Dish on Market
434 West Market Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Dish on Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dishonmarket.com/
- Phone: (502) 315-0669
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, 5:00PM - 10:00PM, Monday: 5:00 - 8:00PM
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Cindy Cooper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: visit www.dishonmarket.com
- Private Party Facilities: Dish has three separate room that can accommodate up to 60 in two adjoining rooms or 20 - 30 in one.
- Private Party Contact: Anderson Grissom 5023150669
A word from Dish on Market
Dish on Market is Downtown Louisville's home of Brunch seven days a week and Prime Rib served eleven different ways. With small plates ranging from Reuben won tons to house made hummus and fresh salads from Cobb to Greek, you're sure to find something for everyone. Dish has some outstanding signatures such as Fish and Chips, The Dish Burger, and Shrimp and Grits. Locally owned with an emphasis on high quality local cuisine at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Dish on Market - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Dish on Market reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The service was great. Breakfast was good. I had the market breakfast and it was filling.Special Features:
- Nice Findcndirector1Dined on 11/17/2014I was on business in Louisville and was looking for somewhere with homestyle foods and that flavor of Louisville. I decided on Dish on Market and wasn't disappointed. Started with the Fried Pickles and a Kentucky Cosmo, both were excellent. Since I'm on a quest to find the best Fried Pickles in the US I would rate these as a 5 out of 5. Lightly breaded, not overly greasy and served with a flavorful aioli. For dinner I selected the meatloaf topped with bacon and sliced broiled tomatoes!! Great!!! The mashed potatoes were 'real' and very tasty on a bitter cold night! I got dessert to go - brownie which I enjoyed in my hotel room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a brunch placeHungryDined on 11/9/2014Host was rude, service was very slow, kitchen was even slower, food hadn't been heated and was dried out, I think it was from the prior day. Very disappointed for brunch. It is wonderful and outstanding for lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- Bourbon LoversScottish1Dined on 11/7/2014Have visited this restaurant several times. Always a great experience. Impressive bourbon menu. Nice variety in the menu. Never a bad meal.Special Features:
- DipseajoeDined on 11/7/2014I have used Dish on Market many times as a pre event place to gather with friends. The service is always excellent, and for the price, the food and drink are the best value that I am ware of in downtown Louisville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had a business lunch for 9 people and it was great! The food was good and most of us were first time customers. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Good service, good food. Nothing over the top, though.Special Features:
- Disappointing brunchOlitaDined on 10/25/2014Dish was recommended to me by a local, but I was disappointed. First, two servers came by to take drink orders, etc. I always find it weird when that happens...Instead of the brunch buffet, which wasn't fully stocked for some reason when we went to check it out, my dining companion and I both ordered from the menu. We ordered Benedict dishes, but the server we didn't order from brought mine out without the seasoning on top. The hollandaise on both dishes seemed cheesy and really weird, almost like Nacho cheese. The meal was adequate if it were the only option in town...but there are other options in town.Special Features:
- ItsPickleDined on 10/4/2014We sat in the booth in the bar area and shortly after we arrived, two guys and two gals came in...mid 20's, somewhat on the intoxicated side and were sat in the booth right next to ours. They were so loud and every other word was the four letter word f**k. I asked if we could be moved as I was having to talk over them to even talk to the person I was with. Our Server could not have been more gracious and we were moved to the room next to the bar. We could still hear them, but believe me, nothing like it was sitting next to them. The Manager must have said something to them or asked them to leave because we no longer heard them after being in the new dining spot 10 minutes later. Very enjoyable dinner. And very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a relaxed atmosphereartgirlDined on 10/3/2014They had a good selection of items and a comfortable atmosphere. The food was great, and the service was attentive and outstanding!Special Features:
- MehChickPeaDined on 10/3/2014Just okay. I had the black bean burger, my friend had a beef burger. I was expecting something more gourmet. Bun was nothing special, fries were good but also very average. Wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Great brunch! Friendly service!MR00VIPDined on 9/28/2014We went to Sunday brinch and loved it. The entire staff was super friendly and the food was wonderful! It is also on the Urban Bourbon Trail. Reasonable prices. We highly recimmend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Lovely foodMiranBDined on 9/27/2014Came here with my groomsmen pre-wedding and had a superb time. Thanks to all there for making it so easy.Special Features:
- 09/29/114KARDEDined on 9/25/2014NOISE LEVEL IS HIGH SERVICE WAS ON THE SLOW SIDESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homey ComfortOooohLALADined on 9/13/2014Dish on Market is a great place to go if you want good comfort food and a quiet place to actually have a conversation! I had the fried chicken. It was moist and crispy. Mashed potatoes and country green beans completed the meal. Modest prices. Good service and a basic, old fashioned neighborhood atmosphere right in chic downtown. An excellent find!Special Features:
- Amazing service!BestServiceInLouisvilleDined on 9/8/2014Not only was our food excellent, Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive to our needs. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was dirtyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We entered the glass front doors which were smeared with fingerprints. Right then I knew we were in trouble. The place reeked of an old dirty urinal. There was no way I would eat in there.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in Downtown LouisvilleApplesauceVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were looking for a good restaurant in the Louisville area at around 8PM. We found the Dish On Market to try. When we walked in, we weren't too impressed. The decor was average and the restaurant seemed empty. However, the staff was wonderful. We were greeted at the door and shownn to our seats. The waiter was quick to bring us two glasses of water before we even looked at the menu. We ordered the fried pickles after looking at the menu. They were amazingly thick and crispy. With amazing sauce. I ordered the Malibu Chicken sandwich, which was absolutely amazing and unique. My boyfriend ordered their signature burger and couldn't stop raving about it. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore. We loved the food, and the service wa amazing!Special Features:
- Acceptable quality for the priceRandyDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere is nice, the food tasted good but isn’t anything really special about it over all. I've got one beef, though. I set up reservations; it was one of many stops for an anniversary. I set up the reservation for the simple fact that there would be a note on file that I wanted a more secluded booth with a lit candle on the table. I even called a week in advance and made sure this could be done. When I got there I told them my name and said I had a reservation. The girl I spoke to just said “Oh that’s great just sit over here.” Not secluded at all, no lit candle. Just another couple walking in off the street. I didn’t want to blow my cover or cause a scene so I just let it be but it irked me a lot.Special Features:
- Nice Louisville Spot:Dish On MarketJimmyMacVIPDined on 8/18/2014We're grateful OpenTable offered Dish on Market as a selection for lunch in Louisville. Very good food coupled with kind, attentive service. Tried the fried pickled appetizer - tasty! I was in Kentucky so I enjoyed fried chicken and it was among the best I've ever tasted. My companion enjoyed a very fresh and delicious avocado chicken club sandwich. My only criticism of restaurant is condition of dining room - upstairs where we enjoyed our lunch, the dark carpet needed a cleaning. Old photographs hung on brink wall in shabby frames did not enhance the room and distracts from an otherwise outstanding food presentation. Everything but the ambience gets a top rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best giant browniesesingletonDined on 8/16/2014Some friends & I were in town for a concert at the Yum Center & found this place on my search in Open Table. It's a quaint little place & we even got to meet the owner who is very friendly & helpful. The food was really good, we shared fried pickles which were so good. I had a burger for dinner & we split the best brownie ever! It was a fun place & I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very kind staff & kid friendlyeatingwithababyDined on 8/9/2014I went to Dish with my 3 week old son and the staff was amazingly kind. They sat us where there was room for my stroller. No one treated me like a pariah for dining with a baby. Both restrooms have large changing areas too. Besides this the brunch buffet was great and expansive. My husband had a made to order omelet from Carl and loved it. I'd love to go back for lunch or dinner someday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsweetpotatofriesDined on 8/2/2014I loved the variety of food to choose from. The avocado chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 216 reviews are from the Dish on Market reviews archive.
- Exactly what it claimsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Great food at unbelievably prices. The check amount was so affordable that I picled up the tab for our entire table of 4. Thanks for making me look good since I reccomended the location for our semi annual breakfast together.Special Features:
- 1:00 Late LunchSarahDined on 7/16/2014A cow-worker and I went for lunch around 1:00, downtown was still pretty busy. We had to wait only about 5 minutes for our table, we only have an hour break. We were expecting to run a little bit over with how busy it was. We both ordered and it came out within 10 minutes. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had! The fries were just mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish on MarketNickBDined on 7/11/2014We were pleasantly surprised, the location is not the greatest but the food was very good & the service was good. They weren't very busy but it was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Groupon findKluvdineDined on 7/2/2014A wonderful surprise & memorable find...the best fried chicken in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch, shotty service...MpmaloneDined on 6/27/2014Had lunch here with family. Nice lunch menu with unique, yet affordable dishes. Excellent dill pickle chips! Very good house made Bloody Mary! Pretty good beer selection. Large bourbon selection. Wife enjoyed her curried chicken salad sandwich on pretzel roll. House vinaigrette is very good. Only downside was that it's very quiet inside, and the servers were a bit strange, slow, and not terribly great at their jobs... Would probably not return, except for the fried dill pickles...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Good food for a good price. Have been for Brunch and Dinner, both were good and have a variety of unique items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/17/2014My wife and I both got different speciality burgers and they were very good. Its typical bar food with a wide range of craft beers. Everything was reasonably priced. Service was very good. We had a very nice waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Was going to concert at Yum and wanted to eat in walking distance. Tried Dish and it was great. Service was very good and everyone there was friendly. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good, not GreatTimDVIPDined on 6/15/2014This was a last minute stop for dinner while visiting Louisville. Worth it, but slow and felt dirty. Could certainly use a deep clean to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Dated.WindydaymomDined on 6/15/2014The food was mediocre, the ambiance was lacking, the restaurant needs a serious update. It is in the old Delta Lounge location, and quite honestly the food at Delta was better. We did the brunch buffet and were very disappointed. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Great affordable foodjgrady502Dined on 6/14/2014My wife and I made reservations after a horse buggy ride downtown celebrating our 1 year anniversary. We've dined at Dish before so we knew what Dish had to offer but we wanted to try out new things on the menu. I had the 3 piece fried chicken, my wife had the hot brown. Our food was delicious. Our server checked in on us periodically but wasn't a nuisance. I definitely would recommend this place to anyone who asks for a great place to eat in Downtown Louisville.Special Features:
- Best BurgerChristineDined on 6/12/2014I could not believe how good my burger at DISH was! I literally passed it around the table. I still think about it...Special Features:
- DinnerChickenDinnerDined on 6/10/2014Hostess & servers were very friendly but we had to wait quite awhile for food to come out. When it did, green beans & potatoes were too cold to eat & not very tasty. Fried chicken was very good & hot.Special Features:
- Urban Bourbon Trailtrailblazer1Dined on 6/6/2014This was our first visit to Dish on Market. We wanted to visit a new restaurant to celebrate a birthday and an anniversary. We found Dish on Market while reviewing the Urban Bourbon Trail online. The Bourbon offering was extensive and the menu was diverse with many choices. We booked the table online and we had no wait when we arrived. We sampled various Bourbons with our appetizers and enjoyed a wonderful Friday night dinner experience. The food was very good and so was our server. The place was packed with people. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I reserved a table for 15, we wound up having 20 and the staff had no problems accomendating seating. The management was outstanding when coming to reserving. Our group had limited time, so we were able to send in our order a head of time, and didn't you know it, they had the food hot and ready when we we arrived. This was my first experience with this facility and i would highly recommend them to everyone! I cannot wait to go back and enjoy their wine menu! :)Special Features:
- Good,will be better with new menusThomasDined on 6/3/2014One big flaw. The menu were nearly illegible. Light grey and gold printing on beige background. Waiter knew it was a problem and said they are being reprinted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathrynKathrynVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wait staff handled large group smoothly. Could not have been more patient with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.