dish - Creative Cuisine
1107 North Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
dish - Creative Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dishcreativecuisine.com/
- Phone: 7608326526
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joane Garcia-Colson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: We can help you create the perfect menu for any event.
A word from dish - Creative Cuisine
At dish, we pride ourselves in creating new and exciting contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis and focus on flavor. We use exceptional ingredients including the best available local and organic products whenever possible. We believe that food should nurture not only the body, but the mind and spirit as well. Of primary importance to us is the dining experience of our guests. Our intimate dining room encourages the enjoyment of our modern cuisine, conversation and connection. Eating at dish is not just dinner. It is an experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
dish - Creative Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Cathedral City ›
dish - Creative Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Not to be missedherbcohnDined on 6/28/2014The best dining experience in the desert. Bar none. I was honored to share their last evening at the Ramon Road location with them, discovering a deconstructed coq au vin that I will never forget. I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait for October's opening on North Palm Canyon. And it'll have a full bar! Just try and stop me from going.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the dish - Creative Cuisine reviews archive.
- Never Disappoints!ScottVIPDined on 6/20/2014Consistently the best fine dining experience in the Coachella Valley. They always have super interesting main dishes and "conversation starters," plus the amuse bouche are so creative and delicious. We love bringing new people to dish and watching them light up with delight at the experience. We are excited for their move to Palm Canyon from Cathedral City in the Fall. Keep up the great work Joane, Michelle & staff!Special Features:
- Dinner at the dish - CCbbsoonDined on 6/20/2014dish - Creative Cuisine was recommended to us by a friend so I called and was able to get a reservation for four of us. We were so taken back with the service and the appetizers that were presented to us before the entree. It was a fabulous occasion and we will recommend this place to many of our friends. They were very polite and even called us the next day to see how we felt about the experience. Was not good or great, it was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experiencegooddocDined on 6/19/2014DISH is not eating out. The restaurant is a dining experience of very high quality. They bring samplers, a bite or two, throughout your meal that complement the appetizers and entries. A wonderful mix of flavors and textures. Although there are only a limited number of entries, perhaps no more than six, each is superbly prepared.Special Features:
- Flat out amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014One of the best dining experiences ever! The reviews were outstanding, the location was deceiving, but the food and service were phenomenal. The owner/executive chef was there to explain each dish every step of the way. The server, Jessica, was extremely friendly and helpful. The dining room was small and intimate. But with all that said, the food was flat out some of the best things I've ever tasted! The cauliflower panna cotta was one of, if not, THE best thing I've vet put in my mouth. I am seriously floored at the level of service and quality of food this place provides for the price you end up paying! dish now has two new faces they will be seeing A LOT of in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At Last Something NewHopeDined on 6/7/2014This is the most interesting and delicious food I have had in a long time . Unusal combinations that make perfect sense. From the Artichoke and Chickpea Fritter as light as air, to all of the little bites like the beef ball with a potato ball and a squeeze of heavenly beef concentrate and the palate cleansing ginger beer sorbet, that were presented between courses to the most devine Desert a Carmel Pot de cream or the amazing Pana Cotta with chocolate nibs and bacon bits. Truly an outstanding meal. Can't wait till the fall to sample more innovative delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just dinner....WannaBeChef1Dined on 6/7/2014it's a dining experience. The chefs create unique, visually amazing and delicious food. The amuse bouche are delivered to your table one after the other until you get to the food you ordered. You don't order the amuse bouche, they just arrive. Sometimes there is a palate cleanser before the next course. The dessert is equally impressive. The Chef visits with each table and is very friendly and approachable. Look for their special dinners. We attended one that was "all about the pig" with every course having something pork in it. Delicious. They are moving to a larger location and will re-open in October.Special Features:
- foodiegalDined on 6/7/2014This is probably the most sophisticated food to be found in the desert. We love it. Reminds us of San Francisco quality.Special Features:
- AmazingMankhDined on 6/6/2014At first glance, the dining room is small and awkward. Once the food starts arriving the room itself is irrelevant. Very attentive staff. Truly original, creative food you've probably never seen or eaten before. Fresh, fresh, fresh. An endless parade of amuse bouche throughout the meal. The chef constantly works the room stopping to check in with everyone and talking about the (amazing) food. Absolutely delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbGritsDined on 6/6/2014Our first visit and we were very impressed.The food not only was delicious and flavorfully creative but was artistically presented. The owner/chef obviously loves what she does. I hope this jewel of a restaurant retains this excellence when it opens its larger Palm Springs location in October.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true dining experiencjayster901VIPDined on 6/5/2014If you want experience the best dinner in the Coachella Valley, then dine at Dish! I hadn't had a meal like this since living in San Francisco and New York. The food was so unique, and each bite exploded in your mouth with new flavors. The topper was the small dishes that Joanne (the chef) brought by for us to try. It was the best dinner I have had since moving to Palm Springs over 4 years ago.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Creative CuisinedrsbattenVIPDined on 6/5/2014Chef outdid herself with the truly innovative "trios" for restaurant week. We have dined at dish four times and found this visit to be the best. The service, the food, the wine....A really wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentPSWxGuyEaterDined on 6/4/2014There were 4 of us for Restaurant Week and we each had the trio plates. With all the additional small plates that they brought - I think totaled to be about 12 small plates. Great tasting food. My favorite was a small corn bread cupcake with a slice of tomato in between along with Feta Cheese and Basil. Will definitely try again. Wish they had a bigger space though. Tables can get pretty noisy in a very small environment - but other than that - great!Special Features:
- FUNsapphireluvDined on 6/3/2014I was impressed and the experience was truly fun. They would surprise us with different little bites that popped with such amazing flavors. We dined during restaurant week so the menu was unique and a sampling of many of their dishes. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect by designpencilVIPDined on 6/3/2014Joane has designed an artful, 10+ delicious, original dining experience. It begins with savory fresh-made doughnuts (still warm) instead of bread; several chef's offerings that are just a bite or "shot" so as to not overwhelm nor take away from what is to come for the main courses. The menu choices are exciting, creative adventures with fresh ingredients. As a vegetarian it is awesome to have choices! In addition to all this, the wait staff is amazing, working as a team rather than per table assignment. Joane is out front as well, with lots of personal connecting.Top it all off - they called the next day to see if it all went ok. Nice touch! This is now my favorite PS restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickVIPDined on 6/3/2014If you are a foodie and appreciate creative dining then this is the place. Simply exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highbrow without being snootyRiversidersDined on 5/30/2014We wanted something different and dish was perfect. The right amount of food, the right blend of adventure and comfort. Lots of attention paid to getting it right. Not everything exactly to our taste, but done with clear intention and purpose. Service was helpful and kind. Welcoming. An hour's drive for us and we'll do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very creative cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014The name of the restaurant describes it well--the cuisine was superb and very unique. Exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish Doesn't Disappoint!Food4ThoughtDined on 5/24/2014Loved this place! The food was excellent and loved all the extra treats and surprises from the kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marie Batten4alarkVIPDined on 5/23/2014I would prefer the option of mixed cocktails to just wine and beer….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!PaulDined on 5/23/2014Dish offers one of the most unique dining experiences I have had in a long time. The food is remarkable...the service outstanding and the attention to detail extraordinary. It's one of the very few restaurants that creates excitement about the next course even as you are enjoying the current offering. Periodic tastes of interesting flavors just adds more enjoyment to the evening. Periodic visits by the Chef makes the entire experience as engaging as it can possibly be.Special Features:
- Amazing!DebbieVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food is absolutely incredible. This should be added to your list of "must dos" when in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Gem in the DesertdishVIPDined on 5/17/2014First time trying this spot - thought I was in Manhattan or Europe for the presentation of the food. Service was pretty good, but the food is the attraction. Very small dining area. Best news is Chef told us they plan to move to larger location in Palm Springs in Oct/Nov 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this amazing gem!DesertdiningVIPDined on 5/14/2014My friends and I have all wanted to try this restaurant and when our husbands were out of town, we headed there. The food was amazing!! I thought I was in Napa or NYC for a minute rather than the Palm Springs area. The portions were perfect, everything tasted wonderful. The menu was small but you don't need a large menu when everything is wonderful. The chef/owner came through the dining room to check on all of the diners and we even got a call the next day asking for feedback! Wow!! Loved it. It's a bit pricey for this area but for a special occasion, I'm headed back there in a heartbeat!!Special Features:
- An unexpected and awesome surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014We loved this place and the attention to detail! All the little complimentary bites were interesting, well thought out, fun and delicious!!!! The entrees were all delicious and well rounded. Proteins cooked to perfections and sides interesting and thoughtful! Would highly recommend when in the Palm Springs area which has a definite lack of good quality restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/7/2014This was one of the most enjoyable meals we have had in the desert. The food was amazing and the service impeccable. The location was a bit unexpected, but well worth the trip. We cannot wait for them to move the the Palm Springs location in the fall.Special Features:
- Always GreatEllenVIPDined on 5/6/2014Never a disappointment. Always great food, excellent service. Wonderful hardly does Dish justice!Special Features:
- Creative is an understatementJeffreyDined on 5/3/2014I took a dear friend there for his 73rd birthday as he had been wanting to go there. The food was delicious. The "bites" that come out during your dining experience are worth it alone. Of course, dessert was incredible. It was a key lime foam popsicle. Anyway it wasn't cheap but well worth every penny. But the best....the restaurant called me two days later to ask how it was....I couldn't have been more impressed with just that one simple consideration. I will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- First Time Not the LastyearroundfoodieDined on 4/25/2014This restaurant is an unusual find in an unlikely place in the Palm Springs area (although it will be moved to downtown Palm Springs in the fall). The customer care and the food presentation is unusual for this area. We were called before our reservation and call the day after to ask about our experience. The food presentation is similar to starred restaurants in Europe. We didn't feel rushed and it was obvious that the wait staff and the chef/owner were throughly involved. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceluvsgreatfoodVIPDined on 4/24/2014Be prepared for waking up your palate. Between the delicious courses you will receive several amuse bouche that are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserving of 10 StarsCAT10Dined on 4/24/2014I visited Dish a year ago and have been talking about it ever since. Much to my joy it has gotten even better. Calling this restaurant a hidden gem is an understatement. From foie gras buttons to deconstructed S'more every bite is delight. If you want a meal to remember please try Dish.Special Features:
- Best of the best!BarbaraDined on 4/23/2014This is the most fabulous restaurant in the desert. It would fit in any of the gourmet cities - New York, San Francisco, etc.Special Features:
- delicious and fun!lipskyDined on 4/19/2014We had a great time eating at Dish...more an experience than dining. Although it took 2 hours for this meal, it was fun with all the little treats (amuse bouche)--all of which were creative pieces of art/food :-) and were tasty. The entrees came late but everyone loved their dishes. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- PretenciousCdpsVIPDined on 4/19/2014Waited 1 1/2 hr for a very unsatisfying meal. Very expensive.
- Finest meal I have ever had.JavajudiVIPDined on 4/18/2014I have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world and was blown away to discover this hidden gem. My date and I couldn't stop talking about each item that was brought out. So glad to hear they are moving to a proper space and can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculous-ly Wonderful!YYCGroupDined on 4/16/2014Truly a great evening and we felt that we wanted to call the next day to THANK Chef and staff for such a great evening! We got a call on the day of our reservation and advised that we may have to bring a young child with our group which they were willing to accommodate, then showed up sans 3 (Mom, Dad and little guy). The staff quickly reset the table, did not make us feel bad for being a smaller party despite the impact on their small restaurant. The food was great, the small plates just kept coming and we LOVED every bit of food. Our group was all very impressed with the quality of food and the attentive service. Truly a special experience and so fun to find this little gem in Cathedral City. We will be back often!Special Features:
- AnExperience Full of surprisesDesertgirlDined on 4/15/2014The menu is simple and reflective of what is seasonally at its' best. The location is quirky...a strip mall. The size is charming and intimate...9 tables. Dining at Dish is an experience full of surprises. Apps and entres (Conversation Starters and Topics) are creative, well executed and memorable.The tasty chef's bites throughout the evening exceeded all expectations: savory doughnuts w/roasted pablano chili peppers and pumpkin seeds; chicken meatballs with a Kobe Japanese sauce; cauliflower panna cotta dusted with cumin, sweet onion dust; strawberry gazpacho and mousse ice pops. Should you go plan on an evening out...dinner involved a delightful, delicious 2 1/2 hours. Be sure to reserve a table as there only nine of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in Salmon entre-SydneyDined on 4/11/2014Disappointed in Salmon entre- no taste and not very interesting side which also had no taste. Restaurant is quite expensive.Special Features:
- Best food experience in a long timeSaltnPepperDined on 4/10/2014Fantastic gem of a place. The food was exceptional. Loved the surprise extras from the kitchen. Wonderful flavours! Highly recommend to foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2014Service, food and personal attention - all great. It's a little pricey. But, good place for a special occasion. Only nine tables. They're moving in the fall from Cathedral City to Palm Springs to a larger space. Even though they're still in CC, go there instead of Spencer's or Le Vallauris.Special Features: