Diplomat Prime – Diplomat Resort & Spa
3555 S. Ocean Drive
Hollywood, FL 33019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Diplomat Prime – Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodprime.com/
- Phone: (954) 602-8347
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Anthony Dicillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Diplomat Prime – Diplomat Resort & Spa
Diplomat Prime, located in Hollywood, Florida, sets the standards for seafood and steak house fine dining. This intimate dining experience offers the freshest catches and prime beef with impressive wine selections. Whether your palate desires a steak house or you are looking for a celebratory destination Diplomat Prime will certainly satisfy. Private dining rooms are also available and reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Diplomat Prime – Diplomat Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Diplomat Prime – Diplomat Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (26)romantic (25)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great service and foodwillyDined on 11/17/2014I went to this restaurant with my wife for our 1 year anniversary. I was referred by a good friend of ours. The service was incredible and the food was out of this world. Hands down the best steak I have ever had in my life. I actually overheard other customers saying the same thing over dinner. Would definitely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food. The wine list was greaBigODined on 11/15/2014greatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a second try-sonjauVIPDined on 11/13/2014The hostess was very pleasant upon my arrival and when I told her I was actually a party of 1 rather than 2 (always book a table for two in order to get a larger one when travelling alone), was guided what I like to call a "punish" table---usually one of two tables for two stuck in some awkard place in the restaurant like next to a water station or something like that. I was not bothered and I didn't ask for a larger table even though it was a 6:00 pm reservation and the entire restaurant was empty. My waiter arrived promptly and appeared to be interested in helping me. I ordered the Beef Carpaccio, the 8% Filet, and a side order (split into two different selections) of white cheddar mashed potatoes and roasted mushrooms. I also had two cocktails and ordered a bottle of Jordan Cabernet 2010 (unopened) to take back up to my room for later. The food came out.....the waiter disappeared. Frank (the waiter) had glued himself to other tables for the next 20 minutes and never bothered to check to see if one---the steak was properly cooked, and two---if there was a need for another cocktail. I paid my bill and left--even tipped on the wine, which many do not and would not have done considering the experience. I was staying at the hotel for another 4 days and had another reservation and decided to give it another chance and glad I did. I just finished my second dinner there this evening. THIS time, my waiter was Diego. This gentlemen was wonderful and told me of appetizers that were not even on the menu, which Frank did not tell me about. In the end, Frank would have cost the restaurant a ONE of the rating and Diego a 5.....to balance it out, I gave a 3.....the restaurant should be aware of the inconsistency in service, especially to lone female diners that are well travelled and have the potential to tip well but are dismissed. Will I be back?.....not my neck of the woods for travelling, but if I come back to Hollywood FL and Diego is working, I'd have to say yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIX Stars ....I raised the barAngel4RealDined on 11/8/2014Outstanding expirence for anyone who understands the finest of fine All others need not attend..... Perfect in every way... A genuine slice of being treated like Royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a steakhouseTpontiVIPDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance is great - very posh and cozy. Both my husband and I had the dry aged rib eye, and it was totally acceptable, if not a little too charred on the outside for my taste (the temperature inside was fine). A little pricier than the usual national chain steakhouse, but not sure what the extra money was for. I don't think I would drive from Boca to dine here again. Plenty of good steak close to home. Good for a special/romantic occasion.
- Special birthday dinnerFarfalla1018VIPDined on 11/4/2014we celebrated our father's 86th Bday at Diplomat Prime. The service was impeccable and my father said after that "he had never enjoyed a dinner as much". Amazing for an 86 year old. Im sure some of that was the company but in truth, the steak was literally perfect as was the wonderful service and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and excellent foodfoodfortravelDined on 11/3/2014I went to the Diplomat two days in a row. Food was consistent and delicious. Service was fantastic. Their selection of high grade meats is as you would expect of such s high priced restaurant. I will say that the hosts service on both nights was slow and they seemed indifferent to everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningpeppermintDined on 10/30/2014Truly a relaxed elegant atmosphere. Great Service and great food. A true dining experience. Minutes from our home, nice having this premier restaurant in our own backyard.Special Features:
- steak-lovers' delightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014We try to visit this restaurant - situated in the beautiful Diplomat Hotel - every time we are in Hollywood. The food is superb, the staff is lovely and the ambience is elegant. Even my non-foodie friend loves it!Special Features:
- Nice but not 5 StarsFoodboofVIPDined on 10/18/2014After being to Bourbon Steak House and Steak 954, we are spoiled, and just thought the food here was ok to decent. To be honest, overpriced for what you got. The location and the Ambiance is the best we have been too. The service was good but not outstanding, I had to pour my wine because our waiter just did not check up on us as much. (But we still like him) For two people the cost was $240 (the includes 20% tip and taxes) in the end we have better ways to spend our $$. ( Not sure what all the fuss is about on Yelp about this place)Special Features:
- Ok for a hotel restataurantLesnspDined on 9/30/2014The place was small but a very well design, you could hear everyone at your table but not the table next to you which was nice. The service was great, pricing was standard for an upscale steakhouse but the steaks were not that great. I would go back if I were staying at the Westin Diplomat again but would not go out of my way to go.Special Features:
- perfection...misterbobDined on 9/5/2014perfect, romantic spot for an evening out with amazing steak. don't let the fact it is inside a spectacular hotel on the beach fool you…this is NOT hotel food. our steaks were cooked to juicy, tasteful perfection, and the service was all you could expect of a 5 star restaurant. pricey…but very worth it!Special Features:
- Foodie2goDined on 8/31/2014Excellent steakhouse, huge portions so sharing is a must. Very attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- Great SteakFoodieDaveVIPDined on 8/28/2014My friends and I have eaten here many times - always an exceptional evening. Great food and great service is the norm. Tonight they had a Wagu Tomahawk Rib Eye as a special and it was one of the best pieces of meat I have ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9yr. AnniversaryDozerDined on 8/23/2014We were last at the resort nine years ago after getting married. We stayed the night before leaving for or Honeymoon the next day. We didn't get a chance to dine in the resort that night as we went out to meet some friends and family. What a mistake. Dining at Hollywood Prime was everything the website said it would be. It far exceeded our expectations. Our server Robert was great, explaining all of the food choices for us and attending to my wife and I like royalty. The food ......excellent. The Wife had The Surf and Turf, I had the 32 oz. Prime rib and it was awsome. Loved everything about our visit. Robert also furnished a great dessert tray for us served on a platter the read Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. Nice touch!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant diningAtlantaRobinDined on 8/9/2014A real gem tucked in a very busy hotel. Great service and the food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of The Bestrhw500VIPDined on 8/8/2014Undoubtedly we are fortunate enough to have many of the finest restaurants in the United States located just a stones throw away between Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beach. Hollywood Prime sets the example in terms of fine dining in South Florida. Their selection of fine foods matched with outstanding white glove service makes this dining experience a prime example of what a fine dining should be. I have been a loyal customer since 2003. quality of service makes this one of the finest choice forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore's ParadiseGlobalDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I had two of the best steaks we've had in years and worth every cent. Portions are large, so come hungry. Excellent martinis, wine and after dinner drinks selection. You will certainly leave fulfilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 221 reviews are from the Diplomat Prime – Diplomat Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Perfect special occassionBookwormDined on 7/27/2014I was extremely impressed. The food was good, but the service was absolutely outstanding. Even though we'd checked into the hotel under my new husband's name and my maiden name on the restaurant reservation, they knew that we were newlyweds and gave us an absolutely royal treatment. All of the food was outstanding, and obviously of high quality. It is pricey, especially if you're into wine. We don't spend money like that except on special occasions but for our wedding night going there was one of the best decisions we made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LARRYDDined on 7/12/2014WORTH THE DRIVE FROM BOCA, ALL DETAILS WERE TOO PERFECTIONSpecial Features:
- KrolikDined on 7/9/2014very good place for spend time with friend or familySpecial Features:
- Special AnniversaryLexingtonLadyDined on 6/22/2014We were visiting Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood from SC for our anniversary and chose Hollywood Prime for our special dinner. They made it that plus much more. The dinner was fabulous, the service was impeccable, the ambience very romantic, the wine delicious, the entire evening SPECIAL. They topped it off by bringing a dessert sampler plate to us decorated with "Happy Anniversary" as a surprise. It was an exceptional evening!Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse!FoodDudeDined on 6/20/2014Great steak, awesome service. The room was long and narrow like a hallway, but still ambient. We sat close to the front door and still felt like we were inside the dining room. Nice place, glad I came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, DIVINE experience!badkindleDined on 6/16/2014Looked at the menu and decided to make a reservation at Hollywood Prime. Waitstaff was incredible and attentive. The food divine. Started with an incredible Cosmopolitan and an amuse-bouche of lamb loin on onion jelly - scrumptious. My appetizer was escargot topped with puff pastry that was delicious, all garlicky and sweet! I chose the bone-in aged filet (9oz) cooked medium rare, and was ecstatic about it. Tender and perfectly cooked, the meat had a wonderful flavor. It was served with a homemade steak sauce - YUM! Sides are ala carte and I ordered asparagus/hollandaise (double YUM) and truffle frites (delicious!). DESSERT? OMG chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream - heavenly, but the portion was HUGE, so I couldn't finish.Special Features:
- Pretentious and overpriced!HoukaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Been to Prime in the past and the place needs an overhaul. Waiters are obnoxious as are hostesses. Food came cold. Bread was rationed. A dining experience this was not. They should send staff to Victoria & Albert's at Disney for training. This is a beach conference center tourist trap.
- mlorenmlorenDined on 6/14/2014OK quality for reasonable price. Nothing exceptional but within an area with not plenty options in this levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite good but priceyBroncoVIPDined on 6/14/2014Last Saturday night, for a special occasion we went to Hollywood Prime. We had been there once a few years ago. At that time, they allowed wine to be brought in from the outside, not any more. This disappointed me, as I have an extensive cellar. We ordered a bottle from their wine list, which was pretty much all recent vintages, no older wines. And somewhat pricey. I had recently purchased a bottle on their wine list for $42, they were charging $128 for the identical red wine. The food was quite good and the service excellent. No view however, no windows either. Several menu items were marked "Market Price". That's OK for lobster, etc., but for lamb chops? When I saw the bill I knew why. The lamb chops were $72 for a single serving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightFoodie12VIPDined on 6/11/2014My friend and I went for dinner and had a great time. The ambiance was great and wuiet inside with great music playing. I had the French onion soup for a starter and it was absolutely delicious. Lobster tail was ok. Next time I go I will obviously get the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal for a special occasionLove1977Dined on 6/8/2014My fiance & I were looking for a great steakhouse in the Hollywood area after getting engaged, and we definitely found it! Amazing food, we had the porterhouse steak, with a few sides. Oysters for appetizer were fresh & yum! Bread was amazing! Try the truffle has browns, you won't regret it! Atmosphere was quiet, we went on a Sunday night. Great, attentive service. Can't ask for more.Special Features:
- One of the great steak restaurantsLorimccarVIPDined on 6/8/2014We have been several times now, and Prime is still our favorite South Florida steak restaurant. The sides are also fantastic. We got the hash browns with truffle oil and the brocolini. This is the only place I've been that offers a filet mignon with the bone in! Remarkably better steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollywood PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Great evening, the food, service and ambiance was outstanding!!! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best...perfection!BobandDeniseColumbusOhioDined on 5/28/2014We have dined at the best steakhouses all over the country and Hollywood Prime is by far the best steakhouse of all. Everthing is perfect ...food, drinks, service and atmosphere. Ask for Robert to be your Server if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner was very niceCharlieBrownDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I went to Hollywood Prime for our anniversary dinner. The staff was very gracious and helpful with the menu and the wine list. Although they didn't have the best steaks we have ever had but they were very well prepared and great cuts of meat, the seasoning was not our favorite. The sides were spectacular we had the White cheddar mashed potatoes, and mushrooms? We enjoyed our time there, the great service and atmosphere of the resturant. Be prepared to pay a little extra for your dinner on this evening but you shouldn't be disappointed. The desserts were great and the wine was perfect, also be sure to make a reservation since they do not always have open seats.Special Features:
- Incredible SteakTruluckVIPDined on 5/11/2014We dined here on Mother's Day. For a party of 4 with drinks and tip the bill was $486. We each had the Filet which was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Our server Jean was so personable and attentive. Definitely HIGH END dining for a special occasion.Special Features:
- awesomeluv2dineDined on 5/5/2014Went to Hollywood Prime for my birthday. Everything i ordered was delicious. My steak was cooked to perfection. Onion soup was out of this world. Best onion soup i've ever had. Jumbo Lump Crab cockail was exceptional. They gave me a complimentary birthday dessert. Will recommend this place to friends and i am looking forward to another dinner experience at Hollywood Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!!JenSDined on 5/3/2014Great food and service, which made for a perfect experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMs2012Dined on 5/2/2014The food and the service were great. We had the stone crabs strip loin fillet and several side dishes that were all great. The wine was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPeachcakeDined on 5/1/2014We have been to Hollywood Prime 3 times over several years, and have never been disappointed. It has been a consistently excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its finestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014This is one of our Hollywood favorites. The food, service and ambience are all first class, without being stuffy. Drinks are well prepared, too - check out the mixed berry martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sigh...HP can't cook steak to tempTexasSteakLoverDined on 4/24/2014Pros--well seasoned steak, attentive service that wasn't intrusive, delicious mashed potatoes Cons--steak ordered medium rare was medium plus, steak was dry, expensive, room is boring For a $40 10 oz steak, the kitchen should darn well cook it to requested temperature. No way in my book that a steakhouse can do better than "Good" when a steak is overcooked. Undercooked can be fixed, overcooked can't.