222 Dekalb Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinorestaurantny.com/
- Phone: 7182221999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Dino
Located in the heart of Fort Greene, Dino is an Italian restaurant focusing on seasonal, fresh and simple comfort food. Named after the owners' son, the restaurant prides itself on fresh pasta and desserts that are made in house. The regular menu is accompanied by a wide selection of daily specials, innovative cocktails and an eclectic wine selection. Outdoor dining is available on the front patio or in the large, airy back garden. The restaurant is available for large parties, private events and off-site catering. Close to BAM, the Pratt Institute, Brooklyn Flea, and Fort Greene Park, Dino is the perfect choice for lunch, brunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dino reviews from OpenTable diners
- lovely little Italian gembkfoodieDined on 11/10/2013Only a few tables. Cozy. Great Italian food (not traditional red-sauce place). Friendly, chill waitstaff. We went early; probably it's really tight during peak dining hours - which could be fine, since you can actually get a reservation and all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious and fresh.DvhungerVIPDined on 10/19/2013I enjoy this restaurant and tend to have the same delicious orecchiette along with kale salad. I even love the salad and feel good about having such a healthy meal..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJewellDined on 9/17/2013Waited a few min for a table. Food was out quick yet didn't seem rush. Dinner was delicious. I had salmon which was delicious and desert was lovely. This was a last min find on open table for a place and it was a good choice noted by my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2013This is a great neighborhood spot. The food is great, they take reservations (rare among the good eating spots in this hood), and the service is above par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud & small placeFizzyDined on 8/24/2013The food was tasty, waitress was nice but the tables are so close together that the people sitting next to you are practically at your table. Also, at dinner time it is very loud and not good for conversation. Will go back for the food but not a fan of the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Amazing food, small quartersaman6apan6aDined on 8/19/2013The food was delicious. We started with the bufala mozzarella - it was very fresh and the tomatoes were large, juicy, and thick. I had the spinach gnocchi in garlic cream and tomato sauce, which was the best spinach gnocchi I've ever had. My husband had the rigatoni with meatball and sausage ragu, which was very tasty, and the waiter happily brought him some bread to sop up the extra sauce when he asked (they don't put bread on the table). Our table was in a bit of a tight spot against the wall, and they do squeeze some tables into the small space, but I wasn't uncomfortable being close as it was a celebration dinner. The ambiance was enough to forget that I couldn't move my chair back. Not recommended if you don't like "close quarters".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great homemade pastasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013We had a late night dinner in the back garden. It was quiet and cozy. We forgot we were still in Brooklyn. The menu had nice choices and the home made pastas were excellent. Our waitress was friendly but clearly did not know the menu and was very slow. I'm not sure if she was new, but we did not even get our drinks for a half hour and then our appetizers came at the same time as the dinners. I would still give this local another chance, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local discoveryMaestrodaddycrabDined on 7/17/2013When I told my son to pick a restaurant for his birthday he said Dino without hesitation. The space is small, but easily handled our party of 6. The waitress, whom my other son knew, treated us all like friends. We each ordered a different specialty drink and exchanged tastes. They were among the best I've had in years. We began with a wide assortment of appetizers, each one better than the next, and main courses were beautifully prepared and presented, and delicious. Due to a mix up my wife didn't get her entree until ours were gone, but she said it was worth the wait, and the staff couldn't have been nicer about it. All of this might have been a hard act to follow, but the deserts lived up to the standard. This place is a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2013Went for an early dinner prior to a concert at the Barclays Center. It was a short, enjoyable twenty minute walk through the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn. Food and service were both excellent! Loved the cozy atmosphere of the place. We were early so it wasn't crowded; but if it was, the tables in front may be too close together. I definitely will go back the next time I have an event at the center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect neighborhood retreatRobertBrooklynDined on 6/21/2013Dino is a perfect retreat. The backyard garden, while cozy, is a fantastic way to enjoy outdoor dining without having to hear cars race by. The service is attentive, but not overwhelming. There is clearly a focus on letting guests enjoy the evening. The food is superb and it does not try too hard. That doesn't mean unsophisticated, just unpretentious and delicious. Not sure what else one could ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and DeliciousDLa79Dined on 6/8/2013I highly recommend Dino. My parents are picky eaters and I'm gluten free, and there were dishes to accommodate all or our needs. And they were ALL outstanding. The vegetables were fresh and delicious, the burrata was amazing, and the organic chicken I had was the most tender chicken I have ever eaten. Go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for a group /outdoor /foodcocoDined on 5/31/2013we where a group of 5 - there was no rush to get us out.. and we took a long time order.. - we where sitting outdoor - perfect - really good food - sweet staffSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch!MurtiDined on 5/5/2013Recently went here for brunch and it was great! Best french toast that I have had in a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2013To begin the evening, we were very delayed in traffic. We called to change our reservation, and the restaurant was incredibly accommodating in getting us seated as soon as possible once we finally arrived. Wonderful food in a tiny but welcoming setting. Had several things from the menu as well as a few of the specials and all were delicious. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. One note ... for dessert we had an ice cream (home made cappuccino), a fruit tart, and a tiramisu. The fruit tart was amazing. The tiramisu was not very sweet - hubby liked it better than I.Special Features:
- Our group was at least a halfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Our group was at least a half hour late for our reservation, and we ended up having 1 more person than we had reserved for. The Dino staff was incredibly accommodating and nice even though they could have very easily said "too late your table is gone." (I'm sure it helped that it wasn't terribly busy.) We also had pre-purchased a drink deal, which added another level of potential annoyance to the staff, but they were still wonderful. The food was delicious. We each ordered something different ... from salad to eggs to omelets to burgers to ravioli, and we each absolutely loved our meal. We'll be back - for the service, for the food, and for the all around lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- We loved our meals, the wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2013We loved our meals, the wine was perfect, the service was excellent...we had a group of seven and down the line everyone was raving about their meals. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- We recently moved to the neighborhorickVIPDined on 2/15/2013We recently moved to the neighborhood because of Hurricane Sandy. We are big foodies, and this is the third time we have been to Dino. Already planning our next visit.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood Italian.sefbklynDined on 2/9/2013Great neighborhood Italian. Tasty, honest food and well-priced; cozy and romantic.Special Features:
- Needed to find a place nearOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/1/2013Needed to find a place near Pratt, and we were very pleasantly surprised. Pretty much everything our party of five ordered was good ... fresh, good flavors, well made. We'll be back!Special Features:
- ;OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013What a wonderful surprise this restaurant was. From the website and from customer reviews we were expecting very good food but standard Italian food, in a very nice but somewhat formal setting. The reality is a warm, cozy ambience, very friendly service, and some of the best food I have eaten anywhere in NYC in a while, Italian, but with very interesting notes. I would highly recommend this restaurant and would go back, even though it is a bit out of my way.Special Features:
- Getting the attention of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Getting the attention of our waiter was somewhat of a challenge. But when we had it he gave decent service. Food was once again great.Special Features:
- I went here on the 31st, theyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012I went here on the 31st, they were busy, but did not break a sweat. Very organized and prompt service. Very cute restaurant and the food was delicious! I must also add that the desserts were incredible! The panna cotta was one of the best I've had and trust me I have tried MANY of them and this is probably top two! And the tiramisu was delicious too! Pasta was fresh and very hot! I love when the food is served hot, right out of the stove. Wine bottles are a bit pricey, but overall the restaurant is very reasonably priced. I recommend and will be back!Special Features:
- Nice space but lacking overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012Nice space but lacking overall on the food side. The pasta was mediocre and definitely dried/boxed. Other ingredients were very basic and lacking in quality. Overall not bad, but its not on my list to go back anytime soon.
- Dino is a great date spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012Dino is a great date spot. I went during the week with a date and we had a lovely time. There's a classic, quiet atmosphere and the staff was very friendly. The artisanal food choices, wine and cocktails, and small feeling make it a great place to take someone you want to impress. Dino has some very unique pasta combinations that are so delicious. I highly recommend their house made ravioli. Yummy.Special Features:
- Really great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012Really great neighborhood restaurant. The food is always fabulous. Great specials and good wine selection. It's a really small restaurant -so always good to make a reservation.Special Features:
- I love Dino. Great for brunchFoodluvrDined on 9/30/2012I love Dino. Great for brunch but also or a quick dinner on a weeknight, Staff is always friendly and accommodating. Food is great. You can't really ask for more.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectWerreandWrakeVIPDined on 9/16/2012Seeking a spot to have brunch before Einstein on the Beach at BAM, we tried this place after reading reviews of several other spots. It couldn't have been better. The garden out back was too charming, as was the interior, actually. The frittatas (sp?) couldn't have been better, nor could the polenta. They *were* out of decaf, which seemed like a slightly embarrassing ordering favor, but no one complained when one of our party ran out to buy a cup elsewhere. We're looking for opportunities to go again. We didn't get to try the spicy farro, after all.Special Features:
- Lovely place, makes you feelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2012Lovely place, makes you feel lucky to live in Fort Greene/Clinton Hill. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- This was a nice small place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012This was a nice small place. Very crowded and a little noisey but great food. Good for adults that want to have a late night dinner and hangoutSpecial Features:
- We are new to the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2012We are new to the neighborhood and while walking by Dino's on the way to the farmer's market, I noticed the restaurant had high chairs. I'm not one of those parents who think their kids should be welcome everywhere, so I figured the restaurant would be kid-friendly. The next weekend, friends came into town with their young teenager in tow and we had a great meal at Dino's. We arrived at 11am on a Sat and the place was empty (but by the time we left it was full). From frittatas to burgers to pancakes, everything was fresh and flavorful. Portions are on the smaller side, but we will be back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012My party was attending a conference nearby, visiting the city, and selected Dino, based on previous reviews. We were not disappointed in the least! Each of the three entrees we sampled were fresh, delicious and in sufficient quantity. We were seated in the outdoor dining area in the rear...a quiet oasis in the city and comfortable both in seating and ambiance. We all agreed we would return to Dino's the next time we are in town for work.Special Features:
- Disappointed that SicilianChuckVIPDined on 5/11/2012Disappointed that Sicilian salad had canned tuna and fried calamari were cold and not cooked fresh
- Good food, nice staff andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/5/2012Good food, nice staff and good value, but tables are tiny and a little cramped.
- Really cute little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Really cute little restaurant with an outside garden. Food was great and prices reasonable. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very tasty original recipes.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Very tasty original recipes. House-made pasta. Intimate atmosphere. Affordable prices. Combined make a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food, nice out doorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Great food, nice out door seating spot as well. Fun drinks! Friendly staff. Great warm, cozy bowls of pasta and you have to try the crostini!Special Features: