Ditka's - Chicago
100 E. Chestnut Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ditka's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ditkasrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3125878989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tom Kenny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: John Vincent sings the songs of Frank Sinatra Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday nights: 8:30pm - 11:30pm & Friday & Saturday nights: 9:00pm - 12:00am
A word from Ditka's - Chicago
Ditka's Restaurant, located in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast between Rush & Michigan, is a Chicago Landmark. Ditka's has a decidedly understated sports motif, white linen table clothes, hardwood floors, intimate leather booths & rich mahogany wood accents. Chef Tom Kenny presides over the menu with passion & expertise. Known for Chops & Steaks including the signature dish "Da Pork Chop" along with a wide variety of fresh, sustainable seafood and contemporary American classics. The lunch menu is full of wonderful fresh salads & sandwiches including the "Best Burger in Chicago", the Fridge Burger. Service is approachable & friendly in a comfortable atmosphere. Don't be surprised to catch sight of Da Coach himself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ditka's - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Ditka's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
457 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (210)good for groups (202)neighborhood gem (158)hot spot (117)fit for foodies (116)notable wine list (102)vibrant bar scene (101)great for lunch (98)romantic (64)late-night find (62)kid-friendly (51)great for brunch (51)great for outdoor dining (49)scenic view (22)Show More
- Memorable eveningnancyDined on 8/31/2014Dining at Ditka's was a memorable experience for my family and me. Food was delicious. Service was outstanding. Able to have a lovely visit with family while dining on some of the best food I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- GreatGrineyDined on 8/31/2014I had a great salmon dish prepared and presented just like I expected from Ditka's. My wife had a prime rib that she said was among the best she'd ever had.Special Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014We had a special birthday dinner for our twin daughters' 22nd birthday. The service and food were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Tomahawk SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a fantastic time at the restaurant, we missed Mike Ditka by 15 minutes, shoot!!! The service was incredible both at the bar and also in the dining room. We had 3 tomahawk steaks and they were absolutely incredible. The Crab Bisque was the best I have ever eaten, mmm, mmm. the one thing that was missing was that it was my Birthday and when I made the reservation, I requested a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday-this never was translated to the wait staff-so no song : ( I was traveling with 2 guys that would never think to say something, that is why I did it on the internet. But besides that it was the best steak I have eaten-and trust me I have eaten a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Order the rib eye. Mine was excellent. Perfect seasoning and cooked perfect .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, great menu selection. All the staff was helpful and accommodating. Waiter was superb and funny. We really enjoyed this place, and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorWindyCityDontMissDined on 8/28/2014Great place with something for everyone. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing nightJennDined on 8/25/2014Great food, excellent service! Waiter was great and the steak was perfectly done. The banana cream pie was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner. Would return.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Husband and son both steak lovers, me not so much. With that said, we all enjoyed our dinner at Ditka's. The consensus was the filet was better than the strip, but no complaints on either. I had the Chicken Milanese which was very good. Nice restaurant, good service.Special Features:
- Ditka'saom2VIPDined on 8/24/2014Great food, great service, right in the heart of the Gold Coast and across from Water Tower. Best food for the money!Special Features:
- Great breakfast!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014Ditka's just recently started doing weekend brunch and we visited Sunday. It was very nice and we sat outside. I had a flatbread scrambled egg wrap with hash browns and was very pleased. Pricing was great and service was excellent. Good coffee to boot. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodcwccDined on 8/23/2014we had the meat loaf that was delicious. had been there 25 years ago and remembered it being very expensive with football player portions. Now expanded menu. Was not disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 4ChocolateDined on 8/23/2014First time dining here and I look forward to returning. David our server made the meal memorable. He knew the menu inside out with great recommendations. I would highly recommend their "DA Pork Chop". Beautiful presentation and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canucksDined on 8/23/2014We've been to the restaurant twice before and enjoyed ourselves. This time the hostess took us upstairs, which in my opinion is not nearly as nice as the first floor. I asked her if it would be possible to get a table downstairs, she replied that she didn't know but would check. She never got back to me on this, I would have appreciated a reply either way. The washrooms seriously need some updating and renovations, with the amount of money pouring into that place, I would think this should be possible. They are shabby and rundown, and should be improved. The food is always good, my husband likes going there so I'm sure we'll be back next time. Don't make the mistake of taking guests for granted, ever, we are the reason for your existence.Special Features:
- Great FoodrunutsDined on 8/22/2014Great food and dining experiance. Great Customer serviceSpecial Features:
- Great food/serviceWolverineDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner here to celebrate my birthday coming in from Michigan. We had visited the other Chicago location and hoped the food was as good. IT WAS. Super service and great ambiance. Plus, brought home a cigar for my buddy to make his day. wonderful location to eat at and have a super time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousomgitsoliviaaaDined on 8/21/2014Ditka's restaurant was fabulous! We were visiting from Baltimore for the Orioles vs Chicago series and decided to treat ourselves to a nice fancy meal. We ordered the crabcake and filet, which was outstanding! We also had someone order the Porkchop, which is what they are known for, turned out to be the best porkchop he ever had! The place was huge and inviting. Our waiter was phenomenal. Everything about the experience was spectacular! I definitely suggest this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but Hard on the WaletmojobeeDined on 8/20/2014The ambiance and service was outstanding. We showed up a little early for our reservation and were seated immediately. I also have to say that the food was excellent. But, the prices were really hefty. Maybe not being from Chicago skewered my expectations but I was in sticker shock! The steaks were very high and completely ala carte. No sides for a $40+ steak. That is a little hard to believe. Had fun and a delicious meal, just do not think we would do it again.Special Features:
- Perfect lunch spothardtopleaseVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great lunch menu made it difficult to decide what to order. Decided on half order of pulled beef nachos and half order of kale salad. Both were delicious and generous servings. Perfect setting for lunch discussion--not noisy like so many busy lunch spots. Attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- The Steaks were AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2014The service was good and the steaks were excellent - - we will go again the next time we are in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- cal1sttimechicagoDined on 8/17/2014The very best dining experience we have had in a long time, I would suggest this restaurant for any .occasion food was 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT for DINNER !!RuthannDined on 8/17/2014As tourists to Chicago - we followed a recommendation - and were VERY happy we did !!!! Chilean Sea Bass was superb !!! As was the rib steak ( my husband loved it ) BEST ever banana cream pie ! We LOVED the atmosphere - our waiter was amazing and the service was excellent !! FOOD was delicious !!!! A MUST go place in Chicago .... HIGHLY recommend !!!!Special Features:
- Locals downstairs onlyMichaelVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love this place but the upstairs is for tourists, ball caps and loud kids.Special Features:
- Good to greatzippyVIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm here 5 or 6 times per year. For some reason, the food is always better in the evening. I'm stuck on the ribs. They are good for lunch and late lunch, but at dinner it seems like its quality goes up. Everyone I'm with likes their steak and seafood selections --and the drinks. The last time we went there was a singer doing Frank Sinatra impressions in the upstairs bar. Very good and very entertaining. Ditka's is a fine place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I have been here several times and have never been dissapointed. The waiter was attentive and friendly. The food was excellent and good portions. The value of the food was also very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceshaunguitarguyDined on 8/16/2014Service: We had a large party (9 dudes for a bachelor party) and our waiter, Kyle, was prepared greet us with a warm sense of humor. He and all of the other staff were friendly and attentive so I was most definitely impressed by the service. Ambience - Perfect for a Saturday night bachelor party - high energy, great (and surprisingly moderately priced for Chicago) bar, surrounded by Ditka sports memorabilia. Food: Delicious appetizers, Pot Roast Nachos, was devoured rapidly. There was not a single complaint anywhere about the main course selections. All steaks were cooked to perfection. I had the New York Strip and it was juicy and well seasoned - not the best steak I've ever had but definitely scrumptious. I know I'll be back!Special Features:
- My dinner reservationnyfoodietntDined on 8/15/2014I made my dinner reservation for 7 people for 8:30pm on 8/15/14 through open table and received confirmation. We arrived promptly at 8:30pm and were quickly guided to seating on a table right next to the bar with high bar style chairs. 3 of the 7 diners were girls between 4 and 9 years old. We were seated within 10-15 minutes after expressing our thoughts about the seating. This is the reason for 3 instead of 5 starts for service, our server was excellent. We were all happy with our food. 5 stars for the pot roast nachos... Not 5 stars because of steak temps, got med well when asked for med rare. Still loved the place and will return when in town again. Good menu choices for kids.Special Features:
- great diningbusinesstripDined on 8/15/2014We stumbled across this restaurant online while we was in Chicago on business. The food is fabulous the wait staff was very friendly and loved talking about Mike Ditka. We will definitely go back when in Chicago..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor menunosportsbarDined on 8/14/2014Very little to choose from the menu. Steak was nothing special when considering the price. My advice is to stay within your profession.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My family had a great meal as it was my kids first time at the restaurant. I've been there five or six times now and have enjoyed it every time. Great service, friendly staff and cool decor. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DuaneskiDined on 8/13/2014A near perfect dining experience. The food and drinks were delicious and the staff was attentive, professional and friendly. One meal at our table of eight was three or four minutes late coming out ( the only misstep of the night ) but without any comment from our table a manager came over, apologized and comped the meal! Coach Ditka was dining upstairs and had autographed a picture for a young boy seated at a table next to ours. The boy was all smiles! Overall, a great experience and we will return the next time we visit Chicago.Special Features:
- Big fanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Loved this Chicago dining experience. Toured the other dining areas great place for all types - groups, private events or just family dining.Special Features:
- great food and amazing wine pricesBurnmanDined on 8/12/2014We loved the ambience, the excellent service and the great food. But when we saw the wine prices, for some very nice choices, we were shocked at how low they were. I asked the waiter what the reason was and he indicated that the owner wanted people to enjoy their choices at reasonable prices. We didn't hesitate to enjoy a nice Ferrari-Carrano merlot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little TiredLizBChicagoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was good; burger was excellent. Wine service was ridiculous (she insisted on emptying an entire bottle in our four glasses - WRONG).Special Features:
- Not Good....notimpressedDined on 8/10/2014The pork chops were so dry it was awful. Although we refused to have them bring us another, the manager insisted that our server replace it. Which was great. However, I think if the manager was that concerned that our dinner wasn't going so well that he would've personally come over to our table. Good customer service is so hard to find. They did not bring my side of Lobster Mac n Cheese till I was half way through my dinner. I'm not impressed at all......
- Good food, loud restaurantginnigurlVIPDined on 8/9/2014After a day at the ballgame, I was hoping for a nice dinner with my family. Food was good, but it was extremely noisy. We asked to be moved from our first table due to a large group of men who were very drunk and loud. The table next to us told us to ask to be moved because of the noise level. The next room was no better. If you want to label this restaurant as a "mens club", that's fine, but it's definitely not a place to unwind with a nice bottle of wine and have good conversation. I won't go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014In Chicago for daughter's 21st birthday. Everything about Ditka's was top notch from the time we walked in the door until we left. I had noted on my reservation request on OpenTable that we were coming for this special occation and inquiring about birthday desserts; a simply delicious chocolate delite with a candle appeared just on time following our meal! I didn't have to "sneak away" from the table to request it. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We both had the "quarterback breakfast." Portion size was wonderful. Eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns, all delicious. A place that doesn't overcook the bacon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant, atmosphere, food and staff was stellar. Will go back next time we visit !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outbearsfanDined on 8/8/2014The food was AMAZING! The lobster mac n cheese was really good, the pot roast nachos fabulous, and we ordered a steak and pork chop and shared both were amazing. I rated the noise level high but we were in the bar so we could watch the game. Was loud but not annoying. The booths were up a little and it felt like you had a little privacy even though loud. The server asked if we were there to watch the game and we were so he didn't try to rush us. I definitely have plans to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.