211 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.distilledny.com/
- Phone: (212) 601-9514
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Wednesday - 4 pm to 12 am
Thursday through Saturday - 4 pm to 2 am
Brunch Saturday - 11 pm to 3 pm
Brunch Sunday - 11 am to 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shane Lyons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Franklin Street
- Public Transit: We are located close to the 1 train at Franklin street, the A, C, E, N, Q, 6 and J trains at Canal Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available at several locations in the neighborhood. An indoor garage is located near the restaurant, directly across from Franklin Street on Greenwich Street, additionally an outdoor garage is located on the corner of North Moore & Greenwich Streets.
A word from Distilled NY
Inspired by historic American public houses that served as social anchors of towns and neighborhoods for centuries, Distilled is located in a landmarked space in the heart of Tribeca designed to create a welcoming and communal atmosphere. The menu offers a wide variety of regional American dishes as well as a beverage program that includes specialty cocktails, wine, craft beer and a selection of meads. We look forward to having you and your friends as our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Distilled NY reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (39)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014I had the best brunch here with a friend recently. We both got the biscuit covered in gravy and pork sausage. It was worth the calories in the biscuit alone. Also, like everyone says...the free popcorn they serve you is straight crack and you can't stop eating it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best wings!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014All i have to say is no matter what you order here, you have to get the wings!! Hands down the best in NYCSpecial Features:
- Nice findJamesDined on 11/7/2014Spur of the moment trip, ending with a genuine neighborhood experience at friendly and fully stocked bar and great food service. Salad and soup were full of flavor and wholesome ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wins!EatRunLoveDined on 10/30/2014Although everything was wonderful at Distilled, what prevailed was the service. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with friendly, helpful staff and that never wavered throughout the nice. I had been a number of times before the menu changed and really loved the new updates. The new "cheese and crackers" plate was a huge hit and the chicken continues to blow my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Neighborhood JointMelissaNYCDined on 10/23/2014Lively atmosphere, cool, homage to Old-NYC with the decor and fun bar scene. I had delish cucumber-lime vodka cocktail served by a cute & friendly bartender. We had a great server - very friendly and nice. They start you out with delish seasoned popcorn which is a nice touch. The food was slightly above average for us fish/veggie eaters - I had the salmon which was nicely cooked but served as a strip which was different. The Brussel sprouts were tasty and roasted but the cauliflower was served with far too much miso - it was drowning in it. Those who had the hamburger & the chicken/waffles loved their dishes. The lemon cake and the chocolate desserts were not executed well -skip 'emSpecial Features:
- Refined SimplicityWithloveweeatVIPDined on 10/18/2014Their drinks combines interesting ingredients, but are definitely tasty, and most importantly, strong! These cocktails combined with the large windows that brings in all the natural light makes a great spot for friends and family gathering, or a even a date. For our dishes, we ordered the Country Fried Duck & Waffles, which is served with a block of juicy, crispy, freshly fried duck on top of a rich and flavorful french toast style waffle, and the Franklin Burger, which is pretty much a classic American burger-buttery patty that melts in your mouth, american cheese, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce in between pretzel buns and served with tater tots and this amazing dippin' sauce that went alongside it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly as it saysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014It's a nice, buzzy, neighborhood spot. Good good, good cocktails, and friendly service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!tribecaDined on 10/16/2014Dined on a busy Thursday evening.....quite noisy, but good energy and our waitress was very attentive. We had to try the chicken wings, which were very crispy and delicious. After filling up on popcorn & wings, we decided to share a burger with the potato things (homemade tater tots). Both were excellent and we pretty much licked the plate clean.Special Features:
- Awesome comfort food and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014Just go! Sticky wings and fried duck with waffles washed down with innovative cocktails and finished it all off with a pickleback! Awesome attentive service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014Nice ambiance, service on point and the biscuits and gravy were delicious and had a spicy kick. The only negative I can say is they ran out if coffee cake and the wait was 45min.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our second experience at Distilled was somewhat disappointing, except for the service which was outstanding. This time we ordered the famous chicken wings and they are wonderful. The real negative was the hamburger, although the tots are good. The hamburger was dry and tasteless and the roll was nothing but sog. Because of such a limited menu, there is not a lot to choose from. I'll go back to the duck/waffles, but not for awhile. P.S. Great bartenders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG !!!!meekaVIPDined on 9/20/2014The wings & tater tots was delicious. I couldnt stop eating them if i wanted too , my waiter christina was such a sweetheart she kept checking in on me & my wife. Will definitely be back soon for those wingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressed with the servicejordanjpayneVIPDined on 9/19/2014I'm no expert foodie but the food is consistently great here but the stand out again and again here is the service. My wife didn't love the fish she ordered and they took that off the bill for us. Not only that but they surveyed us for our feedback and in return for our review they shared shots with us. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- decentwjninnyVIPDined on 9/18/2014nothing amazing about this place. the food was good no complaints there but the room felt very open so it felt more like a bar then it did a restaurant. good for groups, this place wouldn' be for a special occasion, would be good for a group of friendsSpecial Features:
- tater totskillertotsDined on 9/18/2014Tater tots were the best! I had no idea that tater tots could even ever be that awesome. They were this perfect rectangular shape and impeccably seasoned. Kale salad and burger were also insane.Special Features:
- JamieVIPDined on 9/5/2014always enjoyable! the wings are as good as everyone says as is the fried duck & waffles! will happily return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedpfinknycDined on 9/2/2014I had one of the best meals in months at Distille NY. The brussel sprouts are not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctltribecaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Burgers are superb and if weather permits the outdoor seating is ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeSaxmanVIPDined on 8/23/2014I rarely eat chiken wings that I haven't fried myself. However, there is something addicting about these wings. If you are not careful you will get filled up eating your wing appetizers. Lots of good salads here. The menu changes to take advantage of what's in sesaon. The duck with waffles is a standard here, but this night I tried the turducken burger which was outstanding. It was moist and flavorful and not the dried out puck I had feared. Our server was very pleasant and remembered to keep bringing us drinks. The dining room and bar are comfortable and match the character of the nieghborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wings!BeeemanDined on 8/21/2014Plain and simple... The wings here are delicious. Definitely a bit on the expensive side but it's worth it. I would come back here just for them alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great experience.vanvleck212Dined on 8/13/2014I'd been recommended to eat here by some friends and finally decided to dive into it when my dad came into town. More than worth it - the ambience and service were excellent, and the duck and waffles was to die for. One of those dishes that I would be happy to eat a couple times a week for the rest of my life.Special Features:
- FlavorFoodieCoupleDined on 8/8/2014Had the ribs and country fried duck and waffles, was not disappointed. Execution/flavors were excellent and uniquely different. Enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious twist on classicsIlove2eatVIPDined on 8/5/2014everything we ordered was delicious, the Tuna sashimi and burrata cheese to start, even the complimentary popcorn! Dinners were Salmon, "Best salmon I have eaten" to quote my friend, an experienced eater :-) I had the Lobster roll, delicately flavored with herbs, so lobster meat was so good. Wait staff was friendly attentive and helpful. Fun night!Special Features:
- SandyWDined on 8/1/2014The wings are special however after that the rest of the menu was just average.Special Features:
- Fat CityfotofemmeDined on 7/31/2014A lot of sugar and fat makes for some delicious food. Bowl of free popcorn sure to make you thirsty. Chicken wings really addictive with their thick crispy but sticky sweet coating and sprinkle of pepper. Blue cheese dip on the side to add some additional fat. Onion rings also delicious but again a thick crispy but oily coating. Duck and waffles another heart killer. We left sans dessert and uncomfortably full.Special Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Distilled NY reviews archive.
- Very GoodappreciativeNchicagoDined on 7/26/2014Would enthusiastically recommend Distilled NY. Ahi tuna and ribs were especially great and the service was excellent. Chef Shane Lyons gave us a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014I love this place...great place for any occasion. They also have some really great special drinks and Sean is an amazing Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJStoneDined on 7/23/2014Despite the fact that they air conditioning we broken on a 90 degree day, we decided to go, help them out and deal. Looked good on open table. Its big square room, high ceiling and a few levels of seating. Bar area and somewhat open kitchen in back. $14 drinks, very inventive. Good wine and beer list. The food too was good but, found it all mostly unhealthy and decadent. In some ways is very sophisticated comfort pub fare. Everyone raves about the duck and waffles, its a small dish and was ok. The ribs were tasty and different, but also soggy, nothing crisp on them and the bones dissolved and some us us stopped eating them because grossed out. Waitress very knowledgable yet wasn't always available. I'm not running back.
- not that great - disappointedEvans1mesaDined on 7/17/2014great hype brought me here. this location has had a half dozen places to eat in the last 10 yrs, nothing seems to work at this location. service was rushed, as soon as they delivered something to the table they were asking about the next course. went for the smores special and it was not good, no one at the table liked it. food had healthy options but was more trendy than good. with so many other GREAT places to eat, i cannot suggest this one.. sorry.
- FantasticoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I'm no food connoisseur but I know a good place when I eat at one. Delicious food, moderate pricing depending on your perspective - give it a shot!Special Features:
- Just wing it!MegcoDined on 7/11/2014If you go to Distilled, you must order the wings. And get the large size (10) and not the small (5). You will want to have ten -- even if you don't eat all of them during your meal, they are still really wonderful the next day. The beer selection here is worthwhile, as are the dinner entrees. My husband always has the fried duck and waffles. I like the lobster roll, the burgers (I especially like the Turducken burger) -- even the little dish of popcorn they bring to the table is creative and tasty. It's nice to sit outside in the summer, but it's a really tight space and you often feel like you're about to knock something over. We live in the neighborhood and like to take people here and go when we want to treat ourselves well.Special Features:
- Bucket listEuroincVIPDined on 7/4/2014The country fried duck with waffle and maple syrup is a dish that has to be tried at least once in your life. Really friendly staff, casual atmosphere but seriously good foodSpecial Features:
- Wow!JLG2Dined on 6/26/2014Some of the best food I've ever had! The wings are incredible, and the duck and waffles dish is amazing. The menu, on the whole, is creative without being pretentious, and everything there is familiar enough to be comfortable but different enough to whet your appetite for adventure. Steak and tuna tartare are great. Shane Lyons is a wizard!Special Features:
- Best Service in TownNorvilleDined on 6/22/2014I'll make this brief. Food Exceptional! Drinks and even anything you can come up with amazing! But most of all the service is phenomenal!! Managers Noah and Stephen are super attentive and make the whole experience so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite New American Spot in NYpickyeaterDined on 6/20/2014No complicated long menu with 100 ingredients. Just simple American food that taste great and very addictive. The day after eating at Distilled, I get that same cravingl feeling I get after eating sushi. I gotta have more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!MikaRDined on 6/17/2014Took my bf here for birthday dinner after reading good reviews. All of the food / drinks were great -- we had several types of mead, wings, ribs, fried duck & waffle, and cauliflower app. The wings were especially amazing! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindkinetictoddDined on 6/14/2014We found this place through other reviewers, but it was an awesome find. The place oozed charisma, and the food was simply amazing. The ribs literally fell off the bone, and to top it off the manager/owner came to our table and personally poured ussome bitters to go with our dessert. Overall one of the best places to eat I have been to in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The chicken Wings were excellent. Best lobster roll everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningdenniq56Dined on 6/9/2014This was our first trip to Distilled and we were thrilled! The food was awesome and service was great. The chef is from our hometown and he was delightful to to talk to and very welcoming. I had the ribs and the rub on them was fabulous. We had a party of 6 and everyone felt well fed and happy! We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Great find!CettsVIPDined on 5/31/2014I have been here twice now and enjoyed both visits. The bartenders make great craft cocktails and there is a unique choice of spirits here. There is very tasty complimentary popcorn both at the bar and at the table. My husband and I had the chicken wings appetizer and we both had burgers as our entree. All of the food was excellent. Our server was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features: