District Roof Top Bar and Grille
770 Liberty View Ct
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
District Roof Top Bar and Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.districtbarandgrille.com/
- Phone: (336) 462-8882
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Sherrill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact William "PJ" Crouch, 336-462-8882 or PJ@districtbarandgrille.com to discuss catering options
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room. Equipped with projection screen, wi-fi access, and adjacent outdoor patio. Seating for up to 60 people, cocktail parties 100 standing.
- Private Party Contact: William "PJ" Crouch 3364628882x
- Entertainment: Bands and DJs on featured weekend nights.
- Cross Street: 7th & Trade (Google 725 N Trade St. 27101)
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 150 space secure lot with entrances on Trade Street between 7th and 8th Street and off 7th Street. Lot is very visible and has lights for your safety at night. We encourage our guest to call a taxi if they might have had too much to drink.
A word from District Roof Top Bar and Grille
The District Roof Top Bar and Grille offers upscale casual southern cooking with a contemporary twist. The District showcases Certified Angus Beef, fresh seafood and local produce as well as an outstanding selection of wines and specialty drinks. Try one of our Signature dishes or enjoy an entrée from our Classic Southern Grille. The atmosphere and food combine to create a transcendent experience in Downtown Winston-Salem, and the view of the skyline from one of our dining areas or our roof top brings the feel of urban lifestyle to the City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
District Roof Top Bar and Grille - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
District Roof Top Bar and Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (11)scenic view (10)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great find2FoodiesDined on 11/15/2014Excellent service, great tomato soup, burgers and ahi tuna entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014The food was delicious! The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Loved the location! We had a party of 8 and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceLuv2sampleDined on 10/18/2014This is a beautiful place, don't understand why they have a 90 sanitation grade, that's scary. Our waiter was terrible. He forgot our appetizer😞. We had to wait sooo long for our food. He never came back to check on us and when he did I asked about our appetizer and he replied w/he forgot to put it in. Smh!!!!! I doubt if I will ever return to this place! My first and last time.Special Features:
- Great evening outingDinnerNFunDined on 10/11/2014This is my second visit to District Roof Top Bar & Grille and the first one was much better. The food was not as good this time. Appetizers were good, crab cakes were all filler and no crab and were sent back, oyster salads were great. Service was great. Live entertainment was very fun. Needed more outdoor heaters but it all worked out. Great evening altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atypical but unacceptableAtypicalbutunacceptableDined on 10/7/2014I eat lunch at The District several times a year, usually getting good service and good food. However, the last time I went was the last time I'll go. Arrived at noon - waitress rarely checked on our party of 8 - took 3 times of talking to her to place our order - got our food around 1:30 - 1/3 of the orders were wrong - left at 2:20. Won't take that chance again.
- Great quality for the priceStevesreviewsDined on 10/2/2014The service was great, Andrew has to be one of the best servers in the Triad, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I made reservations for District Roof Top Bar and Grille because of the roof top dining. The ambiance wasn't quite what I was expecting but wasn't bad either. My expectations were a little too high. The food was good, as well as the service. Could use a more extensive wine list.Special Features:
- View is the Bestamlane04Dined on 9/5/2014Beautiful view of downtown Winston. Food is always good and staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmospheregirlsoutDined on 8/29/2014The location and atmosphere is excellent. The view of downtown Winston is nice. The staff was pleasant. The food was good but a little pricey. My only disappointment was the quality of the alcoholic beverages. I would suggest making a large selection of bar drinks on a menu. Many people do not know the name of drinks but can select from a description. Great for groups. I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- embarrassedDined on 8/27/2014This was my second time at The District. It was for a very special occasion, unfortunately, so I have to say that I regret choosing The District as my restaurant choice. The service was good, but the food was at best poor. I had a salad with salmon added. The salad had no taste and the salmon had little flavor. My date had salmon as his entrée and he made very little comment about it. I wish you the best, but I will not be dining with you again.
- Great meal and great service!PorkstuffDined on 8/23/2014Jamie was an amazing waiter and knew his beer and wine list extremely well. He was well-versed on the specials and overall was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missing the fried green tomatoesYUMMYDined on 8/15/2014out of the great fried green tomatoes! Best ANYWHERE around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014Had not been to this restaurant for a while and will likely not go back anytime soon. Service was slow and meal was below average. When we were leaving we saw the restaurant had an 85 or B score for cleanliness.
- Great location great foodLSMITHDined on 7/31/2014The service was excellent, the food was incredible. Great menu with items you can't find at other establishments. Recommend eating outside on the patio in good weather. Good views. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the District Roof Top Bar and Grille reviews archive.
- It was goodjrchicago9Dined on 7/21/2014I booked a party of 5 thru open table. There was no one else (literally) in the restaurant. Yet they stuck us at a table barely big enough for 3 or 4. The food was good and I'll return. I just wish the waiter had done just a tad more to make the meal memorable. Did I mention that we were the only ones there?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for our anniversary0ldsaltyDined on 7/17/2014I had seen very mixed reviews but decided we would try it anyway. It was our 21 first anniversary. We met 27 years ago at NCSA. I wanted a view of downtown. And we had good time at District. We got there a little early and were able to be seated then. Beverage service was a little iradict. They would check on us regularly and then forgot we were there. All in all had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!happydinerDined on 7/14/2014Heard about DR from a friend. Was a great experience from start to finish. Great service. Wonderful food. We will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OFF MY LIST!!AlwaysLookingVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has all of the key components for a great restaurant, but completely misses the mark. The Roasted Tomato & Smokey Bacon Bisque had to send it back because it was lukewarm despite the claim that it had just been made. A bisque is supposed to be smooth, creamy and well-seasoned. This soup was thick, lumpy and the few pieces of bacon added no extra flavor at all. The Brooklyn Style Grilled Cheese was interesting, but again the bacon added no flavor here. The District Burger was adequate. I wanted to order a bottle of Belle Glos Meiomi ($36). Only a partial bottle was available and I was served a 4-5 oz. pour for TEN DOLLARS!! This ends up costing the customer around $50-60 per bottle instead. We will not return or recommend.
- SuperbAlexxxncDined on 7/4/2014Such a fantastic restaurant. Great food, good serving staff, kitchen crew personally bring your food out, and the views are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReturningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Have been here before and enjoyed it. Used Open table because we had a large party so the reservations were a huge help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Favorite PlacecarolinagirlDined on 7/4/2014We waited to try this place out for a special occasion, and it did not let us down. The food was great and the service was well attentive. We sat outside on the bottom patio and it was very comfortable, will try out the rooftop on our next visit. We will definitely go to The District again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Read a few questionable reviews but we had a great dinner (lobster ravioli and salmon) with great service. Food was super fast - almost too fast - came out before we finished our salad. No complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for a birthday dinnerncbeachgirlDined on 6/27/2014My friends and I went out for my birthday and had a wonderful time at District. The food was wonderful and the service was great!Special Features:
- Best in WinstonRyanDined on 6/24/2014Moving to Atlanta so I hit the District one last time because it's the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs HelpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Bad service, so-so food, not very clean. Won't go back unless management changes.Special Features:
- Fun special occasionbridetobeDined on 5/31/2014We came here with family after my bridal shower and it was a fun atmosphere that felt like a special occasion. And we liked the skyline of WS and how close it was to downtown tooSpecial Features:
- early dinnershirley1930Dined on 5/18/2014we thoroughly enjoyed the meal we shared with 9 others. PJ was kind enough to move 2 tables together so we could be at one table. This was a graduation party I was extremely impressed by our young waitress .Her name I cannot remember however she will be entering Salem College this fall. So you might remember her name. all in all it was a very nice I love location: I feel sure we will come back the next time we are in Winston. Thanks, shirley phillipsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentTBoneVIPDined on 5/11/2014Interesting setting but sanitation grade was low. Menu was good, but one person at my table ordered a black bean burger and did not enjoy it. Others orders were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took over 2 hours for lunch. Saw