Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
604 Union St.
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: 3474297030x
- Hours of Operation:
Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
When you're serious about your Bar-B-Que. Featuring award-winning Southern-Style Pit Smoked BBQ, Local & Regional Craft Beers and late night dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (162)neighborhood gem (108)kid-friendly (107)fit for foodies (86)hot spot (84)great for lunch (78)late-night find (52)special occasion (50)great for outdoor dining (47)vibrant bar scene (47)great for brunch (31)romantic (5)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The best BBQ joint in Brooklyn.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I made a reservation for my wife birthday celebration and it was awesome. The service was great and the food was the best. I have never had BBQ brisket and ribs that taste so good. The meat just fall off bone. My wife was surprised and enjoyed ever bit of it. Wow! Please go and check it out. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The ribs here suck. They were dry, tough, and chewy. Did not fall off the bone as they should. They gave me a stomach ache. They weren't even hot. Very disappointed.
- Not bad, but not overly wowedKymberella281Dined on 9/14/2014My review may be dependent on the fact that I only had a pulled pork sandwich and didn't go all out for the BBQ platters. I did appreciate that the service was fast and friendly, which was ideal since we had to get to a concert at the Barclays Center afterwards. Neat little find!Special Features:
- Fun food!SexyDinersDined on 9/13/2014Always a fun time!!! The appetizers are delicious. We order brisket, ribs and chicken. So yummy!!! Donkey Punch is the best drink. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQDLBLDined on 9/13/2014Some of the best Q you'll find in NYC. Service was decent & food came out fast. They don't rush you. Very nice craft beer list. Reservations is the way to go, table was ready right on time.Special Features:
- Good EatPhoenixluvs2eatDined on 9/13/2014First impressions are everything. With that said the hostess was a bit rude. Which had me feeling as though this is how the rest of the staff is. Thank goodness that wasn't the case. The service was pretty good once we got over that hiccup with the hostess. Now, to the food. I ordered the combination (pick 3) with St.Louis. ribs, brisket and spicy drunken shrimp. My sides were BBQ beans and collard greens. All I have to say is I had a foodgasm! Everything I ate was flavorful and we'll cooked. I don't really eat everyone's greens... Dinosaur BBQ did the greens justice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum yum yumpatsviewDined on 9/13/2014the food is off the charts good. this is the best barbecue i have ever had. the portions are huge. i had leftovers for 2 more mails. the brisket is so yummy. i have special needs and they made me feel very comfortable. the service is also outstanding.Special Features:
- Great BBQNaomi39Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and with plenty of spice. The menu's variety was great. Love the Fried Green Tomatoes. Wish I would have ordered them as an appetizer. The staff was very friendly and they make you feel welcome once you enter the restaurant. Thats really good for business. I highly recommend this restaurant. Thanks for a a lovely lunch/dinner for me and my mother hanging out on a Saturday Afternoon.Special Features:
- BBQ RIBS AND CHICKENMarianneDined on 9/11/2014We as a group of 6 celebrated my husband dinner here at Dinosaur BBQ in Brooklyn. First off the appetizers are great. The food is great! The waiter/waitress service was great and attentive. The great thing is they didn't hover over you every second, which I very much love in a restaurant. You don't feel you have to eat and be rushed out. You get to enjoy your meal without being bother so much. Definitely great decor. I would definitely recommend all of my family and friends to go to Dinosaur BBQ in Brooklyn! Come one come all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ in Great SpacengleeVIPDined on 9/7/2014Dinosaur BBQ took over an old industrial building and kitsched it out with Americana, but nicely so, creating a large, bustling spot to chow down some decent cue. The pulled pork sandwich was dry rather than moist. The meat fell off the bones of the ribs and was tasty - the beef brisket was terrific with just enough fat to keep it moist and delicious. The black-eyed peas were overcooked for my tastes, but I understand some people prefer it this way. Having spent some time in Quebec, we were anxious to try their version of poutine - not quite the same, but tasty nevertheless.Special Features:
- Don't waste your money.BklynFoodieDined on 9/6/2014If you like your food overcooked and smothered in BBQ sauce this is the place for you. We were lucky we had reservations so there was very little wait, (thank God). There were people waiting for over an hour without reservations. I heard a lot of good thing about Dinosaur BBQ that's why we tried it, we will not be returning.
- Lives up to Dino nameMcmasterTDined on 9/6/2014Finally got to the Brooklyn Dino and was not disappointed. Went to school at Syracuse so have long loved this BBQ and this location was great. Sad not to see Syracuse salt potatoes on the menu but I understand them mixing things up from location to location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ in NYC???BBQ4lifeDined on 9/6/2014When I heard about dinosaur BBQ, I said to my wife "there's no way I'm wasting one of my precious vacation meals on anything less than perfect." After she threatened divorce, I caved and went with her to dinosaur BBQ. I've had a lot of BBQ in my day and this was at the top of the list. The flavors and seasoning were absolutely perfect. The staff was friendly and the service was fast. I now find myself telling people that I would go back to NYC just for the BBQ! I'll be recommending dinosaur BBQ well before any of the thousands of tourist attractions in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParrisDined on 9/6/2014Really had a good time. Food was well seasoned. Atmosphere was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooooo disappointed!BKDinoDisappointedVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've visited other Dinosaur locations and loved it! So when it showed up a mile from our home, we were so excited.... Were. The food was not even close to being as delicious as it's counterparts. We left uneaten dishes and did not want to take anything home! And the Mac n cheese.... What did you DO to it? :o( The ribs and chicken were DRY! The waitress we had was lovely. Host was welcoming. Noise level was fine. The atmosphere was a scaled down version of the other location. We were so disappointed.
- A delicious restaurant!SteveDigardDined on 9/3/2014We are french, and we had love the ambiance and the burgers! French fries are perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers For Sure...CoachGreeneDined on 9/1/2014Been to the Harlem location before and BKY was true to form. These guys do the meet very well. Great flavor, Pork or chicken…pure smoke and a range of tasty sauces. But the rest is lacking. Salty over flavored mac and cheese. Greens that cheat with smoked turkey in stead of pork and taste like. And, dirt cornbread. Additionally, if you are in a large group, expect to wait on slow service.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch at Dino BBQHartsieDined on 9/1/2014We were a party of 22, dining at lunchtime on Labor Day. I called to make reservations ahead of time but knew it would be tough to seat us together. The manager Joshua came through awesomely and set us up along one wall. The food arrived surprising fast (we were advised to order family style, so that helped) and everything was delicious!! The pulled pork was amazing, as well as the mac n cheese. It didn't take long for the mounds of food to disappear. The service was top notch for taking care of such a large group on a busy holiday. Thank you to Joshua, Cory and the staff at Dino BBQ Brooklyn for a wonderful birthday lunch!Special Features:
- A diamond in the ruffFoxy2154Dined on 8/31/2014First of all they were very courteous. 4 of the people in my party were late and they still held my reservation. The waitress was attentive and professional. All around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall off the Bone RibsStick66VIPDined on 8/31/2014Great tasting chickens and ribs...fall off the bone tender. Not a fancy place but the food and service was very good. Seems like a good place to go with a group. NAD
- More Bresd Than Meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Both my guest and my meal we consider as fillers. There's more bread than meats. But the ambient was good.
- Best BBQ New YorkspelevinkenDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic food in a nice enviroment. Friendly staff and excellent service. Love BBQ and this was on the top of my BBQ list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLeenDined on 8/27/2014For the first time it was great.Food was great and the service wAs awesome.A place where you can dress casual and relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyNYTravelista1208Dined on 8/23/2014If you love BBQ food, this is definitely the place to go. The ribs, chicken wings, pulled pork sliders, Mac & cheese, and the mashed potatoes were delicious! Would definitely go again and recommend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BBQ food + drinksChanthonyDined on 8/21/2014The food was amazing as usual! The 4 of us shared a relatively small table but it was large enough to hold the Family Style BBQ order which comes on a large platter, plus 3 sides. The Mac and cheese is a must get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ!SandyDined on 8/20/2014This location opened about one year ago, and it was much easier to get a reservation for this location than the Harlem spot. 50 min from Manhattan Valley we were sitting down to the sweetheart deal. Yum. Great deal but next time we will just get 1/2 rack. Too much to eat. Very good St. Luois style ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBARNESDined on 8/19/2014I have been here several times and it's always good, except this time. We asked specifically for the appetizers to come out before the food, we were disappointed when they came out 15 minutes AFTER our entrées, which were luke warm at best. Two of the guys in my group including myself were missing their sides, one of the guys got it after he finished his meal and my mashed potatoes never made it to the table. Food was bland on this particular night. Our waitress was MIA for the majority of the night. Usually this place is really good and the service is usually not this bad. Everyone is allowed an off night I suppose.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!GuioelDined on 8/17/2014The food was so good and for such a great price! The beer selection is fantastic and the service is great and quick. The waiters really know what they're talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Heaven!LEEMODined on 8/17/2014One word...YUMMY!!!!! Friends have been raving about the food here and I can be a bit of a sceptic at times, therefore it took me waaaay too long to try it for myself. I could kick myself! I will definitely be a repeat customer and often!! lovedit.comSpecial Features:
- awesome food ehhh servicechocomartiniDined on 8/16/2014But who goes to a bbq place for good service right? Decent beer list, pulled for to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family meal worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014My family and I go the family meal, and it was sooo good. THought that quantity might mean lesser quality, but that was not at all the case. Chicken moist. Brisket and ribs delicious as well. Can't go wrong with this if you're more than a group of 4. We were 4 adults and only finished about half of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babyasianbarbieDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely in love with this place. Was craving BBQ all week, the boyfriend brought me here for our Saturday night date. Great food at great prices. The BBQ sauce is some of the best I've ever had, and I grew up in the south! BE SURE TO MAKE A RESERVATION!!!Special Features:
- Dino ribs rock!!!Shield41Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent ribs, excellent sides and awesome drinks (that Donkey Punch knocked me out!!!). Get ready to feast like a king.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food!!!!!YumminessDined on 8/8/2014I came here with 4 people and we reserved dinner at 9 30 because I saw that at 10, tbere would be live music. We were waiting for the love band for a while. It ot started at 11 when we were leaving. That was very disappointing for the 4 of us. The food was yummy however donkey punch drink wasn't good at all. I didn't enjoy it however my friend did. Overall, next time I come here, I would appreciate if the live music started on time as advertisedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeracleDined on 8/4/2014The food here was decent, but the Harlem location is probably better. Decor & ambiance is what you expect - variety of seating and busy (but not overly crowded). I liked outdoor seating too. However, our server was absolutely atrocious. He rushed us & came & asked every 2 mins if we were ready, but was not helpful in answering questions - we weren't sure if he was new & didn't know or if he just didn't care. Then, he was so SLOW. Food took awhile, but that could've been the kitchen. However, it shouldn't take 15 mins to get a drink. Also, we ordered a beer when we got the food & it didn't come until we were about finished! We even asked a bartender for water & a beer but she "couldn't" and had to let Ted know. Overall, just meh.Special Features:
- Great BBQFoodhunterDined on 8/2/2014We had a 10:15 reservation. We waited for 10 mins. Had the usual. Swag sampler, ribs, m&c & BBQ beans. They did nit disappoint. The food was good. The fried green tomato was particularly delicious that night. My daughter was missing a fork. I asked a waitress. It was not her table, but don't they all have a common goal? She ignored me. Our guy was happy to get more than we needed. Except for the wait and the rude waitress we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place food as wellMochababieeDined on 8/2/2014This was my first time going and it was recommended and i don't regret going although i wouldn't want to go there for a romantic date maybe a date to talk and drink and relax or with a group of friends. The food was really good everything has that BBQ taste that i love. I ended up having to bring my 2yr old with me and it all worked out well its child friendly as far as high chairs and crayons (triangular ones that wont keep rolling off the table) and paper menu and a page to color. Great place noise level is kinda loud but who cares at least we don't have to whisper lol. Also I was told if you want a weekend reservation you have to book it a week ahead... shrugs... it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMushDined on 8/2/2014Went for a small birthday celebration. We've been to the Harlem location several times but this was the first time in Brooklyn. Nice to have one close to home. We knew it would be loud and lively. So no surprise there. Food was as good as could be. If you want a quiet place, this isn't the place for you. But if you want great food at great prices and can handle the volume, you won't want to miss this place. Word of advise: always make reservations, or you'll wait a very long time.Special Features:
- Great timeJeffVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was delicious. Do not go without a reservation be prepared to wait without one. If you have a reservation it is honored.Special Features:
- Can you feel my heart Be..BQMelifunDined on 7/31/2014I have lived in NYC (Queens) my whole life. And any city person would know that via public transportation, the hassle to get to Brooklyn is often reserved for special occasion. And for me, Dino BBQ was my special occasion. Dino BBQ had changed the definition of grilled meat for me forever and I now have a new found appreciation for the art that is BBQ. I was introduced one fateful night and was back within the week to show my family, and you know its serious when you want to show the family, am I right? Everything from the wait staff to the tender succulence that was everything on my plate rang in perfect harmony to my soul. Does this sound like an exaggeration? Maybe. Am I lying? No.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.