Dish n' Dat
110 Albany Tpk. Suite 700
Canton, CT 06019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dish n' Dat
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dishrestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 8606934927
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday starting at 9:00 am
Lunch and Dinner:
7 days a week starting at 11:00 am
**Breakfast items served on ALL menus**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bill Carbone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services available
- Private Party Contact: Kim Marchione 860-693-4927
- Entertainment: Live music in the bar area Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
**never a cover charge **
A word from Dish n' Dat
A modern diner that is family friendly with really good food, plenty of choices and something to make everyone happy at any time of the day or night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dish n' Dat reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Food was goodFoodiefineDined on 7/25/2014The rubs were fine, but the chicken cordon blue was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!BobbieDined on 7/6/2014Met some friends for brunch. Tasty food and good service. Outdoor dining was lovely. Met another friend later in the afternoon and liked brunch so much, we went back for a late lunch/early dinner. Way to go Dish n' Dat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodJohn39VIPDined on 6/20/2014One of our favorite places. Family friendly with a menu to please anyoneSpecial Features:
- Dat is goodvanessaDined on 5/17/2014We loved this place. We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant and seated promptly. Our server, Erica, was friendly and attentive. We had matzo ball soup and tomato bisque to start off and both were great. The chicken and brie sandwich was served on a ciabatta roll which was toasted and everything about that sandwich was superb. Chose to have the shoestring onions as the side and they were great. We also got a hamburger which was cooked perfectly. Lastly, we ordered the seasonal berry crisp which had ice cream on top. I like ice cream to melt into the crisp, but the ice cream scoop was so huge, that most of it did not melt in time. And the serving was ginormous (but good!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMomsdayDined on 5/11/2014The hight light was wait staff. Very friendly and attentive. My wife ordered a coke this big, holding her hands about a foot apart. The server brought the coke in a large wine carafe which was about a foot high. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sort of optionsBenThere2Dined on 5/8/2014True to its' ambition, Dish n' Dat is an updated take on a diner. In that vein breakfast is always available and the burgers are solid. Everything is about comfort from the food to the seating. So while it may not be you first choice for a special occasion, it is always a great meal with the family with lots of options, few duds, and even a selection of vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Dish n' Dat reviews archive.
- Fun and foodMLKMLKVIPDined on 3/15/2014This place is very unique, the service and food were terrific. I intend to be more regular I'n my visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough start, strong finishdeekinsDined on 3/9/2014When we arrived it took a long time (almost 15 minutes) for the hostess to acknowledge anyone - there were two groups ahead of us in line. Also, there were several tables with dirty dishes that were not getting bused during this time; it was almost like they had called a staff meeting and everyone was in back or something. Once the hostess came over and started seating people, things went much more smoothly. Both our hostess and waitress were nice, and I noticed that the tables around us were being bused more quickly. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKJonWBDined on 1/31/2014I think the title says it all; It's OK. Nothing to write home about but the food is reasonable and the price fits the type of place well. I'd go back for a quick snack, but it is not really somewhere to take the wife on date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKtslsDined on 1/10/2014We went for my daughters birthday. Food was ok. Two of us got burgers - one was pink as requested and the other was not. Ceasar salad croutons were gritty and the dressing wasn't great. Very expensive for what we got. The last time we went my reaction was the same - costly and just ok.Special Features:
- Nice 1st Time VisitHungryinSimsburyDined on 1/5/2014We had members in our group that wanted both breakfast and lunch and this was a great option. Food was very good, but service was slow and not attentive. Had to search for wait staff to refill coffee and water, and request ketchup for home fries. Also had heard ahead of time that is was a family spot, so wasn't surprised that there were several screaming toddlers, which isn't anything the restaurant can control, but don't come looking for a quiet setting. Stains on the wall next to our booth could be cleaned. So this review may sound more negative than positive, but overall, it was good, and I would both return for another visit, and recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Missing saladRobSDined on 12/21/2013The chicken parm special should have included a salad. I feel this was lacking in the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2013The kids and adults had a good time and enjoyed our meals. Everything was great. Best of all was the surprise that on Mondays kids eat free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish n Dat Canton CTElseDined on 9/20/2013Much better than most "mall" restaurants. My grand daughters love it, but equally appealing to adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013My wife and I dine here frequently and are always happy with the food and service. From their breakfast foods to their sandwiches, everything is made from scratch and extremely fresh. I recommend this for somebody that wants great food at a good price!Special Features:
- Great overall experience atFlytrapDined on 8/1/2013Great overall experience at this throw back restaurant. It was kid friendly and had an expansive menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers were great!mainectDined on 7/25/2013We each tried a different burger and they were great. Especially liked the choice of a salad instead of fries ... and the balsamic dressing was very good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time at Dish n' DatmainectDined on 7/21/2013We were a group of seven and were seated at the round booth for breakfast on Sunday. Excellent seating for a group. Wonderful food and service ... our orders were perfect and everyone enjoyed the morning! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family faveATrainDined on 6/19/2013We look forward to our frequent visits to Dish N Dat, knowing the management really cares whether our experience has been a good one. On the occasions when there has been a glitch, it has been handled with efficiency and care. The specials are usually that. They cater to families but there is plenty to please the adult palate. Only distance keeps us from being there even more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Father's Day breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/16/2013Had Father's Day breakfast there. Everything was excellent. Will go back again.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE!food4uDined on 6/15/2013The service and food here can't be beat! There is something for everyone on the menu. Everything is prepared to order, so it is fresh and delicious. The wait staff is attentive and very professional. Would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Mother's DayDanaDined on 5/12/2013The family of six went for Mother's Day breakfast and we had a great time. The staff were all very nice and efficient. Will definitely be back and will recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, look forward toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Excellent, look forward to having breakfast there again.Special Features:
- Diner like atmosphere withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Diner like atmosphere with very good food. The service was fast and very pleasant. We will be going back. Not for the dress up crowd but if your hungry and want a good meal, you can eat here for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking forward to spoiling myself at breakfast some day with their Cinnabon pancakes. :)Special Features:
- Unfortunately, we went forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013Unfortunately, we went for breakfast at 10am, and were not served until 11:20. We had 4 adults and three children with us and it was extremely difficult to come hungry for breakfast and wait that long. We only ordered waffles and egg dishes so it shouldn't have been that difficult. The manager apologized and indicated he was down a chef, but the place was empty and that reason didn't quite make sense. The manager did provide the entire meal, once it came, at no cost which I would have demanded had he not offered, but it would be hard to come back with kids because we can't risk waiting that long and potentially paying a lot for a meal.
- Our food was very good. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Our food was very good. Our burger was very good. Tater tots came with could have been hotter. Only warm. Server was very good. The online reservations worked great for us. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Food was good. Love the burgers.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Food was good. Love the burgers. Service was attentive to our needs. We had to ask for silverware because we all did not have it, but all else was good. Wold totally recommend.Special Features:
- The restaurant itself wasGeeGeeDined on 12/11/2012The restaurant itself was just too bright (lighting) for my liking. I'm sure it would be fine for a breakfast or a lunch, just wasn't all that impressed with the inside.Special Features:
- Great food and service. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012Great food and service. Not the same burger fare. 5-Alarm Burger was quite flavorful and lives up to its "ouch" description. Brooklyn Burger had the toppings of a Rueben and flavors went perfectly with the burger. The food was served hot implying its freshness. The strawberry milkshake was thick and creamy and extremely generous. The service was friendly and enthusiastic; guests felt welcome and appreciated. Reservations recommended due to its popularity.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTUP-SCALE DINER FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2012EXCELLENTUP-SCALE DINER FOOD IN A NON DINER SETTING.Special Features:
- We found this restaurant disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2012We found this restaurant disappointing. It is a huge place and there were very few people at a normal dinner hour. Service was slow. Food was OK, but ot great. We will probably not return. We have eaten at Dish, a sister restaurant in Hartford, which we liked better.
- Possibly the most family-friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2012Possibly the most family-friendly spot in the Farmingon Valley, with a menu to please parents and kids alike.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding. Jenny,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Service was outstanding. Jenny, our server, was awesome! Manager/owner was wonderful and very friendly! Food was great. I would recommend this restaurant to a friend and we are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Great ambiance ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Great ambiance Excellent food- apps and burgers were great! Old fashioned milkshakes (and options for adults ) Waitress was magnificent - very attentive Owner/manager checked on us multiple times- very hands on with business Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Horrible Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/20/2012All we wanted was a nice breakfast,what we got was the Worse service ever!! The waitress was never to be found and was actually rude to us several times. My poor kids drank my water because they were so desperate for something to drink.My coffee was horrible,tasted burnt or old, the waitress was quick to inform us "it's fresh just strong", Starbucks coffee is strong, your coffee is Burnt! The food was fine however the lack of service really overshadowed any redeeming qualities about the food. We would have mention it to the manager but she was swamped and couldn't be found. My husband left a note on the bill, I'll be interested to see if he gets a reply from the manager. We will not return anytime soon.Too bad, great location.
- Lunch was dish! And the martiniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2012Lunch was dish! And the martini was absolutely deVine!!!Special Features:
- Brought my mom here for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Brought my mom here for Mother's Day and she loved it. The Crab Benedict was outstanding and should be tried by everyone.Special Features:
- Outstanding breakfast!!! FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012Outstanding breakfast!!! French Toast with German apples was delicious.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere - we saw families,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2012Fun atmosphere - we saw families, people on dates, single people hanging out, etc. Extensive menu - it was hard to make up my mind on what to order! The food was yum, yum, yumalicious! :-) I got the Knife ‘n Fork Sandwich and upgraded to spicy fries...I thought the $2 upcharge was a bit excessive, however. Hubby got The Classic Reuben, kids got: grilled cheese, ceasar salad, and Quesadilla. We were all happy with the food.Special Features:
- Fun and fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2012Fun, fabulous food, and great service. Restaurant offers dining room, large bar with entertainment and outdoor space overlooking mountains. Staff is responsive and energetic to please. Wonderful spot for large groups or families as well as couples out for a night on the town.Special Features: