Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
604 Union St.
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: 3474297030x
- Hours of Operation:
Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
When you're serious about your Bar-B-Que. Featuring award-winning Southern-Style Pit Smoked BBQ, Local & Regional Craft Beers and late night dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (162)neighborhood gem (108)kid-friendly (106)fit for foodies (88)hot spot (85)great for lunch (77)late-night find (51)great for outdoor dining (49)special occasion (49)vibrant bar scene (45)great for brunch (28)romantic (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- BBQ delightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Went here after talking about it for months. Couldn't get a late reservation so arrived early - around 5. Plenty of tables. All of us / we were 4 people- totally enjoyed all we are. Split the boiled shrimp appetizer and each had a different 3 meat meal with 2 sides. Ribs, pork, brisket and chicken were great as were the sides. We live in Staten Island but would go back there again mmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FoodieDined on 9/26/2014Awesome Bbq, music, and great energy...if you are craving for some southern food...highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dino-rifict!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The food was not what I Expected from a BBQ joint it was better. Everything was great. Live music too. Date friendly and kid friendly too...ln the daytime though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014A big, rollicking firehouse atmosphere, tables large enough to accommodate the big groups and families that seemed to be a major part of the clientele, great beer selection and a wider selection of menu choices than most BBQ joints. Wonderfully quick and cheerful service -- our server took our entire complex order by memory, and got it exactly right. And maybe best of all, a delightfuly diverse crowd. The BBQ maybe wasn't quite up to Fette Sau, but on the other hand you could go in and get served and eat, which is a big plus in my book.Special Features:
- SoniaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Amazing BBQ. Overall. Great service, friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- Fun, Rustic, but make a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great time at Dino! A popular place on Friday night, walk-ins were waiting 30-40 minutes, but our reservation got us right in to sit. Crowd was boisterous, but we were still able to hear each other talk. Server was really great, especially trying to find just the right beer for us. Our three shared appetizers, deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes and pork sliders, were delicious. Everyone enjoyed their barbeque dishes. When we left, a huge crowd waited outside to get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Awesome BBQ. Great sides (try the fried green tomatoes). Amazing brisket, melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommended!BennyDined on 9/21/2014I use to dinosaur bbq in differents places , but this pne is catastrophic.Special Features:
- The best BBQ joint in Brooklyn.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I made a reservation for my wife birthday celebration and it was awesome. The service was great and the food was the best. I have never had BBQ brisket and ribs that taste so good. The meat just fall off bone. My wife was surprised and enjoyed ever bit of it. Wow! Please go and check it out. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty ribsGoodFoodOnlyDined on 9/19/2014The ribs here suck. They were dry, tough, and chewy. Did not fall off the bone as they should. They gave me a stomach ache. They weren't even hot. Very disappointed.
- Not bad, but not overly wowedKymberella281Dined on 9/14/2014My review may be dependent on the fact that I only had a pulled pork sandwich and didn't go all out for the BBQ platters. I did appreciate that the service was fast and friendly, which was ideal since we had to get to a concert at the Barclays Center afterwards. Neat little find!Special Features:
- Fun food!SexyDinersDined on 9/13/2014Always a fun time!!! The appetizers are delicious. We order brisket, ribs and chicken. So yummy!!! Donkey Punch is the best drink. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQDLBLDined on 9/13/2014Some of the best Q you'll find in NYC. Service was decent & food came out fast. They don't rush you. Very nice craft beer list. Reservations is the way to go, table was ready right on time.Special Features:
- Good EatPhoenixluvs2eatDined on 9/13/2014First impressions are everything. With that said the hostess was a bit rude. Which had me feeling as though this is how the rest of the staff is. Thank goodness that wasn't the case. The service was pretty good once we got over that hiccup with the hostess. Now, to the food. I ordered the combination (pick 3) with St.Louis. ribs, brisket and spicy drunken shrimp. My sides were BBQ beans and collard greens. All I have to say is I had a foodgasm! Everything I ate was flavorful and we'll cooked. I don't really eat everyone's greens... Dinosaur BBQ did the greens justice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum yum yumpatsviewDined on 9/13/2014the food is off the charts good. this is the best barbecue i have ever had. the portions are huge. i had leftovers for 2 more mails. the brisket is so yummy. i have special needs and they made me feel very comfortable. the service is also outstanding.Special Features:
- Great BBQNaomi39Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and with plenty of spice. The menu's variety was great. Love the Fried Green Tomatoes. Wish I would have ordered them as an appetizer. The staff was very friendly and they make you feel welcome once you enter the restaurant. Thats really good for business. I highly recommend this restaurant. Thanks for a a lovely lunch/dinner for me and my mother hanging out on a Saturday Afternoon.Special Features:
- BBQ RIBS AND CHICKENMarianneDined on 9/11/2014We as a group of 6 celebrated my husband dinner here at Dinosaur BBQ in Brooklyn. First off the appetizers are great. The food is great! The waiter/waitress service was great and attentive. The great thing is they didn't hover over you every second, which I very much love in a restaurant. You don't feel you have to eat and be rushed out. You get to enjoy your meal without being bother so much. Definitely great decor. I would definitely recommend all of my family and friends to go to Dinosaur BBQ in Brooklyn! Come one come all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ in Great SpacengleeVIPDined on 9/7/2014Dinosaur BBQ took over an old industrial building and kitsched it out with Americana, but nicely so, creating a large, bustling spot to chow down some decent cue. The pulled pork sandwich was dry rather than moist. The meat fell off the bones of the ribs and was tasty - the beef brisket was terrific with just enough fat to keep it moist and delicious. The black-eyed peas were overcooked for my tastes, but I understand some people prefer it this way. Having spent some time in Quebec, we were anxious to try their version of poutine - not quite the same, but tasty nevertheless.Special Features:
- Don't waste your money.BklynFoodieDined on 9/6/2014If you like your food overcooked and smothered in BBQ sauce this is the place for you. We were lucky we had reservations so there was very little wait, (thank God). There were people waiting for over an hour without reservations. I heard a lot of good thing about Dinosaur BBQ that's why we tried it, we will not be returning.
- Lives up to Dino nameMcmasterTDined on 9/6/2014Finally got to the Brooklyn Dino and was not disappointed. Went to school at Syracuse so have long loved this BBQ and this location was great. Sad not to see Syracuse salt potatoes on the menu but I understand them mixing things up from location to location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ in NYC???BBQ4lifeDined on 9/6/2014When I heard about dinosaur BBQ, I said to my wife "there's no way I'm wasting one of my precious vacation meals on anything less than perfect." After she threatened divorce, I caved and went with her to dinosaur BBQ. I've had a lot of BBQ in my day and this was at the top of the list. The flavors and seasoning were absolutely perfect. The staff was friendly and the service was fast. I now find myself telling people that I would go back to NYC just for the BBQ! I'll be recommending dinosaur BBQ well before any of the thousands of tourist attractions in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParrisDined on 9/6/2014Really had a good time. Food was well seasoned. Atmosphere was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooooo disappointed!BKDinoDisappointedVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've visited other Dinosaur locations and loved it! So when it showed up a mile from our home, we were so excited.... Were. The food was not even close to being as delicious as it's counterparts. We left uneaten dishes and did not want to take anything home! And the Mac n cheese.... What did you DO to it? :o( The ribs and chicken were DRY! The waitress we had was lovely. Host was welcoming. Noise level was fine. The atmosphere was a scaled down version of the other location. We were so disappointed.
- A delicious restaurant!SteveDigardDined on 9/3/2014We are french, and we had love the ambiance and the burgers! French fries are perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers For Sure...CoachGreeneDined on 9/1/2014Been to the Harlem location before and BKY was true to form. These guys do the meet very well. Great flavor, Pork or chicken…pure smoke and a range of tasty sauces. But the rest is lacking. Salty over flavored mac and cheese. Greens that cheat with smoked turkey in stead of pork and taste like. And, dirt cornbread. Additionally, if you are in a large group, expect to wait on slow service.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch at Dino BBQHartsieDined on 9/1/2014We were a party of 22, dining at lunchtime on Labor Day. I called to make reservations ahead of time but knew it would be tough to seat us together. The manager Joshua came through awesomely and set us up along one wall. The food arrived surprising fast (we were advised to order family style, so that helped) and everything was delicious!! The pulled pork was amazing, as well as the mac n cheese. It didn't take long for the mounds of food to disappear. The service was top notch for taking care of such a large group on a busy holiday. Thank you to Joshua, Cory and the staff at Dino BBQ Brooklyn for a wonderful birthday lunch!Special Features:
- A diamond in the ruffFoxy2154Dined on 8/31/2014First of all they were very courteous. 4 of the people in my party were late and they still held my reservation. The waitress was attentive and professional. All around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall off the Bone RibsStick66VIPDined on 8/31/2014Great tasting chickens and ribs...fall off the bone tender. Not a fancy place but the food and service was very good. Seems like a good place to go with a group. NAD
- More Bresd Than Meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Both my guest and my meal we consider as fillers. There's more bread than meats. But the ambient was good.
- Best BBQ New YorkspelevinkenDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic food in a nice enviroment. Friendly staff and excellent service. Love BBQ and this was on the top of my BBQ list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLeenDined on 8/27/2014For the first time it was great.Food was great and the service wAs awesome.A place where you can dress casual and relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyNYTravelista1208Dined on 8/23/2014If you love BBQ food, this is definitely the place to go. The ribs, chicken wings, pulled pork sliders, Mac & cheese, and the mashed potatoes were delicious! Would definitely go again and recommend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BBQ food + drinksChanthonyDined on 8/21/2014The food was amazing as usual! The 4 of us shared a relatively small table but it was large enough to hold the Family Style BBQ order which comes on a large platter, plus 3 sides. The Mac and cheese is a must get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ!SandyDined on 8/20/2014This location opened about one year ago, and it was much easier to get a reservation for this location than the Harlem spot. 50 min from Manhattan Valley we were sitting down to the sweetheart deal. Yum. Great deal but next time we will just get 1/2 rack. Too much to eat. Very good St. Luois style ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBARNESDined on 8/19/2014I have been here several times and it's always good, except this time. We asked specifically for the appetizers to come out before the food, we were disappointed when they came out 15 minutes AFTER our entrées, which were luke warm at best. Two of the guys in my group including myself were missing their sides, one of the guys got it after he finished his meal and my mashed potatoes never made it to the table. Food was bland on this particular night. Our waitress was MIA for the majority of the night. Usually this place is really good and the service is usually not this bad. Everyone is allowed an off night I suppose.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!GuioelDined on 8/17/2014The food was so good and for such a great price! The beer selection is fantastic and the service is great and quick. The waiters really know what they're talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Heaven!LEEMODined on 8/17/2014One word...YUMMY!!!!! Friends have been raving about the food here and I can be a bit of a sceptic at times, therefore it took me waaaay too long to try it for myself. I could kick myself! I will definitely be a repeat customer and often!! lovedit.comSpecial Features:
- awesome food ehhh servicechocomartiniDined on 8/16/2014But who goes to a bbq place for good service right? Decent beer list, pulled for to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family meal worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014My family and I go the family meal, and it was sooo good. THought that quantity might mean lesser quality, but that was not at all the case. Chicken moist. Brisket and ribs delicious as well. Can't go wrong with this if you're more than a group of 4. We were 4 adults and only finished about half of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babyasianbarbieDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely in love with this place. Was craving BBQ all week, the boyfriend brought me here for our Saturday night date. Great food at great prices. The BBQ sauce is some of the best I've ever had, and I grew up in the south! BE SURE TO MAKE A RESERVATION!!!Special Features: