Ditka's was very accommodating with the change. Beautiful space, very friendly staff and nice smoke free environment. We ordered 2 of the signature items, fish tacos and a burger. Fish tacos were over seasoned to the point you could not taste the fish. Burger was served with cold fries. Shareable side of creamed corn was the best thing we had. Wish that the food was as good as the service.
- EnjoyableFood1Dined on 8/1/2014We were warmly greeted as the door was opened for us. We were seated promptly to a table that gave us view of the action in the casino. Our waitress Sayre was friendly, courteous & helpful with suggestions. The Hamburgers were huge & delicious. They were cooked the way we requested. The raspberry cheesecake was delicious. The presentation of this on the plate was really eye catching. The restaurant manager was gracious and friendly. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The place was great. We really enjoyed our experience. The food, the atmosphere, and the wait staff was top notched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014I booked a reservation for Ditka's through Open Table. This process was very quick and easy which is great for me because time is precious! In my reservation I noted that we would be celebrating a birthday. I did not know whether or not the restaurant would do anything with this information. I was pleasantly surprised when the host and hostess checked us in and noted the birthday celebration, followed by our server and the front house manager. I really appreciated the acknowledgement to make my moms special day even that more special. The food was excellent as usual the service was more than exceptional. They even presented my mother with a complimentary slice of chocolate cake for her birthday. Excellent experience all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inside a CasinoPickyTravelerVIPDined on 7/30/2014I am still looking for the best steak place in Phoenix for entertaining high end customers. Ditka's is good, but located inside a smoky casino on the reservation. Not the fanciest facility in the area. The service was excellent and the food was good. My filet was overcooked and the waiter and the manager both wanted to replace it but I did not let them and enjoyed it anyway. Everyone had a nice time and the younger folks went to the tables after dinner.Special Features:
- Great first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Yep, it was our first time here...always have seen the ads at Cardinals stadium, but never had a chance to try it. My wife had the halibut which was fantastic, and I went with the pork chop just for variety. The pork chop was surprisingly good, finished with a cherry au jus that was really unique. And the southwestern flair with the halibut was very Arizona, and really brought out the flavor. When our meal arrived, we were asked, no less than three times if everything was to our liking...once by the server, once by a busser, and once by the manager. Great service on a busy Saturday night for sure. A bit of a drive, but you've got the casino for a little fun after the meal. We even won our meal money back at the slots!!Special Features:
- billtDined on 7/18/2014the service and vibe was excellent. the food was really good and our server took her time and did an excellent job pampering us. The wine list was really nice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for good food and a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great ServiceWhiteshoesReviewsDined on 7/12/2014Joseph was an outstanding server. Very attentive. Food was good but somewhat slow to reach us.Special Features:
- Worth a visit!Uncle50Dined on 7/10/2014It's a beautiful restaurant, very comfortable with a great ambience and the service is excellent. I understand the menu was recently expanded but I find there's not enough choice. The food is very good but when ordering most entrees one must consider that there is no vegetable, salad, or potato/rice accompaniment. There is an additional charge for a side dish which is far too expensive when one considers that the fillet and scampi alone is $36.99 and an add on - such as a baked potato or a vegetable dish - is and additional $5.99 to $7.99.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as ChicagoMartaDined on 7/4/2014While the ambience may not be the same as Ditkas in Chicago, the food was definitely as great! The service was absolutely wonderful, there was always someone coming by to check on us. I had the meatloaf and it was unbelievable and the presentation was spectacular as well. I also had a dinner salad with pecans, goat cheese, and cranberries and it was just perfect. I was only disappointed with the wine list but had one of their specialty cocktails and it was just delicious! We Will come back again! Some folks have said unfavorable things about being to close to the casino noise but I thought the glass walls blocked the noise and it was neat to watch the folks working hard on the machines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining ExperienceOneHappySonDined on 6/26/2014We celebrated my Mother's 74 th Birthday. I had notified the manager ahead of time to make this as special as possible, as Mom has Terminal Cancer and this would probably be her last. The staff and management team went out of there way to make this happen. The manager gave here a rose and she was also presented with a yummy chocolate cake with candles and all the trimmings!! Wish I could attach the wonderful photo's!Special Features:
- No Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We went there thinking we were going to a steakhouse. We ordered three prime rib steaks, waiter came out and said they ran out of prime rib at 6 and it wasn't busy! Waiter asked if they could Substitute with a filet steak to our surprise it was a 20.00 difference for each steak! Not happy!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014This was our first visit for dining at Ditka's. It was enjoyable and the prices were very reasonable. We have dined at other places such as Flemings, Outback, Ruth's Chris and would plan on returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected betterfriendoffoodDined on 6/20/2014Our waiter was pleasant and friendly. He recommended a drink for me that was delicious. However, my date ordered a beer and the waiter poured it out horribly. Our steaks were cooked to order but the smashed red potatoes had no real flavor besides being smashed up potatoes. When it was time to leave we noticed that the door was not opened for us as it had been for several other people entering the restaurant throughout the evening. I read reviews on this place before deciding to go and I did see poor service as a main concern but I thought maybe it was just a bad night for a few. I regret not listening to other reviewers. Luckily the restaurant is located inside a casino where we won our $100+ dollars back that we spent on dinner.
- Tasty TomahawksBestbuffetDined on 6/16/2014honestly, not as impressive as don shula or ruth chris. we appreciated the less expensive items, and the happy hour. the service was excellent. we ordered two tomahawks and two rib dinners. i would've like the rib dinners to be hotter when they arrived at the table. the french fries were bearable. the tomahawks, while delicious, would've been more appetizing if they were served on a sizzling platter. the creamed spinach was very good. overall, we enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:
- Very good.TC57Dined on 6/15/2014It was our first trip to Ditkas at Vee Quiva on Fathers Day. Service was great and it wasn't very busy at 5pm but started to fill in around 6PM. Nice atmosphere, not too dark or too light. The football theme isn't overdone in the dining room, a little more in the bar area. Nice selection of items to fit all tastes, ribs, burgers, steaks and chicken, to pastas ,salads, etc for lighter fare. (meatloaf was plentiful and moist, perfect for me) We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent!SnertDined on 6/15/2014The food was great. The atmosphere was great. The service was great! This father's day meal was one to remember from the tasty Lobster Bisque to the excellent steak to the creamy/crunchy Creme Brulle. We even got a tour of the private party room and saw some great pictures of Da Coach and his friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningwineanddineDined on 6/14/2014Made reservations for 8:30PM and we arrived about 15 minutes early. No problem, we were seated immediately. Service was great, food was excellent and good red wine. The filets were done to perfection, and our wine was Ditka's own brand, excellent. Restaurant is a little pricey, but for special occasion, or just for good food and fine dining, we definitely would recommend Ditka's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exudes excellence.pigmeisterDined on 6/12/2014Ditkas is just absolutely fantastic. The food, service, ambience is wonderful. I'm a true foodie and I now officially rank Ditka's Steakhouse in my top five worldwide on restaurants I've eaten at. That's saying a lot...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2014Lived up to it's reputation as being a very good steak, chops & seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and ServiceBrooklynDined on 6/7/2014I had the coaches meatloaf and the wife had medallion steaks with crab cakes. The food was awesome but our waiter made the night special. His hospitality was impeccable. I believe the waiters name was Joe. If you are lucky enough to get him as your waiter, ask him about his dog Jack.Special Features:
- Ditka's Anniversary DinnerLunch09212013VIPDined on 6/4/2014We were greeted right away and seated promptly. Our Waiter was great. He chatted with us and made us feel very comfortable. The barbecued ribs are the best in the Valley, and the price is great. Their steak and lobster was also delicious, along with the baked potato. We each had a margarita, and it was very good. Would recommend Ditka's for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceanniversarydinerDined on 5/30/2014Service was outstanding. One meal was amazing while one didn't have any taste & was under cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceasilcutie1982Dined on 5/24/2014We went to ditkas for the first time two weeks ago to celebrate my mother's birthday and two weeks later we went back to celebrate my father in law birthday and our waiter never came back and refilled our drinks and rarely checked on us just horrible the first time we went to ditkas the service was excellent and made us want to go back but this time our waiter liked talking to staff and always in the back and it wasn't very busy at all for a Saturday very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!ckluckydogDined on 5/23/2014We were in Phoenix for a conference and decided to dine at Ditka's as we've been to his restaurant in Chicago and always have enjoyed the food. I would say the food was good, but not as good as the Chicago location. Perhaps it was the ambiance, or the fact that it was in the casino, but none the less it was still delicious. The filet was cooked as order, medium rare and my husband ordered the prime rib, which was also cooked to his liking. The waitress was very friendly and made sure we were comfortable and satisfied during all of our courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bustamoveDined on 5/23/2014The food was exceptional. The service that we received from our hostess was great; however the length of time it took to receive our food after placing our order was lengthy compared to the number of customers that were in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.