401 W Fourth Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.diolis.com/
- Phone: 3363313451
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Our catering menu can be found at www.diolis.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with minimum charge. Holds up to 70 people.
- Private Party Contact: Roger 3363313451
A word from Dioli's Trattoria
Authentic Italian food in downtown Winston Salem conveniently located next to the Stevens Center on 4th Street. We serve traditional dishes in a causal family friendly atmosphere. All our pasta is house made, along with our sauces and meatballs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dioli's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- The pasta is the starNickDined on 6/8/2013If you're looking for an Italian restaurant with authentic, home-made pasta this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Nice folks.lunchproVIPDined on 5/24/2013Great service. Nice folks. Calamari was excellent. I had the carbonara and it was a little too eggy for me. The primavera was good though.
- Great RestaurantLilFishDined on 5/24/2013Dioli's is a great restaurant in downtown Winston Salem with great food. I have been several times and never left without being fully satisfied.Special Features:
- Great food but a little priceyJaredBVIPDined on 5/20/2013We had a great celebratory lunch but it was a little expensive for a lunch. Charged prices like dinner. Food is excellent and so is service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!sbzcmajcmDined on 5/18/2013Everything was wonderful. Karen and her staff think of all the details. The food could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Italian GemDenverDined on 4/23/2013Well run small restaurant with an exceptional selection of Italian dishes. I found the rabbit and mushroom with pasta to be outstanding. We also had an outstanding Alfredo pasta with chicken. The desert and wine selection is very good. Our choice of the terimisu was an e cells t choice. Service was exceptional. The only down side was the loud group of 6 next to us. When they left the evening was even more delightful.Special Features:
- This is the perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013This is the perfect place to eat before the opera or symphony concert. The food is good, and our waiter was excellent. A very enjoyable experience.
- The pasta is delicious theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2013The pasta is delicious the entrees have room for a better flavor profile.Special Features:
- The food was OK, but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The food was OK, but nothing special. I did not feel it was worth the price
- Great if you are going toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/9/2013Great if you are going to Stevens Center, but service was off because of the program at the Steven CenterSpecial Features:
- GreatTBManningVIPDined on 12/31/2012Great food - best meal I've had in Winston-Salem in a while!Special Features:
- LovelyDaNNyVIPDined on 12/31/2012Our Server was excellent and our food was very good too. The location was great, and our table felt really intimate. Only complaint was we didn't particularly like the desserts we ordered. Great restaraunt.Special Features:
- mediocre, at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012We have dined here twice, and both times, were not particularly impressed. The food is decent, but nothing to write home about. I ordered the special of the day which was chicken stuffed with prosciutto and provolone. The chicken tasted like it had been frozen. Our waitress was nice, but not very attendant; our drinks were empty for most of our meal.Special Features:
- Fairly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012A group of us had dinner here prior to the showing of the Nutcracker. The service was ok, but quite a little bit on the slow side. The small plates were pretty good, but out of the 8 in our group only 1 of the entrees was good. Most of them were incredibly watery and of fairly poor quality. The table next to us got the Mac and Cheese and that looked awesome as well as the pork chop, which nobody in our group got. The one dish in our group that was pretty good were the meatballs (sans pasta). I would probably not go back given the quality and price.
- They were very busy with "pre-show"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012They were very busy with "pre-show" dinners, being located at The Nutcracker venue in the Stevens Center. They were also under-staffed. We had time and were patient and they were very nice, but the service was slow and we either did without (bread, coffee refils, etc). They seated us in a tight corner with no view and I requested to be moved. They did and the seats were great. Thank you!Special Features:
- The food was very good withCharlieDined on 12/5/2012The food was very good with excellent service to match.
- This was our family's secondOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012This was our family's second meal at Dioli's Trattoria. On both occasions the food was excellent. We enjoyed tomato mozzarella salads and traditional home-cooked Italian fare such as manicotti and mushroom risotto. Excellent! Service is friendly and efficient. Some families were seated on the small sidewalk outside. The restaurant is one block from the Benton Convention Center and adjacent to the Steven's Center, the NC School of the Arts auditorium.Special Features:
- Food was delicious, correctlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Food was delicious, correctly cooked, served at the proper temperature by an attentive, timely waitress. I liked the look of the restaurant and the variety on the menu. My wife and I back for more. PS. very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012The food was very good, but the portions were not big enough, especially for a man. This is an Italian restaurant, and generally, the pasta at such a place would provide more of it. 2 medium size manicotti was hardly in keeping with their price. The antipasto plate was good, but very little on it, with the salami being the best part. Also, we've never been to an Italian restaurant that didn't put a basket of bread with an olive oil dip of some sort on the table. If we wanted bread, we would have had to order it with a charge. Ridiculous!! The food is very tasty, but they need to improve several areas of their offerings. Unless it changes, we will likely not go back again.Special Features:
- The food was good. The selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The food was good. The selection was alright. I am not sure I would pay that much money for the service and quantity of food we received.Special Features:
- Good Italian "comfort food."OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2012Good Italian "comfort food." Not fantastic but probably the best in Winston-Salem.
- Hello delicious, come to Papa!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The pasta is terrifically cooked -- spot on! I have never had a bad experience at Dioli's.Special Features:
- Almost but out at secondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Appetizers were good, but our two entries were poor. They make their own pasta. It was not aldente but tough, chewy, and clumpy. If this is how you make homemade pasta, then serve Brailla store bought pasta.Special Features:
- Food was great and made freshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Food was great and made fresh everyday. Servers could have used more menu knowledge. Will be returning often as this is new favorite restaurant in WinstonSpecial Features:
- Nice Italian restaurantFabulousDined on 5/20/2012Our waitress was great, although a bit overwhelmed - it was graduation weekend and the restaurant was full. Food was good.Special Features:
- Nice Ambiance'GregSpenDined on 5/20/2012We came with a graduation party. The staff were courteous and attentive to our table. Thank you.Special Features:
- I've eaten here several timesCharlotteDined on 5/18/2012I've eaten here several times and will go back. I can't say it blew me away, but its better than your typical restaurant in this genre. Its location makes it a first choice in this area. There are quite a few options for dinner in the area, and this one is worth checking out.Special Features:
- We went here for the secondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012We went here for the second time before a show at the theater next door. Wonderful food, EXCELLENT service... I wouldn't classify this as a child-friendly restaurant necessarily (for those adults looking for a night out without your kids it's great) but both times we've brought our 11 year old with us and it has been a great experience. We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Staff noiseRunningbellDined on 3/16/2012We thought the food was good. The appetizer proscuitto wrapped cheese/tomatoe was really bland, but mushroom risotto and totellini was really good. The waitress was professional and attentive. The only negative was that the female manager kept talking very loudly to another employee across the room... you could hear the staff discussions of the evening which we felt should be done in private. It made the ambience seem a lower scale. Overall, we would eat there again just hope the staff reads this and modifies that behavior.Special Features:
- Great food. Ask for the rearTipsterDined on 3/2/2012Great food. Ask for the rear seating as front is a little crowded. Better yet, plan to sit outside.Special Features:
- MehnchawgVIPDined on 2/11/2012Not exactly sure how to reconcile the great reviews on here with my experience. The place is nice on the inside and the service was good. My issue was the food. From the appetizer to the entree, it all was sub par. The only thing I can tell you to do is try it yourself. Maybe I went on a night when the chef was having an off day.
- We wanted to enjoy a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012We wanted to enjoy a good meal before a show at the Stevens Center, and this was a perfect location. Although picked for its location, we (3 couples) all found it to be a delicious choice for its atmosphere and dining experience. We will certainly return for another enjoyable evening.
- Great location. AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2012Great location. Atmosphere was relaxing and upbeat. The food was the best. Haven't had good Italian food since moving from NY. Exceptional!!Special Features:
- We tend to go her once orOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011We tend to go her once or twice a month. Good downtown location with good service and food.Special Features:
- My friends greatly enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2011My friends greatly enjoyed their meals. My soup was wonderful but the manicotti was fairly bland. Service could have been better after we were seated. The hostess could not find my Open Table reservation but believed me and worked us in without much delay, even comping drinks while we waited. The server was obviously overworked.
- Went there before the nutcracker.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/16/2011Went there before the nutcracker. It is attached to the theater. Service was ok but believe it would be better when dining at the time of a show. Food was excellent - homemade pasta and desserts. Raspberry almond tort!Special Features:
- Excellent food, homemade pasta,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/25/2011Excellent food, homemade pasta, friendly service. This is our new favorite place in WS.Special Features:
- Very cute atmosphere. Standardlinp182Dined on 11/11/2011Very cute atmosphere. Standard Italian fare, nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Winston-SalemHakkaDialectVIPDined on 11/4/2011Every city should have a signature authentic Italian restaurant and Winston-Salem finally can claim one in this gem. Freshly prepared pastas and sauces that are excellent. A complete Italian wine list so bone up on your Italian wines. Excellent service with a very attentive owner visiting your table and making sure everything is to your liking. This is a must visit Italian restaurant for anyone seeking real Italiano food in downtown Winston-Salem.Special Features:
- All of the food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/14/2011All of the food was delicious and abundant. Huge serving of veal. Waitress Jenna was a delight.Special Features: