Dish on Market
434 West Market Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Dish on Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dishonmarket.com/
- Phone: 5023150669
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, 5:00PM - 10:00PM, Monday: 5:00 - 8:00PM
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Cindy Cooper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: visit www.dishonmarket.com
- Private Party Facilities: Dish has three separate room that can accommodate up to 60 in two adjoining rooms or 20 - 30 in one.
- Private Party Contact: Anderson Grissom 5023150669
A word from Dish on Market
Dish on Market is Downtown Louisville's home of Brunch seven days a week and Prime Rib served eleven different ways. With small plates ranging from Reuben won tons to house made hummus and fresh salads from Cobb to Greek, you're sure to find something for everyone. Dish has some outstanding signatures such as Fish and Chips, The Dish Burger, and Shrimp and Grits. Locally owned with an emphasis on high quality local cuisine at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Dish on Market - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Dish on Market reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (19)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hidden Gem in Downtown LouisvilleApplesauceVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were looking for a good restaurant in the Louisville area at around 8PM. We found the Dish On Market to try. When we walked in, we weren't too impressed. The decor was average and the restaurant seemed empty. However, the staff was wonderful. We were greeted at the door and shownn to our seats. The waiter was quick to bring us two glasses of water before we even looked at the menu. We ordered the fried pickles after looking at the menu. They were amazingly thick and crispy. With amazing sauce. I ordered the Malibu Chicken sandwich, which was absolutely amazing and unique. My boyfriend ordered their signature burger and couldn't stop raving about it. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore. We loved the food, and the service wa amazing!Special Features:
- Acceptable quality for the priceRandyDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere is nice, the food tasted good but isn’t anything really special about it over all. I've got one beef, though. I set up reservations; it was one of many stops for an anniversary. I set up the reservation for the simple fact that there would be a note on file that I wanted a more secluded booth with a lit candle on the table. I even called a week in advance and made sure this could be done. When I got there I told them my name and said I had a reservation. The girl I spoke to just said “Oh that’s great just sit over here.” Not secluded at all, no lit candle. Just another couple walking in off the street. I didn’t want to blow my cover or cause a scene so I just let it be but it irked me a lot.Special Features:
- Nice Louisville Spot:Dish On MarketJimmyMacVIPDined on 8/18/2014We're grateful OpenTable offered Dish on Market as a selection for lunch in Louisville. Very good food coupled with kind, attentive service. Tried the fried pickled appetizer - tasty! I was in Kentucky so I enjoyed fried chicken and it was among the best I've ever tasted. My companion enjoyed a very fresh and delicious avocado chicken club sandwich. My only criticism of restaurant is condition of dining room - upstairs where we enjoyed our lunch, the dark carpet needed a cleaning. Old photographs hung on brink wall in shabby frames did not enhance the room and distracts from an otherwise outstanding food presentation. Everything but the ambience gets a top rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best giant browniesesingletonDined on 8/16/2014Some friends & I were in town for a concert at the Yum Center & found this place on my search in Open Table. It's a quaint little place & we even got to meet the owner who is very friendly & helpful. The food was really good, we shared fried pickles which were so good. I had a burger for dinner & we split the best brownie ever! It was a fun place & I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very kind staff & kid friendlyeatingwithababyDined on 8/9/2014I went to Dish with my 3 week old son and the staff was amazingly kind. They sat us where there was room for my stroller. No one treated me like a pariah for dining with a baby. Both restrooms have large changing areas too. Besides this the brunch buffet was great and expansive. My husband had a made to order omelet from Carl and loved it. I'd love to go back for lunch or dinner someday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsweetpotatofriesDined on 8/2/2014I loved the variety of food to choose from. The avocado chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what it claimsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Great food at unbelievably prices. The check amount was so affordable that I picled up the tab for our entire table of 4. Thanks for making me look good since I reccomended the location for our semi annual breakfast together.Special Features:
- 1:00 Late LunchSarahDined on 7/16/2014A cow-worker and I went for lunch around 1:00, downtown was still pretty busy. We had to wait only about 5 minutes for our table, we only have an hour break. We were expecting to run a little bit over with how busy it was. We both ordered and it came out within 10 minutes. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had! The fries were just mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish on MarketNickBDined on 7/11/2014We were pleasantly surprised, the location is not the greatest but the food was very good & the service was good. They weren't very busy but it was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Groupon findKluvdineDined on 7/2/2014A wonderful surprise & memorable find...the best fried chicken in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch, shotty service...MpmaloneDined on 6/27/2014Had lunch here with family. Nice lunch menu with unique, yet affordable dishes. Excellent dill pickle chips! Very good house made Bloody Mary! Pretty good beer selection. Large bourbon selection. Wife enjoyed her curried chicken salad sandwich on pretzel roll. House vinaigrette is very good. Only downside was that it's very quiet inside, and the servers were a bit strange, slow, and not terribly great at their jobs... Would probably not return, except for the fried dill pickles...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Good food for a good price. Have been for Brunch and Dinner, both were good and have a variety of unique items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/17/2014My wife and I both got different speciality burgers and they were very good. Its typical bar food with a wide range of craft beers. Everything was reasonably priced. Service was very good. We had a very nice waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Was going to concert at Yum and wanted to eat in walking distance. Tried Dish and it was great. Service was very good and everyone there was friendly. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good, not GreatTimDVIPDined on 6/15/2014This was a last minute stop for dinner while visiting Louisville. Worth it, but slow and felt dirty. Could certainly use a deep clean to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Dated.WindydaymomDined on 6/15/2014The food was mediocre, the ambiance was lacking, the restaurant needs a serious update. It is in the old Delta Lounge location, and quite honestly the food at Delta was better. We did the brunch buffet and were very disappointed. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Great affordable foodjgrady502Dined on 6/14/2014My wife and I made reservations after a horse buggy ride downtown celebrating our 1 year anniversary. We've dined at Dish before so we knew what Dish had to offer but we wanted to try out new things on the menu. I had the 3 piece fried chicken, my wife had the hot brown. Our food was delicious. Our server checked in on us periodically but wasn't a nuisance. I definitely would recommend this place to anyone who asks for a great place to eat in Downtown Louisville.Special Features:
- Best BurgerChristineDined on 6/12/2014I could not believe how good my burger at DISH was! I literally passed it around the table. I still think about it...Special Features:
- DinnerChickenDinnerDined on 6/10/2014Hostess & servers were very friendly but we had to wait quite awhile for food to come out. When it did, green beans & potatoes were too cold to eat & not very tasty. Fried chicken was very good & hot.Special Features:
- Urban Bourbon Trailtrailblazer1Dined on 6/6/2014This was our first visit to Dish on Market. We wanted to visit a new restaurant to celebrate a birthday and an anniversary. We found Dish on Market while reviewing the Urban Bourbon Trail online. The Bourbon offering was extensive and the menu was diverse with many choices. We booked the table online and we had no wait when we arrived. We sampled various Bourbons with our appetizers and enjoyed a wonderful Friday night dinner experience. The food was very good and so was our server. The place was packed with people. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I reserved a table for 15, we wound up having 20 and the staff had no problems accomendating seating. The management was outstanding when coming to reserving. Our group had limited time, so we were able to send in our order a head of time, and didn't you know it, they had the food hot and ready when we we arrived. This was my first experience with this facility and i would highly recommend them to everyone! I cannot wait to go back and enjoy their wine menu! :)Special Features:
- Good,will be better with new menusThomasDined on 6/3/2014One big flaw. The menu were nearly illegible. Light grey and gold printing on beige background. Waiter knew it was a problem and said they are being reprinted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathrynKathrynVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wait staff handled large group smoothly. Could not have been more patient with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRaedwa01Dined on 5/27/2014The wait staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting dishes. Food was great. Only small complaint was lack of refills on water for some at out table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor DinningATL44Dined on 5/25/2014I would not recommend this restarant. We had Sunday brunch and both service and food were poor. Only bright spot was omelet. Buffet was out of food and not replenished. Had to wait for 45 minutes for non-buffet item.
- Good food, slow serviceLmsgesDined on 5/24/2014We went on a Saturday eveningat 8pm. It was my husband, daughter , friend and myself. My husband thought that the fried chicken was the best, moist and crunchy I had the blackbean soup which was pretty bland- no taste, no spices. The girls had the veggie burger and salad and they thought it was pretty good, the service was slow, after we were seated , it took about 4-5 minutes before the waiter came with the menus or water. , we would come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was wonderful. The service was good but a little slow. It was mother's day so understandable. The only thing I would have changed is the noise level of the entertainment. The singer was good but way too loud. Have your entertainer be background music, not the main entertainment. This will help to keep the overall noise level in your restaurant down because people will not have to raise their voices to be heard at their tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Went to Mother's Day Brunch here with our two kids. The food on the buffet was excellent and we enjoyed the live music. We have been here for dinner previously as well. This restaurant is a great "date night" place for when you want grown up time but was also very kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a louisville favoriteloovilledinerDined on 5/11/2014A great local place, our new favorite in downtown Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starting with dessert first.PaulincAshburnVIPDined on 5/9/2014Fantastic Derby Pie for dessert, even if it was a little small - it was great! Good comfort food, with excellent fried chicken and my first Hot Brown - which I loved. I ordered the Mornay sauce on the side, but it was so good I ended up drenching the Hot Brown with it - just perfect!Special Features:
- The following 192 reviews are from the Dish on Market reviews archive.
- Downtown DiningAridecDined on 5/4/2014My husband and I were looking for a new spot for brunch and came upon dish. The atmosphere was very well done with exposed brick and historical photos. The food was excellent!! My husband had the buffet and I kept stealing perfectly cooked bacon from his plate! My eggs Benedict were had very balanced flavored and the roasted potatoes were outstanding. Great service, great food. We will definitely be back to try the dinner menu! So glad we know about this delicious find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deceptive Online MenuDinerGalDined on 5/3/2014One positive thing is that we were able to get a table even though we were late for our res. It was Kentucky Derby Weekend & we were told 8:00 would be good but there is no way to stay for the races & deal with the traffic & get to a restaurant by 8pm. Anyway, there was PLENTY of tables open when we got there. The menu was more like 1/3 of what shows online. When I questioned this, I was told this was their Kentucky Derby menu. When I called & made the res & again to confirm the res....this little detail was not mentioned at all. That was very disappointing b/c there was ALOT less on the menu to choose from. The atmosphere was not that great. The tables are what you would find in a cheap diner....not as nice as we were hoping.
- Great experience!YummmmmmmmmDined on 5/2/2014Dined at Dish on Market during a recent trip to Louisville for the Derby. Great, friendly service and the food was OUTSTANDING. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!Cynthia59VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great food! Great service! Great atmosphere! Kentucky Oaks night (for non-Louisvilians that means they were really busy) and they nailed the entire experience!Special Features:
- Local flareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014Good food, good service. Several original menu items with local flare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014The service was just ok, not too attentive wait staff. The salad was limp and tasteless and the meal was just ok. Have had way better. It was a disappointing dining experience
- Nice people, disappointing foodJenOhioDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I went there because of the great reviews but our meals were just ok. Started with the fried pickles, those were excellent. We both got ribeyes. They were cooked wrong and didn't come with all the toppings the menu stated. No tobacco onions, no bourbon glaze. Just steak on a heap of lukewarm mashed potatoes that were half mashed.
- Dish on MarketkarlapDined on 4/13/2014Lots of great food options with enough to share. Loved the building and ambience and it's a great option when downtown for events to have a nice sit down meal in a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!HungryguyDined on 4/6/2014Close to the Yum Center. Pleasant atmosphere with excellent service. Food is tasty and arrives quickly. (Important on event nights at the Yum.) Weekend brunch is extensive and good with a reasonable price. Try it and you will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!CardsfanfromoutoftownDined on 4/6/2014Menu was solid, service was good! Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.