509 7th St., NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.districtchophouse.com/
- Phone: 2023473434x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat. 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch
3:00pm - 11:00pm Dinner
Sun. 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch
3:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner
Mon. 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch
3:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner
Tues.-Fri. 11:00am - 4:00pm Lunch
4:00pm - 11:00pm Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Rigoberto Bautista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining rooms, which can accommodate 10 to 250.
- Private Party Contact: Suellen Keller 2023471922x
A word from District Chophouse
A classic American gathering place, the District Chophouse & Brewery is conveniently located 1/2 block South of The Verizon Center. We pride ourselves in serving the city's finest handcrafted beers and succulent steaks, mouthwatering chops, tasty seafood, and over-sized salads. Once you've eaten here, you'll agree the 'DC' stands for District Chophouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
District Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)good for groups (110)great for lunch (78)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (61)fit for foodies (47)vibrant bar scene (44)notable wine list (39)hot spot (35)great for brunch (28)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (6)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014I took my Mom here for her birthday before going to National Theatre for a show. Chris, our server, was fantastic, very attentive and had great recommendations. The food was excellent and service was fast. My mom and I had a wonderful time and made it to our show with plenty of time to spare.Special Features:
- Gotta go!JAF1Dined on 8/23/2014The filet and lamb chops were superb! The white cheddar mashed potatoes were also great!! Topped it off with amazing chocolate cake. All with great service, timely food, and enjoyable atmosphere. Wide range of dress from casual to evening wear.I would recommend this to a friend.
- happilyretiredhappilyretiredDined on 8/23/2014We went for brunch on a Saturday and it was not crowded, The petite filet with poached eggs, Hollandaise, asparagus and home fries was excellent! Had a beer flight as well - very interesting!Special Features:
- Lets go to chop house !GILSDined on 8/19/2014We are from Germany and we enjoyed the dinner at the chop house very much. The sirloin steak was perfect and the mood in the restaurant very agile. The service was professionell. Thanky for this nice evining in Washington DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food near the Verizon Centerluv2dineDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed the meal. Quick service before a concert and the food was quite good. The service even better than that. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Pre-Event Must!WalkerDined on 8/19/2014Love the Chophouse. First time making a reservation. Normally visit before and after all Washington Capitals home games. Great beer. Friendly atmosphere. Service is always the best. Staff seem to like their jobs which makes going the experience that much better. The Chophouse will get packed at night. Normally a wait to get seated in the evening (sign of a great place). Would make a reservation if your going to an event near by. Food is top notch. Chicken Tenders at the best around but the whole menu is well worth the trip. Something on the menu for everyone. Rockfish (Striped Bass) is killer! And did I mention the beer. Brewed in-house and so fresh. Love this place. Can't say that enough. A must if your in DC. Let's go Caps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Amazing food and fantastic service!!! We got there early and were recommended to enjoy the last bit of happy hour then we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Had dinner here with spouse and two children. Service was slow despite not being very crowded and the food was only so-so. Given the cost, which was close to $150 with a few glasses of unimpressive wine, there are better alternatives in the area. I would not return.
- Not impressedJtownfab6Dined on 8/17/2014Overall not impressed with the quality of the food... Waitress not knowledgable about the menu and was very vague when asked a question. Good location, suboptimal dining experience ...
- Not what i was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014I've been wanting to try this place for years and we finally went this past weeekend. I've been looking for a good steakhouse in DC and District will not be that place. The quality of the meat was not impressive and it was not cooked to the way we liked it. We are not the type to send food back so just got through it. The most disappointing is probably the quality of the steak, I've had better cuts of meat at local/hole in the wall places across the country. The buffalo shrimp was very good. Other than the steak, everything else was fine. Still disappointed...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I thought the food was good. My only complaints are that my steak was a little under cooked. I asked for medium and it was medium rare. The bathrooms were disgusting. Overall the experience was good and my wife really enjoyed the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Nice selection of beers. I enjoyed the dark brews that were pretty smooth and tasty. My biggest problem was with the food and the service. I went there during Restaurant Week so the selections were extremely short. Unfortunately, they only had one steak option and I guess everyone ordered the same dishes so they ran out of certain items (baked potato) . The service was not quick enough so i ended up with a slightly warm steak that was kind of tough to cut through and the mashed potatoes tasted like they were out of a box. Our reservation was around 7-730pm and we didn't really leave until 10pm. I enjoyed the Spinach artichoke dip and the cheesecake, and most definitely the beer. Won't recommend going during Restaurant Week.
- AverageSteakDined on 8/16/2014Went as a part of restaurant week and overall disappointed by the experience. Main dishes arrived only five minutes after appetizers, sent it back to have the same steaks return after another five minutes. Waiter was excellent and reordered immediately but then ended up with a Med-well steak instead of my Med-rare order. All was resolved thanks to the great waiter but overall, will not try again.
- The steak was okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and 3 of us ordered the NY strip for our entree. We asked to have them cooked at different temperatures and they all came out wrong. The steaks also had hardly any seasoning. However, the buffalo shrimp and wedge salad were delicious. Our waiter did the best he could, but he disnt visit our table that much nor did he refill our water glasses until we asked. He wasnt all that knowledgeable about the menu either...maybe he was new?
- Loved ItjmossDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I decided to try out this spot for DC resturaunt week. So glad we did. I had the spinach artichoke dip appetizer, NY strip and potatoes with a cheesecake for dessert. Phenomenal. Steak was cooked to perfection. I will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellenthard2pleaseDined on 8/15/2014I will definitely be back!!! Food and Service was the BESTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotJuliaDined on 8/15/2014Went to District Chophouse for a restaurant week lunch with coworkers and had a great experience. The service was fantastic, and they were very accommodating of our group of 8 right in the middle of prime lunch hour - they put us in a nice semi-private room. I called ahead to let them know it was a coworker's birthday and they brought out a piece of cake with a candle on it for him, free of charge! The portions were very generous and the food was good. Be sure to get the cheesecake for dessert!Special Features:
- RoJoDined on 8/15/2014I had the Chicago-Style Prime Rib Sandwich. It was tendered and cooked just right.Special Features:
- Tasty and traditionalRemingtonpawpawDined on 8/14/2014The menu was traditional like many steakhouses. Stick to the basics-and make them taste good. Our wait or was polite and sociable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!VenusDWinoDined on 8/14/2014We went Thursday night for Restaurant Week and enjoyed our dining experience at District Chophouse. Our server was pleasant, prompt, and we did not feel hurried or rushed. I had NYsteak and it was cooked perfectfly. The Buffalo shrimp was delicious. We would definitely go back, even though as the place filled up it did get pretty noisy (not unusual). Great craft beers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty BurgerDubCDined on 8/13/2014I had an awful burger craving...a real burger, not some fast food sorry excuse for a burger. The burger was perfect (black crust on the outside, mooing on the inside). Very high quality meat. My boyfriend's Delmonico had great flavor, but the texture was a bit uneven. Sides are serviceable. But let's not forget that yummy cornbread with the honey butter. I could make a meal out of just that! Service was amiable, but a bit slow. Overall, a good meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - disappointing serviceILikeFoodDined on 8/13/2014The food was excellent once we got it, but it we were at our table for 35 minutes before we even received our drinks. It was an hour by the time our food was served, yet my colleague's steak was rare even though she ordered it medium well. I also asked for a refill before receiving our check, and although the server took my glass he never brought a refill. The place had great potential, but we left disappointed.
- Perfect!Arch17Dined on 8/13/2014The service and food was great! I try to go here every time I'm in DC!Special Features:
- DMVSupaStarDined on 8/12/2014Overall, it was a good experience especially for it being the beginning of restaurant week. My girlfriend and I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food, ServiceFamOf5Dined on 8/12/2014Great atmosphere and decoration. Adjacent bar and upstairs adds nice touch. Busy after work business. Great food and service. Steaks were prepared nicely. Great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!ARaeDined on 8/12/2014I've been waiting to come here and finally came for lunch for Restaurant week. The Crab bisque was delish with chunks of crab on top. Chop House Salad was large and yummy. The cheesecake dessert was SO GOOD. Oh and the corn bread that came in the beginning was also fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...dcdinerDined on 8/12/2014I probably would have enjoyed myself more, but I couldn't get the musty smell of the carpet off my mind enough to enjoy my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Experience...SinncerreDined on 8/11/2014The DC Chop House was a very easy and good lunch experience for anyone in the downtown DC area. The atmosphere was nice, calm and intimate. The service was respectful but not overly chatty (allowing the dinning party to enjoy themselves). We didn't have to look for anything as the waiter anticipated our needs. As requested a booth was ready when I arrived for my reservation. Truly a nice experience...I'd recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great occasion spot - great steaks!PiTravelerDined on 8/9/2014Food was really good but the waiter took forever to show up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable quality, good atmosphereMarkNearRFKDined on 8/8/20142 friends and I chose to dine there because 2 of us had pleasant past experiences there and we liked the convenience to all of us coming from 3 different directions. The we had not seen one another in a long while and spent much time chatting but were not rushed by the server. The noise level was just right for our conversation. All of our food was at least good, mine very good. We shared a pan of cornbread. I had trout with crab meat, in which the crab meat was the standout, with a baked potato; a side of asparagus; and the flight of beers, an incredible value at $8. (Too bad I didn't have room to have another separate glass.) My share of the bill was $53, including a 20+% tip because we were there nearly 3 hours. I am by nature a miser buSpecial Features:
- lunch meeting held hereDCdinerGirlDined on 8/7/2014Great place to go for lunch meeting - a bit loud, but overall a good place to pick. The service could have been better, but I believe they were busy.Special Features:
- dcchopDined on 8/2/2014service was poor, server seemed distracted...................................................................Special Features:
- HfurDined on 7/31/2014Great service, great food, great beer. A DC must on every trip. Waiter Emilio was excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect DC experienceMjelishaDined on 7/30/2014Loved this place! It had the feel of an old speak easy - great atmosphere - loved the 40s music - waiter was friendly and very attentive- food was good and served very quick actually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate24DinnerVIPDined on 7/27/2014For the past several years we have visited the District Chophouse and have always enjoyed the occasion. Something has happened however to the quality of their waitstaff. They were certainly disorganized bordering upon incompetent. Upon our return to DC next summer we will return to Capital Grille in lieu of the Chophouse. Unfortunate!
- great for lunchWashingtonDined on 7/26/2014Great lunch, too hot and noisy for dinner. Lunch was great, dinner was just ok. Very hot inside restaurant but dinner was just warm and very very noisy., Not a good choice for us. They were just too busy to make it a nice experiencde.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent, service was stellar and the craft brews made me want to go home, grab my growler and get it filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grown Folks7thstreetgoodeatsandwinesDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was very nice food was good wine selection was over the top nothing they didn't have. Great place for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicPacketchefDined on 7/25/2014Great experience best steaks in Washington. Service was prompt but not overbearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food at thr right priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014top sirlion is the thickest and juicist on 7th stret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.