924 25th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dishanddrinks.com/
- Phone: 2023388707x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00am-10:00am,
Saturday & Sunday 8:00am-11:00am.
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30am-2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday through Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private parties for 40 people or more.
- Private Party Contact: Rudy Campos - GM 2023388707x
- Entertainment: Close to Kennedy Center and Georgetown.
A word from DISH+drinks
DISH+drinks is casually elegant American neighborhood restaurant set in historical Foggy Bottom. DISH+drinks features innovative American regional cooking focused on the freshest local ingredients and influenced by foods from the Bay to the Blue Ridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DISH+drinks reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (11)special occasion (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Just greatRalphDined on 9/24/2014This was our first time here, and we loved it. Everything we had was prepared with flair and beautifully presented, and the service could not have been nicer. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Fun & talented bartenderbujoldDined on 9/23/2014We left it up to him & he made tasty concoctions. The duck confit egg rolls were very good.Special Features:
- Try the crabcakes!CAngelesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Although the restaurant/bar is attached to the River Inn, the food and wines are very good. Keith is the wine expert! We took a visiting friend here and urged her to try the crabcakes. She loved it! Dish is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Foggy BottomDiscriminatingdinerDined on 9/13/2014I found this through another review and with its proximity to the Kennedy Center, we thought we'd try it out. Cozy restaurant located on the lobby floor of The River Inn on 25th street only a short stroll from the Kennedy Center. The menu had a nice variety of things from which to choose and even offered a pretheatre special. For the main course we both chose the salmon. It was tender and cooked just right. Their dessert choices are varied as well, and the apple beignet that I chose was delicious! Mention must be made of the attentive service. Despite the basic job that each employee had, all would tend to any needs of the customer right then. We felt cared for, but not smothered, the perfect mix of attention. We thorough enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh & tasty saladsChilangaDined on 8/25/2014I usually don't like hotel restaurants, but this will certainly be one of my exceptions. Met up with some girlfriends to catch up after a busy summer. We all ordered salads of some sort, and all were tasty and very fresh. Restaurant was dead ... as in no other patrons... wondered about this, but maybe at the end of August all the Foggy Bottom folks from the WB and GW were still away. Meant that we had great service and a quiet space to chat.Special Features:
- Una perla a Foggy-BottomKlingsor7Dined on 8/20/2014Piccolo ristorante all'interno del River-Inn Hotel. Pochi tavoli, ambiente rilassato, luci soffuse. Atmosfera piacevole. Cibo di qualità a prezzi giusti. Grande simpatia del proprietario da cui vi conviene farvi consigliare. Un bella cena, da ripetere.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulPickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Dish as we couldn't stop thinking about the scallops and taglietelle pasta dishes. We ventured out this time with the tuna appetizer and pork chop and everything was wonderful. The service is personal with table side tasting for our glass of wine. Highly recommend, but afraid of the word getting out.. he heSpecial Features:
- Great find in Foggy BottomNancyDined on 8/14/2014We've been dining in DC for years and never knew about this lovely boutique hotel The River View and restaurant, Dish + drinks. Perfect for a pre-Kennedy Center dinner, with valet parking and a 10 minute walk to KC. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish + DrinksSJdiningDined on 8/9/2014We love Dish + Drinks for our pre Kennedy Center dining. It's an easy 5 block walk. They valet park your car for $10 and you can pick it up after the show. The food is excellent and the menu offers many choices. It certainly saves time leaving the Kennedy Center and not having to fight that parking situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before a showJwlaDined on 8/8/2014Ate here prior to a show at the Kennedy Center (right down the street). Super place, great staff, and super helpful picking out a very good bottle of wine. Try the flourless choc. cake, yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably deliciousMorrVIPDined on 8/7/2014Good tasting, American food, with creative style. Casual dining.Special Features:
- CMTLDined on 8/1/2014good food made with quality ingredients; attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gem!AprimomDined on 8/1/2014Great little restaurant within walking distance to the Kennedy Center! Delicious meal, nice ambiance, reasonable prices, and very friendly staff. Would return again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater menuDinerDaveDined on 7/29/2014We ordered from their pre-theater menu, and told them when we had to leave for the show. However, the food took too long, such that we had to take our dessert (that included ice cream) with us and run out in order to get to the theater in time for the show. Since they have a pre-theater menu, they need to pace things so patrons can get to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in concept, poor in executionShermDined on 7/22/2014This place has a good menu (including a reasonable prixe fixe lunch menu) and cool ambiance, but the food and service are poor. I chose Dish for a business lunch, which took much longer than it should have. My steak was overcooked and my fries were oily like sponges. I'd give everything a "meh."
- Keith will take care of youArlingtonJayVIPDined on 7/15/2014When you visit DISH you'll most probably encounter Keith, who's the manager/bartender/overall go-to-guy, and shining star of the place. He can mix a great drink for you, pair a wine with your meal, and has a load of great stories, if you're the talkative, engaging, social type. My wife and I have been to DISH somewhere about a half dozen times, and will return. Oh yes, the food is really good, and that's the extra added bonus!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. WildeCWclanDined on 7/12/2014Good food, very friendly staff. Very convenient before Kennedy Center show. The food was very good, did not expect it to be so good, since it is in a hotel. good wine list also.
- A Great Find!NJMommamacDined on 7/10/2014Found this restaurant online and what a find! Excellent food, cooked to order and phenomenal service. Our party of 6 had a wonderful dinner! Highly recommend dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placerlabDined on 7/4/2014I highly recommend this little gem. Keith the manager is friendly and an accepting host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceLunchBunchDined on 7/2/2014First time experience, but will not be the last. Service spot on and everyone was very pleased with dinner; highlights were the pork and steak. If you are anywhere near the Foggy Bottom area, treat yourself to DISH+drinks.Special Features:
- Dinner and a ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/1/2014Great place for dinner before a night at the Kennedy Center. Small, intimate with delicious food. Keith provided us will wonderful service and fantastic recommendations.Special Features:
- NaganaDined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent. We all had a fish dish-salmon, tuna, and scallops. All loved the preparation! Portion size was very good-not huge nor too small.Special Features:
- Hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014This is a hotel restaurant with decent food and odd service. It's nearby to the Kennedy Center but I wouldn't recommend going unless you really just need to eat before the show. The servers seemed inexperienced and challenged by small requests that a regular restaurant could handle.
- Fabulous dinner for allOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014Every once in a while you get a perfect evening. The food, drinks, setting, &company. This was one of those nights. Everything was delicious. Two appetizers, 3 entrees, a bottle of wine and 2 desserts. The service was very good. Excellent knowledge and spot on recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered TreasureTopsinFoggyBottomDined on 6/19/2014Dish+drinks is located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Foggy Bottom. It is a small restaurant with a big heart for their clientele. Our waitress was attentive and courteous, never letting our water glasses go empty. The food is delicious and varied, and the three of us ordered three entirely different dishes. Cobb salad is fresh and satisfying; pasta was superior, served steaming hot. They offer an enjoyable prix fixe menu with appetizer/salad, main course and dessert for $20. We will indeed return to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findrobbieDined on 6/16/2014We needed a quick dinner before a meeting and dish fit the bill perfectly. Yummy dinner,pleasant and expedient service!Special Features:
- Small and friendlyCarolleemVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is one of our favorites. The restaurant is small and the food delicious. The staff tend to remain for long periods so that they remember their clientele. Keith, the bartender, is very good and their wine list is also good.Special Features:
- The following 768 reviews are from the DISH+drinks reviews archive.
- Sunday BrunchEnglandVIPDined on 5/25/2014We had a good meal before going to the Kennedy Center and they were very accommodating with someone in a wheelchair, including parking the car. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentcamnianjDined on 5/24/2014This has been my third time to the restaurant, and it hasn't been a disappointment. The service is great and the meals are delectable.Special Features:
- Great Serviceechcpa1Dined on 5/22/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. The food was flavorful and nicely presented with generous portions. The pre-theatre dinner is a bargain at $35. My spouse enjoyed the gazpacho, steak entree, and caramel apple pastry dessert. I opted for the soft shell crabs. Instead of mashed potatoes, asparagus was substituted at no extra charge, I might add. My spouse shared some of the apple dessert which was delicious.Special Features:
- You can skip itonly1SAtravelsVIPDined on 5/21/2014The food was mediocre at best. Crab salad was the only part of the meal that was good. Cute location in a residential section of West End, which may be better for drinks (?)
- Great Pre-theatre Prix Fixe!FoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014My guest and I had a very nice meal at DISH prior to catching the opera at the Kennedy Center. When we arrived it did seem a little confusing. They seem to have gotten rid of the host stand...so it's not immediately obvious how to be seated. The confusion didn't last long though. We were seated at a very busy time. I think our server was given 4 tables at the same time. That seemed like pretty bad management, but I will say that the staff including the manager and bartender all chipped in to make sure we were taken care of. I will definitely return!
- great finddinerDined on 5/15/2014We went to this place to celebrate our daughter's college graduation. Took a while to get seated, but once we were, it was a great experience. Our server was the manager or owner (not sure), and he was personable and so funny. The wine list was great and reasonably priced. The dinner was fantastic. This is a cute, small hideaway spot that I will definitely return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like a hotel restaurantLaughingTravellerVIPDined on 5/15/2014It's fine but nothing special. You are always very aware that it is a restaurant off a hotel lobby. The dishes themselves were very good - crab cakes with mostly jumbo lump crab, nicely prepared rockfish. Good sized portions. Service was friendly, attentive, not intrusive. Still, there are better places in the area - if you are heading over to Kennedy Center. If you are staying at the hotel and the weather is terrible - you're in luck - eat here.
- No check-in deskToscaVIPDined on 5/12/2014Dish used to have a podium at entrance for check-in (like all nice restaurants) and new management has made an error it eliminating it. The restaurant has lost elegance as a result, and now people just wander in, hang over other tables. Not nice. It has changed the pleasant atmosphere to one that is more down market. It is now less of a place to bring guests too. As neighborhood regulars at the restaurant, we can only hope that they will have ordered a new podium to replace it.
- Great lunch spotTTamaraDined on 5/12/2014We enjoyed the $20 prix fixe lunch, gazpacho, trout and apple beignets with salted caramel and pralines. Generous and delicious portions.Special Features:
- Good local optionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Food was very good and moderately priced. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great before Kennedy CenterTheBearDined on 5/10/2014This place was fantastic! Great stop before evening at the Kennedy Center. The food was exceptional as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Suspicious ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My date and I dined there for our first time before attending a show at the Kennedy Center. The waiter was very friendly & insisted that I try the dish with mussels because that was his favorite dish. I enjoyed the meal but the portion was a bit too much for me to eat and my waiter insisted that he could box it up for me and store it until the show was over and we could come back and get it. Long story short, before the waiter took it away from my table and boxed it I had 9-10 mussels yet once I received my meal back and opened it when I got home there were only 2 mussels left. I’m convinced the waiter ate my food before boxing it or spilled it on the floor. Either way I was highly disappointed.Special Features:
- lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014we love the food here and look forward to evenings at the kennedy center so that we can enjoy a dinner. the wine list is fantastic and the owner knows his wines. every time we come we get a different bottle of fantastic wine. always enjoyable.Special Features: