Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
604 Union St.
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: (347) 429-7030
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Closes 4 p.m. Christmas Eve.
Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
When you're serious about your Bar-B-Que. Featuring award-winning Southern-Style Pit Smoked BBQ, Local & Regional Craft Beers and late night dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (147)neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (87)kid-friendly (87)great for lunch (71)hot spot (70)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (37)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (34)great for brunch (23)romantic (6)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Forgetful waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014We were seated right away. The waiter came after a few minutes, and took our order. He had trouble remembering what we ordered, and after several attempts he seemed to have it. After taking our order, he chatted up the hostess for a while, and completely forgot what we ordered. Instead of ribs we got pulled pork, and in place of Mac and Cheese we got collard greens. I am not a fan of collard greens, but the rest of the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CutletsVIPDined on 11/20/2014Took my father here for his birthday. Everyone loved it. I highly recommend eating at this restaurant for any occasion, or just because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and food!GreatBBQDined on 11/15/2014Great restaurant for a big group! Amazing BBQ.. the best in New York City ! the ambiance was great - so relaxed and loved the live music as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLauramessDined on 11/14/2014We ate early on Friday night. Teddy our server was terrific & the ribs really hit the spot. The wings are fabulous too. It's my second time eating there & I'll definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 11/14/2014Not as Vibrant and hip as Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Harlem. Will go back to Harlem from now on.Special Features:
- Brooklyn Dinosaurs BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I've eaten at the Dinosaurs restaurant in E Harlem twice and really enjoyed the food! Was so excited to visit the Brooklyn location, since I live in Bklyn and based on past experience w D BBQ. Well I have to say I was very disappointed in the food. I order beef ribs. They were paper thin and so dry I had to dunk them in bbq sauce as not to choke. The corn bread was dry and tasteless. The other sides were better, but couldn't make up for the ribs and corn bread let down. The service was outstanding and if you came w a group, that would probably be the highlight of the night, but not if you came for the food. : ( I really wanted to like the whole outing since I am a foodie, and I enjoyed my previous encounters, but alas , I will probably never return. Big shout out to our server Chris who was super attentive and accommodating throughout the night!Special Features:
- INHALE THOSE RIBSJIFFYJEFFDined on 11/11/2014DELICIOUS RIBS. CAN THROW ON SOME HOT SAUCE IF NEEDED, BUT THE BAR-B-QUE SAUCE ON THEM DOES THE TRICK. JUST GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO STOP EATING BECAUSE THIS STUFF IS GOOD. GREAT EXPERIENCE. I'LL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mess up on the easiest itemajswimDined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious as usual. This time we came for my son's birthday dinner. His girlfriend joined us and ordered a Dino Burger with lettuce and tomato only. Our waitress confirmed "no sauce." The burger came out with bbq sauce and mayo. This is the second time this happened. Last time we went the same thing happened. Everything else was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencenycnycnycDined on 11/6/2014They had a table ready exactly at the time of our reservation, kept our party in a quieter area, and the service was fantastic.Special Features:
- good pork, dry brisketOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014Dinosaur BBQ is always a favorite. We usually go to Harlem's but decided to try Brooklyn for a change. The food was good overall but the brisket was too dry. Pulled pork was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic post-Marathon mealBrianDined on 11/2/2014Thank you Dinosaur BBQ for your hospitality to me and my family after they all stood out in the cold cheering me on through mile 26 of the NYC marathon. Food was great and I did not have to wait long for my first post-race beer.Special Features:
- Dynamo DinoM438Dined on 11/2/2014If you are looking for a BBQ fix, Dino is hard to beat. Not a gourmet experience, just no nonsense delicious greasy fingered consumption.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment all aroundiknyDined on 10/25/2014Was very excited to come and try their famous briskets, but after waiting for 45 minutes to be seated we found out that briskets are sold out. Thats the only reason we came to that establishment, and to wait 45 minutes to tell us that briskets are sold out is very unprofessional! So instead I had to get a steak which was over cooked, cooks really need to know how to differentiate medium from well done, side dishes were microwaved because had not even heat dispersion and being semi warm. Staff is friendly, but that doesn't compensate for food being mediocre.
- okay placesammy366Dined on 10/25/2014Great place, the scenery is beautiful. However I was looking forward to trying the bbq brisket and when my plate came. The waitress mentioned that they had ran out of it. Truly disappointing. The drunken shrimp were great as well as the pulls pork. Corn bread had a weird taste to it and the mac and cheese were pretty bland.
- Not so nice...goofibabi9898Dined on 10/25/2014I have been to Dino BBQ with my daughter and had a great experience and really good food so I decided to bring my hubby for our date night. Overall the server was not attentive , the food arrived quickly but was ice cold , the server took the food but did not apologize, when she came back she said the order was being placed for new plates. This time the wait was at least 25 minutes (for bbq chicken mashed potato and mac n cheese) while waiting the server went M I A so I finally asked another server that was passing by if we could order appetizers while we waited. By the time he came with the apps the food was served still not piping hot but I would not dare complain. He did comp the app, so all in all a fair but undesirable experience.Special Features:
- Not soo hotLatedinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our second return. We were sat in the corner in a very crowded bar area.. Unpleasant. For appitizer a, the wings were good, peel and eat shrimp were nice and cold. We all had ribs , which were hot and enjoyable but all of our side were cold. Not sure if I will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent family birthday spotoneeks2Dined on 10/21/2014We go to dinosaur bbq whenever a special occasion arises and we want to eat out with our toddler. The setting is great, the vibe is relaxed and baby-friendly and the food is fantastic. We order take-out when we have a hankering for BBQ but can't get out of our sweats. We're so glad this place popped up in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's BirthdayLiznyg110Dined on 10/20/2014The food was amazing! Exceeded my expectations! Everyone in our party had a great time and we will definitely be back soon! My picky 3 year old are everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQMeister2024Dined on 10/18/2014Various selections of food. Burgers, chicken, pork, meat. Great BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starks4threeDined on 10/17/2014The wait inbetween drinks was a bit long,otherwise a nice neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dino is Awesome!RSantanaDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic place, great atmosphere, hip... the food is amazing and the house beer rules. Great customer service, thank you Monique for your kind service, I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Had some issues with dueling hostesses (one promised us a table that was then given away by the other), but otherwise a highly enjoyable experience. Server (Megan) was fantastic, super busy but still very attentive and on point. Food was excellent - an impressive feat considering how busy the joint was at the time. Good times indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute pleasure.JaguarDined on 10/16/2014I like to tip well when the service is good, and I left over a 25% tip on a $100 tab. That's how good this place was. The food was delicious, the cider was great, and they chased us down when we forgot out delicious cheesecake. 10 out of 10. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In BBQ heaven!BBQFanaticDined on 10/15/2014I love BBQ and so happy that dinosaur BBQ has come to Brooklyn. Enjoyed my dining experience, looking forward to being a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!FamilyeatingDined on 10/13/2014The place is large, noisy and crowded. The waiters seem harried but they are earnest in their task. The tap options are plentiful and good. Plenty of craft beer options. The bbq is good. I like this place for a hearty warm meal on a cold day. I always feel I'm out in the country somewhere in the south. The kids like it but be careful. Lots of spicy foods .. even the kids mac and cheese. They like the bbq chicken and the kids chicken fingers. Wish there were more veggie options. The kale and blackeye peas is kale anemic.
- Disappointed in DinosaurOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Dinosaur BBQ was just OK. VERY NOISY, Sun nite football! The ribs were good (not great), but not home-made. We did not like the sides, except for the corn bread. Mac & cheese was dried out. Cole slaw had way too much vinegar. Collards and black eyed peas ok but everything was way too salty. There is better BBQ in Brooklyn.Special Features:
- What's all the fussMikeKVIPDined on 10/12/2014Have heard about Dino for years and was excited to get a reservation for my birthday dinner, especially when I saw that they had fried green tomatoes on the menu. As my grandmother would say, "It was better than a poke in the face" but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. The fried green tomatoes were not that good, No one was raving about their ribs, although I enjoyed the Chicken steak, although it was a bit greasy. It's a BBQ place and maybe i shouldn't have expected more, but nothing stood out here for me.Special Features:
- Too busy for some to handle...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The service was slow but I know it's busy so I usually dont mind. What really bothered me was after my boyfriend paid with his card, he asked me to write out the tip for him. I wrote a 20% tip. Then we left. Halfway up the block we were chased by the server who insisted we took both copies of the receipt leaving him unable to close out. I know we didn't because I placed it in the book myself! After an awkward minute of defending ourselves he then says that the bus boy may have taken it accidentally so he asked us to come back and sign another check. There is obvious miscommunication between staff as to who picks up checks from tables but it was at the expense of implying we walked out on our check.Special Features:
- Cool hangout spotnewfan17Dined on 10/11/2014Our waitress Mickey gave world class service...her drink recommendation was right on and she was very good with me daughter keeping her entertained...the food was great even though the mac n cheese had too much black pepper...the food was delicious...it was a bit cold inside so hopefully that changes for the winter...the wait time for food wasn't long eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealenzoDined on 10/4/2014Barbeque here is good. Seems like the last time we came it was better, but everyone's entitled to a bad day. It was still very goodSpecial Features:
- Best RibsBestribsDined on 10/2/2014Best Ribs in town hands down! Child friendly. Ask for a table in the back if you want it a little quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating MomHappy75BirthdayDeloresDined on 10/1/2014I have been to the restaurant before. I took my mom to celebrate her 75th birthday. The staff was so helpful and accommodated me with everything I asked to do for her. I had her flowers sent there and the staff including the manager came out with them and wished her a song singing happy birthday. Even the patrons wished her a happy one. She enjoyed the food so much she said she had to let my brother bring her there again. This was my second birthday celebration there in Broolyn.mthemfirst one was for my boyfriend which was his first time too. He enjoyed it immensely. I live in the Bronx and it is well,worth bypassing Harlems Dinosaurs and coming there. Thanks to the entire staff for a memorable and happy day for my mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Great food and great for groups. Only complaint was that our waitress disappeared for a large chunk of time???!!! Also I had told the maître de that we were celebrating something and he was going to tell waitress- did not happen. They need to get their act togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationTrininmama13Dined on 9/28/2014I made a reveravation for 6 to celebrate my husband birthday. We were running late but when we got there they seated us right away. The food was awesome, serives was excellent & the drinks was amazing.. Would be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ delightBbqlovaDined on 9/27/2014Went here after talking about it for months. Couldn't get a late reservation so arrived early - around 5. Plenty of tables. All of us / we were 4 people- totally enjoyed all we are. Split the boiled shrimp appetizer and each had a different 3 meat meal with 2 sides. Ribs, pork, brisket and chicken were great as were the sides. We live in Staten Island but would go back there again mmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FoodieDined on 9/26/2014Awesome Bbq, music, and great energy...if you are craving for some southern food...highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dino-rifict!!!rainebknyDined on 9/26/2014The food was not what I Expected from a BBQ joint it was better. Everything was great. Live music too. Date friendly and kid friendly too...ln the daytime though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ done rightAlanSFDined on 9/26/2014A big, rollicking firehouse atmosphere, tables large enough to accommodate the big groups and families that seemed to be a major part of the clientele, great beer selection and a wider selection of menu choices than most BBQ joints. Wonderfully quick and cheerful service -- our server took our entire complex order by memory, and got it exactly right. And maybe best of all, a delightfuly diverse crowd. The BBQ maybe wasn't quite up to Fette Sau, but on the other hand you could go in and get served and eat, which is a big plus in my book.Special Features:
- SoniaSmileyDined on 9/26/2014Amazing BBQ. Overall. Great service, friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- Fun, Rustic, but make a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great time at Dino! A popular place on Friday night, walk-ins were waiting 30-40 minutes, but our reservation got us right in to sit. Crowd was boisterous, but we were still able to hear each other talk. Server was really great, especially trying to find just the right beer for us. Our three shared appetizers, deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes and pork sliders, were delicious. Everyone enjoyed their barbeque dishes. When we left, a huge crowd waited outside to get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.