Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
604 Union St.
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: 3474297030x
- Hours of Operation:
Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
When you're serious about your Bar-B-Que. Featuring award-winning Southern-Style Pit Smoked BBQ, Local & Regional Craft Beers and late night dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (173)kid-friendly (114)neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (89)great for lunch (88)hot spot (79)late-night find (55)special occasion (51)vibrant bar scene (51)great for outdoor dining (50)great for brunch (35)romantic (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014For the first time it was great.Food was great and the service wAs awesome.A place where you can dress casual and relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyNYTravelista1208Dined on 8/23/2014If you love BBQ food, this is definitely the place to go. The ribs, chicken wings, pulled pork sliders, Mac & cheese, and the mashed potatoes were delicious! Would definitely go again and recommend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BBQ food + drinksChanthonyDined on 8/21/2014The food was amazing as usual! The 4 of us shared a relatively small table but it was large enough to hold the Family Style BBQ order which comes on a large platter, plus 3 sides. The Mac and cheese is a must get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ!SandyDined on 8/20/2014This location opened about one year ago, and it was much easier to get a reservation for this location than the Harlem spot. 50 min from Manhattan Valley we were sitting down to the sweetheart deal. Yum. Great deal but next time we will just get 1/2 rack. Too much to eat. Very good St. Luois style ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBARNESDined on 8/19/2014I have been here several times and it's always good, except this time. We asked specifically for the appetizers to come out before the food, we were disappointed when they came out 15 minutes AFTER our entrées, which were luke warm at best. Two of the guys in my group including myself were missing their sides, one of the guys got it after he finished his meal and my mashed potatoes never made it to the table. Food was bland on this particular night. Our waitress was MIA for the majority of the night. Usually this place is really good and the service is usually not this bad. Everyone is allowed an off night I suppose.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!GuioelDined on 8/17/2014The food was so good and for such a great price! The beer selection is fantastic and the service is great and quick. The waiters really know what they're talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Heaven!LEEMODined on 8/17/2014One word...YUMMY!!!!! Friends have been raving about the food here and I can be a bit of a sceptic at times, therefore it took me waaaay too long to try it for myself. I could kick myself! I will definitely be a repeat customer and often!! lovedit.comSpecial Features:
- awesome food ehhh servicechocomartiniDined on 8/16/2014But who goes to a bbq place for good service right? Decent beer list, pulled for to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family meal worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014My family and I go the family meal, and it was sooo good. THought that quantity might mean lesser quality, but that was not at all the case. Chicken moist. Brisket and ribs delicious as well. Can't go wrong with this if you're more than a group of 4. We were 4 adults and only finished about half of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babyasianbarbieDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely in love with this place. Was craving BBQ all week, the boyfriend brought me here for our Saturday night date. Great food at great prices. The BBQ sauce is some of the best I've ever had, and I grew up in the south! BE SURE TO MAKE A RESERVATION!!!Special Features:
- Dino ribs rock!!!Shield41Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent ribs, excellent sides and awesome drinks (that Donkey Punch knocked me out!!!). Get ready to feast like a king.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food!!!!!YumminessDined on 8/8/2014I came here with 4 people and we reserved dinner at 9 30 because I saw that at 10, tbere would be live music. We were waiting for the love band for a while. It ot started at 11 when we were leaving. That was very disappointing for the 4 of us. The food was yummy however donkey punch drink wasn't good at all. I didn't enjoy it however my friend did. Overall, next time I come here, I would appreciate if the live music started on time as advertisedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeracleDined on 8/4/2014The food here was decent, but the Harlem location is probably better. Decor & ambiance is what you expect - variety of seating and busy (but not overly crowded). I liked outdoor seating too. However, our server was absolutely atrocious. He rushed us & came & asked every 2 mins if we were ready, but was not helpful in answering questions - we weren't sure if he was new & didn't know or if he just didn't care. Then, he was so SLOW. Food took awhile, but that could've been the kitchen. However, it shouldn't take 15 mins to get a drink. Also, we ordered a beer when we got the food & it didn't come until we were about finished! We even asked a bartender for water & a beer but she "couldn't" and had to let Ted know. Overall, just meh.Special Features:
- Great BBQFoodhunterDined on 8/2/2014We had a 10:15 reservation. We waited for 10 mins. Had the usual. Swag sampler, ribs, m&c & BBQ beans. They did nit disappoint. The food was good. The fried green tomato was particularly delicious that night. My daughter was missing a fork. I asked a waitress. It was not her table, but don't they all have a common goal? She ignored me. Our guy was happy to get more than we needed. Except for the wait and the rude waitress we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place food as wellMochababieeDined on 8/2/2014This was my first time going and it was recommended and i don't regret going although i wouldn't want to go there for a romantic date maybe a date to talk and drink and relax or with a group of friends. The food was really good everything has that BBQ taste that i love. I ended up having to bring my 2yr old with me and it all worked out well its child friendly as far as high chairs and crayons (triangular ones that wont keep rolling off the table) and paper menu and a page to color. Great place noise level is kinda loud but who cares at least we don't have to whisper lol. Also I was told if you want a weekend reservation you have to book it a week ahead... shrugs... it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMushDined on 8/2/2014Went for a small birthday celebration. We've been to the Harlem location several times but this was the first time in Brooklyn. Nice to have one close to home. We knew it would be loud and lively. So no surprise there. Food was as good as could be. If you want a quiet place, this isn't the place for you. But if you want great food at great prices and can handle the volume, you won't want to miss this place. Word of advise: always make reservations, or you'll wait a very long time.Special Features:
- Great timeJeffVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was delicious. Do not go without a reservation be prepared to wait without one. If you have a reservation it is honored.Special Features:
- Can you feel my heart Be..BQMelifunDined on 7/31/2014I have lived in NYC (Queens) my whole life. And any city person would know that via public transportation, the hassle to get to Brooklyn is often reserved for special occasion. And for me, Dino BBQ was my special occasion. Dino BBQ had changed the definition of grilled meat for me forever and I now have a new found appreciation for the art that is BBQ. I was introduced one fateful night and was back within the week to show my family, and you know its serious when you want to show the family, am I right? Everything from the wait staff to the tender succulence that was everything on my plate rang in perfect harmony to my soul. Does this sound like an exaggeration? Maybe. Am I lying? No.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ not great servicejayzeeDined on 7/29/2014The restaurant seemed to be having some service issues. Had to ask for water three times, silver wear twice. Not much interaction. Not even a weekend so afraid to see what it is like when it is busy. The food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, helpful serviceshellyfDined on 7/28/2014Six of us went for a birthday and we had a blast. Ribs were succulent and delicious. Great choice of draft beers, and terrific wings.Special Features:
- Best Brooklyn BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Best 'melt in your mouth' brisket! I had the Brisket platter and my companion had the pulled pork sandwich. Absolutely amazing. They have delicious side options. I tried the mac n cheese! Get a glass of their homemade lemonade! It came in a mason jar. Perfect for the scene. The restaurant is huge. Very spacious. Great for a fun date or group of friends and family. Such a fun lunch!!Special Features:
- Dis4appointDis4appointDined on 7/27/2014Please note This as a sports bar which would be very helpful when you have young children.
- hits the spotsharkfinDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time trying this restaurant and it definitely hit the spot! The high point of our meal were the fried green tomatoes (really great crispy batter), tender and flavorful brisket and pulled pork (not overly fatty, great sauce to meat ratio), and the chili garlic wings (medium heat). We had the swag platter for two and we liked the wings so much we ordered another serving of 6pcs. The ribs were tender with just enough pull but not falling apart, great smoke ring, my fiance thinks its great but not the best. Their bbq sauces were good tasting, not too sweet and not too vinegary. All in all a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun evening, good foodAnnapannaDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good, as expected, and the beer list was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinosour is DynamitemlbfenwayDined on 7/23/2014Great vibe, great food and great service. Its a fun place to grab some great food with friends, family or just a date night. The bar is welcoming and you can have some interesting and comedic conversations there as well! Servers are knowledgeable and efficeint. Cant beat the food!Special Features:
- BBQ at DinoDinobbqDined on 7/22/2014Excellent barbecue! Highly recommended. Get the deviled eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best BBQ I've hadMaltabear20Dined on 7/22/2014Not as good as Fette Sau but definitely cheaper and proper restaurant seating. Great to go to with a group. I will definitely be back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...almin1204VIPDined on 7/21/2014Although it's at a walking distance from where I live, it was my first time at Dinosaur. I have to say that food is REALLY good! I don't eat BBQ/ribs/brisket that often... Fried green tomatoes are phenomenal. The burger was fantastic, perfectly cooked and very juicy. The place is very crowded and loud though, definitely not a relaxing environment. At some point, I will go back.Special Features:
- Great experience!Luv2DineDined on 7/20/2014I think I've found my BBQ spot in Brooklyn! The ribs were delish and the donkey punch really kicked us!Special Features:
- Just OkJustOkDined on 7/20/2014I sat down expecting a very good dinner experience and to tell you it was flat. The rib were subpar, sauce was good, wasn't a fan of the Mac &cheese and drinks were fine. Although I do not feel I have to come here again because of how pricy it was to eat also I did not feel I got my money's worth but the service was nice.Special Features:
- Great food, host, great serversFast4serviceDined on 7/20/2014Looking forward having Sunday brunch with family and friends that's coming on town to visit. The outdoors is nice to have birthday celebration partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not compare to other DinosaursnycdadaDined on 7/20/2014Does not compare to other locations. Cornbread replaced with Portuguese roll, iceberg lettuce wedge, was not even close to a wedge - wilted leafs and the waitress never once checked on us. She then took our plates without even asking if we were done. The meat was good and the beer cold - the only positives.Special Features:
- AmazingYanaPetDined on 7/19/2014I heard so much about this place and it was better than I imagined! The food was great, we ordered most of the menu and had lots of leftovers to bring home (which i loved). Great experience, cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodBirthdayguyDined on 7/18/2014Firstly our waitress took forever to attend our table, secondly it took her 20 min. after we ordered our food for her to tell us that they were out of brisket and grilled chicken. It was my birthday and I chose Dinosaurs to celebrate my special day, but I was not happy at the end of my special Day.Special Features:
- Date nightdeardinoDined on 7/18/2014It as very convenient to have reservations- the wait was about an hour and fifteen minutes for those who didn't. Service was great. Drinks were a little too strong. two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait timeDinoBBQLoverDined on 7/18/2014I've been here a few times and I lobe the food but each time I go, the wait time for a table is ridiculously long. An hour and a half to two hours for a table??? So I used the open table app for reservations hoping that we would be seated quicker, nope! My reservation was for 9:15 and we didn't get seated until 9:50-10 after asking them twice about a table. Hopefully they can work on managing their wait time better because I love this place. The food is awesome, the live bands are hot and the drinks are great. Just need better wait timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining experience on 7/13/14DinobbqDined on 7/13/2014The food is usually great whenever I visit but it wasn't so great that night. Food didn't taste fresh and the portions were smaller than usual. It was a bit disappointing because I'd been boasting about how great the food is, but my party didn't get to experience that. I'd still refer people there because everyone's entitled to a bad day every once in a while.. even my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome energytheguiltypleasuresinlifeDined on 7/12/2014THE WINGS ARE AMAZING. I love the wango tango ones. No matter how often I got them, they always come out perfect and juicy. If you have any fewer than 6 people, do not get the family platter if you don't want to take food home. We had 5, and every person went home with a full box of food. The mac and cheese and homemade lemonade are also to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodDreambigDined on 7/12/2014The food was great I will more than like visit again and with a bigger groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to ho backNYGregsterDined on 7/12/2014Great ribs, good beer, reasonable prices. Need one in Long IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.