Ditka's - Arlington Heights
2000 W. Euclid Avenue
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ditka's - Arlington Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ditkasrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (847) 496-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-2pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am-4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm-9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Ditka's - Arlington Heights
Ditka's is the perfect place for lunch, dinner, private parties, and special occasions. The hospitality is what makes Ditka's the place to be! We offer a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, steaks, fresh fish, seafood, burgers, sandwiches, and desserts that accommodate a broad spectrum of tastes and prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ditka's - Arlington Heights - Best Restaurants in Arlington Heights ›
Ditka's - Arlington Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (68)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (36)notable wine list (29)romantic (17)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- sdehskdhDined on 11/15/2014This was a good restaurant. Good food and a reasonable price. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014We have a wonderful dinner last week at Ditka's. Food, drinks and service were excellent. We will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerDinegrandmotherDined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed our dinner on Saturday night at Ditka's Arlington Hts. The prime rib special was EXCELLENT. We enjoyed the reasonably priced wine list. We appreciated that we could talk easily with our dinner guests -noise level is good.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014So glad that Ditka's has returned to Arlington Heights! This is our third time there and the food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent service poor. Staff looked confused and unsure of what they were doingSpecial Features:
- Loving it at DitkasRftfVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food is great and the staff couldn't be nicer at Ditkas. Our table had the excellent pot roast nachos and the chicken piccata was delicious. We sat in the bar area to watch the Blackhawks game and it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- wolfyVIPDined on 10/18/2014First timer---Very pleasant atmosphere-low keyed Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationMathladyVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I celebrated our birthdays with six friends. We were given a round table in a quiet private room off the bar. Service was superb; four people attended to our every need. The food was excellent, and they gave a wonderful dessert to the birthday celebrants. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceMHSLDined on 10/11/2014We went to the Ditka's at the Arlington Race Track. The service was great and the food was excellent. The crowd is definitely older and it has an OTB feel to it. It's a nice family place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh delicious foodHarrietVIPDined on 10/10/2014Two kinds of breads were offered. I like the one with raisins and nuts. We had the chicken piccante, the French fried shrimp (a bit greasy), and the seafood cobb salad. I also had the sherry lobster bisque which was excellent. A cup is plenty, a bowl would be too much.Special Features:
- A great experiencewillreturnDined on 10/10/2014The entrance was a little confusing as to which door was actually the entrance. It was also a little underwhelming, almost depressing. Once we got to the restaurant we found it friendly, inviting and warm. Overall, a great dining experience. My first martini was a little short in volume. The second was a generous pour, The food and service were excellent(the two most important aspects of dining out). We all found the desserts a bit disappointing, however. All in all a very good experience. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Need to be a Friend of the ManagerHomerKingDined on 10/9/2014Had a 6:30PM reservation for four on Thursday, October 9, 2014 and was told that there was a 20 minute wait. Remember that Seinfeld episode where the company TAKES the reservation but can't HOLD it?. Anyway, it wouldn't have bad so bad except that two minutes after I was told there would be a 20 minute wait, another group of four (without a reservation) approached the hostess and asked how long of a wait there was. They were also told about 20 minutes until the manager of Ditka's happened to come to the hostess station where he realized that he knew the people who had no reservation. They were seated immediately. So, if you know the manager at Ditka's you should have no trouble getting a seat for dinner, with or without a reservation.
- We Loved it!Chicago4Dined on 10/5/2014We dined here for the first time with our $15.00 coupon from the newspaper. We loved it. The nachos are so yummy, like no other you have had before. I had the chicken piccata the sauce was perfectly light and flavorful. The chicken was just like others I have had at $$$$ restaurants where they get them from a special farm, it was so delicious. My husband had steak done to perfection. Our waiter was warm and friendly, he even was nice enought to point out the sports figures we didn't know on the beautiful wall mural.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowdedjimsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Reservation for a table at 7:15, seated at a booth 7:45. Host apologizes, 2 private parties and more walk ins than they thought. Booth was set for 4, extra settings had to be moves to end of table. Waitress finally removed after another 20 minutes. Waitress nice, apologizes for busboy. Ordered wine, after 15 minutes, waitress apologizes that her "boss" had to go upstairs to fetch the wine. Wine comes 20 minutes after ordering it. Food came hot in a reasonable time and was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/29/2014Delicious! The King Salmon and Filet are wonderful! The meal and service were fantastic from start to finish!Special Features:
- Excellent at every levelfoodgirlVIPDined on 9/29/2014I brought a group for a birthday celebration and once again, all of us were very impressed with food service, ambiance. I highly recommend Ditka's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damn goodJasonDined on 9/26/2014Went there this past friday night. Unfortunately the place was empty and I'm guessing that was a function of nothing going on at the track but other than that everything was great. Everything we ordered was awesome, all of it. From the nachos to the side salads to the king salmon and shrimp diavolo entrees, it was top notch.
- CraiggerDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and service with half-priced bottle of wines on weekend. Very professional staff dedicated to serving the customer. The restaurant was quiet; may be it's not well known yet for the new location. Definitely a hidden gem.Special Features:
- Avoid the Butkus roomterrylynVIPDined on 9/26/2014We were seated in the Butkus room on this visit, unless you are having a private party, I would avoid this area of the restaurant at all costs. The acoustics in the room are lacking, so all we heard was the conversation of the party of six located in the middle of the room. Having a conversation at our table of two was difficult.Special Features:
- IntriguingKMC8Dined on 9/25/2014I really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant. Decor and layout are great, booths and tables well spaced and comfortable. Wait staff and service were both very good on the two occasions we were there. Wines were excellent and well priced. Music was fantastic. Mixed feelings about the menu. It's an unusual range, which made it difficult to choose from. Might be trying too hard to cover every appetite from fish tacos and flatbread pizzas to a massive pork chop, steakhouse style. I had the chicken piccata which was good, except it was served with gnocci which was bland and not a good accompaniment. I also had shrimp diavolo pasta, which had great flavor. No real vegetarian options unless you order sides. Would definitely try again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pamyyyyyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Three of us sat at the bar high top table and the service was excellent. We loved the menu choices and will come back soon.Special Features:
- Expected more from Iron Mikejmac219Dined on 9/20/2014The drinks, while a little pricey, were very good as was the wine. The food, however, lacked flavor and we expected more at those prices. The service we received wasn't much better as our waiter was inattentive and slow. We were seated near a large party whose noise level was so high they were buying dessert for the surrounding tables. Don't think we'll be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- One time...donerxreadyVIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife has been begging me to visit this restaurant and to celebrate an accomplishment of hers, we did this past Saturday. The staff and service were very good, but the food and the ambience left something to be desired. The food was overpriced as the filet mignons were similar to what we've eaten at Outback before. This was not the classy kind of steak restaurant we were expecting but rather a souped up Outback or TGIF. Been there, done that, won't go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant seems to be struggling to establish its identity. It is located in the Trackside part of the track and inherited its lackluster ambience and the almost mandated casualness of the racetrack and its eager bettors. That seems contrary to the finer dining experience the restaurant is striving for and the menu of higher end selections. The signature pork chops which I ordered were dry and not up to the Ditka standards I have enjoyed in the past.
- Great Spot, Great ValuecheewuDined on 9/15/2014this restaurant has a great menu with excellent prices. you would probably pay $10 - $15 more per menu item at other restaurants of this quality. i would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a good restaurant with good food and great prices. i took my wife their for our anniversary on monday, 15 september, 2014. the place had my wife raving to come back. i scored big time husband points, and the restaurant will now be in our regular rotation. many thanks Coach and crew!!!Special Features:
- just not ready for prime timeprimeribDined on 9/13/2014We went to Ditka's thinking it would be the quality of Wildfire, Ruth's Chris, Jamesons, and we were sadly surprised that it was not. The bar had one bartender who disappeared for minutes at a time. The place was clearly understaffed and despite having reservations we had to wait for a table when the place was not full. Now comes the meal. I tried to order prime rib at 8pm and was advised they were sold out. Then I ordered a filet with green beans and when the meal arrived they told me they had run out of green beans. Then they forgot to bring me out fries as a replacement. Yes the manager took my meal off the bill but thats not what I wanted. I just wanted prime rib and green beans. I do not recommend, i'm sticking with Outback.
- Gmm1Dined on 9/13/2014Just a quick lunch with girlfriends, food was great, service was exceptional. The place was empty but I suspect that was mostly due to the time of day (230 in the afternoon on a Saturday.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisajoVIPDined on 9/11/2014We have been to the restaurant downtown and this was our first time to the Arlington Heights location. We went after the Mike Ditka radio show on Thursday evening. It was very entertaining and we enjoyed the show. Mike was very gracious and we noticed he was interrupted many times during his meal and he gladly posed for pictures with fans. The food was excellent as well as the service. Our waiter was very attentive and knew the answer to every question we asked him. We will be back.Special Features:
- EnjoyableflooringguyDined on 9/10/2014Nice sized drinks, great american food at fair prices, loved the high booths making conversation easy. Attentive service. Will return. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- great foodtuffymDined on 9/7/2014Great food...not so great artwork...good service nice wait staff Would recommendSpecial Features:
- beardownDined on 9/7/2014The service was good. The food was also good. We did have a problem with my dinner but they took care of it and took it off the checjSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!LovetowineanddineDined on 9/6/2014Went for dinner sat night. Got in no problem on open table. Our waiter was so accommodating to everything we asked. Really impressed us. Second time to this new location. Will definitely return!! Fantastic service! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!NWBurbsdinerDined on 9/6/2014I think that this newest Ditka's location may have gone through some initial growing pains early on but it seems they have worked through them. Not only was our food great but the service was excellent both at our table and the bar. I have already recommended this Ditka's location to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donnadoDined on 9/6/2014The service was very nice however once we ordered it did take a while to arrive. The manager overheard us mention the time and brought us a complimentary bottle of wine to enjoy. Once our food arrived it was pleasantly presented and everyone seemed pleased with their selections. Guys ordered ribs which they said were average. I ordered steak salad which was delicious. Ditka's has a great casual dress atmosphere for a quick bite after a day at the races at Arlington Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go here againRancheroVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was average - sat outside until it got so dark we had to move inside (some lighting would be a nice touch). Food was just ok - NY strip looked like a sirloin from Sizzler and pork chop was dry and over-rated.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Food was cooked to perfection. Many different ways that people wanted their steaks cooked and everyone's was to perfecton. Even the pickiest eater was happy! We had a room off to the side it was quiet and very nice for a group so that discussions could take place. Service was attentive and he never forgot us even though we were out of the main dining room. Eeryone at the dinner would definitely go back and recommend Dikta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMartyDined on 8/31/2014We have a very nice time. The only drawback was we were seated next to a big group with a crying baby and small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lacks flavorIrishjanDined on 8/30/2014The Island rice is very bland. The cole slaw is awful. The fried shrimp was decent.Special Features:
- ReviewbarbnDined on 8/29/2014We had burger which were delicious. Will have to try other items on the menu when I return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014I would not recommend this restaurant!!! We only got one order of corn bread for 4 people. I paid $15.50 for a salad in which there were only 2 shrimp!! Honestly!! My crab bisque soup was so salty I could barely finish it. My daughter's bass was a small portion considering she only got a bit of frisee underneath. Come on now!!