56 Edwards Village Bld # 230
Edwards, CO 81632Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatdrinkdish.com/
- Phone: 9709263433
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Happiest Hour Tuesday-Saturday 5:00pm to 6:25pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Veronica Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from dish restaurant
dish highlights a globally influenced menu using local, organic farmers' and ranchers' goods, prepared with the highest level of respect and talent. We believe in the synergy between what you eat and what you drink. Our integrity lies in every cocktail being concocted with fresh squeezed juices, and innovative libations that have a huge impact on your palate. Our wine list and cocktail list are ever changing and seasonal. There is story of trust, friendship, and connection behind every bite and every sip you take. The menu is priced with experimentation and adventurous palates in mind! dish is a "deceptively simple innovative dining experience"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
dish restaurant - Best Restaurants in Edwards ›
dish restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great service and creative menu!SandyDined on 8/19/2014Scott, our waiter was outstanding and gave us wonderful advice as to ordering from the creative menu. Brussel sprout appetizer, veal and pasta with mushroom and steak with pesto and spaghetti squash were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something's ChangedjeanniekVIPDined on 7/29/2014My go-to neighborhood gem! Disappointed last 2 visits. Signature truffle popcorn didn't seem fresh & little truffle flavor. Menu had shrunk. Food was ok..not great. On the plus side nick's service was friendly. Drink selection innovative & fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014We have made Dish a regular dinner spot during our summer visits to beautiful Beaver Creek. This time was no different than before. Great service by our waiter Nick, incredible food and another successful dining treat from Dish!Special Features:
- A few suggestionsluv2dineDined on 7/17/2014Couldn't find Dish online when searched "Edwards restaurants" may be loosing business because of this. When we arrived at the street level it appeared to be closed, a sign on the door downstairs would be helpful and maybe result in walk-in business. Menu is confusing, once in the restaurant our server did a great job of explaining. However, people review menus online before making a reservation and if it's not clear maybe you are loosing potential customers who would love your food. Our meal was great and our server was very charming and willing, I hope these suggestions help Dish to enjoy recognition and success.Special Features:
- always a good option for me!SolidperformerVIPDined on 7/11/2014I dine here about once a month and am never disappointed. Great welcome, friendly bar staff, great popcorn, wonderful wine list, super menu, w/ small and large plate options and the service is always consistent.Special Features:
- Seen better (and friendlier) days..MtnMrsVIPDined on 7/9/2014The menu is incomprehensible, the service was surly, prices are high and the food was mediocre. Asked what the "vail" steak was and was told "it's not really steak. You should probably order something else" with no mention of what the dish actually is. Asked about a glass of white wine and was offered only one variety choice. Asked to sub a side dish and was told it "wouldn't be an appropriate change" in a tome of contempt. We felt like we were having a debate, not placing an order. All this in an almost empty restaurant on what should have been a busy summer evening. We're locals and we used to like Dish for a change-up from the more traditional. Things have changed...and not in a good way.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014The Tomato and mozzarella tower small dish is outstanding, the brussel sprouts were a close 2nd. Both of our entrees were good, the meat parts of the dish were overcooked. The service was very good. One of our servers was new and she was extremely attentive to our needs throughout the meal.Special Features:
- always spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2014dish restaurant is our "happy place"! the new menu items like olathe corn soup and the watermelon pepper feta salad and berry pavlova were spectacular. our server Nick was personable, knowledgable and satisified every need, without being over bearing. we enjoyed a wonderful bottle of greek red wine recommended that we normally would have never tried before. after 8 years dish is still our favorite and we can't rave enough about it. Go soon and often!Special Features:
- SlippingMundVIPDined on 6/24/2014I have been a huge Dish fan since the day it opened but unfortunately I feel like it is slipping. The creativity around the food is not what it used to be, and the service just isn't as caring or friendly. I hope they can lift their game and get back to where they used to be.
- The following 277 reviews are from the dish restaurant reviews archive.
- Off Season Special!Mountaingirl1Dined on 5/3/2014I love the five course off season special for $25. It was sooo delicious!!Special Features:
- We have returned several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2014We have returned several times and have always been pleased. Many dishes have very innovative and tasty combinations of ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Experience in EdwardsEricVIPDined on 2/25/2014dish is a fantastic dinner experience and one that everyone should try in the Eagle-Vail area. We found out about it in the one of the Vail dinning magazines and it was well worth the trip over to Edwards. The restaurant is well laid out with a few different areas including a cool bar and seating area. There's also a fun seating area right along the open kitchen. Finally, there's a more standard, but modern dining are in the back that has great views of the town and mountains. The food and service were were both excellent. Just order a bunch of plates and be adventurous. It's a lot of fun.Special Features:
- An enjoyable surprise!LouantiguaDined on 2/24/2014Recommended by our property manager, we walked into this buzzy bar, and after a slightly surly welcome, it just got better and better. Our waiter suggested some starters and all were great, so he became our best friend! The chef I fell in love with, with some really unusual combinations that really workedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- such funGallopingGourmetDined on 2/21/2014I was late getting reservations and we decided to sit at the "counter" overlooking the kitchen. Such fun watching the animated chefs preparing the delicious meals. Menu a fusion of tapas and main dishes from Asia to Louisiana. The scallops (small entree, you have a choice of larger or smaller) were delicious and we shared the tempura cauliflower and roasted brussel sprouts (great according to my friends, you cannot do anything to those to make me like them)......the salad with eggs and the pad thai shrimp got super reviews by my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missFoodieKCDined on 2/21/2014Table of four... Two were happy with their meals. Good selection overall except you can't substitute your sides. I really wanted the steak but wasn't allowed to do something other than sweet potato fries. Ahi tuna appetizer was great and so were the brussel sprouts. Definitely don't recommend the Cod ( noodles lacked flavor) or the squid fettuccine (these noodles also lacked flavor).Special Features:
- Dish Restaurant,Edwards,ColauramagDined on 2/1/2014Difficult to find yet easy parking. Interesting menu which they fully explain patiently how it works. Everything was very delicious and different. The Sprouts appetizer was overly based with too much "salty soy",yet we finished it all. great personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always gets better and betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2014We look forward to dining at dish 2 to 3 times on our week at Beaver Creek..and all three times were amazing! Standouts were of course the cocktails..especially the passion fruit exlixir and the shiny apple. our server Tiffany was wonderful, spaced out all the courses perfectly and allowed us to dine as we wanted..we shared appetizers and salads and each had our own entree. dish was super busy in January which was great to see. We also loved the scallops, and the artic char presentations. Everyething was wonderful and we will be dreaming of our dinner for the next year until we return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!PhattyMattyDined on 1/1/2014Everything we had was excellent. Give it a try, you'll find something you'll like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAwesomeVIPDined on 12/14/2013We had eaten here last winter & loved the food, the drinks, ambiance & service. We went back with friends this past dec 2013 h& had mediocre service. Drinks were still great but the food was awful. Two of us ordered the duck confit which was almost too salty to eat, the lamb chops were so over cooked my husband could hardly cut them. And one person ordered the fish which had no flavor & it sat on mushy veggies with no flavor. We won't be going back & that's unfortunate because we thought we had found a neighborhood gem last winter.
- Great and fun!mtngirlDined on 10/18/2013We had a great time at Dish! The food was fantastic, our waitress was superb. Creative dishes with a flair!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencemountainloverDined on 9/24/2013Menu a little hard to understand. The Happy Hour pricing was great, but my main course was a little pricey. I would have liked to have had a little more privacy in the seating arrangement. The were eight of us and it was hard to visit with everyone the way we were seated. A round table would have been nice. Other than this the aver all experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food saved the day!sadtosayDined on 9/11/2013We have been to Dish and looked forward to taking our friends recently. The food was as tasty and creative as we remembered, but the excellent, professional service we received on our first visit was gone. We had several courses and had to ask for new silverware with each or did not get it. Once we picked it up ourselves off an adjacent table. The food was innovative but often we did not know exactly what we were eating becuase there was not explanation when it was delivered. Waitress forgot we had odered a bottle of wine so it came late. The really poor service could have ruined our evening if we had let it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, fresh flavors aboundCodyDined on 9/11/2013Food highlights: Spinach fettucini with calamari - incredibly tender calamari with flavorful, rich, deep green spinach fettucini Ahi poke: Lovely fish qualit; simple clean flavor of the light citrus marinade Black cod with miso glaze: Melts in your mouth Roasted brussel sprouts: Sorry I had to share the bowl. Even if you hate brussel sprouts - which I do - you will love these Only miss of the evening was the overly salty kale caesar salad. With alacrity, it was taken away and quickly replaced with the roasted beet salad - another flavorful hit Chocolate flourless cake with sea salt caramel: Small, but four of us split it and were ecstatic with the final rich mouthfuls of chocolate sitting on a tiny sticky pool of caramel - divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to have to leave theKerbVIPDined on 8/22/2013Sorry to have to leave the Valley. We will be back next summer and for sure be back to Dish. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to Dish for happy hourLocalFirstDinnerDined on 8/16/2013I go to Dish for happy hour a lot and love it; however, dinner was mediocre and overpriced for the quality of food presented. Was not terribly impressed by anything except the shrimp entree.Special Features:
- What a super suprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2013We just moved to the Vail Valley from Brooklyn, and we found our dining "home" at dish. The cocktails are innovative and on trend with NYC. We loved the swizzles! The food is very fresh and INTERESTING and not overly composed and pompous. Nothing was fussy, and the chanterelle mushroom with the steak and garlic pudding were amazing. This is our new go to in the valley. Happy we found dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit at the bar and watch theLocalVIPDined on 8/14/2013Sit at the bar and watch the kitchen work. Love to mix and match the food - tastes and countries.Special Features:
- Great shrimp curry! LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2013Great shrimp curry! Loved waitress Laurie. Lots of fun and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatA1inLVVIPDined on 7/22/2013Dish is always great, never do we have a bad meal, food is so good and so interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had high hopes for DishOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2013I had high hopes for Dish based on the reviews, but it was not to be. The resaurant was extremely noisy so that I had to shout to the person across the table. The food was pretty good, not great, and quite pricy for the portions. To be fair, the style of eating made it difficult to make an accurate assessment i.e. passing the plates around. That trend just makes me tired. In fact, the whole meal was exhausting and I couldn't wait to leave.
- We liked Dish very much. TheKanzashiDined on 7/13/2013We liked Dish very much. The food was excellent. The Asian shrimp and Brussels sprouts were stand outs . We were a group of eleven and the staff struggled with getting our food and drinks to us at the same time. Glasses of wine and mixed drinks showed up sporatically. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2013This place keeps getting better every time I visit it.Special Features:
- International VarietyTonyVIPDined on 7/11/2013Food here is outstanding with a small plate format that allows you to sample food from around the world. We went through most of the highlights of the limited menu in a single night so unless the menu is changed we would not likely return very soon. Excellent service and a nice room. Ambiance spoiled by the occasional tendency of the chef who was yucking it up with some friends eating at the bar near her to let out with frequent belly laughs that pierced the air and interrupted quiet conversation.Special Features:
- They can now make a greatRedstreakVIPDined on 7/10/2013They can now make a great Sazerac, just like in New Orleans....ask for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLovedishDined on 7/5/2013I love dish, always have and they did not disappoint. The tasting menu is the way to go if you can get it. Leave the decisions up to the chef and just enjoy the ride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service the 2nd time around!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2013First visited the restaurant April '12 and had a wonderful experience all-around. Just dined there again 7/5 and were left wondering what happened. Our server was awful. The restaurant wasn't fully staffed (2 servers w/one person helping clear tables) and server had 6-7 tables. That was only half the problem. Her customer service was awful. She left our finished appetizer plate on the table 30 minutes after it was empty. She also left the huge wine list on the table the ENTIRE meal. The food took forever to come out of the kitchen and decided to place the blame elsewhere. We wanted to have dessert but decided to just ask for our check and go somewhere else. Food was also mediocre this time around. Will not be back.
- Excellent! Organic healthyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2013Excellent! Organic healthy food! I will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish has a uniquely organizedblocalVIPDined on 6/27/2013Dish has a uniquely organized menu, allowing you to choose among courses from many types of cuisine. We found the appetizers and salads to be great, but the main courses did not meet our expectations...especially for the price point. The staff is fabulous.
- Best dinner of 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2013I know it's only half over, but this was the most amazing dinner of 2013. The food was amazing, I can't stop thinking about the garlic custard with the "vail steak" and the blue-barb tart. And when I asked for the custard recipe it was sent to me a day later, how's that for follow through. We did the wine flight and I was delighted by the selections, all new and interesting. I had yet to try Pedro Jiminez or mondues varieties and loved both. Get to dish as soon as you can..a GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night DealHappyDInerDined on 5/29/2013Our evening at dish was perfect in every way. The off-season $25 5-course chef's tasting menu was divine, diverse and delicious. Fabulous wine recommendation by Scoie. And Chef Veronica puts it all out there - teasing your tastebuds with off-beat combinations of ingredients and spices that you'd never dream up at home. Five stars!! Thank you dish!Special Features: