Ditka's - Chicago
100 E. Chestnut Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ditka's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ditkasrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3125878989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tom Kenny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: John Vincent sings the songs of Frank Sinatra Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday nights: 8:30pm - 11:30pm & Friday & Saturday nights: 9:00pm - 12:00am
A word from Ditka's - Chicago
Ditka's Restaurant, located in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast between Rush & Michigan, is a Chicago Landmark. Ditka's has a decidedly understated sports motif, white linen table clothes, hardwood floors, intimate leather booths & rich mahogany wood accents. Chef Tom Kenny presides over the menu with passion & expertise. Known for Chops & Steaks including the signature dish "Da Pork Chop" along with a wide variety of fresh, sustainable seafood and contemporary American classics. The lunch menu is full of wonderful fresh salads & sandwiches including the "Best Burger in Chicago", the Fridge Burger. Service is approachable & friendly in a comfortable atmosphere. Don't be surprised to catch sight of Da Coach himself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ditka's - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Ditka's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
440 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (216)good for groups (210)neighborhood gem (154)fit for foodies (140)hot spot (135)vibrant bar scene (107)notable wine list (100)great for lunch (97)late-night find (60)romantic (56)kid-friendly (47)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (33)scenic view (13)Show More
- Ditka's 10/29/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014This is the only Chicago restaurant that I frequent EVERY time I visit. When I have visitors, Ditka's is the place that I will ALWAYS take them to. I can say for sure, I will be back, NO DOUBT...Special Features:
- Get a new hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014I made a reservation at Ditkas on opentable the day of at 7pm. The hostess whom was rude to other patrons must I add when we first arrived decided to put us in the bar in table that sits 6 people. I kindly asked if we were being situated in the correct section as I made a reservation. She makes a smirk and says it will be 20 mins and you made your reservation today. What does it matter when I made it. If it's available on opentable. Do I call the restaurant instead of opentable to ensure I get proper dining experience? Thankfully the manager quickly saw us and put us in the dining room. Ditka I love you man but you need a new hostess.
- Great Food and ServicefoodforfunDined on 10/25/2014They were right on time with our reservation - food and service were great. Pork chops were the best! Just know that noise level is very high in most of the dinning areas due to small size of rooms with many large parties in them.Special Features:
- SuperstarEddieVDined on 10/25/2014There was one famous person seated near us at dinner and I obvserved the wait staff and management visiting his table after we were seated. I am pleased to say that my date and I received the same excellent service and treatment even though we are not "Superstars." The food was great, service outstanding and even if you have reservations, I strongly recommend getting there early to enjoy the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It is more of a sports bar and not great for fine dining. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Do it againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Went for a late lunch will go again. On the list for dinner. Great lunch food with great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to go Coach!!!jhsiiiDined on 10/21/2014Excellent meal and service. We took very important clients there for a dinner and had a great time. Well done! Put one in Dallas!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Had lunch there 2 weeks ago and was great. However, we had dinner there 2 days ago and every dish was salted. 3 appetizers 2 mains 3 sides. It looked great but we only ate about 25% of it because it was too salty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeyrogerg281VIPDined on 10/21/2014Lunch w/Sister to celebrate, "today." Ditka's is one of our favorites so it was a good reason to go there and celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Diningniki4foodDined on 10/20/2014Absolutely incredible food. This was my first time here we ordered the pot roast nachos which were so delicious. Super friendly very knowledgeable staff, not only about the menu but about the area as well and very attentive, I was never in need of anything. I ordered the twin filets with the crab cakes, filets were delicious as expected and the crab cakes were to die for. My boyfriend ordered a 10 oz filet and said it was the best filet ever. We wanted to have every meal at Ditka's while we were in Chicago. We did have reservations which I would recommend because we went on a Monday night and the place was packed. Truly an amazing dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014My trip to Ditka's was an amazing experience. I enjoyed a Bloody Mary, Nachos & the Pork Chop. I found myself taking small bites just to make the experience last longer, even though the portions were more than sufficient. I can't recommend this dining experience strongly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ditka's just for the foodKCvisitorDined on 10/19/2014Ditka's has a good crowd in the bar when a game is on. The dining room is calm in comparison, but the food is good there as well. We enjoyed our lunch of fish tacos and chuck roast nachos. The tilapia in the tacos was nicely cooked, well flavored and garnished. I wish mail order were available. The chuck roast for the nachos had been slow cooked for 8-10 hours with spices and sauces, making it delicious.Special Features:
- Ditka's experienceDitkaDined on 10/18/2014Mike Ditka's was def worth the experience my and my wife enjoy it completely. The service the food ot all WA worth the money we spent which was $103. So goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!luveditDined on 10/18/2014As a birthday present, I took my husband to Chicago for the weekend to see the Bears play, and we went to Ditka's that Saturday night. From the time we walked in, everyone was very friendly, and that was just the beginning of the entire enjoyable experience. We both had the prime rib, which was by far the best prime rib either of us have ever had, and trust me, that is saying a lot! If ever in Chicago again, this restaurant is a MUST on our list of dinners out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I was a little skeptical when I made the reservation, as I feared it would be very "touristy" but I was completely wrong. Ditka's was amazing from the food to the atmosphere to our waiter Lloyd. We has an amazing table in the back and we were able to watch the game while we enjoyed an amazing seafood tower, 4 perfectly cooked steaks and some cocktails. I would highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoonebearsfanDined on 10/18/2014I was blown away with service and food. Mike Ditka special on menu worth try out. We drank good beer and had superb ribs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for special occasionsMomofKrisDined on 10/18/2014Dinner was amazing. Perfect for celebrating my daughter's 40 birthday. Steak was the best I'd eaten. Nice wine list. Just wish I had room for dessert.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food and service.denmarkDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating birthdays at Ditka's and then were gong to the play down the block which began at 8:00. Our reservation was at 6:00 but we arrived at 6:20 due to traffic. The hostess said she would try to fit us in... not super nice about us being late. Got a four top at the bar and the night improved. Told the waiter the same - funny, quick and sang and danced. Superb service. Food was great. Waiter brought out cake with a candle and it was fabulous. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedLLindaCVIPDined on 10/18/2014The service was wonderful. We had a group of 12, and were not rowdy. We were placed in a room with another table of ten, who were over the top obnoxious. I was surprised that nobody asked them to tone down just a little. I couldn't hear a thing all night. Seafood tower was great! I had the small Prime Rib served rare. No juices flowed when I cut it. It was dry and chewy. I have had better on cruise ships. Sides were adequate, not special. Mediocre steak house type of place; much better choices in Chicago.Special Features:
- Da best restaurant in ChicagoseefoodseafoodDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful and service. Carlos, our waiter, made the dinner exceptionally fun and delicious. Will visit this restaurant every time we get to Chicago and will ask for Carlos. What a positive, wonderful human being.Special Features:
- Football Saturdaysengr74Dined on 10/18/2014Ditka's Restaurant is a good place for lunch on College Football Saturdays. They have ample TV's tuned to the different games that you will not get bored. The staff and food were excellent! The soup of the day (clam bisque) was outstanding! I really enjoyed the hallway with different framed jerseys and memorbilia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurley ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014The food and drink was great! We also really enjoyed the waiter. Although it was late Mr. Ditka also took time to pose for a picture with my nephew Matt.Special Features:
- Just awesomeLACanesVIPDined on 10/16/2014Just awesome. Sat next to Mike and he couldn't be nicer. Food was amazing. Try the rib eye. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sea bassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014the sea bass was the best I have ever had!! my wife had the prime rib and it was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualMaresEatOatsDined on 10/15/2014Table was ready when we got there, service, drinks and food were outstanding as usual. Had the Prime Rib and it was cooked to a perfect medium rare as I requested and I am very fussy about how my beef comes out. What else can I say... was terrific!Special Features:
- Amazing!CincymomDined on 10/13/2014First time at this restaurant and it was delightful. Service was top notch, and the food was amazing. Would dine here again!Special Features:
- Surprizingly Good!DoxieLoverDined on 10/12/2014We are from Cleveland, visiting for a long weekend. Wanted to eat here because of the coach. We reserved for dinner, but came to check it out at lunchtime. Ended up sitting at the bar watching football for a couple hours, just had beer. The barkeeper was so nice and let us watch the Browns. Came back later for dinner and what a great dinner we had. My husband had the bone in porkchop and loved it. I had the two petite filets with crab and even though they were smallish, I couldn't finish. The steak was cooked perfectly and the crab was wonderful. We had the creamed spinich which was so good as well. Our waiter was awesome and shook our hands at the end of the meal. Will return next time we are in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining sports barDmcaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed a really good steak dinner with our family and perfect view of the game on 1st floor. Upstairs several private rooms and music entertainment. Surrounded by memorably making it an interesting and enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening with friendsghw4Dined on 10/9/2014Had a great meal with some friends. Food was good. Nice choices of wine. We never felt rushed. Overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to Ditka's!Denman55Dined on 10/7/2014I took several of my coworkers to Ditka's this week for dinner. They had never been to Chicago or to one of Ditka's restaurant. The staff was fantastic, service was prompt and attentive and the food was excellent. I've been there several times and plan to go back on my future trips to Chicago.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Excellent for client meetings or a special occasion. Service staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Good wine list but disappointed that their notable selections were unavailable. A no no for a restaurant of this caliber. Would recommend to friends and colleagues. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilVIPDined on 10/5/2014Ditka's can always be counted on for good food especially their pork and beef. They have good sides and salads to add to the meal. Also their service is always above average. Just a good dependable place to have a quality meal.Special Features:
- Football Friendly GoPackGomissmarqeeDined on 10/5/2014Went here for my Chicago Bears fan boyfriend's birthday and to watch the football game versus the Carolina Panthers. Being a Green Bay Packers fan myself, I was skeptical, however the environment wasn't over "bearing".. no pun originally intended. Great atmosphere, service, and wait staff; a football fan friendly place to go and they accommodated our requests perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakMcflyVIPDined on 10/2/2014Who does better steak than Mike? Probably (or tied with) Harry Carey's. My wife and I have been celebrating our anniversary here for 7 years. They make it notable everytime. This year we were thrilled that they brought back the chop salad. One of the best salads I've had and easily the best chopped we've had. I'm glad they kept the tomahawk steak. An incredible cut. My ONLY bummer (and if this is my only bummer this isn't saying much) is I asked that my root beer be put into a freezer for half hour. When it came out it wasn't cold. Service is great and one other warning. If your getting the pot roast nachos A) bring your offensive front line with to share it and B) if your on heart meds stay! It's rich!Special Features:
- Great steakFormerExPatDined on 10/1/2014Steak was really good. Ditka's is a great chicago place for both tourists and locals. Restaurant was pretty loud but upstairs did have live music. I wouldn't go and expect I quiet intimate conversation. A table for two tends to get neglected by wait staff as the restaurant often has large parties. But again, food was great. I would definitely check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudLuv2dineDined on 9/29/2014Came with a group of 8 for dinner, seated quickly, upstairs filled up quickly and it soon became so noisy conversation was difficult. Decent food, Da Pork Chop was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jforceDined on 9/29/2014Was expecting spectacular, but wasn't. NY strip goodSpecial Features:
- First TimernewbieDined on 9/29/2014I met friends who were staying at the Fremont hotel next door. I shared the huge portion of pot roast nachos which were really good. Also ordered was the spaghetti and meatloaf which were very large portions and really tasty, according to my friends who ordered them. We sat outside which didn't have a lovely view due to city construction, but we enjoyed people watching. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Call me crazy but I lose a lot of respect for a steakhouse where your meal for two people is over $150 and they don't give you bread with your meal. The steak was okay, but not worth the money. Glad I went but i won't be going back.
- Amazing as always!DaBearsDined on 9/28/2014Every time I come to Chicago we end our trip at Ditkas. As always the food is Amazing as is the service. Mark was our server this time and he was also amazing. Already looking forward to our next trip and our next meal at Ditkas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.