924 25th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dishanddrinks.com/
- Phone: 2023388707x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00am-10:00am,
Saturday & Sunday 8:00am-11:00am.
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30am-2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday through Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private parties for 40 people or more.
- Private Party Contact: Rudy Campos - GM 2023388707x
- Entertainment: Close to Kennedy Center and Georgetown.
A word from DISH+drinks
DISH+drinks is casually elegant American neighborhood restaurant set in historical Foggy Bottom. DISH+drinks features innovative American regional cooking focused on the freshest local ingredients and influenced by foods from the Bay to the Blue Ridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DISH+drinks reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (8)romantic (8)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- awesome foodDecoDCS72VIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a small place with fabulous food and friendly staff. We enjoyed all of our entrees, especially the home made pasta and our apple dessert was amazing. Would definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We were disappointed by the food. My husband and our guest ordered the steak, which had to be sent back because it was inedible. When the bill came, no adjustments were made (a substitution was made, but this was very disappointing and I feel that this should have been reflected in the price). The waitress acted like she was inconvenienced by the bad food and was not as polite as would be expected. Overall, a big mistake. And an expensive one at that.
- Service and food was greatSaltEWaterDined on 10/17/2014A small restaurant in a small hotel in a narrow tree lined street. Very cozy with great food. Would go back again. Pistachio creme brûlée was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Kennedy Center DiningSWAMDined on 10/15/2014The wait staff asked if we had plans and served our meal so that we had a leisurely dining experience before our performance. They allowed us to try two wines so we could make the best selection; the second recommendationwas outstanding. The pre-fixed meal was wonderful and the price was excellent. We have been to DISH several times and have never had a bad meal there. Our huge salmon portion was cooked well and the lentils and spinach made for perfect main course. The salad was huge, fresh, tastey and beautiful. The butternut squash soup was excellent. Unfortunately we could only choose one desert, which made choosing difficult.Special Features:
- Best Option for KC DiningDCDinerVIPDined on 10/15/2014Flash fried calamari and vegetables to start was a real hit, as was the New Zealand lamb chops accompanied by a delicious sweet potato and chorizo side dish. Save room for the apple beignets-you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post kennedy center dinnerKimJongUnDined on 10/10/2014I had the duck, friend had pork chops, both nicely complimented with squash. Menu and seating are limited, but every item was delicious and creative without being ostentatious. Prices are reasonable. Great little hotel restaurant . I highly recommend the pistachio creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food done rightCMTLDined on 10/4/2014A repeat visit...and the intent is to return as often as possible. Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide for a comfortable atmosphere. Food was delicately prepared , with the most carefully chosen ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy with our mealfabulousroseDined on 10/4/2014We had been looking for a restaurant we could enjoy for pre theatre dining. I believe we have found it. Dish was perfect. Great food, amazingly wonderful and relaxed service, and a hop skip jump from the Kennedy center shuttle. We enjoyed our meal so much that even two days later, we are still smiling and raving about it. Loved it.Special Features:
- Good restaurant in a hotelPhillygirlDined on 10/3/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we ate dinner and breakfast at DISH+Drinks. We stayed at an AirBnB across the street and looked for something close, comfortable, with good food. We were happy on all counts. Noise level was fine when we arrived (it was not very full), but as the evening went on, more people came in. There was a lively scene at the bar, and tables were full of people enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. Everything we ordered was tasty, well prepared. My husband got crab cakes that were full of crab, not excessively breaded. I had the pork chop. Veggies were fresh and well prepared. Mango sorbet was a lovely finish to the meal. Staff were uniformly helpful and friendly. We went back for breakfast the next day - also very good.Special Features:
- Terrible and unfriendly serviceDisappointedDined on 10/1/2014The service for the night I dined at Dish and Drinks was appalling. It took twenty minutes for the drinks to arrive. Another half your for the food, and the check just never appeared until I walked up to the waiter and demanded it. Never again!
