District. Pour House + Kitchen
Kansas City, MO 64114Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
District. Pour House + Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.districtpourhouse.com/
- Phone: 8163330799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:00pm-12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm-11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Magno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: District. Pour House + Kitchen offers full service Mobile Bar/Beverage service and Catering. We have an extraordinary team of licensed professional bartenders to make your event a success. They are highly trained in pouring mixed drinks,beer,wine or champagne for your business functions, social events, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and wedding receptions. We have a variety of options to suit your needs and the ability to to customize any plan to fulfill your expectations. We look forward to working with you to make your event spectacular.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private lounge can be tailored to many needs. We can provide sit-down dinner tables and seating, or comfortable lounge style seating. The room features 5 flat-panel TVs with controllable volume. We also allow customers to provide their own music or video for their party needs. The room also features its own recently renovated restroom. Check out the penny-tiled floors!
- Private Party Contact: Jason Rourke 8163330799
- Entertainment: Besides our fun, eclectic staff, we will eventually have live entertainment on specified evenings.
- Cross Street: Gregory
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Our parking includes off-street in front of the building, a lot South and West of the building, as well as a lot directly across Wornall St. We share these spaces with some great businesses in our strip, so occasionally the Romanelli Square parking lot a little further South should be utilized.
A word from District. Pour House + Kitchen
District. Pour House + Kitchen in Historic Waldo Offers unique craft brews and libations, original American food and local flair. We feature 34 infused spirits, including three rotating/seasonal selections. We have over 100 bottled beers and 13 on draught. Our Libations menu is crafted around the infusions. We use only the finest and freshest ingredients in all of our infusions. All of our recipes are rigorously taste tested to tantalize your palate. Our food menu is New/Progressive American cuisine, highlighting flavors from multiple regions to satisfy everyone's cravings. We like to consider our place upscale, yet casual. Romantic, but edgy. A place you can visit for your first date, or to watch the big game with all your buddies. We love our neighborhood, we are inspired by it, both owners are local, and we are so happy to be here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
District. Pour House + Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
District. Pour House + Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fun cocktails, great food!JMHKCVIPDined on 9/5/2014I can't believe this place has been here for at least a year and we just now tried it out. I had only been there for happy hour once and enjoyed it and then finally made it back to try to the food. The cocktails with the infused spirits are great. You can be very creative and they have a great happy hour to explore. The food was excellent. Great mussels, delicious duck breast dish and a mac n cheese that you can enhance. We wrapped things up with a great lemon cake they had and it was really good. It's pretty sweet, so great to share, but really tasty. I look forward to returning and trying several other things on the menu. They are a "scratch kitchen" so they are really flexible in tailoring your dish if need be!Special Features:
- GoodFromLeawoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is close and in a convenient location. The inside of the restaurant is very trendy, comfortable and a nice size. The menu at lunch seems like there could be more choices. We had burgers and sandwiches. The service was tentative, and the food preparation seemed slow for what we ordered. We will try again.Special Features:
- disappointingkcreppatronDined on 8/10/2014This is a great location and I had high hopes, but ...... the service was ridiculously slow, particularly considering that they weren't all that busy and there seemed to be plenty of servers. Friends who had been there the week before (Sunday after church) had the same experience and were comp'd a cocktail. We received no offer of a comp, just excuses (lame ones at that) as to why the food took so long to come out. I won't be going back unless I hear of better experiences. Explains why the places up the street were so busy. BTW - noise level was not "energetic" more like too loud (but then I'm an older lady!)
- Consistent, Sort of.....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014Been to District many times & the food is consistently good/reasonably priced. (only a few great items though) The ambiance is good & the place has a definite cool vibe. The two things that have been an issue from DAY 1 are inconsistent service & very uncomfortable metal chairs. Our server this past weekend didn't know how to pronouce 1 of only 2 cabernets (Amigoni) on their small wine list & this is the 3rd time I've witnessed a different server struggle to open a bottle of wine! And the chairs. We were a party of 8 and my friend is a big guy (not fat, just big) and the 1st thing he said was "what's up w/these chairs!" You never want your 1st impression in a new restaurant to be "I'm not comfortable". Hopefully they will address this.
- Fun eveningPapaJimDined on 8/1/2014A complete surprise and change from what we knew as Romanelli's! The change was welcome and very comfortable. We definitely will come back to sample more of the menu!Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Good food. Even better prices on wine bottles. And they even gave the bachelorette a special whipped cream shot for free for the special occasion! Great waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great foodLovenewplacesVIPDined on 7/26/2014We met some friends here and I thought it would be just like every other bar food place. I had their special which was wild samon on top of ravioli's. It was cooked perfect and lots of flavor in this dish. My friends had the Ruben which I don't even like but I had a bite and loved it. Another friend had the chicken lettuce wraps which I also tried and were spicy but also full of flavor. We will go back again doingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cool vibe with good food.VegfoodieDined on 7/9/2014This is my second time eating here (once for lunch), and both times I was pleased. The place itself has a "repurposed" hip feel to it. The food was really good (they do not skimp on their portions). The only issue that I had was with an appetizer we wanted to order. When asked to leave out the bacon (I know, shocking), the waitress stated that is was "premade"...which was a bit of a turn-off. We ordered the chicken wraps instead, and they were good and spicy!Special Features:
- Lunch is funDKorDined on 7/2/2014Just had lunch here, but it was excellent. Fun dining outside along the sidewalk. We had the gumbo, which was fantastic. Want to go back to try more things.Special Features:
- Very impressed!LoMakDined on 6/14/2014We made a reservation for 13 on Saturday night. Our server was very attentive. Drinks took a while to make, but they were hand crafted, so we weren't bothered. One girl in our party didn't like the Trout, but was too timid to say anything. The owner came over to do a table check and someone else mentioned she didn't like her Trout. The owner was more than willing to get her a new dish in a timely manner. The way he approached and handled the situation was outstanding. Due to his actions we will all be back!
- The following 9 reviews are from the District. Pour House + Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed a wonderful brunch. Our waiter was great - had excellent recommendations for us and our picky eater. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be back!Olathe1VIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our second visit. We sat at the bar the first time and had a drink and it was fine. So we stopped with a group of 8 on a Saturday at 9 pm, only one other table there and our service was the worst we have ever had.
- Great Drinks & Wonderful Food!RYbauerDined on 5/3/2014This was our second time at District and we were just as pleased as we were out first visit. The atmosphere is wonderful, casual, and fun. Their new Spring menu is refreshing, light, and everyone at our table said their meal was delicious. As always the drinks were amazing and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchmblooDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter brunch, the menu was the regular menu but the food was very good and reasonably priced. Infused drinks were also very good.Special Features:
- First visit was a 10!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014Our group of 9 had excellent service and good food. Kudos to the server for taking care of our group and for the birthday treat for the birthday boy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot!SaritaDined on 4/12/2014The District is great! We brought my parents and the kids there for dinner Saturday and there was something for everyone. They just updated the menu for Spring and added some nice touches to the menu. Loved the quinoa salad and the seafood sliders!Special Features:
- Food is great but the place is LOUDGMNelsonDined on 3/29/2014Yep, the food is great. We had the gumbo, fried polenta, and we shared a salad. All of it was quite tasty - especially the gumbo. The service was so-so but I'll cut them some slack as the place was pretty packed. Unfortunately, we went there during some March Madness thing so it was extremely loud. We may return but it will probably be on a weeknight so that we can actually hear each other as we chat over our martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightLuluDined on 3/25/2014This was just the venue we were looking for … someplace new, with an interesting menu. I would imagine it would be crowded on the weekends, so the noise level would be more energetic. Food was delicious; service was great … what more can you ask for????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising, cool placeBrianVIPDined on 3/16/2014Came here because it was empty when the place up the street had an hourlong wait. May never go back to the other place. Loved the ambience--reclaimed wood (from bowling alleys!) makes up the table, locally sourced food and liquor, lots of homemade infused liquors (which I didn't sample at 11 a.m. but will go back for), and an above-average brunch menu really impressed me. Great service, great vibe. The food was very good (simple frittatas very well prepared); will have to go back to try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.