Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
604 Union St.
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: 3474297030x
- Hours of Operation:
Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn
When you're serious about your Bar-B-Que. Featuring award-winning Southern-Style Pit Smoked BBQ, Local & Regional Craft Beers and late night dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (154)neighborhood gem (96)kid-friendly (92)fit for foodies (86)hot spot (78)great for lunch (72)late-night find (45)vibrant bar scene (42)great for outdoor dining (40)special occasion (38)great for brunch (22)romantic (6)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Various selections of food. Burgers, chicken, pork, meat. Great BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The wait inbetween drinks was a bit long,otherwise a nice neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dino is Awesome!RSantanaDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic place, great atmosphere, hip... the food is amazing and the house beer rules. Great customer service, thank you Monique for your kind service, I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Had some issues with dueling hostesses (one promised us a table that was then given away by the other), but otherwise a highly enjoyable experience. Server (Megan) was fantastic, super busy but still very attentive and on point. Food was excellent - an impressive feat considering how busy the joint was at the time. Good times indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute pleasure.JaguarDined on 10/16/2014I like to tip well when the service is good, and I left over a 25% tip on a $100 tab. That's how good this place was. The food was delicious, the cider was great, and they chased us down when we forgot out delicious cheesecake. 10 out of 10. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In BBQ heaven!BBQFanaticDined on 10/15/2014I love BBQ and so happy that dinosaur BBQ has come to Brooklyn. Enjoyed my dining experience, looking forward to being a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!FamilyeatingDined on 10/13/2014The place is large, noisy and crowded. The waiters seem harried but they are earnest in their task. The tap options are plentiful and good. Plenty of craft beer options. The bbq is good. I like this place for a hearty warm meal on a cold day. I always feel I'm out in the country somewhere in the south. The kids like it but be careful. Lots of spicy foods .. even the kids mac and cheese. They like the bbq chicken and the kids chicken fingers. Wish there were more veggie options. The kale and blackeye peas is kale anemic.
- Disappointed in DinosaurOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Dinosaur BBQ was just OK. VERY NOISY, Sun nite football! The ribs were good (not great), but not home-made. We did not like the sides, except for the corn bread. Mac & cheese was dried out. Cole slaw had way too much vinegar. Collards and black eyed peas ok but everything was way too salty. There is better BBQ in Brooklyn.Special Features:
- What's all the fussMikeKVIPDined on 10/12/2014Have heard about Dino for years and was excited to get a reservation for my birthday dinner, especially when I saw that they had fried green tomatoes on the menu. As my grandmother would say, "It was better than a poke in the face" but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. The fried green tomatoes were not that good, No one was raving about their ribs, although I enjoyed the Chicken steak, although it was a bit greasy. It's a BBQ place and maybe i shouldn't have expected more, but nothing stood out here for me.Special Features:
- Too busy for some to handle...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The service was slow but I know it's busy so I usually dont mind. What really bothered me was after my boyfriend paid with his card, he asked me to write out the tip for him. I wrote a 20% tip. Then we left. Halfway up the block we were chased by the server who insisted we took both copies of the receipt leaving him unable to close out. I know we didn't because I placed it in the book myself! After an awkward minute of defending ourselves he then says that the bus boy may have taken it accidentally so he asked us to come back and sign another check. There is obvious miscommunication between staff as to who picks up checks from tables but it was at the expense of implying we walked out on our check.Special Features:
- Cool hangout spotnewfan17Dined on 10/11/2014Our waitress Mickey gave world class service...her drink recommendation was right on and she was very good with me daughter keeping her entertained...the food was great even though the mac n cheese had too much black pepper...the food was delicious...it was a bit cold inside so hopefully that changes for the winter...the wait time for food wasn't long eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealenzoDined on 10/4/2014Barbeque here is good. Seems like the last time we came it was better, but everyone's entitled to a bad day. It was still very goodSpecial Features:
- Best RibsBestribsDined on 10/2/2014Best Ribs in town hands down! Child friendly. Ask for a table in the back if you want it a little quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating MomHappy75BirthdayDeloresDined on 10/1/2014I have been to the restaurant before. I took my mom to celebrate her 75th birthday. The staff was so helpful and accommodated me with everything I asked to do for her. I had her flowers sent there and the staff including the manager came out with them and wished her a song singing happy birthday. Even the patrons wished her a happy one. She enjoyed the food so much she said she had to let my brother bring her there again. This was my second birthday celebration there in Broolyn.mthemfirst one was for my boyfriend which was his first time too. He enjoyed it immensely. I live in the Bronx and it is well,worth bypassing Harlems Dinosaurs and coming there. Thanks to the entire staff for a memorable and happy day for my mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Great food and great for groups. Only complaint was that our waitress disappeared for a large chunk of time???!!! Also I had told the maître de that we were celebrating something and he was going to tell waitress- did not happen. They need to get their act togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationTrininmama13Dined on 9/28/2014I made a reveravation for 6 to celebrate my husband birthday. We were running late but when we got there they seated us right away. The food was awesome, serives was excellent & the drinks was amazing.. Would be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ delightBbqlovaDined on 9/27/2014Went here after talking about it for months. Couldn't get a late reservation so arrived early - around 5. Plenty of tables. All of us / we were 4 people- totally enjoyed all we are. Split the boiled shrimp appetizer and each had a different 3 meat meal with 2 sides. Ribs, pork, brisket and chicken were great as were the sides. We live in Staten Island but would go back there again mmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!FoodieDined on 9/26/2014Awesome Bbq, music, and great energy...if you are craving for some southern food...highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dino-rifict!!!rainebknyDined on 9/26/2014The food was not what I Expected from a BBQ joint it was better. Everything was great. Live music too. Date friendly and kid friendly too...ln the daytime though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014A big, rollicking firehouse atmosphere, tables large enough to accommodate the big groups and families that seemed to be a major part of the clientele, great beer selection and a wider selection of menu choices than most BBQ joints. Wonderfully quick and cheerful service -- our server took our entire complex order by memory, and got it exactly right. And maybe best of all, a delightfuly diverse crowd. The BBQ maybe wasn't quite up to Fette Sau, but on the other hand you could go in and get served and eat, which is a big plus in my book.Special Features:
- SoniaSmileyDined on 9/26/2014Amazing BBQ. Overall. Great service, friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- Fun, Rustic, but make a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great time at Dino! A popular place on Friday night, walk-ins were waiting 30-40 minutes, but our reservation got us right in to sit. Crowd was boisterous, but we were still able to hear each other talk. Server was really great, especially trying to find just the right beer for us. Our three shared appetizers, deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes and pork sliders, were delicious. Everyone enjoyed their barbeque dishes. When we left, a huge crowd waited outside to get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Awesome BBQ. Great sides (try the fried green tomatoes). Amazing brisket, melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommended!BennyDined on 9/21/2014I use to dinosaur bbq in differents places , but this pne is catastrophic.Special Features:
- The best BBQ joint in Brooklyn.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I made a reservation for my wife birthday celebration and it was awesome. The service was great and the food was the best. I have never had BBQ brisket and ribs that taste so good. The meat just fall off bone. My wife was surprised and enjoyed ever bit of it. Wow! Please go and check it out. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty ribsGoodFoodOnlyDined on 9/19/2014The ribs here suck. They were dry, tough, and chewy. Did not fall off the bone as they should. They gave me a stomach ache. They weren't even hot. Very disappointed.
- Not bad, but not overly wowedKymberella281Dined on 9/14/2014My review may be dependent on the fact that I only had a pulled pork sandwich and didn't go all out for the BBQ platters. I did appreciate that the service was fast and friendly, which was ideal since we had to get to a concert at the Barclays Center afterwards. Neat little find!Special Features:
- Fun food!SexyDinersDined on 9/13/2014Always a fun time!!! The appetizers are delicious. We order brisket, ribs and chicken. So yummy!!! Donkey Punch is the best drink. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQDLBLDined on 9/13/2014Some of the best Q you'll find in NYC. Service was decent & food came out fast. They don't rush you. Very nice craft beer list. Reservations is the way to go, table was ready right on time.Special Features:
- Good EatPhoenixluvs2eatDined on 9/13/2014First impressions are everything. With that said the hostess was a bit rude. Which had me feeling as though this is how the rest of the staff is. Thank goodness that wasn't the case. The service was pretty good once we got over that hiccup with the hostess. Now, to the food. I ordered the combination (pick 3) with St.Louis. ribs, brisket and spicy drunken shrimp. My sides were BBQ beans and collard greens. All I have to say is I had a foodgasm! Everything I ate was flavorful and we'll cooked. I don't really eat everyone's greens... Dinosaur BBQ did the greens justice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum yum yumpatsviewDined on 9/13/2014the food is off the charts good. this is the best barbecue i have ever had. the portions are huge. i had leftovers for 2 more mails. the brisket is so yummy. i have special needs and they made me feel very comfortable. the service is also outstanding.Special Features:
- Great BBQNaomi39Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and with plenty of spice. The menu's variety was great. Love the Fried Green Tomatoes. Wish I would have ordered them as an appetizer. The staff was very friendly and they make you feel welcome once you enter the restaurant. Thats really good for business. I highly recommend this restaurant. Thanks for a a lovely lunch/dinner for me and my mother hanging out on a Saturday Afternoon.Special Features:
- BBQ RIBS AND CHICKENMarianneDined on 9/11/2014We as a group of 6 celebrated my husband dinner here at Dinosaur BBQ in Brooklyn. First off the appetizers are great. The food is great! The waiter/waitress service was great and attentive. The great thing is they didn't hover over you every second, which I very much love in a restaurant. You don't feel you have to eat and be rushed out. You get to enjoy your meal without being bother so much. Definitely great decor. I would definitely recommend all of my family and friends to go to Dinosaur BBQ in Brooklyn! Come one come all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ in Great SpacengleeVIPDined on 9/7/2014Dinosaur BBQ took over an old industrial building and kitsched it out with Americana, but nicely so, creating a large, bustling spot to chow down some decent cue. The pulled pork sandwich was dry rather than moist. The meat fell off the bones of the ribs and was tasty - the beef brisket was terrific with just enough fat to keep it moist and delicious. The black-eyed peas were overcooked for my tastes, but I understand some people prefer it this way. Having spent some time in Quebec, we were anxious to try their version of poutine - not quite the same, but tasty nevertheless.Special Features:
- Don't waste your money.BklynFoodieDined on 9/6/2014If you like your food overcooked and smothered in BBQ sauce this is the place for you. We were lucky we had reservations so there was very little wait, (thank God). There were people waiting for over an hour without reservations. I heard a lot of good thing about Dinosaur BBQ that's why we tried it, we will not be returning.
- Lives up to Dino nameMcmasterTDined on 9/6/2014Finally got to the Brooklyn Dino and was not disappointed. Went to school at Syracuse so have long loved this BBQ and this location was great. Sad not to see Syracuse salt potatoes on the menu but I understand them mixing things up from location to location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ in NYC???BBQ4lifeDined on 9/6/2014When I heard about dinosaur BBQ, I said to my wife "there's no way I'm wasting one of my precious vacation meals on anything less than perfect." After she threatened divorce, I caved and went with her to dinosaur BBQ. I've had a lot of BBQ in my day and this was at the top of the list. The flavors and seasoning were absolutely perfect. The staff was friendly and the service was fast. I now find myself telling people that I would go back to NYC just for the BBQ! I'll be recommending dinosaur BBQ well before any of the thousands of tourist attractions in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParrisDined on 9/6/2014Really had a good time. Food was well seasoned. Atmosphere was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooooo disappointed!BKDinoDisappointedVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've visited other Dinosaur locations and loved it! So when it showed up a mile from our home, we were so excited.... Were. The food was not even close to being as delicious as it's counterparts. We left uneaten dishes and did not want to take anything home! And the Mac n cheese.... What did you DO to it? :o( The ribs and chicken were DRY! The waitress we had was lovely. Host was welcoming. Noise level was fine. The atmosphere was a scaled down version of the other location. We were so disappointed.
- A delicious restaurant!SteveDigardDined on 9/3/2014We are french, and we had love the ambiance and the burgers! French fries are perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.