DiSalvo's Station Restaurant
325 McKinley Ave
Latrobe, PA 15650Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
DiSalvo's Station Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.disalvosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (724) 539-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Larry Shaw & Gaetano DiSalvo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Packages and customized menus available in all budgets. On premise and off premise available.
- Private Party Facilities: Turn of the century, national historic landmark train station. Accommodations up to 350 people. All corporate and social gatherings welcome.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Fossati 7245390500
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday nights. 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM in Joey D's Cigar Bar.
A word from DiSalvo's Station Restaurant
Turn of the century historic landmark train station featuring a dining and entertainment like no other in western PA. Ala cart Italian cuisine complemented with wine, beer and spirits from around the world. Banquet facility with accommodations of up to 350 people. Joey D's Cigar bar: the area's only cigar bar and retail store. Prima Classe dining car is an actual restaurant within the restaurant offering a five course verbal menu featuring only fresh products and ingredients bought at market that day. Open Friday and Saturday only by reservation. Personal service is provided by the father and son team of the DiSalvo family: Chef Gaetano DiSalvo and gracious host Joseph DiSalvo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DiSalvo's Station Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (6)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Loyal CustomerPiscesDined on 11/8/2014We've been going to DiSalvo's for many years and it never disappoints. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The evening was planned for our anniversary. We moved out of state and had not been back to the restaurant where we were married 13 years ago. The waitress was great. The food was so-so. The noise level was very high. Most likely would not recommend to any of my friends seeking out restaurants.Special Features:
- DavePDined on 10/10/2014I made a reservation for my wife and I for our anniversary. We were looking forward to going all week. Well, don't expect the ambiance to be like what us shown on their site unless you are having something in the banquet area. The service was the only thing that was decent. The food was very bland and moderately priced. It was very quiet there, no need for a reservation. Not a very good overall experience. I would say that MAYBE we would give them another try in the future, but I really don't believe it would be worth the drive or the money. Sorry, but trueSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerhiddentreasurefoundDined on 9/21/2014We were celebrating our 5 year Anniversary and this was somewhere that we looked at for our reception even though we didn't have our reception here it was always on our mind to try here. Boy were we impressed from the staff to the food everything was top notch. We can't wait to dine here again.Special Features:
- Total Dining ExperienceBhungry51Dined on 8/30/2014Upon our arrival, the restaurant manager was extremely friendly and offered us a tour of the restaurant while noting all its unique features. We felt very welcome and it was a nice starting touch to our evening of dining with family. Our waiter was very helpful especially with selecting a wine to suit our palates. All of our entrees were made to perfection. Everyone in our party had a lovely time and look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Good Prices...Gforce134Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent, and there was an abundent choices to make, from appetizers to entress to dessert! The only are this restaraunt is lacking in is ambiance! The inside is dated and eccletic. This could be a beautiful place to dine if they would invest and remodel! As they say, "The bones are good, just need some window dressing" !Special Features:
- Something DifferentLovethetrain7Dined on 8/10/2014I was meeting my daughter's special friend for the first time; and I wanted to do something different and special concerning a meal with them. Since she came from our small town of Latrobe, and he from the city close to D.C., DiSalvo's Station was a unique choice for me. The restaurant being an actual train station, and adding a classy, elegant setting, was a no-brainer for a first impression! The food was very good, and the service first rate. I'm glad we went there; he thought it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the DiSalvo's Station Restaurant reviews archive.
- Date nightDatenightdinnerDined on 7/19/2014We had a nice experience. We left our 2 year old at home with a sitter because we didn't feel this was a place for her on a Saturday night, we are glad we did. The service to get out appetizer was a bit slow due to a party in the dining car, but after that, things went smoothly. We were there for an hour and a half total. We had everything from appetizers to dessert. We both had the filet mingion with was good and tender. No choice on starch or veggie, you get what they serve that day. House salad was very good. Alcoholic drinks were a bit pricey, $10.00 for a martini! Never get those, but decided to try one for a special night. It was good, but not worth $10.00. We had a great time & want to try the Sunday brunch next w/ our daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!RoyalDined on 7/19/2014DiSalvo's is a restaurant we like to visit for a special night out. The service is always very good, the food is wonderful, and the atmosphere is always relaxing. It is quiet except for the occasional rumble of a passing train - which adds nicely to the atmosphere. I especially like the mushroom filled ravioli which I can find nowhere else locally. My wife and I travel a lot and eat out quite a bit, and this is one of the most enjoyable restaurants we have found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveningdnelson810Dined on 7/5/2014Food was fabulous, great service, atmosphere was was outstanding. Cigar bar after dinner was amazing. 5 stars from me.....!!!Special Features:
- Amazing service, outstanding foodDonnieDined on 7/2/2014We went to Disalvo's with a groupon we had bought. We knew the menu was pricey and wanted to try it at a discount. We went on Wednesday evening and there were only a few other diners. Rick, our waiter, treated us like royalty. Granted there wasn't much else going on but he catered to our every need. The food was great and while we waited for our desserts to be brought out Rick gave us a tour of the restaurant. We want to go back for their Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food was great and the atmosphere is really different. You find anywhere else around like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluckenbaughDined on 6/6/2014I love it here. We always go for special occasions or when we get the Groupon deal which is $35 for a appetizer and two entrees. The crab cakes are large lump crab with very little breading on top and bottom just enough to hold it together. The calamari is amazing and the basil aoli goes great with the crab. Not really a place to take the kids though not to mention its a little pricy but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitomcmorganDined on 5/31/2014Getting here early pays off. We had the dining room to ourselves for the first half an hour. All the food on the menu has been good with good portion sizes. If I had one negative the glass sizes are small. The poor waiter was running back and forth a lot filling them for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boonyDined on 5/30/2014great ambience, great menu...food cooked to perfection...Joey greets everyone personally and really makes you feel welcome...will definitely be going back.. after dinner enjoyed the cigar bar downstairs...impeccable service continues down there as well, after choosing a cigar, Joey D. cuts and lights it for you...just an all around enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD but PriceyTastyDined on 5/25/2014I would like a better salad - my party did not like raisins in salad and I cannot eat nuts so you are left with lettuce and not alot. Also I was disappointed that there was a $4 upcharge for vegetable versus pasta as side. Sometimes pasta doesn't always go with certain dishes. Food was very good just pricey.Special Features:
- In town for Railroad and DinnerNorthwestOhioGuyDined on 5/16/2014I have known about the restaurant for years (due to its location in the former Pennsylvania Railroad Latrobe station) and was in the area for the weekend, thought we'd give it a try. I was a bit concerned as it was fancier than what we are used to, but my meal was very good, and our waiter did an excellent job tending to our needs. There was plenty of food, in fact I declined the salad as I was afraid it would be too much for me. For a Friday night, it was not crowded at all. I would definitely dine there again, it was a pleasant experience for my wife and I.Special Features:
- Good BrunchDanaDined on 5/11/2014Good brunch with great service. When the restaurant opened we were seated promptly by a very nice Host. Tables were all set up and wait staff were all very nice. Buffet was good although the salad bar could have been a bit better. Thoroughly enjoyed the visit.Special Features:
- Interesting +Good Food & ServicegoodfoodDined on 4/30/2014Very quiet since the restaurant and bar were almost empty (early evening on a week night) and the service was very good and the food was top-notch. Old, but still active train station provided interesting architecture and displays, including a rail car for dining inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014A very nice and unusual atmosphere. The chicken parmesan was a very tasty with a large portion and along with side of pasta and a salad was very filling. The tables are a little close to the group area which made for a little more noise than I would prefer. The wait staff was very attentive and accommodating. It was a very pleasant and satisfying experience. We definitely will return and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Never heard of this place before but won't forget it. We will be back here for sure. This is one of the most unique restaurants I've seen. Everyone in my party loved their meals and the downstairs bar is a great bonus I didn't notice until the end of our night. This old train station has a certain charm to it that feet few places do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great historic landmark!di7salvosDined on 3/22/2014The DiSalvo's is a great landmark! Very nice, clean. The dining room we were in, the carpet was frayed and needed replaced badly. The waitress was great in the begining. Her name was Lori. Towards the middle, she started to slow down slightly because of getting busier. It took only about 3 minutes to get our appetizer, which I thought was impressive! Our salads came out about 4-5 minutes after we were done with our appetizers. The occasion I went there for is, my son (7) and I went there for my wives birthday. Normally we go to Red Lobster. We placed specifically on the reservation about this. They didn't even acknowledge it. At the very end, Lori was hard to find and I wouldn't recomment her for a waitress. But overall, ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere was great!VKoshirDined on 3/14/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. We did think it was a bit overpriced and we did not understand why reservations were required.Special Features:
- Restaurant with PersonalityAbbyDined on 3/8/2014After finding DiSalvo's via a groupon deal, we have returned numerous times for the great food and wine selection. The restuarant is beautiful and historic, and has been carefully restored. Service is very good, and it is quite nice to stop downstairs to visit the cigar bar after dinner, and Joey always seems to be available to help select the perfect cigaror bottle of wine.Special Features:
- good restauranttjkdmkVIPDined on 3/6/2014we enjoyed our meal, but it was a little cold in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodLittleDissappointedVIPDined on 3/1/2014the Calamari Appetizer is to die for with the basil aioli sauce and the desserts were not too sweet but just a perfect ending to the meal The servers were very helpful and made excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- My husband and I really enjoyedCookieDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinners at DiSalvo's Station. It was a very nice atmosphere and the service was great!! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprisedgreat2eathereDined on 2/22/2014We were pleasantly surprised in quite a few areas: * Service was exceptional * Our appetizer was the best we have had in a lond time...( Breaded Zucchini ) * Meals were excellent ( Chicken Marsala, Veal Parm) * Our waiter gave us a tour after we were finished We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant I know of..LadyinRedDined on 2/15/2014I dislike eating out because generally the food is usually sub-par to what I would cook at home. DiSalvo's Station is the exception. Not only is the food incredible but the staff are wonderful, attentive and seem to genuinely care whether or not you are enjoying your visit. Joey D's cigar bar downstairs is a nice, relaxing spot for a drink and Joey walks around making certain guests are satisfied. It's the epitome of feeling welcomed into a family for your meal and far beyond the typical fare of family dinners. For the experience the prices are very reasonable. It's simply worth the hour drive it takes for me toget there. If you're looking for exquisite food in a beautiful setting, you can't do better than DiSalvos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayTom5Dined on 2/15/2014Beautiful old train station converted to a restaurant. Busy night for valentine's day with a limited menu. Excellent lamb chops and fine service.My wife enjoyed the veal. Definitely recommend the food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Dining ExperienceDarylDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I dined at DiSalvo's Station for Valentine's Day. Our dinners were amazingly delicious and the dessert was magnificent. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive, and we were treated like celebrities by the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Romantic DiscoveryBeachakraDined on 2/14/2014We had an elegant Valentine's Day dinner. Our waitress was wonderful, the menu was awesome and the after dinner sports bar was a very nice way to end the evening. One dinner draw back: my husband ordered a medium rare steak, but it was served more medium done--no pink. One ambiance wrinkle: the tables were so close that a medium sized person had trouble walking between them. However, I am sure we will return for a second opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Our Lobster Ravoli was under cooked but the sauce was delicious. My crab cakes were a B+ but that's because I'm extremely picky. It was almost all crab, hardly any stuffing and great flavor but I feel that it was missing a little seasoning. The caesar salad was awesome! Dressing and croutons tasted homemade. My husbands filet mignon was an A+ according to him. We also enjoyed the starch and vegetable of the day. Two things that bothered me was the corner we sat in was a little noisy from the kitchen and you could see the kitchen area because the temporary wall has a slit in it. Also, while I was eating I could really smell the cigars. We went down to the cigar bar after but I am not one to combine the two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was decent food, I thinkAlly335Dined on 12/21/2013It was decent food, I think I made a poor selection though. Everybody else's meal was great. The owner was obviously present greeting 'regulars' or friends in my opinion, who got served much quicker then we did. We we're there much before those 2 tables, and we're served relatively long after they were. That bias shouldn't be so obviously. Otherwise it was a beautiful restaurant, and overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableAnniversarydiningDined on 9/20/2013We only have good things to say about this restaurant. We ate their for our anniversary and loved the ambiance, great service, and friendly staff. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find! Very pleasant,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013What a find! Very pleasant, great food and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was veryAshleyDined on 7/19/2013The food and service was very good. I will tell me friends and family .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Restaurant!!!HappyCustomerDined on 7/19/2013Celebrated my father's birthday with a group of 4 of us. He is a lover of trains and enjoyed the environment of the historic train station. The food was delicous and well worth the price! Fantastic Italian cuisine!!! It was a great way to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A former railroad train station,SerendipityDined on 6/20/2013A former railroad train station, complete with must-see cigar bar in the basement. The food was quite good , the prices resonable and the service outstanding. I'm likely to return when I'm in the Latrobe/Pittsburgh PA area.Special Features:
- Best Kept SecretKLFJDined on 6/5/2013DiSalvo's Station is one of the Pittsburgh areas best kept secrets. The food is excellent, and the menu is broad enough to appeal to anyone. Servers are polite, attentive, and prompt. The restaurant itself is clean, and well decorated, keeping with its former life as a trainstation. After dinner, the cigar bar downstairs is a great way to extend the evening. Every time I come here for dinner, I ask myself what took so long to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.