Dish Bar & Grill
900 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dish Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dishbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (860) 249-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Carbone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant for details and availability
- Private Party Contact: Lynne Russell (860) 906-7611x
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch
A word from Dish Bar & Grill
An award winning restaurant serving exceptional food. Dish Bar & Grill has quickly become known for its inventive American cuisine, chic interior and exceptional service staff. Enjoy a private dinner for two, drinks at our expansive bar or just stop by for a sweet at our dessert bar. With choices for everyone, we're sure you'll leave happy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dish Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)special occasion (44)good for groups (35)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (19)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Brunch at DishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I frequent Dish for lunch often, but this was my first time for brunch. Menu was such that it was difficult to choose. The chicken and waffles and green eggs and ham were excellent. Our waiter was outstanding and wonderful Lynn was there with her perpetual smile. It was the perfect prequel to a show at the Bushnell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Two of us had bolognese and the strip steak, plus one side and one appetizer. I had the potato chip app as a side for the steak. They were good, but greasy. The steak was excellent. It was tender and had a perfect crust and was a perfect rare. My bolognese loving daughter said it was one of her favorite bologneses. The side, brussel sprouts, were delicious. Nice, industiral-ish decor. Service was fine, though the waiter seemed to think he was a better waiter than he was. He forgot the wine, and brought it late, after I asked someone else for it, and he had no comment or apology.I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnny1323Dined on 11/15/2014The services was fair at best, but the steack was awful, overcooked and over seasoned. Covered in salt
- Nice spot for a quiet dinnerblovelandsennettDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed salads, steak and scallops prior to a stage performance. Wine was good, and dessert (hot apple crisp and ice cream) were lovely. Very good espresso. The milieu is fairly quiet. Very clean and fresh look. Nice spot for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, with the right tablenut4golfDined on 11/8/2014I booked a table for two to celebrate our 33rd anniversary - asked for a romantic table in my reservation. The first table we were shown to was right on the aisle, close to the entrance and right next to bar / service area! My wife asked for another table, which was further back in the restaurant but my chair was apparently right in the runway into the room as multiple servers and patrons seemed to want to bump into the back of it all night long… Including a waitress dragging two chairs into the room?!? Seating challenges aside, the food was quite good and the service adequate (getting our initial drinks took a while). Everything is a la carte and aims for farm to table. Atmosphere was nice, and on a Sat night wasn't overly noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant - Good FoodNancy1553Dined on 11/8/2014First time visit to Dish. Reservations for 6:30, arrived 15 minutes early and were seated at our table in the back of the restaurant. We waited about 20 minutes before my husband flagged down someone from the wait staff to see if anyone was waiting on our table. He came back a few minutes later saying there was a mix-up so he would be our waiter. Super nice waiter - I think his name was Keith. From then on, service was great. We had calamari and duck confit nachos, 2 people had mixed green salads and for dinner short ribs, pork chop and I had Maine Diver Scallops. Dessert was creme brulee and something chocolate. It was good but didn't leaving us thinking "I can't wait to come back!"Special Features:
- Great dinner before Hartford StageBeerSnob27Dined on 11/7/2014We had a really great dinner here. Decent cocktail/beer/wine list, the house bread with boursin cheese baked in is a MUST, our entrées were perfectly prepared and delicious. My only complaint was the "shrimp and grits" appetizer, 3 shrimp, tasteless grits, and overpriced. Service was also excellent. Will absolutely come here again before a show.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We had a party of 8 and it was a great experience. The waiter was friendly and knowledgable and gave great descriptions of everything on the menu.Special Features:
- Deserves more recognitiontravelwithcousinsDined on 11/5/2014After a bit of a slow start, the service was prompt and efficient. Our meals were excellent and nicely presented. This restaurant deserves more recognition than it seems to get.
- LovelyAnnieHDined on 11/5/2014Our waiter was wonderful as he knew wine list well. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat & Runappit2Dined on 11/4/2014Caesar salad, Shrimp & grits app were very good, however the chicken & dumpling dish was not. The chicken was tough & the dumpling was bland. The service was very good and the staff is friendly. Will visit again, before going to the theater, just won't order chicken.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Food was just ok. Too pricey. When you have to pay for rolls thats pretty bad. The risotto was under cooked.
- PERFECTIONOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/31/2014This restaurant is perfect in every way. Beautiful decor, extraordinary food every time and Fabulous service. Every time I am eaten there, it has been sheer perfectionSpecial Features:
- It is a favoriteBenThere2Dined on 10/30/2014Best place in Hartford for dinner before an event or thearter. They are quick without making you feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service, great foodWendyVIPDined on 10/30/2014We always go to Dish before the Hartford Stage performance. The hostess noticed that we hadn't given our order and asked if we were going to the theater. When she learned that we were, she took our order herself and made sure everything was going well. The food is always beautifully prepared, the desserts interesting and creative. We highly recommend Dish.Special Features:
- hankhankDined on 10/30/2014This was our first time. Expensive entrees to begin with and when you consider you have to purchase sides to have some veggies then it's overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerSueSDined on 10/24/2014Food was really good, appetizer of the charcuterie Board always great, just needs more crostini...dinner main courses all great including my Steak Frites. Service by Ashley was great.Special Features:
- jz11VIPDined on 10/17/2014The "pig" chop and tomato pie were excellent as was the shrimp and grits. Not much of a vibe and service could be betterSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointsmajannDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I have been to Dish on several occasions and have never had a bad meal yet! The food is creatively prepared and the ingredients blend nicely. The wait staff are personable and provide just the right amount of "attention". Never feel rushed.Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchJohnDined on 10/12/2014We went for brunch on Sunday afternoon. Very quiet and intimate for conversation. We thought the food was excellent. Nice selection of food; the calamari is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2014This place is amazing, everything about it is superb. It is a beautiful restaurant, comfortable. The food is absolutely incredible and it is served with perfection.Special Features:
- Close to the Convention CenterAnnualVisitDined on 10/9/2014A nice restaurant that is close to the Convention Center. A good choice if you're in downtown HartfordSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with dear friends at Dish. The placement of our table was perfect, dinner delicious and the service was excellent. Gary took excellent care of us and we closed the evening with a wonderful surprise of champagne toast from the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and theaterCathy56Dined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is a must before or after one of Hartfords theatrical shows. Great food ,prompt service,and lots of ambiance.Special Features:
- KarenLinderDined on 10/3/2014We've had very good experiences and meals at DISH. The only thing I would not recommend is the fried lobster (because really, why?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 10/3/2014We love going to Dish. The service is always wonderful and the food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!Primal4LifeDined on 9/27/2014Four of us thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Dish, and we will return for more delicious meals! Two of us in the group have food allergies and the staff made every effort to ensure that one diner's meals were 100% nut free, while the other diner (me) was able to eat Paleo and avoid the gluten, grains, soy and canola which are big triggers for my autoimmune issues. I felt fine and totally appreciate the efforts made, along with the high quality Farm to Table foods that they offer.Special Features:
- Great dinner and serviceCTVisitorDined on 9/27/2014Always have a great meal. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Both Food & Service Get A+zeldasayreDined on 9/24/2014We were in Hartford as part of our Connecticut vacation and chanced upon Dish. I wish all our "chances" turned out as great as this one. What made the excellent food even better was the highly personable, very professional, absolutely outstanding server, Michael Carlin. We had discussed how desperately many restaurants need to give training to their wait staff and then we came here. Michael doesn't need training - he should be the trainer. The Tomato Pie & Ribeye were outstanding. Served with perfect timing, too. It was so good we went back for lunch the next day which was also terrific. If we hadn't been leaving the area, we might very well have gone back for dinner, too. You just can't miss with DISH!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and foodSuzanneVIPDined on 9/23/2014This was our first time and we had a very nice dinner. Our cocktails (Hendricks gin, st Germain, peaches & basil) were great though not enough basil . Our appetizers (calamari & shrimp/grits) were both quite good as were our entrees (trio of tuna and lobster schnitzel). I must say that the schnitzel did not have much of a lobster flavor and gets lost in the sauteeing process unfortunately thoug the presentation was great. We shared a dessert (de-constructed chocolate cream pie) and it was excellent. Laoso had a very good cappuccino. I liked the way the Farm to Table concept was well presented on the menu by listing which farms/vendors the different products came from. We'll return next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Just rightFoxerDined on 9/19/2014A very pleasant date night with my wife. We were seated at a cozy corner table with our server showing us the right amount of attention and our dishes served with the right timing. Enjoyed our swordfish special and the rigatoni bolognese. Don't miss the just made chocolate chip cookies for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is Key!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Our good experience was made great by our server, Michael. Cordial, knowledgeable & "in tune" with his guests.Special Features:
- Food very good- service was notJJillDined on 9/13/2014We had a concert to attend at 7:30 which our waiter knew about. At 7:15 we could not find him anywhere and went to the reservation desk to pay. He then showed up next to us. We were late for the show. The food was very good and the waiter did substitute an excellent grenache for the chenin blanc we ordered that they were out of for the same cost. So, I would go again to see if the night we went was a fluke. The concert for Tom Petty was sold out so maybe they were a little crazy that night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fantastichappygirl68Dined on 9/12/2014Once again I dined at Dish, and once again i was totally pleased. The service was wonderful and attentive. The waiter answered all questions regarding food and wine. The food was wonderful. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Dish is a great place to go to lunch with people from work. They have a nice selection of meals to suit every taste. If you do not mind being unhealthy, highly recommend starting with teh fried green beans and homemade chips!Special Features:
- Friday DinnerLove2cookDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful meal. Our server was outstanding - a very nice experience overall. I have to say I was surprised that I received a call the following week as a mistake was made on our bill that they found, corrected it and placed a call to me. It was above and beyond and much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and Fantastic!Jewel817VIPDined on 9/2/2014Two friends and I went to lunch at Dish. The service was great and the food was wonderful. They had some new items on the menu that we all want to go back and try! We only have an hour for lunch, and we were able to sit at the end and talk for a few minutes - we didn't need to rush. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GigiDined on 8/30/2014I am a total foodie that loves healthy, delicious and interesting food along with a hip atmosphere. I loved my salmon dish along with the farm to table selections of locally grown vegetables and fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniv dinnerSueSDined on 8/23/2014Anniv dinner - great food, different and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety!BlandDined on 8/22/2014Haven't been here for a long time but it still draws! Nice variety of dishes, deliciously served. My only dislike is it's industrial decor, which feels a bit cold to me. Sorella, their sister restaurant across the street, much more inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.