211 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.distilledny.com/
- Phone: 212-601-9514x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Wednesday - 4 pm to 12 am
Thursday through Saturday - 4 pm to 2 am
Brunch Saturday - 11 pm to 3 pm
Brunch Sunday - 11 am to 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shane Lyons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Franklin Street
- Public Transit: We are located close to the 1 train at Franklin street, the A, C, E, N, Q, 6 and J trains at Canal Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available at several locations in the neighborhood. An indoor garage is located near the restaurant, directly across from Franklin Street on Greenwich Street, additionally an outdoor garage is located on the corner of North Moore & Greenwich Streets.
A word from Distilled NY
Inspired by historic American public houses that served as social anchors of towns and neighborhoods for centuries, Distilled is located in a landmarked space in the heart of Tribeca designed to create a welcoming and communal atmosphere. The menu offers a wide variety of regional American dishes as well as a beverage program that includes specialty cocktails, wine, craft beer and a selection of meads. We look forward to having you and your friends as our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Distilled NY reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (19)hot spot (15)great for lunch (14)special occasion (12)romantic (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great wings!BeeemanDined on 8/21/2014Plain and simple... The wings here are delicious. Definitely a bit on the expensive side but it's worth it. I would come back here just for them alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great experience.vanvleck212Dined on 8/13/2014I'd been recommended to eat here by some friends and finally decided to dive into it when my dad came into town. More than worth it - the ambience and service were excellent, and the duck and waffles was to die for. One of those dishes that I would be happy to eat a couple times a week for the rest of my life.Special Features:
- FlavorFoodieCoupleDined on 8/8/2014Had the ribs and country fried duck and waffles, was not disappointed. Execution/flavors were excellent and uniquely different. Enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious twist on classicsIlove2eatVIPDined on 8/5/2014everything we ordered was delicious, the Tuna sashimi and burrata cheese to start, even the complimentary popcorn! Dinners were Salmon, "Best salmon I have eaten" to quote my friend, an experienced eater :-) I had the Lobster roll, delicately flavored with herbs, so lobster meat was so good. Wait staff was friendly attentive and helpful. Fun night!Special Features:
- SandyWDined on 8/1/2014The wings are special however after that the rest of the menu was just average.Special Features:
- Fat CityfotofemmeDined on 7/31/2014A lot of sugar and fat makes for some delicious food. Bowl of free popcorn sure to make you thirsty. Chicken wings really addictive with their thick crispy but sticky sweet coating and sprinkle of pepper. Blue cheese dip on the side to add some additional fat. Onion rings also delicious but again a thick crispy but oily coating. Duck and waffles another heart killer. We left sans dessert and uncomfortably full.Special Features:
- Very GoodappreciativeNchicagoDined on 7/26/2014Would enthusiastically recommend Distilled NY. Ahi tuna and ribs were especially great and the service was excellent. Chef Shane Lyons gave us a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014I love this place...great place for any occasion. They also have some really great special drinks and Sean is an amazing Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJStoneDined on 7/23/2014Despite the fact that they air conditioning we broken on a 90 degree day, we decided to go, help them out and deal. Looked good on open table. Its big square room, high ceiling and a few levels of seating. Bar area and somewhat open kitchen in back. $14 drinks, very inventive. Good wine and beer list. The food too was good but, found it all mostly unhealthy and decadent. In some ways is very sophisticated comfort pub fare. Everyone raves about the duck and waffles, its a small dish and was ok. The ribs were tasty and different, but also soggy, nothing crisp on them and the bones dissolved and some us us stopped eating them because grossed out. Waitress very knowledgable yet wasn't always available. I'm not running back.
- not that great - disappointedEvans1mesaDined on 7/17/2014great hype brought me here. this location has had a half dozen places to eat in the last 10 yrs, nothing seems to work at this location. service was rushed, as soon as they delivered something to the table they were asking about the next course. went for the smores special and it was not good, no one at the table liked it. food had healthy options but was more trendy than good. with so many other GREAT places to eat, i cannot suggest this one.. sorry.
- FantasticoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I'm no food connoisseur but I know a good place when I eat at one. Delicious food, moderate pricing depending on your perspective - give it a shot!Special Features:
- Just wing it!MegcoDined on 7/11/2014If you go to Distilled, you must order the wings. And get the large size (10) and not the small (5). You will want to have ten -- even if you don't eat all of them during your meal, they are still really wonderful the next day. The beer selection here is worthwhile, as are the dinner entrees. My husband always has the fried duck and waffles. I like the lobster roll, the burgers (I especially like the Turducken burger) -- even the little dish of popcorn they bring to the table is creative and tasty. It's nice to sit outside in the summer, but it's a really tight space and you often feel like you're about to knock something over. We live in the neighborhood and like to take people here and go when we want to treat ourselves well.Special Features:
- Bucket listEuroincVIPDined on 7/4/2014The country fried duck with waffle and maple syrup is a dish that has to be tried at least once in your life. Really friendly staff, casual atmosphere but seriously good foodSpecial Features:
- Wow!JLG2Dined on 6/26/2014Some of the best food I've ever had! The wings are incredible, and the duck and waffles dish is amazing. The menu, on the whole, is creative without being pretentious, and everything there is familiar enough to be comfortable but different enough to whet your appetite for adventure. Steak and tuna tartare are great. Shane Lyons is a wizard!Special Features:
- Best Service in TownNorvilleDined on 6/22/2014I'll make this brief. Food Exceptional! Drinks and even anything you can come up with amazing! But most of all the service is phenomenal!! Managers Noah and Stephen are super attentive and make the whole experience so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite New American Spot in NYpickyeaterDined on 6/20/2014No complicated long menu with 100 ingredients. Just simple American food that taste great and very addictive. The day after eating at Distilled, I get that same cravingl feeling I get after eating sushi. I gotta have more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!MikaRDined on 6/17/2014Took my bf here for birthday dinner after reading good reviews. All of the food / drinks were great -- we had several types of mead, wings, ribs, fried duck & waffle, and cauliflower app. The wings were especially amazing! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindkinetictoddDined on 6/14/2014We found this place through other reviewers, but it was an awesome find. The place oozed charisma, and the food was simply amazing. The ribs literally fell off the bone, and to top it off the manager/owner came to our table and personally poured ussome bitters to go with our dessert. Overall one of the best places to eat I have been to in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The chicken Wings were excellent. Best lobster roll everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningdenniq56Dined on 6/9/2014This was our first trip to Distilled and we were thrilled! The food was awesome and service was great. The chef is from our hometown and he was delightful to to talk to and very welcoming. I had the ribs and the rub on them was fabulous. We had a party of 6 and everyone felt well fed and happy! We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Great find!CettsVIPDined on 5/31/2014I have been here twice now and enjoyed both visits. The bartenders make great craft cocktails and there is a unique choice of spirits here. There is very tasty complimentary popcorn both at the bar and at the table. My husband and I had the chicken wings appetizer and we both had burgers as our entree. All of the food was excellent. Our server was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- The new TriBeCa go to spotNorvilleDined on 5/30/2014Get the wings, get the onion rings, and get a Hadley Fox cocktail. The service is so above par I would have forgotten what I are had it not been so freaking delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodienycDined on 5/28/2014Kale salad and dressing divine, and so is the duck on waffle. Wine selection first class, and service attentive and very friendly. However, a/c was blasting beyond acceptable levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this spot for brunch!KrisVIPDined on 5/18/2014Distilled was so great to have brunch with a group of friends on Sunday. The food selection is unique and delicious and the drinks are great too! The staff was so friendly and helpful as well. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- fine for brunch, a bit unevenprincessnellVIPDined on 5/18/2014brunch was a bit uneven. i had a bowl of mushrooms topped with eggs and toast, and it was delicious and luxurious, and I would eat it again anytime. However, the other orders at the table were not as successful. The BLT fell apart halfway through, and the bowl of greens with eggs and toast was swimming in too much liquid, making the bottom of the bowl a bit unpleasant. drinks were fine. had more of a bar atmosphere, and i would try this again in the evening sometime. service was good.
- Never fails to impressSheritaDined on 5/17/2014I love this place!! The cocktails are always super creative and the food has a really unique approach to comfort food. You wont find these dishes in your mother's chicken! I literally have almost had everything on the menu.. never have been disappointed.Special Features:
- Not impressedMizFuDeDined on 5/12/2014Food lacked flavor. Dessert was horrendous.... Sous chef was obnoxiously screaming orders
- Good but was betterDariDinesDined on 5/11/2014We've dined at Distilled 4 times. I recall really liking it a lot the first couple of times. Then the past 2 times, seems like there's been a noticeable decline. It's still good, and in a neighborhood that really lacks affordable dining options, its above average but i believe management needs a good kick in the butt. The first few months the place was jumping' couldn't get in. More recently, it's quieted down. You can definitely walk-in for brunch. Recommended: the bloody Mary's, Burgers and Duck and waffles (heavy but tasty) Not recommended: salmon egg scramble, poached eggs and greens. Staff was about average in attentiveness. The music was really terrible last time -- 80's movie theme songs -- probably the ultimate deal breakerSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchljohnDined on 5/11/2014I came here from mother's day and it was wonderful. Luckily it was a nice day so we were able to sit outside. All the food was great, but I would say my favorite was the fried duck and french toast waffles. I will definitely be coming backSpecial Features:
- The following 111 reviews are from the Distilled NY reviews archive.
- the everything of everythingiEatEverythingDined on 4/22/2014This was the best meal out a restaurant that I have had in ages. I brought my friends along for the ride, they'd never been but I have many times. They absolutely loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- true gastropub with classlerongettinglargerDined on 4/20/2014the crew over at Distilled are amazing. the food is simple and sophisticated. very palate pleasing and deliciously flavored. i've been to this place close to a dozen times and it keeps getting better every time.Special Features:
- So hospitable & delicious!!!maryDined on 4/17/2014All of the food we had was amazing (liver mousse, wings, country fried duck & waffles)! I would order any of them again. Our waitress, Julia, was so friendly and gave the best recommendations! And the owners Stephen & Exec Chef Shane were so hospitable and welcoming. We'll definitely be coming back for the chef's table or just to have another amazing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experince!!JaRockDined on 4/11/2014This is one of my new favorite places in the city. I had the honor of sitting at the Chefs Bar and Chef Shane was amazing! Great food and very entertaining to watch. The chicken wings are off the charts good!! Can't wait until the sauce is available at local grocery. The duck and waffle was also a big hit. Great flavors and great presentation! This is a no-brainer... You must try this place. You will be glad that you did!! Cocktails were also amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAshleyDined on 4/7/2014The wings were absolutely delicious... and the duck and waffles were an interesting combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Most of the food is great - the free popcorn that's refilled as many times as you want is addictive, we had at least three bowls. We got a bunch of appetizers and shared, and most were excellent. If you're looking for hot wings, you will be disappointed by their wings. They're weirdly candied. The beer selection is excellent, and the bartenders are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a casual dinnerjennyVIPDined on 4/5/2014Very interesting menu. Food was good, not great, but good. Service was friendly but a little off. Our server asked if we wanted more popcorn and we said yes but never received. Has to ask the bus boy to find the server when we needed the check. She was very friendly but again off. Beer selection was nice and had really good tap beer.Special Features:
- Really nice experience!patsblueundiesDined on 4/4/2014Friday night dinner. Super cool drinks, very eclectic and fun. Obviously busy for a Friday night so be prepared for a little extra wait for service - certainly not a detractor from the experience. Be there with friends or someone you want to talk with personally and it's perfect. Interesting wings and Duck Burger (in a good way). Go, have fun and enjoy!Special Features:
- Loved this restaurantKtlilyDined on 4/2/2014We were staying in TriBeCa and booked ahead for this restaurant. We were glad we did because the restaurant was very busy and deservedly so. We arrived quite a bit earlier than our reservation time but it was no problem to sit down earlier. The service was very friendly and the team were very knowledgeable about both the food and the wine, even telling us what the ingredients were in the yummy wings. The food was delicious and the wine list full of interesting American small vineyard wines. Delicious Chardonnay from Strawberry Ridge in Connecticut. Chicken wings to share, Scallops and Porgy as entrees - all very good. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like alcohol in my cocktailsLoveToEatNeverCookVIPDined on 3/27/2014This place has a great vibe (hip, youthful, great decor), good service (super friendly, there when you want them). Food is really good (although my friend thought the wings were overrated). Very creative and delicious cocktail menu. I was enjoying myself and my drinks so much that I kept drinking well beyond my 2 drink limit. Then after we left I noticed I didn't feel a thing (I'm a total lightweight and usually feel one drink and have a real buzz on after 2). Seriously nothing. This has never happened before. I felt like I should write them a thank you note the next morning when I had no hangover (again usually just 2 drinks requires 2 Advil). But at $14 a pop, I also want a refund.Special Features:
- My neighborhood go-to spotatb20Dined on 3/21/2014Love this place. They've got tasty, interesting food, but they also have some of the friendliest people working there... a rare combination in Tribeca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.