Ditka's - Chicago
100 E. Chestnut Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ditka's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ditkasrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3125878989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tom Kenny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: John Vincent sings the songs of Frank Sinatra Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday nights: 8:30pm - 11:30pm & Friday & Saturday nights: 9:00pm - 12:00am
A word from Ditka's - Chicago
Ditka's Restaurant, located in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast between Rush & Michigan, is a Chicago Landmark. Ditka's has a decidedly understated sports motif, white linen table clothes, hardwood floors, intimate leather booths & rich mahogany wood accents. Chef Tom Kenny presides over the menu with passion & expertise. Known for Chops & Steaks including the signature dish "Da Pork Chop" along with a wide variety of fresh, sustainable seafood and contemporary American classics. The lunch menu is full of wonderful fresh salads & sandwiches including the "Best Burger in Chicago", the Fridge Burger. Service is approachable & friendly in a comfortable atmosphere. Don't be surprised to catch sight of Da Coach himself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ditka's - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Ditka's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
471 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (226)good for groups (214)neighborhood gem (156)fit for foodies (141)hot spot (137)vibrant bar scene (107)notable wine list (106)great for lunch (96)late-night find (63)romantic (59)kid-friendly (48)great for brunch (46)great for outdoor dining (42)scenic view (19)Show More
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014Came with a group of 8 for dinner, seated quickly, upstairs filled up quickly and it soon became so noisy conversation was difficult. Decent food, Da Pork Chop was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Was expecting spectacular, but wasn't. NY strip goodSpecial Features:
- Overpriced for the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Call me crazy but I lose a lot of respect for a steakhouse where your meal for two people is over $150 and they don't give you bread with your meal. The steak was okay, but not worth the money. Glad I went but i won't be going back.
- Amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Every time I come to Chicago we end our trip at Ditkas. As always the food is Amazing as is the service. Mark was our server this time and he was also amazing. Already looking forward to our next trip and our next meal at Ditkas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Game or BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great place to watch a Bears game or take a client for business. I highly recommend the New York Strip steak it will not send you home hungry.Special Features:
- MichelleG81Dined on 9/28/2014My family of five loved our meal. We had steak, pasta, and chicken- all were delicious. Share the sides, they are huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMataharethDined on 9/27/2014I have been told to go at Ditka's while I was in Chicago and we had a great night. The food, the winw, the service, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelor PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Went here for my buddy's Bachelor party. Was a nice restaurant, the guys that said that they had the best steak of there lives, so definitely worth the $40. My only nit pick is that there were 8 of us, so instead of the server asking how the bill was, they put it all in one bill. Took an extra 15 minutes to get out. But all in all, would definitely go again.Special Features:
- ExcellentK1t1350Dined on 9/26/2014This was my second time dining at Ditkas and I have to say my experience has been consistently positive! I can't get enough of their banana cream pie. It's so decadent, melts-in-your-mouth GOOD! Our server was knowledgable, attentive, and super friendly. I will definitely be back to try more dishes from their menu!Special Features:
- Place for many occasionsNickDined on 9/25/2014I wanted a special dinner with my daughter. We could not have been more pleased. The food and wine we're fantastic and the waiter could not have been better. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mark in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014We had the bone in filet special and it was delicious. Also, Mike Ditka was there eating dinner and that was fantastic!!!
- AltonEgoDined on 9/22/2014Food was excellent. Main floor eating area was very loud and you could barely hear person across the table from you.Special Features:
- Love Ditka's!GaynellVIPDined on 9/22/2014Our server, Chris, was great! I've been to Ditka's many times before but my sister had never been there. He suggested the bloody Mike drink which we both tried and loved! His suggestions were all fabulous and made us feel very much at home. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Ditkas!DevinDined on 9/21/2014Not only was the food fantastic, the service was out of this world! My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and first trip to Chicago, desert was free and the night was made very special by the staff at Ditkas. Will absolutely be back and recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most reliable spotChiBabsDined on 9/21/2014For food, service, cleanliness, professionalism, and downright delightful people, simply the best. I never get tired of Ditka's, always at the top of my list when I want someone else to prepare something delicious for me, and to enjoy it whether I am by myself or in a group. Never been dissatisfied. Has been my default place for years, and I don't see that changing.Special Features:
- AWESOMELY PERFECT!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014By Far the BEST steak I've ever had...and the best asparagus I have ever had in a restaurant - not overcooked or over seasoned. The jalapeno hash browns were perfectly crispy and spicy! We ordered the Mike Ditka Pinot Noir which was very light and smooth - perfect with our perfect steaks!! OMG - the 3 layer chocolate cake!!!!!! There were TWO (yes TWO) pieces which we had to take home...but oh oh oh so good with the hint of raspberry...perfect combination!!!!! Carlos was our server and he was great, knowledgeable and funny!! We had great neighbors with whom we talked football and a great time with. PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT - I didn't want to leave!!!!! We will definitely be back every time we visit Chicago!!!Special Features:
- pot roastKathVIPDined on 9/20/2014BRING BACK THE POT ROAST!! BRING BACK THE POT ROAST! !BRING BACK THE POT ROAST! !BRING BACK THE POT ROAST!!
- JuliealstedDined on 9/19/2014Great food, would have preferred to not sit in bar area because of the noise. Would be more specific on future reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite dinner spot in Chicago!LoveChicagoDined on 9/19/2014The filet mignon and crab cake were outstanding. We have dinner at Ditkas every time we are in Chicago!Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantBob1Dined on 9/19/2014I love the oyster shooters and the lake perch was great. My wife had a caesar salad with fried shrimp. All cooked perfectly and great service. A fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Outstanding FoodbluebirdcrysDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal at Ditka's while on vacation in Chicago. We enjoyed the sports memorabilia, exceptional service ( my husband said the waiter was a ninja because he never saw him come and remove items as we completed our meal). The steak was outstanding it is in our top 3 if not best steak we've had at a restaurant. I can back to the hotel and showed the staff pictures of our meal and recommended they try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!dinneroutDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed dinner at Ditka's. The food and wine were both excellent, and the server was spot on. I met friends there I had not seen in a while so we chatted for quite a while and ignored the menu. He stayed in touch just enough to keep the wine flowing and take our order when we were ready, but didn't hover. We were seated in the bar area and that was great for us but it is a bit loud. For a couples dinner the main room would be better. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Known for steaks but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014While Ditka's is known for its (pricey) steaks, I had the best burger of my at Ditka's recently. Great quality beef, tasty bun, all the perfect accoutrements all combined for a delicious lunch (and great french fries)!Special Features:
- my fave in ChicagoPrimogiganteDined on 9/18/2014Simply the best, most consistent quality dining in Chicago. Never had a bad experirnce there in years. It was packed as usual but the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chicago stapleDesignerMamaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Fantastic Chicago charm...always delicious and service is impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night zooGenevieveDined on 9/13/2014If you like to be jostled by crowds of people waiting to be seated; if you like to get a table you didn't want 15 minutes after your reservation time; if you like to dine in a small room under the glare of 2 TVs; and if you like your conversation to be drowned out by the crash and din of an ever-present sloppy busboy; and lastly if you love unseasoned, bland food then THIS is the place for you. Yay.Special Features:
- A good surpriseHoleDined on 9/13/2014As a staple of the city - I expected it to be more of a tourist trap and that the food would be serviceable. I had the NY strip and it was great - best I have had in a couple years. We also got the Seafood Tower appetizer. The presentation was great and the contents were very good. The price was a little high for what you got, but if are in a spending mood, it's was tasty. Only complaint was the wait. Despite having reservations, we waited almost 30 minutes.Special Features:
- Food was extremely saltyRoadWarriorDined on 9/13/2014I've visited Ditka's on every visit to Chicago. I am sad to report that the food was salty to the point that it was barely edible. The lump crab was not fresh and very salty, fresh crab should not taste fishy.
- DisappointedSeasonedDinerDined on 9/13/2014We live in the Hancock so Ditka's is a favorite for nights with friends or just together (we're 30 something's) . They seated us next to the loudest and rudest group ever. When I arrived the group was harassing a couple of gentlemen that seemed to be on a date. After witnessing the gay bashing, I tried to stay focused on our table and just enjoy the food. Too bad one of the servers was in such a hurry he poured water into my drink, which was from the bar, and he cleared my filet and salad just as I was literally biting into it. Worst atmosphere and service of any restaurant ever!!!Special Features:
- Amazing steaks!!LovethemsteaksDined on 9/13/2014Me and my wife have visited ditkas a couple of times and their food is amazing...steaks and chops are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ditkas ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was fantastic! The atmosphere was great. The waiter was very good. The guy that was refilling our waters and picking up our plates was excellent! He was always there to refill our waters and very friendly. It was a great experience and I will definitely come back on my next visit to Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014I have dined at Ditka's previously and had a wonderful experience, unfortunately that was not the case this time, and it was so bad I won't be going back. From steaks ordered medium that turned up rare, to being rushed through salad service and sides being taken from the table before we were finished - overall not what I expect from a high end steak house. The final straw was when the waitress poured coffee into the wine glass of one of my companions. Thoroughly disappointed.Special Features:
- BrianDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food ! Great service! Nice place with lots of sports memorabiliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLarryGDined on 9/13/2014I have been going to Ditka's every year when I visit Chicago. Great food and great service!!! They never disappoint!Special Features:
- Something DifferentBobbyDined on 9/12/2014We go there whenever we visit Chicago, and we are never disappointed. Sometimes you can talk to da coach there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dizzydeanDined on 9/12/2014Ditka's is an incredible experience beginning with the locale, moving to the ambiance, including the luscious food, and definitely highlighting the exquisite service. Great restaurant with a hall of fame kicker in the historical football pics all over the place.Special Features:
- Great food and service.Joe1Dined on 9/11/2014My wife and I tried Ditka's while on vacation to Chicago. made reservations on Open table. Looked for the dress code, it said business casual. We're jeans and Polo shirt types but brought some appropriate clothes on the trip for the restaurant. Not a huge deal but they sat a group of large men in shorts and T shirts right next to us in a small room. Kind of took the ambiance away a bit. The food was excellent. The service was impeccable. Only mistake we made was getting the Peanut Butter pie for desert. Not one listed by the waitress as being "great" but thought we'd take a chance, needed to ask for extra chocolate sauce to make it good. Got that in a heartbeat, by the fantastic waitress. I would eat there again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Not Romantic - Just FunsmartreviewDined on 9/10/2014It's a fun experience...great food, although not the place to go for quiet romantic dinner.
- Customer IMTS DinnerIMTSDinnerDined on 9/10/2014Had a very large party and table was ready when we all arrived! Customers said it was the best steak they ever had and really enjoyed the service!Special Features:
- Great experience!! Recommend!EW01Dined on 9/10/2014Great portions and the food was delicious!. One of the best steaks and pork chops I've ever had!!Special Features: