1350 Euclid Avenue, Ste 120
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Downtown Cleveland / Playhouse Square
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.districtcleveland.com/
- Phone: 2168581000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday & Monday 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: District is available from private functions for up to 20 guests in our private room to the entire restaurant for up to 120 guests.
Our dedicated private dining team is on hand to assist in carefully planning your function.
We will pay attention to the finer points so you can be a guest at your event! Our chef will personally assist in menu planning and wine pairings.
Our sole goal is to create a memorable and unique event.
- Private Party Contact: Eric McIntyre 2168581000x
A word from District
A New Breed of the American Brasserie. District’s Imaginative Food and Wine, Balancing Exceptional Hospitality, Comfortable Surroundings and Extraordinary Value. Serving Contemporary American Cuisine with a Mediterranean Soul, European Influence and Local Focus.Continued
From Outstanding Wines by the Glass, Dining at the Bar with Seasonal Ingredients Positioned in an Emerging Downtown Location, District Will Compliment the Cleveland Restaurant Landscape.
From Outstanding Wines by the Glass, Dining at the Bar with Seasonal Ingredients Positioned in an Emerging Downtown Location, District Will Compliment the Cleveland Restaurant Landscape.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
District reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (17)good for groups (15)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A missNewFoodiesInTownDined on 9/2/2014We were really looking forward to a great dinner before our show and unfortunately the food was just sub-par. We ordered the chicken teriyaki and the flat iron steak and each dish was lacking in seasoning and balanced cooking. The veggies were raw, the steak was terrible, and both dishes were entirely under seasoned. Our waitress was having a bad night, clearly, because she only managed to come by our table a couple of times. It also took 45 minutes for our entrees to make it out of the kitchen after ordering them. The restaurant wasn't even full. If you want to try District, go, but please leave yourself plenty of room before curtain.Special Features:
- Classy place for lunchGoodtobeblondeDined on 8/27/2014Went to the District for lunch with 2 friends. It's modern, clean and classy with windows all around. I ordered the Wienerschnitzel which was a flattened, lightly coated and sauteed chicken breast served with potato puree and a lemon herb vinaigrette which was a good contrast in flavors. My 2 friends had a salad special and they raved about it. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!BroadwayFanDined on 8/23/2014I had heard several very positive reviews of this restaurant, and wanted to try it. The food was absolutely delicious. I would definitely go to District again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before A ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I tried District for the first time before we went to a Playhouse Square show. The seating and service were very efficient and the food was well prepared. Our server Brea was very attentive and made a great dessert recomendation. All-in-all a excellent start to the evening, we will probably return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food uneventfulCathyDined on 8/23/2014Very disappointing food. Service was good, drinks were inventive and good and yet the dinner was not. The food ordered was not as described in the menu, nor did it have a good flavor.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I love Crop but wanted to try a new spot. The menu at District looked amazing. When we arrived the atmosphere was nice, however we were the ONLY diners in the entire place. (7 pm on a Sunday). The rolls we were served were hard and stale. They appeared to have been 2 day old or frozen. We ordered the beet salad and the pear salad. While they were flavorful, the greens were wilted and appeared to be more iceburg/romaine than actual greens. Next we had the mussels and the goat cheese stuffed calamari. The mussels were in a sauce rather than a broth. Calamari..Boo! The rest of the meal fell flat in many ways. The sole I ordered was dry and flavorless, the brussel sprouts frozen; the asparagus old and wilted- almost dehydrated.Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious, decor nice but service was very slow. Would go back but only if we didn't have tickets for the theater, we just made our 8pm show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome TimemattnightriderDined on 8/15/2014There's a reason this place is one of Cleveland's best eats. We went to celebrate my birthday and a new job. The menu had a wide selection, and a three-course prix fixe menu for just $30. Located in the theatre district, it's close by to lots of different things whether you're catching a show or heading to Progressive Field for a game. The service was fantastic. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE IN THE THEATRE DISTRICTMitchellsDined on 8/8/2014FOOD WAS EXCELLENT- SERVICE AMAZING- GREAT BAR. WONDERFUL PLACE FOR DOWNTOWN DINNING- AND RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE THEATRESSpecial Features:
- Perfect before or after theaterletseatDined on 7/24/2014Comfortable and cozy; pleasant decor; attentive service; excellent food; reasonable prices. Very convenient to all the theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Love DistrictHealthyStylistDined on 7/19/2014Every time we go to District the food is amazing, service is superb, and the atmosphere is relaxing. We usually visit District when we have a play downtown, and they always get us out in time to make curtain. I tell all my friends about this gem of a restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingRejuvenateClevelandx2Dined on 7/18/2014The food was pretty good overall for our group even though my scallops were tepid. Service was terribly slow even though the server was very polite. The restaurant was filled to capacity and the noise was horrendous. We could not have a conversation due to the poor acoustics. If there is a next time, we will reserve a table outside on the patio.Special Features:
- buttercupDined on 7/18/2014Good spot for dinner before the theater which is a block away. Food choices are interesting and really good.Special Features:
- Better!JeneDined on 7/17/2014This was my second time here. The first time was somewhat disappointing - the hostess was unfriendly and was cleaning instead of taking care of us. The waitress was very friendly, but slow. And the food was just ok. HOWEVER, I wanted to give them a second chance since they are new, so my husband and I went for our anniversary. Much better! We were greeted immediately by the host, our waitress was very friendly and attentive, and the food was more what you would expect from a nice, downtown place. We will go again. People going to the theaters should check it out - but so should anyone looking for a quiet, pretty place for dinner, theater night or not.Special Features:
- Great diningMabjDined on 7/17/2014Terrific dining experience. Friendly, knowledgeable wait staff. Great menu with lots of variety. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014First time at The District. Food was very good and service was good. I would recommend this for special occasions. Alittle expensive for an ordinary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectOtisRDined on 7/12/2014We had the Grilled Chicken Thigh and the North Atlantic Sole. Both were well prepared and well presented but the Sole was bland. I know it's a mild fish but not of the flavors stood out. The chicken was excellent. So was the Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. I'd go back just for that. Our waitress was wonderfully attentive.Special Features:
- disappointingBusyBusinessTravelerVIPDined on 7/11/2014the $26 steak was clearly a cheaper cut of meat which had been processed into looking like a better cut. and it tasted like it too! the duck was good though. the scallops were ok but in a lot of sauce. three rolls were provided for the four of us. we chose to sit outside. it looked lovely, but the noise from all the air conditioning equipment down the alley was really loud. the server did meet our time commitments to be somewhere else in an hour and fifteen minutes, but overall the experience was disappointing enough that we will not return any time soon.
- First time in CLEMandMatCSDined on 7/7/2014District was very quiet because it was a Monday and the theatre district in CLE was dark that evening. We were in CLE to see the Yankees play but wanted something nicer than a sports bar to eat at. The staff at District was very friendly and attentive. They also made some good recommendations from the menu. My companion's squash salad was the only component that was lacking. The squash was underprepared. Her fish over risotto was a star of the meal. I had an enjoyable onion soup and a wonderful goose confit with cranberry and mashed. Christmas in July. Overall, our experience at District was excellent and we would definitely choose it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTriCGuyDined on 6/28/2014We went during Tri-C Jazz Fest so they were pretty busy and short-handed as it happened. Still very attentive staff and prompt, courteous service. They took a team approach to service meaning that we had a dedicated server but others would also tend to our needs. We both had the Goose Confit which was really good. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- Good menu, great food!BryanSDined on 6/26/2014Good menu, great food. Good wine & cocktail selection.Special Features:
- Bad experienceHortadogDined on 6/24/2014Our waitress was much too interested in a table of seven to worry about the two of us. We had to beg to place our order, get our drinks, get more bread as we waited and finally as my partner left to get to the theatre on time and I waited to pay the bill she seemed hurt because we had no time for the digestif she brought to the table. Groups on both sides of us with different staff heard all the specials, arrived after us and left before us. If we do return will certainly ask to be seated in a different section!Special Features:
- Friendly FindlibbysenseiDined on 6/20/2014Many establishments in downtown Cleveland that offer gourmet menus and broad wine and cocktail choices tend to be snooty. Not District! Everyone is helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. It has the down home comfort with a yummy menu in a contemporary setting. I recommend it for everybody, but it is so convenient to the theatres that it is especially nice when you have tickets in Playhouse Square. I highly recommend the Lamb Osso Buco, any of the salads, and the Chocolate Ganache.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaDined on 6/20/2014Great place to dine before the theater. Excellent entrees & good service.Special Features:
- everything was perfect.Acierno1Dined on 6/19/2014Great food and drinks at a prime location at playhouse square. Perfect portions. Airy space with plenty of natural, but not glaring, lighting. I'd like to see a more adventurous dessert selection personally as I think the chef could do more than just lava cake and cheese cakes. Coffee is to die for and reminded me of coffee I have had in Europe. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet potato lasagna?AirManDined on 6/19/2014If you are going to the Playhouse Square area, none of the options are great, and this may be the best. Nonetheless, the ceilings and acoustics are such that you cannot carry on a dinner conservation within your own table; it is simply too loud. Given that most diners will be theatre patrons, the servers should be very efficient; ours was barely ok, but not as crisp as we would like. I had the seafood knochi and my wife had a vegetarian lasagna. The lasagna was dominated by sweet potatoes! It was so bad she couldn't eat it, and there was no time to ask for a substitute entrée. Mine was ok, although they could have been more generous with the pasta; but the seafood was quite generous (to be fair!). All in all, pretty mediocre.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/17/2014We enjoy District as a pre-theater dinner spot. Their food is tasty and fresh. The Kitchen was prompt without rushing us. The hanger steak kebobs were outstanding, and both the sole and salmon were delicious. Jarrod does a wonderful job at managing. Our server was pleasant, but also seemed a bit frazzled--repeating questions, always, "be back in a second", etc. Overall, a fine evening of excellent food. One suggestion: we enjoy desserts, and would have had time last evening, but we are less than inspired by the dessert menu. The selection has not seemed to change over several months. (By the way, adding a good quality sorbet would allow a dairy-free and gluten free patron to join in dessert.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd give it another try, but...JeneDined on 6/12/2014A friend and I went to District on a Thursday night before a performance at the Playhouse. We had been looking forward to it, as most of the reviews had been good. I ordered the pasta with spinach, which sounded great. However, it was not at all spicy - pretty bland, actually. My friend got the teriyaki chicken, which was much better. The restaurant was not at all busy, but, the hostess was not friendly and paid us little attention. It took a long time for the one waitress who was there to get to us. When she did, she was friendly, but it took a long time for her to come back to take our order and then with the bread. I would go again, though, to support a new place. I hope they improve their weekday performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014Very good service. It was a special occasion and remembered at arrival. All was well prepared for this large group of 9. Waitress offered to take pictures and was very pleasant. Confirmation the day before was impressive as they remembered special requests. Restaurant was rather empty in spite of graduation at the State Theater, but we considered it fortunate. This did make it hard to assess ambience during higher valume times. We would certainly return. All were pleased with their food. Those who liked traditional meals found some and those more adventurous were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mediterranean TouchesSidringDined on 6/7/2014I loved the simply quiet decor that allowed me to focus on my food and not the dining room. The menu was interesting and varied.Special Features:
- GraduationjemmyDined on 6/2/2014We had a party of nine dine for dinner. Service was wonderful and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkipDined on 5/31/2014Overall the experience was good. The lamb shank was very good, albeit a little different. My wife had the brisket which I tried and we both agreed it lacked flavor and was a little dry.Special Features:
- Wonderful Night OutResaB525Dined on 5/31/2014Our first visit to District was for our anniversary. We were going to Playhouse Square for a show and decided to have dinner first. The food was delicious, each entree more flavorful than the last. The staff was accomodating when one of the menu items we ordered was not available. They were all extremely helpful and friendly. The desserts were fantastic. I highly recommend the cheesecake! It was evident that the restaurant is built on treating people well and with friendliness. They worked hard to make sure our anniversay dinner was special. And we were able to enjoy a leisurely meal with plenty of time to make our play. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014We had a party of 6 for dinner prior to an 8 o'clock show across the street (great location!!) Our food was excellent. Server friendly. Service a little slow(didn't seem to be enough help rather than a fault with our server), but we made it to the show on time. I would definitely go back. Great cocktails!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 362 reviews are from the District reviews archive.
- TheatreSpryteVIPDined on 5/18/2014This restaurant has it down! Quick service, good food, off to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed District!FlynDined on 5/18/2014Our group of 6 enjoyed an early dinner at District following a Sunday matinee at Playhouse Square. Food was excellent all around, from salads to entrees. The fresh baked bread was fragrant, and the variety of salads made us all happy. Our entrees ranged from pasta to falafel to chicken, and very little was left on our plates at the end of the meal. We were too full for dessert, but the selections were enticing. The menu is a tad pricey, but when the food is beautiful and delicious, the bill is much easier to pay! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super slow but amazing eatsatrotdocDined on 5/17/2014We had a graduation party of 10 and dinner took 3 hours...however, the house conduit was one of the best things I have ever had. My family enjoyed the filet, the salads, and the delicious drinks! I an told by a friend the wait we had was unusual, so give it a try but come prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but delicious!KatesTakeDined on 5/17/2014I've been to District twice in the past few months - more out of convenience to shows at Playhouse Square than a love of the place. It's nice and upscale with a short but enticing menu; we're non-drinkers but the wine and cocktail lists are extensive (disappointed they don't carry a nonalcoholic beer as many restaurants now do). It's pretty noisy (not much to absorb sounds), but we love the food -- some the absolute best we've ever experienced!Special Features:
- Decent pre-show dinnerjillDined on 5/17/2014We had dinner here before a show at the State Theater. Very convenient location in theater district. Also, our valet ticket was validated for eating at restaurant so $20 valet was reduced to $8. That wa nice. Atmosphere of restaurant was nice...very upscale looking. Food was just okay after all. My dish was simple and great...the teryaki salmon dish. (Substituted asparagus for arugula and radish salad). The other three people weren't too excited about their meals...Atlantic sole and beef bourguignon both needed more flavor. The seafood casserole with gnocchi was okay, but my husband was not a fan of the "green mussels) in it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Theater DiningLydiaDined on 5/16/2014District is the perfect place to dine prior to going to the theater. Servers are very attentive; food is always tasty and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.