509 7th St., NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.districtchophouse.com/
- Phone: 2023473434x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat. 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch
3:00pm - 11:00pm Dinner
Sun. 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch
3:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner
Mon. 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch
3:00pm - 10:00pm Dinner
Tues.-Fri. 11:00am - 4:00pm Lunch
4:00pm - 11:00pm Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Rigoberto Bautista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining rooms, which can accommodate 10 to 250.
- Private Party Contact: Suellen Keller 2023471922x
A word from District Chophouse
A classic American gathering place, the District Chophouse & Brewery is conveniently located 1/2 block South of The Verizon Center. We pride ourselves in serving the city's finest handcrafted beers and succulent steaks, mouthwatering chops, tasty seafood, and over-sized salads. Once you've eaten here, you'll agree the 'DC' stands for District Chophouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
District Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (95)special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (77)great for lunch (72)romantic (55)fit for foodies (51)vibrant bar scene (42)notable wine list (34)hot spot (29)late-night find (25)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Local gem. Excellent cuts, superb in house brews on tapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GreatestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014It has been a year or so since our last visit due medicals issues for us both. However, they did not fail us. From making our reservations to include the need to accommodate my power wheelchair; entering and while waiting for the hostess to grab menus while another employee, at the same moment, another employee readied our table without a word being exchanged; to the great wine and extremely delicious meal steaks prepared perfectly and great desserts to round out the meal, we has a very enjoyable time and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantTysonVIPDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated my mother's birthday and had never been to the restaurant before. They put us in a private dining area for 7 people. The service was great and all of thr food was delicious. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wkidsindcOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Our server was the best would definitly reccomend this to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff, slow serviceSeeroseyDined on 10/17/2014Beautiful restaurant and ambiance. Our waitress was very friendly. Unfortunately the service was not so great. The drink service was very slow. We ordered martinis to start and by the time the drinks made it to the table, vodka and ice had been melting down in a pint glass, it tasted watered down. We ordered a bottle of wine at the time of ordering our meal. It was brought to the table after our steaks were served. I asked for steak sauce and never got it. My brother ordered the lamb, it did not look great, they were very small cuts of meat. My mom and I both ordered the NY Strip which were very tasty. Though they were clearly not the same cuts of meat. Mine was at least a half an inch thicker.
- Steak!luckyDined on 10/17/2014Great place for a filet mignon when you've got a craving. The crusted pepper preparation option was a home run. Solid wine list with everything from a $30 bottle to an $85 bottle of Cakebread and of course the beer is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChopHouse What a Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My girlfriends and I started going there about 4 years ago and we have been coming back since. We rarely wait for a table even when its crowded. We are down to two of us but we will continue the tradition as long as we can. We have gotten to know a few of the waiters and bartenders as well so always get a wonderful greeting upon our arrival. We love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location poor foodLuvsteakDined on 10/16/2014My second business meeting here and two strikes your out. The steak choices are few and was poorly cooked. The restaurant is in a great location and appears to be very successful. Managers and chef's are dropping the ball.
- GoofyDined on 10/16/2014Service was fantastic. The cheeseburgers are to die for as are the sweet potato fries. Love them. No complaints from our table on anything that was ordered. (Lobster roll, salads, steak, even the chicken tenders were great). Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Poor serviceRG02Dined on 10/14/2014Meal was undercooked and took over 40 minutes to reach our table. No compensation or even offer to discount or provide an appetizer/dessert for the inconvenience.
- Great place to do businessgreat4dealsDined on 10/14/2014District Chop House is a great place to do business and entertain clients. Service is good and quick.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening, exquisite meal.PDG23Dined on 10/13/2014Loved everything. Service was particularly good; this is one of my favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bad nightfoodie2VIPDined on 10/12/2014The presentation and food was great, front of the house service was great, however the kitchen lacked the necessary support. It took 90 minutes for our meal to come out. They were very apologetic about it. We will certainly be back to give it a try again.Special Features:
- always consistentTMF1Dined on 10/11/2014have been ere many times - good service, good food, good service, good prices and an excellent wine list - always a winner.Special Features:
- A Chophouse/BrewpubWingsFanDined on 10/11/2014They have a Chophouse like menu (plenty of steaks) but also serve their own homemade brews. Really enjoyed being able to get a beer flight that included a taste of all 9 beers on tap. My wife had a filet, that was properly done. I had a salad and the crab bisque, which had some large chunks of crab and a nice pepper finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodGreatDined on 10/11/2014Good food, nice service. Fits the neghborhood well. Pleasant place for a nice, not too fancy dinner before the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service was so so ...FirsttimeinDCDined on 10/10/2014I took my fiancé for dinner in her birthday on October 10th 2014. It was 9pm and waited approx 19 minutes for a table. When we got seated, we waited an additional 13 minutes for our waiter. He took our orders and did not offer water until asking. The food was excellent and nice portions. Overall good experience wish the wait staff was a little quicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 4 beer not for food or serviceJeffDined on 10/10/2014We've been here many times over the years and unfortunately our most recent experience was poor. The steaks were mediocre at best and very fatty. The sirloin was not cooked as we requested (medium rare). The prime rib , normally a special treat, was tasteless. Cheese plate appetizer was full of everything except cheese. The service was sloppy and slow, our waiter actually spilled the wine on our table and didn't clean it up! Although we were clearly interested in wine, the waiter spent at least 10 mins. describing all of the various beer options. At these prices you can do a whole lot better in the immediate neighborhood.Special Features:
- Our go-to Caps barOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014We love District Chophouse! Great food and bar. My husband and I always hit it before a Caps game and the bar is busy but fun and always great service! Many thanks to Brian the bartender for his exceptional service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ideal night and restaurantMUlacrosse33Dined on 10/5/2014My friends suggested the chophouse, so i trusted their opinions with my one year anniversary, and they did not disappoint. Not one bit. Great food, great service, actually took and listened to my discription in the review, perfect seating. The chef was a well trained and great. Not to over boast this restaurant up, but it was definitely a one of a kind night and they helped make it ideal and highly remarkableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good tasting steaksCTARDined on 10/4/2014this place has good steaks. however, my husband found a small piece of stainless steel sponge in his steak. it was a good thing he was chewing it carefully, otherwise, he would not have felt the metal texture in his mouth. they did not let us pay for his steak. other than this, all our other steaks were fine and good. the corn bread was delish. and service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMikeDined on 10/4/2014Everything was great..service was awesome..thanks!!Special Features:
- Bday CelebrationIlovewineandcheeseDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I went for his birthday celebration. I wrote in the reservation it was his birthday and I didn't remind them at the restaurant and they remembered and gave us a small free dessert which was super tasty! We got there 15 minutes early and they were able to seat us ahead of our reservation. We got lobster mac and cheese and it was okay, not the best we've had compared to other local steak houses. The steaks were good though (8oz filet Oscar style and Delmonico both medium rare) with the mash potatoes. My husband is a big beer drinker which is why I also selected this location and he enjoyed the Oatmeal Stout and Bourbon Stout. Overall good experience, I would come back.Special Features:
- Great Food / Great ServiceCharlieDined on 10/4/2014Pork Chop is tremendous. Beer is fantastic, if your looking for a varitey. Will definitely return to this establishment .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJB73Dined on 10/4/20141st time. Really good food & service. Neat interior!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sylvia MuddOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014We have never had a bad experience here. We can bring friends and family and know it will always live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- excellent for business lunchesasalDined on 10/2/2014the food is above par for lunchtime fair, and the prices are pretty affordable with a nice selection of sandwiches in the 12-15$ area, but some choices knock on $20. The cornbread they bring complimentary is worth mentioning. Our waitstaff was passable but definitely not superior, and our waitress seemed to disappear for 10 minutes at a time.Special Features:
- Our group liked the Chop House!TaxmanDined on 10/1/2014I chose the Chop House for a going-away luncheon for a colleague in our small government office. It had been more than three years since I had been there. I was impressed that the restaurant could accomodate our group of 16 people on relatively short notice. The server took our order promptly, and everyone thought that the food was very good. There was significant background noise, however, which made it difficult for anyone to say anything to the person who was being honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelor party reviewmw99mwDined on 9/27/2014Menu had good selection and relatively good value. Nothing too special. Service was prompt and the beer was good. Did not acknowledge the bachelor even though I specified the occasion.Special Features:
- Hopefully just an off nightfoodlover218VIPDined on 9/26/2014We usually love district chophouse, but this visit wasnt reflective of the food or service we expect. First, I ordered a medium well steak. I know steak lovers scoff, but I have had plenty of juicy and delicious steaks cooked medium well. The steak came out about medium rare band wasn't rested at all. The mashed potatos were sitting in a puddle of steak juice. We hadn't ordered mashed potatos as our side. When we asked for it to be coked more, it came back dry and shriveled. We actually bagged it up and gave it away outside to a panhandler. They also over charged us on the bill. The server was good but unapologetic on the mistakes and we basically paid $70 for a salad. We usually love chophouse, but i could cook a steak better at home.
- Dependable diningHappyAnniversaryDined on 9/24/2014Having been to District Chophouse the last time we were in DC, I was expecting a nice dinner and was not disappointed. The menu has a nice selection of meat entrees as well as fish. The Atlantic salmon I ordered was cooked to perfection, well done as I requested but still moist, even succulent. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable, and very friendly. We will continue to patronize the District Chophouse when ever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great.. Service not so muchJc55Dined on 9/22/2014Been to the DC Chophouse several times because the food is very good, steaks are better than good. The service was pretty lame the last time we were there. We will go back and hope to get a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBDinVADined on 9/22/2014Those of us who ordered steak found our portions tough to cut and a bit too chewy. The one of us who ordered seafood found it flavorless and the crab meat topping refrigerator-cold. They comped her meal, but were not suitably apologetic. One of our party needed special accommodation, and despite knowing this, the table they chose for us was quite a distance from the door and made for an arduous walk.
- VeronDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times in the past, and the food was great! However my latest experience was far from that. The food was okay, but not as good as I remember. The service left much to be desired. We were celebrating a birthday and I gave instructions regarding the celebration when I made the reservation. However the waiter did not initially acknowledge our occasion or even know exactly what we were celebrating. The overall experience was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Service not good. Food not goodHJonesesDined on 9/20/2014Oprah was in town and I made reservations weeks before. Made to stand in long line even though I had a reservation. After much demanding we were finally seated. Waited almost half an hour for a waiter. Had to ask for one! Food finally only to have dre burgers which we did not eat. Cornbread was cold - twice! WAitress das a smile the entire time although overworked. Restaurant was not staffed to handle the crowd. Surely they knew Oprah was at the Verizon center. Complained. Did not pay for food but tipped the waitress. Eaten there before. First bad experience. Peace.Special Features:
- JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!AlpieDined on 9/19/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The corn bread w/ butter was amazing and my chicken w/pasta dish was fantastic. My group thought our visit was great! Service was well-timed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpineripperDined on 9/18/2014Excellent restaurant. The food was great as always and the service top notch. A tad noisy from the bar at times, but not unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davidon9thDined on 9/18/2014Consistently Good food and drink, exceptional staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakJulipDined on 9/17/2014The meat at this restaurant is wonderful. I've been going there for years, and the steak still surprises me with how good it is. The side dishes are limited in number, but very good. The service is almost always excellent.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Always a space that I enjoy. The food is consistent and the service in excellence.Special Features: