Dinner for Two
106 N. Guadalupe St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Dinner for Two
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerfortwonm.com/
- Phone: (505) 820-2075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Barnes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering is always a favorite. We meet your highest expectations and the price point that you require. A wide variety of choices to make all your party members happy.
- Private Party Facilities: We have three rooms of varying sizes so you can have a private party for twenty or a romantic dinner for two.
- Private Party Contact: Pam Barnes 5058202075x
- Entertainment: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings we have classical guitar. Our music accompanies dinner & conversation.
- Special Events: New Year's Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Mother's Day
- Cross Street: W San Francisco St.
- Public Transit: Dinner for Two is four blocks from the train station; And on the walking path to the Plaza along Guadalupe and San Fransisco Streets.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 6 spots at the front entrance, as well as a private lot "Jefferson Place" 50 feet west on W. San Fransisco Street.
A word from Dinner for Two
Dinner for Two is a family owned restaurant that has a comfortable, intimate atmosphere for parties large or small. Our local 'regulars' call us "a great value in fine dining". Multi-award winning: including Wine Spectator and "top 10 in southwest" We are happy to host dinners for organizations, or private celebrations from 2 to 60, everything is made in-house so special diets are easily accommodated: allergies, gluten free, etc.Continued
"Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
"Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Dinner for Two - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Dinner for Two reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (65)special occasion (62)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (36)good for groups (11)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Slipping into the middle of the packNancyDDined on 11/22/2014We have usually eaten at Dinner for Two about once a year when we are looking for someplace nice enough to join friends for a reasonably priced evening and out of our usual restaurant haunts - Midtown Bistro and Georgia. In the past, Dinner for Two has been very good. Unfortunately this time it was another place in town that was only "so-so." (for us, this now includes, Ristra, Restaurant Martin and L'Oliver). Salads were standard and uninspired fare - wedge, for example and even a seasonal salad with "roasted" brussel sprouts that were as close to raw as they would have been had I picked them up from the grocery store. The swordfish ordered by two of our four diners was bland and overpowered by the cranberry sauce on which it was served. My filet had good flavor but it had little inspiration on presentation and accompanying mashed potatoes. The fourth in our party had the crab cake entree which turned out to be a salad rather than an expected more traditional entree. Desserts were disappointing - coffee cake too dense and dry; donuts filled with chocolate were undercooked and the lilikoa sorbet was almost too sweet (although I realize that this is a very sweet fruit). So, while our conversation was great and both couples saw friends at other tables, we managed to enjoy the evening in spite of the spanish guitarist who was a bit loud and had a play list that included everything from "Stairway to Heaven, " to a Christmas carol to traditional spanish guitar favorites. Our server was attentive and obliging when questions were asked about specific ingredients. Not a bad experience, but will probably continue to go back to our usual haunts.
- Perfect!TeresaDined on 11/22/2014The food, wine, service and live music was all perfect. We will definitely be back for more and would recommend Dinner for Two to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentmogleybearDined on 11/22/2014This is our normal go to place for anniversaries / birthdays and other special occasions. It is kind of pricey, but worth it for us to go. The service is sometimes reported as very slow, but we find the pace to be perfect to allow a nice relaxed dining experience. The food is always excellent and the service has always been fantastic. If you are planning on going for dinner make sure to allow plenty of time and just enjoy each others company. This last time we both had steaks, a ribeye and the filet mignon. Both were perfectly prepared and very good. I understand that they have a pretty good wine list, but I do not drink wine and therefore don't really know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!PattyDined on 11/21/2014We always have a fabulous dinner at Dinner For Two ~~ fabulous wine list and superb food. Thank you so much! Patty & JimSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite Santa Fe restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Great wait staff! Chef / owner greets you as pass by kitchen. Table side prepared Caesar salad is a must ! Chateaubriand is world class . Classical guitarist was great touch to complete a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved table side Caesar salad & chateaubrindKarlaDined on 11/13/2014Great dining experience all the way around. Great date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of Santa FeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Food was amazing, service was wonderful ! I am not sure why it took us so long to try this wonderful place. The Ceasar salad is a must. Made at the table . My mouth was watering as it was being made. This itself was worth the wait. Husband had the fried chicken .. can't go wrong with bacon stuffed fried chicked with a bacon gravy. I have the Veal Picatta, perfect ! If you drive by this place like we did and kept saying " we need to try that place" do it! Worth every penny and every calorieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014Found Dinner for Two while out for a walk. Best dinner we had in Santa Fe and it rivals our favorite restaurants elsewhere. Sunday special is a great deal. Attentive but not intrusive service, bread, soups, entrees and desserts were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerLittleDogLaughedVIPDined on 11/9/2014We went for Sunday night dinner, which is a real bargain. The food was excellent, as was the service. If I lived in Santa Fe, I would eat here quite a bit, even with the very competitive food scene in Santa Fe. My only complaint was that the wine seemed somewhat overpriced, but this is forgivable given the very reasonable food prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usual.SFSkipperDined on 11/6/2014Food was great. This was a second visit. We had the Thursday special - garlic crusted smoked prime rib. Well worth the trip. Sat next to a couple from out of town. It had been recommended by their concierge - as they approached they said they wondered why they had been sent to a diner? As you enter, you pass the bar and open kitchen. Definitely part of the charm.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MugsyVIPDined on 11/6/2014This was by far the best restaurant we went to in our 4 days in Santa Fe. The food was fantastic. We had a wonderful red pepper soup then a delicious veal Marsala on a bed of vegetables. The veal was tender and the sauce very delicate. One of our group had the lamb shank which was also delicious. Service was impeccable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Chateau what?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Had the signature Chateaubriand and Caesar salad prepared table side for two. Just excellent! The wait staff was pleasantly attentive without being intrusive. The wine list was extensive and the J Lohr Seven Oaks Cab was perfect with what we ordered. We were too full to try a dessertSpecial Features:
- cozy and welcomingrubysoho28Dined on 10/26/2014Amazing chef and wife duo at this fabulous restaurant. We wondered why we waited this long to eat here! Love the half booth seating along the windows. The Sunday prix fixe dinner is a steal and should not be missed. Don't wait for a special occasion to come here. We took our children and it wasn't hard for them to find something they'll enjoy on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodSuziBDined on 10/25/2014The evening was good, table side cesaer salad and bananas foster was great, the stroganoff was good but the filet wasn't so hot. Good wine, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My Date and I thoroughly enjoy our dinner the dinner salad was remarkable. The Chef and the Chaeuteu Briaian was a great hit. The service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for twolovelyritaVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I had dinner at this cute little restaurant on a Friday evening. It was not very busy, maybe half full but we ate very early. All of our food was prepared tableside which was a lot of fun. Our great waiter Tom was so attentive and friendly he added to our great experience. We started with a Caesar salad for two which was prepared completely tableside and it was the best we have had in many years. We followed with chateaubriand for two, have not seen this dish on a menu for sev yrs, prepared tableside. The steak was a little tough but still delicious and flavorful. We had bananas foster for dessert which was also prepared tableside. Also a guitarist plays on Friday and Saturdays. Fun and delicious dinnerSpecial Features:
- Excellent FindSquirealDined on 10/12/2014Restaurant was close to hotel and only a few blocks from the art center of Santa Fe. On a highway but quiet within. Very good food. Would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Poor Service"juliedDined on 10/12/2014We arrived with reservations and were seated immediately (7pm). We gave our order and drink preferences about 10 minutes later. Wine came within 10 minutes. We waited until 7:45pm to receive our soups, which only arrived after stopping our waitress to remind her we had not received our soup. She was having a problem splitting checks for another table. I ordered the Beef Stroganov. It was very tasty with tender beef chunks. Generous portion. My husband ordered the fish special. It was not very good. Looked dry and overcooked. We would not recommend this dish. Dessert: Cheesecake with bacon and caramel topping. I had the bread pudding with an anglaise sauce. It was served cold. Prefer my bread pudding warm.Special Features:
- Mike4allMike4allVIPDined on 10/9/2014Very Excellent!!! Great food & Service. Chateaubriand for 2 was outstanding. Certainly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OaklandDined on 10/3/2014Had a lovely dinner here on our last night before returning to San Francisco area. Service started out odd but then our waiter warmed up And we ended up having a delightful time. Lamb steaks were excellent and save room for the fresh bread.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantDenverFoodieDined on 10/3/2014Great food, great service and nice atmosphere. This place should be on your list of restaurants to visit in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Delightful!2waltonsonthetownDined on 10/3/2014We loved D42. Everything. Hot, crusty,rustic bread, table side prepared Caesar salad . Wine list was good and we found a reasonable choice. Veal piccata. Ummm. The staff was friendly and engaging. The guitarist was wonderful and chatted with us. We could talk to each other easily and not have to shout. I'd recommend to couples and small groups for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PM60VIPDined on 10/1/2014Greeted very nicely by owner/hostess Appetizers excellent, main course fair at best....we both had the Filet and were disappointed. Service good, but no personality and was not overly welcoming. when we return to Santa Fe, we will probably dine elsewhere
- brought more friendsGoldiDined on 9/28/2014All was lovely but I was the only one who did not like my dinner; crab caprese. It was cold and mushy.Everyone else liked their meals. I would suggest not putting the cold mozzarella on the warm crab cake.Special Features:
- You will go more than onceFAROUKDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I already went twice. We are not from the area. We found it while we were walking. No restaurant could beat their Sunday special deal. 3 courses for $19.95. The kitchen seems doing a great job. Everything we had was delicious. We will be there with friends next Sunday. The service is excellent. I recommend D42 to anybody who loves food and ask for Safia. She knows her job.Special Features:
- Sunday night special is a real dealConnieVIPDined on 9/28/2014We took 6 people to dinner and the $19.95 special on Sunday nights makes this an affordable place to enjoy gourmet food and great service. Don't miss the table side prepared Caesar salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSantaFeRetireeDined on 9/28/2014We went for the Sunday night Prix Fixe dinner and was very pleasantly surprised. Soup, entree and dessert for $20. Good selection of entrees, chicken, meats and vegetarian. Some upcharges for lamb and steak but still very reasonable. Portions are good and the service is professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayWannabefoodieDined on 9/27/2014Me and my husband were celebrating his birthday & we were not disappointed. This was the busiest the restaurant has ever been so it was a little crowded. You've got to expect that though when word gets out about a place like Dinner for Two! The food, wine & service were excellent! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Dinner for Twofoodie924Dined on 9/27/2014The ambiance was wonderful and set our expectations high. We were so disappointed. Our server was scattered and forgetful. Brought another tables appetizer to us, forgot my husbands salad and then gave him a salad fork with his steak!!?? My Beef Stroganoff was tender and delicious, but hardly any noodles. My husband filet was mediocre. And the Salted Caramel Cheesecakes crust was soggy and the taste odd. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- viejotomDined on 9/24/2014Everything was very good, food, service. a good eveningSpecial Features:
- Delicious dinnereisiekDined on 9/21/2014We went on a Sunday night when the restaurant offers a Three course dinner for a very reasonable price. The soup was particularly good and there were plenty of choices for a main course to please everyone. The portions were generous.Special Features:
- sparkyDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went with our friends to celebrate my birthday. As usual, the food was incredible. They take a lot of pride in making and serving the BEST food possible. The ambiance was delightful--- really nice live guitar music playing in the background that did not make it difficult to have an intimate conversation with friends. My husband and friends had the wild salmon, which they absolutely loved, and I had the beef stroganoff, which was to die for! Very tender and delicious. These people really care about the food they make and serve you. It is my favorite place to go for a special occasion:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tilliphontDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I were visiting Santa Fe and a friend recommended D42 as a romantic outing. We were so pleased for with the dinner experience, we've been raving about it to all our friends at home. We had an excellent waiter who made some great choices for our wine; we're not big drinkers and so having one really good glass was really important. We went for the Chateaubriand, and it was a lovely "prepared at table" experience. Our only complaint was not with the restaurant itself - we were seated next to a gentleman who was a "Chatty Cathy", who talked loudly and effusively with the table next to him. I wish we had asked to have been moved to a different table. But other than that, we loved our night out! Great compliments all around!Special Features:
- A nice downtown restaurantSMVisitorpVIPDined on 9/13/2014Friendly staff, nice ambience, some excellent dishes, others just OK. It is pleasantly different from some shi shi places in the area.Special Features:
- FrogVIPDined on 9/12/2014New bar area with smaller bites as well as New Mexico microbrews on tap---nice addition.Special Features:
- D42SoxyladyDined on 9/10/2014Great service, good food at a reasonable price! Table side Ceasar salad with farm fresh eggs and homemade croutons was delicious.Special Features:
- Maybe an off eveningDiscriminatingTasteDined on 9/7/2014Waiter was indifferent and from the moment we sat down appeared anxious for us to leave. How can service be poor when there are only eight people in the restaurant? Ran out of all seafood dishes and offered a substitute which was popcorn shrimp - just like the kind you get from Popeyes. Chicken was drowning in a bland brown sauce. Over five days, have eaten in some wonderful Santa Fe restaurants. This was not among them.
- Client loved it and so did IImpressmeDined on 9/7/2014The service was impeccable and the menu imaginative. I selected it for a business dinner with a client and colleague. The client enjoyed it so much they went back the following night! I would definitely go back. We especially enjoyed the squash blossom appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We celebrate special occasions at Dinner for Two and are always pleased and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceSEB1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Nice little spot with reasonable prices, and good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.