dish - Creative Cuisine
1107 North Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
dish - Creative Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dishcreativecuisine.com/
- Phone: (760) 832-6526
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joane Garcia-Colson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: We can help you create the perfect menu for any event.
A word from dish - Creative Cuisine
At dish, we pride ourselves in creating new and exciting contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis and focus on flavor. We use exceptional ingredients including the best available local and organic products whenever possible. We believe that food should nurture not only the body, but the mind and spirit as well. Of primary importance to us is the dining experience of our guests. Our intimate dining room encourages the enjoyment of our modern cuisine, conversation and connection. Eating at dish is not just dinner. It is an experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
dish - Creative Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- High-end gastronomyLOUDUBORDined on 4/10/2014Dish creative cuisine is totally amazing. We were delighted with an eight course dinner of the highest refinement, a quality you usually can find only in very high end restaurants in Paris, New York or similar. The service faultless, and the whole experience was really wonderful..Special Features:
- Quite a surpriseShellyVIPDined on 4/4/2014When visiting Palm Desert we ate here quite by accident. We were totally blown away by the meal. Definitely of the caliber of the best that we have ever eaten in and that includes Blue Hill in NY and the French Laundry here in CA, Try it if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is a special place forstretchmanDined on 4/4/2014this is a special place for anyone who wants great food, prepared and presented w/ care by a team that seems to truly care about your dining experience. don't let the location deter you, make the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful little restaurantSteveVIPDined on 4/4/2014A delightful little restaurant an inauspicious place. Great food; service was decent; space a bit cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just an off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/29/2014This restaurant had been highly recommended by a friend, but we were not impressed. We were not greeted for some time after walking in the door, other tables were served 2 additional rounds of amuse bouche, the chicken was dry, there was no risotto on my plate when the menu listed it as part of my meal and the waiter forgot to deliver my wine. Maybe it was just an off night as a friend has been there numerous times.
- DisappointingfogcitymomVIPDined on 3/28/2014Restaurant is extremely small & tight. Our party of 6, which had made reservations 3 months ahead, was told we would have to wait as they had only 1 table for 6 and the current party had decided to linger over dessert and extra wine. Yes, the 45-minute wait was accompanied by complimentary wine, but there is no bar seating & we had to stand outside. All felt the food, while fresh and original, was overpriced.Special Features:
- Good food beautifully presented,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014Good food beautifully presented, good attentive service, quite expensive. Atmosphere somewhat bland due to the strip mall location and plain decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I've ever had in Palm SpringsMakeItRightDined on 3/27/2014We have eaten at restaurants all over the world, and a ton in Palm Springs, and this one is top notch.Special Features:
- UnbelievableMLMSVIPDined on 3/22/2014Absolutely one of the most impressive dining experiences we have ever had. This is an absolute must!Special Features:
- At last!HollywoodVIPDined on 3/19/2014For a while we've heard the rumblings about a small gem of a place in Cathedral City. We finally treated ourselves and visiting family to one of the finest dining experiences any of us have ever had. Hailing from Chicago and familiar with many of its remarkable dining establishments, we can safely state that DISH ranks up there with any that Chicago or other fine dining city has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodreetsDined on 3/18/2014this is the second time we have been there, the food was outstanding, very creative dishes, and tastes were wonderful. we will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverlookedPickyDined on 3/14/2014We have eaten at Dish previously and found it to be one of the best dining experiences we have had. It is interesting that we were able to make a reservation with such a short time frame. When we finished our dinner there (7:30) there were still three or four open tables. This does not equate to the quality of this restaurant. Perhaps a better location would give it the visibility it deserves. This restaurant is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Our Favourite Place to EatPegabooooVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food and service is outstanding and is just something you have to experience. Don't wait any longer, you will not be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousScottDined on 3/4/2014Unique, friendly, & an opportunity not to be missed in the desert. As a friend summed it up, "it's the difference between dining and eating". The owner-chef who was working the dining room made you feel that your presence was important to her. The wait staff was attentive, polite, & knowledgable. While our salads & entrees were excellent, it was the 8 or 9 "tastes" provided during our meal that were memorable. We will definitely return to Dish next year when we are back down here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!MauraanVIPDined on 3/1/2014Kudos to Joanne and Michelle for their amazing and creative menu, impeccable and personable service and an incredibly fun EXPERIENCE in being a foodie. They are truly practicing a list art! Would love to have you move to downtown PS but ONLY if you don't lose the awesomeness you've created!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative CuisinedrsbattenVIPDined on 3/1/2014The reason to dine at Dish is the creative and imaginative cooking of Chef. While the price point is a bit high, we counted 7-8 additional "tastings" that accompanied our order of salad and entrée, adding to the value of the restaurant. All in all, Dish is a gem in the desert.Special Features:
- 2-course dinner's an 8-course feastFoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014Dish was a delightful surprise. The small dining room is pleasant but unremarkable, however, it offers an amazing food. We chose beet and burrata salads to start followed by Halibut and King Salmon small plate, with two very nice gasses of wine from a good list. First two warm savoury beignets (donuts) arrived - the first of many surprises. Dish presented 6 amuse - little molecular gastronomic treats like "baked potato" on a spoon, beef tenderloin ball & potato bouche with a rich reduction, and palate cleaning sorbet. Every bite was a flavourful delight. Our bill for this feast was embarrassingly modest given this exception dining experience. This is an amazingly talented kitchen producing outstanding food with the finest ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the desertBandRDined on 2/25/2014Presentation is over the top as is the food and the service. An amazing experience and excellent everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemLouGDined on 2/22/2014A cascade of amuse boches, starting with a savory donut (instead of bread) and ending with a pop up popcicle, make this meal the most adventursome and tasty experience in the Valley. Never had a bad dish here and Joanna the owner chef is on the floor checking every table, and it seems, every serving. WOW.Special Features:
- A True Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2014This tiny restaurant has a lot going for it! Relatively small menu with nightly specials. Food is really very good & the service & dining experience is unique to the desert. Nice little nibbles are presented from before your first course and throughout the evening while awaiting the courses to be served. The items we ordered were very good but not spectacular, however the items my friend ordered were amazing. We will definitely return to try again because it's got so much potential & we want to try more items on the menu. They only serve beer and wine but they are looking for a larger location and will hopefully have a full bar in the future.
- GreatSusanVIPDined on 2/18/2014Best food I have had in the Desert. A great addition. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Trying so hardchuckles1stDined on 2/15/2014The gracious owner stopped to chat at each of the 9 tables & some patrons seemed like regulars, but this restaurant tries too hard. Many tasty imaginative amuse bouches were served before/between courses to dampen our appetites while waiting. We asked to share a roasted beet salad. We were not given extra plates. We shared the salad plate. We were give one knife to share when we asked for a knife. Sharing food has new meaning. My duck-prepared-two-ways was atop mushy coconut rice. One of the duck preparations was overcooked. My husband's ling cod, described as roasted in horseradish sour cream, had so much sour cream topping, it disguised the taste of the fish. Dish is expensive, has great adult ambience. Dress is casual to country club.Special Features:
- Cathedral City GemGourmandDined on 2/14/2014While there are so many fine restaurants in Palm Springs, Cathedral City has a stand out. This restaurant has an attention to detail and every item served is unique. Its location is not a stand out to tourists and therefore a find. They have outgrown their space and will hopefully expand to another location in Cathedral City, to serve its residents and visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/11/2014The prices may look expensive, but you are served many amuse bouche courses throughout the meal. We've been there twice within a few weeks. All but one amuse bouche course were different (the not-sweet donuts seem to be a staple instead of bread, but were different varieties) on our two visits, and all were outstanding. I'll definitely be back, and I recommend you experience this amazing restaurant too!Special Features:
- Prices are upopentableseniorsVIPDined on 2/11/2014We dined at dish last winter and had a wonderful meal. We returned this year and were very surprised at how much the prices had increased. Amuse bouches are wonderful. Our main course was expensive and the preparation lacked their usual flair...sea bass a little undercooked. May have been a factor of the owner chef taking a night off as we were there early in the week and the number of diners were few. Would still recommend it to friends with a warning that it has become much more expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They need a new approach...not goodMikeylikesitVIPDined on 2/8/2014We arrived at 8 pm - reservation time on opentable. Not seated until 8:25. No menus until 8:50. We were able to look at menus at the bar, but needed more time. Still we waited for the menus.. I brought a very important work contact here-- I heard it would be great, very flavourful and an intimate experience. My guests were not impressed - poor service and not that taken with the food. The small amuse-bouches and various complimentary hors d'ouevres are nice, but very plain and some don't feel like they're completely fresh or innovative. We, as a group, liked our entrees well enough (although, I got the Lobster Study and found it mediocre-- it's lobster after all, it should be excellent) but found them to not be special. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Still one of, if not the bestdbeckesDined on 2/7/2014A true dining experience. The "dish"es are very innovative, beautifully presented and best of all - delicious. Perhaps the highlight of the meal is the parade of amuse touches, each one a work of art for the eye and tongue. Great service, too. Highly recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to have Dish in the ValleyJoanneDined on 2/5/2014The Valley has a restaurant that offers phenomenal food and has no hint of arrogance. The staff does everything to ensure guests are well cared for while creating a wonderful meal. Treats offered between courses are exceptionally innovative and diverse, all menu offerings seem to be. Owner and chef's attention to detail make it worth the cost. We appreciate Dish offering a welcome alternative to the valley's dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCapedinersVIPDined on 1/30/2014After good reviews enticed us to this weird strip mall location, we were frustrated from the onset....table uncomfortably close to a loud party, waiter either distracted or inept, far too many forgettable amuse bouches, and over-salted salmon cakes...each aspect unrewarding. Though the chef circulated the tiny dining room, she skipped us...perhaps for a reason! I'm sorry to be so negative, but this place is either trying too hard to be unique, or isn't trying hard enough.
- Unique menu interspersed withbillieboyDined on 1/30/2014Unique menu interspersed with tid bits of good things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat!BHReviewer2VIPDined on 1/25/2014Wow! What a fabulous meal - we called ahead to say we were vegetarians & asked if we could be accommodated. The answer was most definitely yes that 2 entrees would be vegetarian friendly & in addition the hostess inquired as to whether there were any allergies or vegetables we didn't like. In between the courses we were served small bites made vegetarian for our table- each one more creative than the next...one was a tiny macaroon with a basil infused cream. The shitake mushroom appetizer was incredible! dish is a small intimate restaurant where the guests are treated regally & the food is superb! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gourmet evening, yum!jerilaDined on 1/25/2014We had a wonderful dining adventure and a chance to have a conversation which many places these days forget how important that is. Hate to eat and have to shout at my guests. A food adventure and culinary delight was a nice surprise from all the "steak restaurants in the desert" and other than a bit of a drive it was totally worth it. Great to chat with chef and owner and wait staff was great. Telling all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, random locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/25/2014The location was totally random being in a small strip mall in the "check-into-cash" kind of neighborhood. The interior wasn't "designed" ....more like white table cloths and some interior paint added to a previously defunct Mexican restaurant. But, the service was attentive and sweet and the food was fantastic! We will certainly return, I just may not bring my fluffier friends who demand atmosphere with their dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlmggDined on 1/22/2014Very creative. A great dining experience. Many amusees during the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, many greatGourmetVIPDined on 1/21/2014Delicious food, many great amuse bouche was given, creative food, chef came out several times to see how we were doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the dish on dishmildflowerVIPDined on 1/18/2014Went here based on online reviews and was not disappointed. The beet/burratta first course was flavorful and the pork tenderloin was AMAZING! In between there were arrivals of tiny taste treats that were not only delicious, but elevated our meal to a real foodie experience. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealPegabooooVIPDined on 1/18/2014Our favorite place to eat...hands down. The food is excellent and all the surprise tastings you get before your main meal arrives will make you kick yourself for not eating at Dish sooner. Not only is the food excellent but you will feel pampered by your server. They will do everything they can to make your visit memorable, including the chef picking up a special refreshments as needed. Thank you chef for the DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dining experienceBandDpalmspringsDined on 1/18/2014Great food, great service, great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best the desert has to offerteedeeVIPDined on 1/17/2014We were a party of six including foodies and a well known restaurant owner. We were all thrilled and blown away by our dining experience. Food, service, and creativity were magnificent. BRAVO!Special Features:
- Let downpsfcoVIPDined on 1/15/2014Have been several times. Like the restaurant & concept. Understand they may be moving. Thats good. Hopefully the uniqueness of the restaurant can be personalized in its design.The current Mall location does nothing to add to the experience. The small tastings are always unique and very well presented and tasty. The other night none of the four entrees we had were very good. They were all tasteless and uninteresting though they were well presented. Both Fish dishes were breaded as was my pork tenderloin.Other than a well designed plate the pork tenderloin could have been served at Applebees. With a limited Entree Menu they should all be Very good and not ordinary. I will wait to return when DISH reopens, next season, in a new location