Dish Bar & Grill
900 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dish Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dishbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (860) 249-3474x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Carbone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant for details and availability
- Private Party Contact: Lynne Russell (860) 906-7611x
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch
A word from Dish Bar & Grill
An award winning restaurant serving exceptional food. Dish Bar & Grill has quickly become known for its inventive American cuisine, chic interior and exceptional service staff. Enjoy a private dinner for two, drinks at our expansive bar or just stop by for a sweet at our dessert bar. With choices for everyone, we're sure you'll leave happy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dish Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)special occasion (30)good for groups (26)great for lunch (20)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- jz11VIPDined on 10/17/2014The "pig" chop and tomato pie were excellent as was the shrimp and grits. Not much of a vibe and service could be betterSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointsmajannDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I have been to Dish on several occasions and have never had a bad meal yet! The food is creatively prepared and the ingredients blend nicely. The wait staff are personable and provide just the right amount of "attention". Never feel rushed.Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchJohnDined on 10/12/2014We went for brunch on Sunday afternoon. Very quiet and intimate for conversation. We thought the food was excellent. Nice selection of food; the calamari is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2014This place is amazing, everything about it is superb. It is a beautiful restaurant, comfortable. The food is absolutely incredible and it is served with perfection.Special Features:
- Close to the Convention CenterAnnualVisitDined on 10/9/2014A nice restaurant that is close to the Convention Center. A good choice if you're in downtown HartfordSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with dear friends at Dish. The placement of our table was perfect, dinner delicious and the service was excellent. Gary took excellent care of us and we closed the evening with a wonderful surprise of champagne toast from the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and theaterCathy56Dined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is a must before or after one of Hartfords theatrical shows. Great food ,prompt service,and lots of ambiance.Special Features:
- KarenLinderDined on 10/3/2014We've had very good experiences and meals at DISH. The only thing I would not recommend is the fried lobster (because really, why?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 10/3/2014We love going to Dish. The service is always wonderful and the food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!Primal4LifeDined on 9/27/2014Four of us thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Dish, and we will return for more delicious meals! Two of us in the group have food allergies and the staff made every effort to ensure that one diner's meals were 100% nut free, while the other diner (me) was able to eat Paleo and avoid the gluten, grains, soy and canola which are big triggers for my autoimmune issues. I felt fine and totally appreciate the efforts made, along with the high quality Farm to Table foods that they offer.Special Features:
- Great dinner and serviceCTVisitorDined on 9/27/2014Always have a great meal. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Both Food & Service Get A+zeldasayreDined on 9/24/2014We were in Hartford as part of our Connecticut vacation and chanced upon Dish. I wish all our "chances" turned out as great as this one. What made the excellent food even better was the highly personable, very professional, absolutely outstanding server, Michael Carlin. We had discussed how desperately many restaurants need to give training to their wait staff and then we came here. Michael doesn't need training - he should be the trainer. The Tomato Pie & Ribeye were outstanding. Served with perfect timing, too. It was so good we went back for lunch the next day which was also terrific. If we hadn't been leaving the area, we might very well have gone back for dinner, too. You just can't miss with DISH!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and foodSuzanneVIPDined on 9/23/2014This was our first time and we had a very nice dinner. Our cocktails (Hendricks gin, st Germain, peaches & basil) were great though not enough basil . Our appetizers (calamari & shrimp/grits) were both quite good as were our entrees (trio of tuna and lobster schnitzel). I must say that the schnitzel did not have much of a lobster flavor and gets lost in the sauteeing process unfortunately thoug the presentation was great. We shared a dessert (de-constructed chocolate cream pie) and it was excellent. Laoso had a very good cappuccino. I liked the way the Farm to Table concept was well presented on the menu by listing which farms/vendors the different products came from. We'll return next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Just rightFoxerDined on 9/19/2014A very pleasant date night with my wife. We were seated at a cozy corner table with our server showing us the right amount of attention and our dishes served with the right timing. Enjoyed our swordfish special and the rigatoni bolognese. Don't miss the just made chocolate chip cookies for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is Key!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Our good experience was made great by our server, Michael. Cordial, knowledgeable & "in tune" with his guests.Special Features:
- Food very good- service was notJJillDined on 9/13/2014We had a concert to attend at 7:30 which our waiter knew about. At 7:15 we could not find him anywhere and went to the reservation desk to pay. He then showed up next to us. We were late for the show. The food was very good and the waiter did substitute an excellent grenache for the chenin blanc we ordered that they were out of for the same cost. So, I would go again to see if the night we went was a fluke. The concert for Tom Petty was sold out so maybe they were a little crazy that night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fantastichappygirl68Dined on 9/12/2014Once again I dined at Dish, and once again i was totally pleased. The service was wonderful and attentive. The waiter answered all questions regarding food and wine. The food was wonderful. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Dish is a great place to go to lunch with people from work. They have a nice selection of meals to suit every taste. If you do not mind being unhealthy, highly recommend starting with teh fried green beans and homemade chips!Special Features:
- Friday DinnerLove2cookDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful meal. Our server was outstanding - a very nice experience overall. I have to say I was surprised that I received a call the following week as a mistake was made on our bill that they found, corrected it and placed a call to me. It was above and beyond and much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and Fantastic!Jewel817VIPDined on 9/2/2014Two friends and I went to lunch at Dish. The service was great and the food was wonderful. They had some new items on the menu that we all want to go back and try! We only have an hour for lunch, and we were able to sit at the end and talk for a few minutes - we didn't need to rush. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GigiDined on 8/30/2014I am a total foodie that loves healthy, delicious and interesting food along with a hip atmosphere. I loved my salmon dish along with the farm to table selections of locally grown vegetables and fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniv dinnerSueSDined on 8/23/2014Anniv dinner - great food, different and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety!BlandDined on 8/22/2014Haven't been here for a long time but it still draws! Nice variety of dishes, deliciously served. My only dislike is it's industrial decor, which feels a bit cold to me. Sorella, their sister restaurant across the street, much more inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really best for Comfort FoodjclieberVIPDined on 8/16/2014We expected more from the menu and certainly more from the service. We told the waiter at the very beginning we had a show to go to. We did not get out until 7:40; ten minutes later than we had asked to leave. And the restaurant was SLOW. We had to send our pork back because while it was cooked right and tasty, it was lukewarm.Special Features:
- Simple fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Delicious flavors are brought out of simple, farm fresh food. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to LunchJewel817VIPDined on 8/15/2014My co-worker and I had lunch here on a Friday. Only having an hour for lunch, I was hoping for quick service. We had a server we hadn't had before and he was fantastic! We will definitely do this again.Special Features:
- Organized a group dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014The staff was helpful and attentive. Food was good. They made it easy to work with. I would use again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC LUNCHDianeVIPDined on 8/4/2014We went here to celebrate my birthday (a little belated), but our waitress was absolutely wonderful and even went out of her way, after listening to me brag about the delicious cookies they have there, to put candles in two and bring them over. The food here is always absolutely delicious! I would always recommend DISH as one of my favorite restaurants downtown!Special Features:
- DonnaleeDined on 8/4/2014This is my "go to" restaurant in Hartford. It's in a convenient location, I like the ambience and the service is always very good. The food is usually very good. However, the grilled chicken on my salad during this visit was dry and rather difficult to cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babygirlDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is consistently Excellent in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night out in HartfordPattypool50Dined on 7/26/2014Being from the "burbs", we usually don't venture in the Big City for dinner. We make an exception twice a year to try new restaurants during The Taste of Hartford. Dish did not disappoint. Our waiter was excellent,when asked about the menu he knew it well,and made many helpful recommendations,all which by the way were delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by valet parkingWaltDined on 7/25/2014Over hyped with an over salted menu. Place was nearly empty on a Friday night which didn't justify the long wait between courses. Didn't get the decor, which seemed indecisively chic and hic - the sports page hanging over the urinal was awesome .
- Birthday DinnerluveatingoutDined on 7/5/2014I booked a reservation here that included a note about my wife's birthday and despite arriving early and deciding to eat in the bar area and forgetting to notify the hostess, the staff still brought out a birthday dessert which surprised my wife as she never saw me make any communication with the staff regarding this. Its good to know that the staff reviews and honors these special requests.Special Features:
- SteddieEddieDined on 6/23/2014I found the dining experience at Dish very good. I happened to go there for lunch on a gorgeous day and was delighted to find Dish has outdoor dining available. The service was good and the food was also very good. I didn't get a chance to try their fried brussel sprouts but will definitely plan to go back soon to experience this treat. Overall I'd say check out Dish. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 799 reviews are from the Dish Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Wonderful Find in Hartford!HoustonGirlDined on 6/20/2014Our group was in town for a conference and we booked a reservation based on their location and the menu. We were delighted with this restaurant and couldn't believe they weren't packed on a Friday night! However, that allowed our waiter to give us his undivided attention and he was wonderful! There were 8 of us and while I can't remember what everyone ordered, I had the duck breast and it melted in my mouth! Our table ordered the mac and cheese, the brussel sprouts with bacon and oysters on the half shell. Everything was wonderful! We ordered several desserts for sharing and the one that stands out in my mind was the creme brulee -truly one of the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish is inconsistentDrbiffDined on 6/20/2014Great service but the food was nothing special. The salad was rather skimpy but the rest of the appetizers were great. The hangar steak was rather tasteless and tough. It should be off the menu. The ahi tuna tuna was good and tasty but was rather chewy in some places. Ambiance is good. Not sure I would return.
- Great find in HartfordRosencrantzDined on 6/14/2014We are subscribers to Hartford Stage and like to go to the restaurants that offer discounts to theatre goers. Dish is the best so far and is just around the block from the theatre. They offer 20% off entrees so we did not do the prix fixe, which was fine because we ran out of time for dessert. (Next time...) The shrimp and grits appetizer was the hit of the night. The charcuterie board was clever and mostly locally sourced. The duck great was fine and cooked to perfection. It was on a bed of fried rice and duck confit. The scallops were great too. The kitchen was slow but we made the curtain. Local beers, challenging wine list, knowledgeable server, smart decor and lighting - we'll be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best veggiesveggienutDined on 6/14/2014The food in Dish is wonderful. The have the best veggie sides, don't miss the Brussels sprouts and the mushrooms.Special Features:
- Great for pre theater mealMelODined on 6/10/2014Very good restaurant with friendly and professional service a block away from Hartford Stage. We had the steak frites. Delicious.Special Features:
- ConvenientJustsaying1Dined on 6/8/2014Great spot in Hartford downtown; close to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.