District American Kitchen and Wine Bar
320 N. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
District American Kitchen and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.districtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6028175400x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30- 11:00 a.m.
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00 - 9:30 p.m.;
Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday 3-7 p.m.;
Reverse Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday 10 p.m.-Close
Sunday's Half Priced Bottles of Wine
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
THURSDAY'S WITH DJ ELISE WELCH FROM 5PM-9PM;
FRIDAY'S WITH DJ JARED ALAN FROM 10PM-2AM;
SATURDAY'S LIVE JAZZ FROM 8PM-12AM
A word from District American Kitchen and Wine Bar
District American Kitchen and Wine Bar is designed to meld into the fabric of the downtown Phoenix core, embracing its inherent energy with open-air patio seating, live entertainment, local artwork and First Friday presence. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, District supports local food purveyors, offering a wide selection of sophisticated yet accessible regional fare as well as the best of American wines, micro-brew beers and classic cocktails. Patrons can expect new twists on traditional favorites, wine pairings, and small plates all enjoyed in a comfortable yet metropolitan setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
District American Kitchen and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)good for groups (18)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Pre-Theater DiningRuthinAZVIPDined on 10/23/2014Four of us had dinner before a play and all of us ordered from the pre-theater menu. Two had the salmon which was cooked perfectly and had a sweet glaze. The portions were very large. We also had a risotto side which was delicious. It had some asparagus in it and I thought they were smart to serve it in a ramekin which was a perfect size as it was rich. The other two diners had the short ribs and they both liked it. It also was a good size portion. The meal came with a glass of wine or beer or soda. Service was very good and we will definitely return. We also got 3 hours of free parking at the Sheraton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTjcoleVIPDined on 10/15/2014A wonderful choice for a business lunch as well as large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014the cedar plank salmon was delicious; the harvest salad needs revisiting. It was at best ordinary and maybe a little less than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large restaurant, very good foodBobFromOhioVIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I dined at District American Kitchen on a recent conference trip to Phoenix. This is a huge restaurant (but nicely divided into smaller areas) with large glass windows and an attractive decor. It has a good wine list, with most wines priced very affordably at $40 or less. On this visit my wife had the maple planked salmon with asparagus risotto, and I had the halibut fish & chips with truffle fries -- both excellent. The only slight downside to our visit was that our server was overly busy when we arrived so after 15 minutes the manager finally came over to take our drink order. Otherwise, though, the service was excellent and our server was clearly prepared to answer questions or offer advice on the menu.Special Features:
- Great choicejpnagDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food and atmosphere. We sat outside and had a great experience. Lots of gluten free and vegan options too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FindPeggyDined on 9/27/2014Wanted a Restaurant near the Phoenix Theater for a dinner before the show. Four of us ate the Restaurant week menu, and it was delicious. I would definitely return when in downtown PHX. Parking in Hotel garage was validated by the server, a plus.Special Features:
- Loved it!newintownDined on 9/25/2014My fiance and I went for restaurant week. Everything was amazing and the service was impeccable. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine ExpereinceCandiceVIPDined on 9/19/2014Amazing food beautiful setting fun surprises and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner at the district!SkimomDined on 9/17/2014Friendly service, great wine, excellent food. Very reasonable prices for a fabulous tenderloin. Definitely save room for the S'mores Creme Broule!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouskoalaVIPDined on 9/5/2014While new to the area, it seemed that things around the Arizona Center were quiet on this friday night. Perhaps that's common during summer. This restaurant is actually in the Sheraton hotel across the street, I didn't know that, because typically I avoid hotel restaurants. The food was fantastic! Loved everything we had to eat and drink (calamari, citrus salad, duck, Lavender Thomas collins, and a glass of pinot noir). Service was very good also. Vibe was closer to quiet as it's a huge place that wasn't too busy, but music was enjoyable and not too loud for conversation.Special Features:
- Good Spot for Dowtown Pre-ShowMelodyDined on 8/17/2014Been twice, pre show. Great food both times. My husband loved the Shrimp Risotto (side dish). I had a perfectly cooked rib eye with a delicious sauce. We had great service. Our waiter explained that all food is American (thus the name!) and the Chef tries to select local foods. We passed on dessert, which sounded fun, but enjoyed the cotton candy! Fun meal ender!! Now, the criticism. The designer of the restaurant did a terrible job! The tables are skinny and long so you feel like you are miles from your dinner partner and you get the sense that your food might fall off the side of the table!! The seating like lounge seating, real low and wrong back pitch for dining. The tables are too high for the seating.Special Features:
- Quiet diningHeatherGVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have heard wonderful things about this restaurant. The service was great. The food was exceptional and both our steaks were cooked to perfection. They use house grown herbs from their 4th floor herb garden. They have a large restaurant but there were not many patrons. I have no idea why! We will be back regularly. Truly a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastickateDined on 8/15/2014District is a great spot in downtown Phoenix. Everything about our recent dining experiance was perfect. The food was fresh and tastey, the service was spot on, and the ambience relaxing yet vibrant. Ps.Request to sit in Alexis's section. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014This is an outstanding value for downtown Phoenix. Really amazing food and forget about the price next to entrees. Everything was $22. Great preparation. Great wait staff. I thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- JoeyDined on 7/26/2014Nice modern decor. Waitress was really friendly. We all enjoyed our entrees and drinks! It wasn't too crowded so the noise level was great and it was easy to carry on a vacation. The $22 summer special was a great find. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go again . . .sheazDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner before a show. The choices on the menu were good, the food we had was delivered promptly, looked appetizing and was very good. The staff recognized our need to keep time and we really appreciated their consideration. We will have no problem going here again!
- ehhhhonzo427Dined on 7/17/2014We were seated promptly and received great service, at the beginning. We then sat for 20 minutes with no one coming to our table. We had to ask for a server and that still took another ten minutes. The drinks were great, when they got it correct. If it wasn't for the fact that I was with the most beautiful woman in the world, the review would be lower. Sorry.
- Unexpected Find in PhoenixFoodLuvRDined on 7/5/2014I could not believe we were lucky enough to find this gem at the Phoenix Sheraton Hotel. The restaurant was hidden to say the least, I did not find it until day two however it was worth it. All entrees on the dinner menu were $22. I had the grilled beef tenderloin with Yukon gold potatoes, grilled asparagus with a red wine demi glace while my hubby had the Ribeye and fries. Everything was cooked to perfection. The tenderloin was juicy with a mouth watering glace. I could not get enough nor rave enough about this find. We were having a late dinner on Saturday night and had he pleasure of a live band playing while we eat. Excellent singer and band. If you are in Downtown Phoenix this is a must go to. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 402 reviews are from the District American Kitchen and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Love this placeRestaurantfanVIPDined on 6/26/2014Lunch for $10 and under and can compete with any high-end restaurant. The risotto is my favorite on the planet, the bugers and tots are amazing, the service is great. Highly recommend for business meetings or large groups.Special Features:
- Solid Restaurant in Center City PHXParentWhoLikesFineDiningDined on 6/15/2014The District has been consistent in presenting good food and atmosphere. Ample views of the city allow nature light to pour over its crisp interior decor. Although it is associated with a hotel, it's cuisine is not as bland as many hotel kitchens offer. Although the service was very good, one should not expect a "foodie" experience--it's just not that formal of a setting. However, for a family with young (reasonably behaved) children, it is a step up from the noisy franchised restaurants that families often endure. The nothing-over-$9-at-noon lunch menu is also budget-friendly. Also, they had a really good Easter Brunch! For parents who were previously foodies (BK) who like ambience in a family-friendly setting, this is the perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent before show at USAirmhkolmanVIPDined on 6/10/2014Six of us went before a show at US Airways Center. We were served promptly and it was an easy walk to the show. But more importantly, the food was excellent. The sandwiches are gone, but the $22 for any entree is great and they were all prepared well and were very tasty. The fish was especially good. Very pleasant experience overallSpecial Features:
- Fabulous for pre-theatre diningpickyeater2Dined on 6/7/2014Took my adult grandchildren before the Disney Symphony program. With validated parking in the Sheraton and special pricing on the menu, it was a good deal. Food was excellent. Service friendly and prompt. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeat customerLee123VIPDined on 5/31/2014I have been to District several times for dinner, and it never fails to impress. The services is very attentive, but not in your face! The food was delicious and served in a nice relaxed pace. Any time I have tickets to the Phoenix Symphony or to the Theater, I will continue to go to District before the show!Special Features:
- Surprisingly high priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Very disappointing. I had seen the Happy Hour prices and hadn't realized that these were valid in the bar only. We decided to stay in the restaurant area because the entrees were $22 each. However, we didn't see the price of the beer on tap. These must have been $10 each because our total was more than $80 for two meals with two drinks each. These were beers that most other restaurants and bars charge $5 for on a daily basis. Also, the food was good and presented well but the portions were very small. I had salmon and it was definitely the smallest piece of salmon that I have ever been served. It did come with a very good asparagus risotto that deserves an honorable mention.
- slipping.....DonnaVIPDined on 5/29/2014I have been eating here since it opened and my latest experience was horrible. I was with a client who had not been here before. When his food came he politely asked "where is my salmon"? the piece he got was so small it was done in 3 bites. And it was nothing special. He ended up having to ask for bread to fill him up. My trio was blah. the chicken soup was lukewarm and the kale chopped salad was certainly not a "chopped" salad. Very disappointing. I have always enjoyed taking clients here and the food has always been fun and different, but I will be checking out new places to go to if this continues to be the normal here.Special Features:
- Delicious!PhoenixvisitorDined on 5/19/2014I visited District for the first time during restaurant week. Their staff was wonderful, the food just outstanding.Special Features:
- Perfect for theater goingnjfranVIPDined on 5/18/2014Almost always eat at District when going to downtown theater events. Never fails!Special Features:
- Brazilian VisitorsJeffDined on 5/15/2014Two Brazilian visitors and I had a fabulous dinner at District. Beef entrees were well-received; my salmon on a cedar plank was delicious. The cheese/broccoli/potato creation that accompanied the salmon was unbelievably tasty. The three of us enjoyed Cadillac margaritas, and I later enjoyed a server-recommended reposado tequila I had not heard of before. Great night. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't what I expectedJeneatsworldVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is a very attractive restaurant with average food quality. I expected this restaurant to deliver more than it did from some of the articles I had read about it. My family and I went for dinner on Mothers day and it was almost deserted. We had a reservation that we did not need. Could just be because it was Mothers Day in downtown Phoenix which was very quiet. I had the short ribs which were super tender/tasty and the stand out item among 4 dishes for the night.
- Pre theater or symphonyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Food is good. Service is excellent. Good spot before going to the theater or symphony in downtown.Special Features:
- Great place to eat pre-theaterBizGalDined on 5/3/2014We went before a Herberger performance. The food was great and the service even better. They also have a great prix fixe menu and plenty of gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for dinnerKaraDomDined on 4/26/2014Our group of 4, plus our 2 month old daughter had a great time at dinner on a Sat evening. Service was great, food was delicious and well priced. The bar was a cool place to hang out before and after we ate. The cotton candy at the end of the meal was a really fun way to end our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown AlternativecraighVIPDined on 4/25/2014A great alternative to other downtown restaurants with good food, free parking in the hotel garage, sheltered outside dining, and reasonable prices. Service was slow, but not unreasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014The atmosphere whether at lunch or dinner is very note worthy and I recommended this place to many friends and co-workers. I even had my retirement lunch there and everyone loved it. One person had never been and was very pleased with the food an atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown diningKilaDined on 4/7/2014The District's lunch menu is one of the best in the downtown Phoenix lunch time crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised to findKathyDined on 4/5/2014Pleasantly surprised to find a hotel restaurant with such excellent food and at great prices.Special Features:
- Service was excellent!ScottsdaleSmileyDined on 4/4/2014Priscilla made our experience excellent. She was busy yet greeted us with a big smile and very thorough explanation of several items. The restaurant was filled with groups yet my husband and I felt very well taken care of by her. The $22 any entree special made the dinner a terrific value. The tenderloin was terrific. Way to go Priscilla for working hard at ASU and bring an excellent waitress and an enthusiastic promoter of District. Thank you. PS. This was our first visit and first time meeting Priscilla. We would go back and ask to be in her section!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coffee Shop (ish)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Not impressed at lunch. Menu looks fabulous with most locally sourced . Food was just so so although could be fabulous if someone in the kitchen actually cared. Shrimp tacos cold and lack luster. White fish sandwich dry and overcooked. Margaritas pretty tasteless and mostly ice in the glass. Come on People......you are in a great location. Just try alittle harder!
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014The District's $9 lunch is a gem and never a disappointment! Food is consistently very good and inventive. Never a problem finding something on the menu to suit your taste on any particular day. Best thing this restaurant did and compared to other restaurants in the area, the quality and choices are wayyy up there in comparison to what you get. Portions could be considered small, but realistically, what one should eat to begin with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a bit slow for pre-concertOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2014We barely made the concert in time due to the process taking a lot longer than expected. I have only been there once, so maybe it was just that night or our server. In addition both my wife and I hate onions and just about everything on the menu has shallots, onions, leeks or some other form of onion in it. Makes the menu pretty small for us selecting the non-onion items.I would recommend this to a friend.