Dino & Harry's Steakhouse
163 14th St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Dino & Harry's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinoandharrys.com/
- Phone: 2016596202
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00pm - 10pm;
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: Closed in Summer
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Geraldo Leal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On Saturdays, Dino & Harry's Steakhouse only accepts reservations for parties of 5 or more.
- Entertainment: Piano entertainment – Tuesday through Saturday
A word from Dino & Harry's Steakhouse
Dino & Harry's Steakhouse has a turn of the century bar with original tile floors and tin ceiling. Dino & Harry's serves seafood and pasta as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dino & Harry's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Summer 2014 Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The most delicious cut of sirloin I ever had, but disappointed by some of the side dishes. The potatoes were nothing special and the amount of garlic made the string beans almost inedible. The worst part though was to have the Restaurant Week menu advertise 5 dollar sides, and while clearly ordering off of that menu, be charged full price.
- NY Steak house in NJHobokenCookieVIPDined on 6/19/2014This is a great find. Caesar salad crisp and very anchovy in the ample dressing. Rib eye and sirloin steaks were very good, spinach side nicely sautéed and baked potato was tender on inside and crisped on outside. Well done. The "indoor sidewalk" table area is cramped and unappealing. Special request for that area in the reservation was not honored.Special Features:
- The following 418 reviews are from the Dino & Harry's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great steaks. Highly reccomend.SteakloverDined on 6/3/2014Steaks and sides were all perfectly done. Great place to take guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyCuseDined on 5/11/2014Made reservation day before we went, walked in door, was told hurry up we are closing kitchen, they had my email and phone #, why didn't they call or email me, ruined my Mother's Day
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/2/2014Would recommend the lamb although you cant go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerScottsterpDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I dined here on our wedding anniversary whilst On holiday in New Jersey. We were recommended to go here by a work colleague from New York. The food was very good and the lamb chops are a must to try! No room for dessert which was a shame as the selection looked delicious. Service was very good with attentive waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY Quality SteakandonDined on 4/29/2014Save the ride across the river. The meal will be comparable to the"famous" New York steak houses. Very nice friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Outstanding MealAdrianaDined on 4/24/2014I took my boyfriend for the first time and we absolutely loved it!! Him being a steak lover I knew Dino & Harry's Steakhouse would hit it out of the park. Nothing better then their bacon appetizer, steak dinner and a bottle of wine. Our waitress was amazing as well. Great service by the wait staff. I'm not one to complain but the welcoming/attitude by the hostess was rather disappointing, the only drawback. Regardless I would highly recommend this place. I'll keep going for the food!!Special Features:
- Constant excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014Always an enjoyable evening there with friends and business colleagues. Great friendly atmosphere and never feel pushed.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodieonbudgetDined on 4/16/2014We had to wait a long time for a table and the bar was very crowded so there really isn't room to wait. It is very loud. The service was very good. T waiter elwasvvery friendly. The food was also very good but for the price I think that they could include a side dish. Do to the price it is really a special occasion place, at least or us. We were celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary and my sons 23 bday and they did comp us two delicious deserts! That was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/3/2014This place never disappoints me with food and service. Perfectly cooked rib eye and the best fries! Reasonably priced wine list that contains 'good' wines. Steak lovers - totally worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartenderHungryDined on 3/31/2014Michael was tending bar and was very helpful in directing me from the parking garage to 495. I appreciated his patience, didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Overpriced, Overrated and OrdinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014No prices on the daily menu specials? Really? Is it free? If you are going to charge me over $50 for a steak, you better offer service in accordance with that. The shrimp stuffed w/ crab meat special was overcooked and flavorless. A puddle of cream sauce didn't change that. Butternut squash "risotto" was bland and more lacked any creaminess of a well-prepared risotto. My husband's rib eye was ordinary and overwhelmed by the blue cheese. Desert just ok. A menu with zero inventiveness. Boring selection of wines by the glass. The harried waiter was a nice enough fellow but this was by no means "service" one expects at a first-rate establishment. Why do people come here? To show that they can pay high prices? I won't be back.
- #1 SteakSteakDined on 3/23/2014Highly rated been going for years only place if you want a Great Porthouse they cook it they way you want it. Love the atmoshere and staff love the food and I come from an hour away to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to get a quality steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2014The food here is consistently of high quality and gives any New York steakhouse a run for its money. I've eaten here for 7 years and have never had a bad dining experience. For groups over 4 you should try to get a seat by the front window other wise the seating area along side the bar is great for the atmosphere. Seating in the back is my least favorite ( and particularly near the side windows) but that would not dissuade me from eating here. If you do not have the bacon starter you will probably regret it for eternity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on point!NicoleDined on 3/13/2014You can't go wrong with Dino and Harry's! This was my 4th time to this restaurant and they never disappoint. The steak is fantastic and the scallops are out of this world. The glass of wine I ordered was more like a pint so thank you for the generous pour! Service is great too.Special Features:
- Typical Steakhouse menue,KevinHDined on 3/7/2014Typical Steakhouse menue, a bit overpriced for the sides and sauces but otherwise not a bad evening out. Noise levels in the front room where the bar is were overloud but the back room, with it's "library" like feel was quieter. Servers were plesant, but busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoboken Highlight1PetiteDined on 3/7/2014My son moved to Hoboken and so we've been trying different restaurants when visiting. Dino and Harry's was highly recommended and didn't disappoint. We will definitely be back. This one stays at the top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to ManhattanBradzo6Dined on 2/28/2014Go to New York if you want to get a good steak. For the same price, you will get a much larger wine list, better steak, and better service. I was extremely disappointed, and worst of all, you aren't saving any money by staying on NJ side of the river.
- Decentluv2dineVIPDined on 2/19/2014Food is overpriced for the neighborhood, otherwise very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerAdroDinesDined on 2/14/2014Ambience was very nice. Food was great. I thought I had ordered the 3 course Pre Fixe Menu but it was really just one dish. That was the only downside. I wish the waiter would have explained a little more but overall great atmosphere and great wine menu. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting or from Hoboken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousJessDined on 2/14/2014I've never had a bad steak at Dino & Harry's....actually I've never had anything bad here. Everything on the menu makes your tastebuds happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expectations. and more.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Special night....D&H delivers, the food, service and ambience our excellent. We've been here a lot, and we know what the expectations are and yet D&H exceed them all the time. Keep it up D&H.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakFoodieDanVIPDined on 2/7/2014I live in the city, but ate hear with my fiance. The steak here is on par with some of the best steak places in NYC, but the local vibe makes it a great atmosphere. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFood4allDined on 1/31/2014We were sat 50 minutes after our reservation time, so we hung out at the bar in the meantime. You'd think they would have comped us something, even a fraction of our tab, but the patient waiting wasn't even recognized. Dinner was average... I got the sirloin, medium rare, but it was definitely more medium to well, so pretty disappointing. No one else was that impressed with their meals- someone got the filet, another person got the lamb (that was actually pretty good), but nothing worth going back for. All in all, an average meal at best, pretty poor service, and not worth the cost. Don't waste your time.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2014I absolutely adore this place. Amazing food. Amazing service. Amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend and I did the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/28/2014A friend and I did the restaurant week menu. We did the bacon and the arugula salad as our appetizers, which were both great. We both got the sirloin for our entrees. The steaks were perfectly cooked. The only thing that fell a little flat was the dessert (molten chocolate cake and the pumpkin cupcakes), hence the four stars for the food. Service was personable and the restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Steakkex320Dined on 1/24/2014We took my parents here for their wedding anniversary and they loved it! The steak was cooked perfectly and didn't need any sauce. When it comes to steak, I'm a purist and don't like a lot of condiments on it. The veggies were also tasty. I normally give my string beans away but actually ate them there. Great steak and service.Special Features:
- good steakkteatstreatsDined on 1/24/2014Steak was good. Service was attentive, maybe a little too much. They wanted us to eat and go. Staff is not friendly. Glad I tried it but unlikely to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJ9bobbyDined on 1/23/2014Thought they gave ample portions for a wonderful price. Nice meal with my booSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- He said the food was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/22/2014He said the food was pretty decent. I had the octopus salad which was pretty tasty and the cheese ravioli with mushrooms which wiSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerMikeCDined on 1/21/2014Outstanding service and food. I cannot stop talking about how good the applewood smoked bacon appetizer was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice piano bar with good food.NORTONDined on 1/20/2014Dino & Harry's Steakhouse was a nice Hoboken stop. A piano sits near the bar and adds to the ambience of a classy bar area. Tables are tucked away in various alcoves of this restaurant, adding to the experience. Food was solid and staff was spot on. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic food and atmosphereSherriVIPDined on 1/17/2014This place is super busy and I can understand why. It's got an old school vibe complete with live grand piano player til 10pm. Even the wine by the glass was notable... We had the 1919 Malbec, it's light and fruity, with berry under notes. You must order the steak here. The filet comes with chopped mushrooms on top and is cooked to perfection. I've had a lot of steaks and this was at the top of the list. Sides are big enough to share. The grilled asparagus was great but I would say the only disappointment was the mashed potatoes were a little bland, they need some garlic, butter or other seasoning. Waitstaff was knowledgeable and was only there when u needed them. A little loud but fun. Def going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not so great serviceDenaCDined on 1/17/2014I recently moved to Hoboken and when I heard about Hudson restaurant week my boyfriend and I decided this would be a great time to try Dino and Harry's after a friend's recommendation. We both ordered off of the pre-fixe restaurant week menu. Food wise, everything we ordered was delicious. The service, however was not what I was expecting. Our main waitress was very nice, however every time our food was brought out the servers had no idea whose dish went to who. Im sorry but this isnt Applebees. In my mind I was having dinner at a classy, professional establishment and with that perception comes a level of expectation. Unfortunately, those expectations were not completely met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekAlisonVIPDined on 1/16/2014Went here for restaurant week, service was great as was the food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceYumyummyDined on 1/15/2014We were here for restaurant week and we all ordered the steaks but different starters. The salad, soup of the day and bacon app were all great. The steaks were cooked exactly as we liked and the mashed and asparagus sides were good. The desserts (chocolate cake and pumpkin cupcakes) were dry. Still, probably the best steak place in Hoboken. (But they're aren't a lot of choices.) That said, our server was really slow. She wasn't rude, but she wasn't friendly either, and we waited a long time before our food was cleared. The other nice touch was the piano player, who played a great mix (including Blurred Lines).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealbogieVIPDined on 1/10/2014Great food with attentive, professional service. Steak done to perfection, however, place may be a bit loud at times. Never a bad meal here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG Steak!AuntDiVIPDined on 1/10/2014We arrived early for our reservation, hoping to have a drink at the bar. Unfortunately it was pretty crowded (Friday night, duh!). We were escorted to our table which was shielded from the bar noise. The bread was delicious, and my vegetarian husband was able to get a nice pasta dish off menu. My boneless sirloin was cooked perfectly, juicy with a bit of char. The service was pleasant and mostly efficient but a little slow. Again, Friday night. Can't wait to go back. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- NYE - ImpressedLaurkellygVIPDined on 12/31/2013We went to Dino & Harry's on NYE and I have to say, I was extremely impressed. We have been there a few times and last time was quite disappointing but we gave it another shot. The ambiance was great, the exact fit for a low key NYE. The oysters were perfect (not too fishy!) and everything we ordered was cooked perfectly. Dino & Harry's is back on our favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.