plenty of other customers come and go while we still waited for our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some service issuesred0412Dined on 4/12/2014we had two waiters at our table of 5. one waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable, the other not so much. It took awhile to get service when we first sat down but otherwise food and drinks were good and appropriately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great seatingJaredDined on 3/21/2014Delicious food, great seating variety (bar, indoor, outdoor, outdoor heated)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service just so-soBeebeeDined on 3/15/2014We went to District for my daughter's 18th birthday & there were 5 of us. I had indicated it was a special birthday & asked for a really good table, so was very disappointed when we were seated at the door the servers use to pick up the meals, WORST TABLE THERE. Also, although l told our server it was my daughter's birthday, there was no offer of a dessert & I'm not sure he acknowledged it at all. Our meals were all very good. The bill for the 5 meals, 3 beers, one dessert split between us, including tip, was $142. After dinner, we went up to the rooftop bar, listened to a band, had a few beers & left. If it hadn't been for the bad table & the non-acknowledgement of my daughter's special event, l would have given this experience 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way!DavidDined on 2/15/2014We had the best experience possible thanks to our waiter PJ. He was able to add a lot to our night in conversation and recommendations from the appetizer, entrees and even the wine. All of his suggestions were right on. We had the filet and tuna and the wine was one of the best we've had in a while. Thanks goes to PJ who makes this resturant that's already great, our absolute favorite. PJ was there for us giving service that you normally only get at very expensive resturants. He answered all our questions and served us with a smile even though we asked a lot from him. He came through in every way. The food and wine were very good and PJ made our Valentine celebration very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningTripDined on 2/14/2014We went with another couple for valentines dinner. The waitstaff was entertaining and attentive but not too intrusive. Our steaks were cooked to order and the Mac n cheese was delicious. The girls had the ahi tuna and lobster ravioli. Both were great. The portions were plenty and I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdGrayDined on 1/18/2014The four in our group all received cold food! The French fries were left over from lunch they were so cold. The soup was Luke warm at best with very little flavor. We did talk to the new owner and he comp the soup and a additional 20 percent off the bill. Just coming out and talking to us will bring us back for another try. The service was good, and the atmosphere was good. The bar area was very cool, will go back in warmer weather for roof top bar sene!
- Started out poorly1sttimersDined on 1/16/2014First off let me say the waitress was great. They were in between changing out their wines and menu...so at first things didn't seem to be too great because every wine (at least 4) were not available. So after we finally got a bottle that they did have and ordered, one of the entrees we ordered, we were told they were out of also. But in the end, the food was excellent! The manager bought one of our bottles of wines due to all the problems (not having any of the ones requested from their wine list) and was very sorry for all the issues. I would like to go again and in warmer weather to try out the roof top bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined at the District dueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2014We dined at the District due to their menu for The Big Eat. The food was great and the atmosphere was great as well. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was fantastic!foodandfunVIPDined on 1/11/2014We come to The District about once a month, mainly to eat Chicken and Waffles. The server we had this time was the best server we have ever had here! She was fun, yet businesslike and ensured we always had what we needed. A little personality always goes a long ways! The food was good, Chicken and Waffles are a must try, especially with the sweet collards! The special of the night (Vegetable Streudel) was kind of flat and boring.. BBQ sandwich was good.Special Features:
- not bad, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Sevice was really very good, or orders were accurate and our drinks were never empty. The food was good, but there wasn't any wow dishes. They had pulled two items off the menu, the only two that seemed different, and didn't replace them with anything. Wasn't that they were out of these items, they just don't make them anymore.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013Wait staff very rude. Piercings and tatoos not good with food. Lighting bad and cold drafty setting. The wait staff member made comments aimed at offending diners. Made comments about wine and beer that were unfounded and represented a hostile style personality. She stated that her boss ( females) were meaner than her and would be like her when we asked to speak with management. She thought we were kidding. Bad spot for trying to dine better for buss tours that want a drink of water and insultsSpecial Features: