Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
845 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: 2035173272x
- Hours of Operation:
Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating avaialable for groups up to
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
When you're serious about your bar-b-que...Award winning Southern-style Pit Smoked BBQ. Open 7 days a week for dine-in and takeout with a full bar featuring 20 local, seasonal and craft beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (84)kid-friendly (77)great for lunch (45)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (13)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)notable wine list (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014ribs were a little dry this time around (people I dined with reported)Special Features:
- BBQ900stunterDined on 9/13/2014This might be one of the better BBQ places I've been to. I highly recommend the deviled eggs. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious, loved the Mac & cheese especially (it had a little kick to it). Server was attentive and helpful. I just wish they did something for birthdays the way other places doSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That guy Ed--what a great waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I go often to Dino BB Q in Stamford--great bbq chicken and salads. Friday 7-13-14 the place was mobbed. Our waiters name was Ed. Despite the number of guests in house --he brought order to the chaos--service was spot on...other waiters and waitresses we have had in the past have also been very good to excellent. The food here is always predictably VG and so is the service. Good service, has a name, and tonight his name was ED. Thanks for your very professional service. Mark RustadSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Loved the atmosphere. The food was GREAT! Dino BBQ never fails to disappoint !Special Features:
- Good portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Family size is too much for a family of 6. So try to pick a few dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014This is not my first visit to the restaurant and I have always had positive experiences in the past. This time however was disappointing. Not sure if it was due to the holiday weekend rush but the experience was not good. The table and floor was dirty and we had to ask them to clean up before we could sit. The appetizers came in time but without plates and utensils etc. The main course took a long long time and the food was subpar. The ribs appeared to be dry. Not the same as before. I would try this place one more time assuming this is an anomaly due to the holiday rush but if this pattern continues I would not be going back.
- NYC Comes to CTEpicureanKiaDined on 8/29/2014I don't live in greater Stamford so I happened up the Dinosaur BBQ. Having been to the NYC location I was thrilled to see Dinosaur in Connecticut. The atmosphere was lovely and upbeat, the service was timely and friendly and the food was great. As a vegan I was prepared to simply eat a salad while my husband enjoyed the bbq dishes. However, I was completely surprised to find that their menu had several vegetarian dishes that could easily be made vegan. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Host tried to pleaseJaneVIPDined on 8/23/2014When we arrived, the host seated us in front of a post. When I asked for another table, one was not available. We sat down and in a minute or two he came over and offered us a table that had just become available. Also, the waitress was very pleasant and efficient. The food was very tasty, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finger licking good!LouBVIPDined on 8/19/2014By far some of the bet BBQ in the Northeast. Great atmosphere to get together with friends and family for some down home BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I luv bbqSouthernDined on 8/17/2014I luv the original one in Syracuse way more but when I don't feel like driving 5 hours this will do just fine!! Yummy I got the petite trio was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not specialdinosaursbecomeextinctDined on 8/16/2014We had such high hopes and everything was good but nothing (save our waitress) was great. Meat isn't falling off the bone (ribs), pork was average and while we liked the brisket, we also understand its not reliable. Beans were too sweet as well. Good band, good cocktails.Special Features:
- Good Food, Rushed Servicecowboys123Dined on 8/16/2014Normally I don't write reviews. Overall, I enjoyed the food and the place as it was what I expected. However, the waiter kept rushing us which was quite annoying. We would ask for a few minutes to order either drinks, food, dessert..he would come back in less than a minute almost hovering. This happened a few times. Then, when he deliverd the check, he dropped it into the water that was on the table, by accident. Once we filled it out and gave it back to him, he made a snarky comment that the bill was wet and walked away...we laughed because he was the one who put it in the water. I am not sure if I would go back, but it would be based on the server and not the food.Special Features:
- Still our faveavondarcyeDined on 8/15/2014Ever since we discovered Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse NY in 2009 we have been hooked. The fact that there is one so close to us is awesome. Best ribs, meat falls off the bones, plentiful and a wide variety of side dishes. Friendly servers who are professional and accommodating. I love this place!Special Features:
- Great place to dine n drink!DrinkndineDined on 8/13/2014Good food and a good list of drinks. Friendly Staff. Overall a nice experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ JointDebidooDined on 8/12/2014Having lived in Texas for several years I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was, and how reasonably priced it was too. The fried green tomatoes as an appetizer were crunchy and flavorful. There are several combo plates where you can have a sampling of some of their best offerings. I had a combo plate of ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. All the meat was tender and juicy. Can't wait to go back to try more menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014usually no problems with service. This time our appetizer never came out, something our waiter was oblivious to even when he brought the bill. For the majority of the meal the waiter was MIA. Very disappointed in the service. However, other staff was greatly helpful and the food that did make it to the table was awesome as always.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Met friends there on my recommendation, after I had a great experience at the restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Very disappointed-nice outside patio, but when we went inside the "smoke" odor was very strong. When we received out food the meat portions were cold, the sides were the proper temperature. Meat was also very fatty. I had a combo w/ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. All were cold, fatty. I have visited this chain twice before in different locations, and food was very good both times, but not here.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 8/2/2014The food was great and the service was fantastic. I had a server by the name of Kyle and he was very professional and accommodating.Special Features:
- Great to Excellent BBQ!FledermausDined on 8/2/2014The brisket and ribs were excellent, the pulled pork very good; the chicken was, alas, good but not great, and this latter point means I could not give this joint five stars. Coleslaw was too tangy; Harlem potato salad was superb. The peel and eat shrimp were excellent. Be sure to ask for extra cornbread as the muffins are small and one of three was dry/stale. It is a cavernous dining room and was packed on a Saturday night at 6 pm. Reservations are really a good idea. This is a noisy restaurant but the level is tolerable. The service was quick, friendly and professional. The only caveat is that it took a half-hour for food to arrive. The bill for four people with sodas - no alcohol - was 92 bucks which is a good value for this areaSpecial Features:
- Ladies Luncheonmacmac11VIPDined on 8/2/2014There were 12 of us that went to a farewell lunch for a dear friend. The atmosphere, location of our table and just the energy of the restaurant were all perfect. Our server, Crystal, couldn't have been better - she was attentive and friendly and an excellent waitress! We were there for close to three hours and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for lunch, dinner or a late night snack and will surely go back myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Food was very good. Server was very attentive. Only negative was the wait time for the food delivery was too long. We would definitely recommend to a friend and we will return oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappyCarter28Dined on 7/27/2014I've been to the Dinosaur restaurant in NYC and loved it the first time. However, I found a closer one to my home in Stamford, CT and our waitress was not pleasant and had a very bad attitude. Also, the gentlemen who was handing gout our food was just tossing it on the table and was giving us the wrong plates. I'm very unhappy at how they treated us considering I was celebrating my birthday. I asked the waiter if they sing happy birthday and she said no but yet didn't wish me a happy birthday. I will not be going back to the Stamford restaurant. I'll stick to the one in NYC. The food was really good and I’m a big fan of the Fried Green Tomatoes. So yummy!Special Features:
- My experienceMegatropolousDined on 7/26/2014I took my family to Dinosaur BBQ as I had it in Harlem and it was out of this world. My experience here was quite different. The table was dirty, servers were scooting chairs across the floor making it incredibly loud, the high chair for my son was filthy and hostess was not very friendly. The food came fast, fried green tomatoes were great same with the deviled eggs but my mom found a hair fried in to her tomato so that ruined it for the rest of us. Ribs were ok, not as good as Harlem's. I had a burger that was great. Cornbread was very dry. I'd go back to Harlem and pass on the Stamford location. Our server was nice after staring conversation to open him up. Don't think I'll be back.Special Features:
- Doesn't Disappoint!gneelyDined on 7/21/2014I have heard great things about Dinosaur Bar-B-Que through the years of living in Manhattan...my first visit did not disappoint! The food was great, the staff attentive and the beers cold. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Awesome in every way!KenlovesBBQDined on 7/19/2014Food was awesome. The service was great. Our server was very friendly, tended to our every need. Food came out quickly and hot. Everything was exactly as ordered. Too notch BBQ restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-B-QCarnivorDined on 7/19/2014If you're looking for really good B-B-Q, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Slow serviceFairfield5Dined on 7/15/2014It took close to an hour and a half for our dinner toll be served. We had to ask for plates and napkins for our appetizers!Special Features:
- Horrible experienceUnhappyDined on 7/15/2014I have gone here several times, food very good service normally ok....I usually never write a bad review. But I fell I need to after my recent visit. The waitress was ok, I ordered a pint glass for my beer and got a small mason jar and was told it's the same size. Please I do the how to measure. Can you saw rip off. Then we waited for at least an hour for our food. I asked to see the manger 3 times. The manager never came to see us. On out way out the hostess asked how our meal was and I explained what happened all she could say that's to bad. See you next time. All this happened on a Tuesday night. Not a busy Saturday. It will be along time before I return.
- Good, but some missesDougInCTDined on 7/15/2014Ribs were as always quite good. Fries were way too salty - like the cook forgot how much he already put on and salted again. Those in the party who ordered mashed potatoes had to wait a while for them. How can they not have mashed potatoes ready at 6:30 pm? One person's brisket looked very fatty and he appeared to have to leave a lot on his plate as a result. Seems like quality control is an issue here. So, bottom line - come for the ribs, but don't expect much else to be very good.Special Features:
- DINO-TASTIC!!!!!PeachesandHerbDined on 7/12/2014We were very impressed during our first visit. The entertainment was spot on!! The young lady on the mic was sultry and smooth kinda like Nora Jones blended with a very sober Janis Joplin. The food was ok but lacked a few key spices. We had ribs and fish dinners. The Mac and cheese was to die for. My other half and I are a mellow blend of English, Caribbean and Southern influence so we know "down home cooking". Our server appeared to be extra "mellow" not sure what was blowing around in the air she was breathing!!... Overall the atmosphere was cool and we would definitely return with a few extra spices on hand!!Special Features:
- Great food....service not so muchDineandgoodtimesDined on 7/12/2014Went here on Saturday around 3:30 to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Our waiter immediately informed us he's not a waiter, he was just "filling in" until someone made their shift. As though it was a disclaimer for the poor service we were about to experience. It took 20-30 min for him to take our order. Our drinks took another 15 min to arrive, and there was no checking in to see how our meals were or if we needed anything. We had to flag down a random waiter to refill our drinks. On the plus side, the food and drinks were so incredibly good, it almost made up for the poor service....because of that, I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yesxx4funxxVIPDined on 7/7/2014Fun atmosphere, good food and personable servers who were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and the food is always good. What is holding me back from giving more stars is the very inconsistent service. Sometimes it is great and sometimes it is dreadful. In particular, I've always found the bar staff to be particularly slow and make an error on the order. Overall, I think this place is trying to get by on a low number of staff and they need to increase the numbers. There are some really good staff members there but they are always running about at 100mph trying to keep on top of things.Special Features:
- Worth the DriveMainEaterVIPDined on 7/4/2014Coming from NY there is a Dinosour Barbeque closer in the city. But to pull up park and be served offers a good review. Make the trip you won't be dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fan from Harlem daysBarbpnycDined on 7/4/2014Really good BBQ.....in Stamford, CT! Who'd have thought! Harlem's gem has a location in Stamford. 3 of us ate...with leftovers for $50 including tip. Great great pulled pork! Really good ribs. Amazing wings. Wango tango sauce is the bomb. Will go again. And again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyKristineDined on 7/3/2014Good food but way too noisy to speak with anyone in your group (and we were sitting in a quiet corner!). Worth it if you like ribs and meat, but also nice that there are options for non-meat eaters. Good kids menu too, although not overly kid friendly (crowded space).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was good, service was quick. This was not our first time and it will not be our last.Special Features:
- SirdinealotVIPDined on 6/27/2014Nothing to rave about or complain about, you know what your getting here...good ribs, pulled pork, large portions, friendly service, big crowds on a Friday night. If it's what your in the mood for you'll enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE!!!!!AsphaltrecyclerDined on 6/25/2014Been to the Rochester and Syracuse locations more times than I could count, all great experiences!…Was expecting a similar time in Stamford. Not even close. Bar had a horrible "late night club" smell (dirty) to it and an incredibly inattentive bartender…Ordered nachos, came out on a sparse plate, coated with….cheeze whiz…really… Got seated for dinner. Service was so bad, they actually bought a us a round of drinks, which showed up on the bill as an add, then deduct…Were they expecting to be tipped on the round?!? Food came out late, cold and slapped on the plate. Could not settle our tab and get outa there fast enough. Disappointing to say the least.