- Surprised!GWSteveDined on 9/29/2014With a dearth of fine dining in this part of town, I was surprised to find both excellent plates and attentive service. I had an important client with me and needed somewhere with a decent menu on a week night after a late meeting, but was also quiet enough to talk business. It hit the mark on both. It's tucked inside a boutique hotel, close to but hidden from the loud bustling crowds on Washington Circle and Penn Ave. The name of the place put me off at first, but the experience was terrific. I wish I could remember the name of our server. She was excellent and pleasantly conversational too. I will remember this one and go back.Special Features:
- RonJoanDined on 9/27/2014Very noisy, no carpet. Crab cakes excellent. Stuffed flounder a bit mushy. Maitre-d said it was "northern flounder" not southern which is firmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just greatRalphDined on 9/24/2014This was our first time here, and we loved it. Everything we had was prepared with flair and beautifully presented, and the service could not have been nicer. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Fun & talented bartenderbujoldDined on 9/23/2014We left it up to him & he made tasty concoctions. The duck confit egg rolls were very good.Special Features:
- Try the crabcakes!CAngelesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Although the restaurant/bar is attached to the River Inn, the food and wines are very good. Keith is the wine expert! We took a visiting friend here and urged her to try the crabcakes. She loved it! Dish is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Foggy BottomDiscriminatingdinerDined on 9/13/2014I found this through another review and with its proximity to the Kennedy Center, we thought we'd try it out. Cozy restaurant located on the lobby floor of The River Inn on 25th street only a short stroll from the Kennedy Center. The menu had a nice variety of things from which to choose and even offered a pretheatre special. For the main course we both chose the salmon. It was tender and cooked just right. Their dessert choices are varied as well, and the apple beignet that I chose was delicious! Mention must be made of the attentive service. Despite the basic job that each employee had, all would tend to any needs of the customer right then. We felt cared for, but not smothered, the perfect mix of attention. We thorough enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh & tasty saladsChilangaDined on 8/25/2014I usually don't like hotel restaurants, but this will certainly be one of my exceptions. Met up with some girlfriends to catch up after a busy summer. We all ordered salads of some sort, and all were tasty and very fresh. Restaurant was dead ... as in no other patrons... wondered about this, but maybe at the end of August all the Foggy Bottom folks from the WB and GW were still away. Meant that we had great service and a quiet space to chat.Special Features:
- Una perla a Foggy-BottomKlingsor7Dined on 8/20/2014Piccolo ristorante all'interno del River-Inn Hotel. Pochi tavoli, ambiente rilassato, luci soffuse. Atmosfera piacevole. Cibo di qualità a prezzi giusti. Grande simpatia del proprietario da cui vi conviene farvi consigliare. Un bella cena, da ripetere.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulPickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Dish as we couldn't stop thinking about the scallops and taglietelle pasta dishes. We ventured out this time with the tuna appetizer and pork chop and everything was wonderful. The service is personal with table side tasting for our glass of wine. Highly recommend, but afraid of the word getting out.. he heSpecial Features:
- Great find in Foggy BottomNancyDined on 8/14/2014We've been dining in DC for years and never knew about this lovely boutique hotel The River View and restaurant, Dish + drinks. Perfect for a pre-Kennedy Center dinner, with valet parking and a 10 minute walk to KC. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dish + DrinksSJdiningDined on 8/9/2014We love Dish + Drinks for our pre Kennedy Center dining. It's an easy 5 block walk. They valet park your car for $10 and you can pick it up after the show. The food is excellent and the menu offers many choices. It certainly saves time leaving the Kennedy Center and not having to fight that parking situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before a showJwlaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Ate here prior to a show at the Kennedy Center (right down the street). Super place, great staff, and super helpful picking out a very good bottle of wine. Try the flourless choc. cake, yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably deliciousMorrVIPDined on 8/7/2014Good tasting, American food, with creative style. Casual dining.Special Features:
- CMTLDined on 8/1/2014good food made with quality ingredients; attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gem!AprimomDined on 8/1/2014Great little restaurant within walking distance to the Kennedy Center! Delicious meal, nice ambiance, reasonable prices, and very friendly staff. Would return again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater menuDinerDaveDined on 7/29/2014We ordered from their pre-theater menu, and told them when we had to leave for the show. However, the food took too long, such that we had to take our dessert (that included ice cream) with us and run out in order to get to the theater in time for the show. Since they have a pre-theater menu, they need to pace things so patrons can get to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great off the beaten path placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2014This place combines great food, great service, and a great atmosphere. Take your picky eaters here and the foodies will love it as well. Great wine list at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good in concept, poor in executionShermDined on 7/22/2014This place has a good menu (including a reasonable prixe fixe lunch menu) and cool ambiance, but the food and service are poor. I chose Dish for a business lunch, which took much longer than it should have. My steak was overcooked and my fries were oily like sponges. I'd give everything a "meh."
- Keith will take care of youArlingtonJayVIPDined on 7/15/2014When you visit DISH you'll most probably encounter Keith, who's the manager/bartender/overall go-to-guy, and shining star of the place. He can mix a great drink for you, pair a wine with your meal, and has a load of great stories, if you're the talkative, engaging, social type. My wife and I have been to DISH somewhere about a half dozen times, and will return. Oh yes, the food is really good, and that's the extra added bonus!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. WildeCWclanDined on 7/12/2014Good food, very friendly staff. Very convenient before Kennedy Center show. The food was very good, did not expect it to be so good, since it is in a hotel. good wine list also.
- A Great Find!NJMommamacDined on 7/10/2014Found this restaurant online and what a find! Excellent food, cooked to order and phenomenal service. Our party of 6 had a wonderful dinner! Highly recommend dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placerlabDined on 7/4/2014I highly recommend this little gem. Keith the manager is friendly and an accepting host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceLunchBunchDined on 7/2/2014First time experience, but will not be the last. Service spot on and everyone was very pleased with dinner; highlights were the pork and steak. If you are anywhere near the Foggy Bottom area, treat yourself to DISH+drinks.Special Features:
- Dinner and a ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/1/2014Great place for dinner before a night at the Kennedy Center. Small, intimate with delicious food. Keith provided us will wonderful service and fantastic recommendations.Special Features:
- NaganaDined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent. We all had a fish dish-salmon, tuna, and scallops. All loved the preparation! Portion size was very good-not huge nor too small.Special Features:
- Hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014This is a hotel restaurant with decent food and odd service. It's nearby to the Kennedy Center but I wouldn't recommend going unless you really just need to eat before the show. The servers seemed inexperienced and challenged by small requests that a regular restaurant could handle.
- The following 772 reviews are from the DISH+drinks reviews archive.
- Fabulous dinner for allOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014Every once in a while you get a perfect evening. The food, drinks, setting, &company. This was one of those nights. Everything was delicious. Two appetizers, 3 entrees, a bottle of wine and 2 desserts. The service was very good. Excellent knowledge and spot on recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered TreasureTopsinFoggyBottomDined on 6/19/2014Dish+drinks is located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Foggy Bottom. It is a small restaurant with a big heart for their clientele. Our waitress was attentive and courteous, never letting our water glasses go empty. The food is delicious and varied, and the three of us ordered three entirely different dishes. Cobb salad is fresh and satisfying; pasta was superior, served steaming hot. They offer an enjoyable prix fixe menu with appetizer/salad, main course and dessert for $20. We will indeed return to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findrobbieDined on 6/16/2014We needed a quick dinner before a meeting and dish fit the bill perfectly. Yummy dinner,pleasant and expedient service!Special Features:
- Small and friendlyCarolleemVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is one of our favorites. The restaurant is small and the food delicious. The staff tend to remain for long periods so that they remember their clientele. Keith, the bartender, is very good and their wine list is also good.Special Features: