Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
845 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: (203) 517-3272
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Closes 4 p.m. Christmas Eve. Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating avaialable for groups up to
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
When you're serious about your bar-b-que...Award winning Southern-style Pit Smoked BBQ. Open 7 days a week for dine-in and takeout with a full bar featuring 20 local, seasonal and craft beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (75)kid-friendly (46)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (35)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (9)special occasion (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- StevenVIPDined on 11/21/2014Service was terrible. Waitor did not write down order, repeated it back wrong, and then screwed it up. Took crazy long for food to come out. Never got our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good barbeque and a very good beer selectionChrisDined on 11/19/2014The first couple of times we went to Dinosaur were great. The service was outstanding and the quality of the meat was excellent. The smoking of the meats is still excellent though in some cases the quality seems to have come closer to good than great as in the past. The St. Louis ribs were outstanding. Cooked to perfection, tasty and come easily off t he bone. The fried green tomato appetizer was also outstanding. The side of greens was also top notch. And as mentioned the selection and description of craft beers is unbeatable. The pulled pork was very good if a little on the dry side. The brisket was good, moist and cooked to perfection though could have been leaner - as in the past. The hot link wasn't - good or spicy. The cole slaw was coarse and bland. Not sure what I'll order next time but it won't be the links and the cole slaw. If we'd stuck to the ribs and beer it would have been 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Stamford. The BBQ is always top notch, the staff is great, and the beer selection is huge. I definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek TreatFoodieVIPDined on 11/5/2014This is my second dining experience in less than a month! Today I had the 3-wing sampler with hoisin sauce...awesome! Followed by the tossed salad w/grilled chicken...practically cleaned the plate! My "foodie" companion had the ribs & she was amazed! Can't wait to venture up to Stamford town center again so I have an excuse to go to Dinosaur Barbque!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average!BertDined on 11/1/2014Good service, AVERAGE food. Ribs were tough, Brisket was tender but hadca weird consistency (thick and solid appearance), shrimp had a spicy dauce rubbed on the shells, once I PEALED the shrimp, they lost alot of flavor.Sides (mac and cheese, potato salad, were average. I would not return. There isx much better BvQ in the We a tchester Fairfield area.Quality of food preparation does not measure up to competitors. More like Fast food BBQ
- Enjoyed the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Very casual and inviting, service and food were great. Good value.Special Features:
- Fun Night With Dear FriendsFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014It was the first time for hubby & me. Our friends who dined w/us recommended this venue. So pleasantly surprised! The nachos were de-lish! The wings were huge & awesome! Of course, we all had ribs which were fantastic. Our only disappointment was the table/booth was a bit tight for the (4) of us. Although the waiter was pleasant & eager to accommodate, he seemed a bit overwhelmed. NTW, we will definitely be revisiting this great new find!Special Features:
- fairfielddiner1Dined on 10/25/2014food is fair. nothing great, but also nothing awful. it's an okay place to get together after work with friends, colleagues for an easy dinner in an open environment. but, it's not a place to go for a conversational dining experience. i didn't expect anything more than received and wasn't disappointed at all. It is what it is - an okay place for a a few beers and bbq of sorts with friends.Special Features:
- Very Good SpotMainEaterVIPDined on 10/16/2014Although we prefer to dine in NYC or other fine Westchester restaurants, this spot is very easy to reach, parking is very easy and shorter drive and wait compared to many area locations.Special Features:
- DisappointedCarolynDined on 10/10/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and always been happy. This time was different. We had a reservation but still had to wait. The food was mediocre at best and several of our orders came out wrong. Our server was slow, although she did try to correct most of the problems. Not sure I would go back again. It was very disappointing. And then to boot I received an email that said we didn't honor our reservation!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ, great serviceTruhauDined on 10/9/2014Really enjoyed the hot wings. Ribs were outstanding, brisket was decent but a little bland, and the pulled pork better than most. Our server was humorous, attentive and overall great, especially with food and beer recommendations. Definitely come by for the wings and ribs. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Yummy!DeborahPDined on 10/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/2/2014as always, food was great.. however service is rapidly declining... takes forever to get drinks... takes forever to get food... takes forever to get refills... place orders... etc... Please fix this! I love going here but it's getting frustrating!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must tryFerrajinaDined on 10/1/2014If you like BBQ and BEER there no question you will like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badFeedmeDined on 9/27/2014I've been to the Troy location twice and was very happy. This time the food was good but not great as I had remembered. Our waitress, although very friendly twice forgot to bring our drinks. The wings and the brisket were our favorites.Special Features:
- ExcellantBpotter86Dined on 9/25/2014Had Victor as our server. The best service we have had in a very long time. Great food and all on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodstamford79Dined on 9/25/2014Our server was excellent. He was always making sure that we were ok with everything that we didn't need anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/18/2014our waiter was MIA for most of the night and when we had had enough and had to have another waiter find him, he was less than apologetic and didn't seem to care at all. Drinks tasted rushed and watered down. Other than that food was awesome
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014This is the 3rd Dinosaur that Ive been to. While the ribs were not quite as good as those in Syracuse I certainly enjoyed them. The service was fast and courteous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014ribs were a little dry this time around (people I dined with reported)Special Features:
- BBQ900stunterDined on 9/13/2014This might be one of the better BBQ places I've been to. I highly recommend the deviled eggs. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious, loved the Mac & cheese especially (it had a little kick to it). Server was attentive and helpful. I just wish they did something for birthdays the way other places doSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That guy Ed--what a great waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I go often to Dino BB Q in Stamford--great bbq chicken and salads. Friday 7-13-14 the place was mobbed. Our waiters name was Ed. Despite the number of guests in house --he brought order to the chaos--service was spot on...other waiters and waitresses we have had in the past have also been very good to excellent. The food here is always predictably VG and so is the service. Good service, has a name, and tonight his name was ED. Thanks for your very professional service. Mark RustadSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Loved the atmosphere. The food was GREAT! Dino BBQ never fails to disappoint !Special Features:
- Good portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Family size is too much for a family of 6. So try to pick a few dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014This is not my first visit to the restaurant and I have always had positive experiences in the past. This time however was disappointing. Not sure if it was due to the holiday weekend rush but the experience was not good. The table and floor was dirty and we had to ask them to clean up before we could sit. The appetizers came in time but without plates and utensils etc. The main course took a long long time and the food was subpar. The ribs appeared to be dry. Not the same as before. I would try this place one more time assuming this is an anomaly due to the holiday rush but if this pattern continues I would not be going back.
- NYC Comes to CTEpicureanKiaDined on 8/29/2014I don't live in greater Stamford so I happened up the Dinosaur BBQ. Having been to the NYC location I was thrilled to see Dinosaur in Connecticut. The atmosphere was lovely and upbeat, the service was timely and friendly and the food was great. As a vegan I was prepared to simply eat a salad while my husband enjoyed the bbq dishes. However, I was completely surprised to find that their menu had several vegetarian dishes that could easily be made vegan. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Host tried to pleaseJaneVIPDined on 8/23/2014When we arrived, the host seated us in front of a post. When I asked for another table, one was not available. We sat down and in a minute or two he came over and offered us a table that had just become available. Also, the waitress was very pleasant and efficient. The food was very tasty, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finger licking good!LouBVIPDined on 8/19/2014By far some of the bet BBQ in the Northeast. Great atmosphere to get together with friends and family for some down home BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I luv bbqSouthernDined on 8/17/2014I luv the original one in Syracuse way more but when I don't feel like driving 5 hours this will do just fine!! Yummy I got the petite trio was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not specialdinosaursbecomeextinctDined on 8/16/2014We had such high hopes and everything was good but nothing (save our waitress) was great. Meat isn't falling off the bone (ribs), pork was average and while we liked the brisket, we also understand its not reliable. Beans were too sweet as well. Good band, good cocktails.Special Features:
- Good Food, Rushed Servicecowboys123VIPDined on 8/16/2014Normally I don't write reviews. Overall, I enjoyed the food and the place as it was what I expected. However, the waiter kept rushing us which was quite annoying. We would ask for a few minutes to order either drinks, food, dessert..he would come back in less than a minute almost hovering. This happened a few times. Then, when he deliverd the check, he dropped it into the water that was on the table, by accident. Once we filled it out and gave it back to him, he made a snarky comment that the bill was wet and walked away...we laughed because he was the one who put it in the water. I am not sure if I would go back, but it would be based on the server and not the food.Special Features:
- Still our faveavondarcyeDined on 8/15/2014Ever since we discovered Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse NY in 2009 we have been hooked. The fact that there is one so close to us is awesome. Best ribs, meat falls off the bones, plentiful and a wide variety of side dishes. Friendly servers who are professional and accommodating. I love this place!Special Features:
- Great place to dine n drink!DrinkndineDined on 8/13/2014Good food and a good list of drinks. Friendly Staff. Overall a nice experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ JointDebidooDined on 8/12/2014Having lived in Texas for several years I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was, and how reasonably priced it was too. The fried green tomatoes as an appetizer were crunchy and flavorful. There are several combo plates where you can have a sampling of some of their best offerings. I had a combo plate of ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. All the meat was tender and juicy. Can't wait to go back to try more menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014usually no problems with service. This time our appetizer never came out, something our waiter was oblivious to even when he brought the bill. For the majority of the meal the waiter was MIA. Very disappointed in the service. However, other staff was greatly helpful and the food that did make it to the table was awesome as always.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Met friends there on my recommendation, after I had a great experience at the restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Very disappointed-nice outside patio, but when we went inside the "smoke" odor was very strong. When we received out food the meat portions were cold, the sides were the proper temperature. Meat was also very fatty. I had a combo w/ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. All were cold, fatty. I have visited this chain twice before in different locations, and food was very good both times, but not here.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 8/2/2014The food was great and the service was fantastic. I had a server by the name of Kyle and he was very professional and accommodating.Special Features:
- Great to Excellent BBQ!FledermausDined on 8/2/2014The brisket and ribs were excellent, the pulled pork very good; the chicken was, alas, good but not great, and this latter point means I could not give this joint five stars. Coleslaw was too tangy; Harlem potato salad was superb. The peel and eat shrimp were excellent. Be sure to ask for extra cornbread as the muffins are small and one of three was dry/stale. It is a cavernous dining room and was packed on a Saturday night at 6 pm. Reservations are really a good idea. This is a noisy restaurant but the level is tolerable. The service was quick, friendly and professional. The only caveat is that it took a half-hour for food to arrive. The bill for four people with sodas - no alcohol - was 92 bucks which is a good value for this areaSpecial Features:
- Ladies Luncheonmacmac11VIPDined on 8/2/2014There were 12 of us that went to a farewell lunch for a dear friend. The atmosphere, location of our table and just the energy of the restaurant were all perfect. Our server, Crystal, couldn't have been better - she was attentive and friendly and an excellent waitress! We were there for close to three hours and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for lunch, dinner or a late night snack and will surely go back myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford reviews archive.