Dinner for Two
106 N. Guadalupe St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Dinner for Two
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerfortwonm.com/
- Phone: 5058202075x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Barnes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering is always a favorite. We meet your highest expectations and the price point that you require. A wide variety of choices to make all your party members happy.
- Private Party Facilities: We have three rooms of varying sizes so you can have a private party for twenty or a romantic dinner for two.
- Private Party Contact: Pam Barnes 5058202075x
- Entertainment: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings we have classical guitar. Our music accompanies dinner & conversation.
- Special Events: New Year's Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Mother's Day
- Cross Street: W San Francisco St.
- Public Transit: Dinner for Two is four blocks from the train station; And on the walking path to the Plaza along Guadalupe and San Fransisco Streets.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 6 spots at the front entrance, as well as a private lot "Jefferson Place" 50 feet west on W. San Fransisco Street.
A word from Dinner for Two
Dinner for Two is a family owned restaurant that has a comfortable, intimate atmosphere for parties large or small. Our local 'regulars' call us "a great value in fine dining". Multi-award winning: including Wine Spectator and "top 10 in southwest" We are happy to host dinners for organizations, or private celebrations from 2 to 60, everything is made in-house so special diets are easily accommodated: allergies, gluten free, etc.Continued
"Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
"Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Dinner for Two - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Dinner for Two reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)romantic (66)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (37)good for groups (8)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- dinner for twolovelyritaVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I had dinner at this cute little restaurant on a Friday evening. It was not very busy, maybe half full but we ate very early. All of our food was prepared tableside which was a lot of fun. Our great waiter Tom was so attentive and friendly he added to our great experience. We started with a Caesar salad for two which was prepared completely tableside and it was the best we have had in many years. We followed with chateaubriand for two, have not seen this dish on a menu for sev yrs, prepared tableside. The steak was a little tough but still delicious and flavorful. We had bananas foster for dessert which was also prepared tableside. Also a guitarist plays on Friday and Saturdays. Fun and delicious dinnerSpecial Features:
- Excellent FindSquirealDined on 10/12/2014Restaurant was close to hotel and only a few blocks from the art center of Santa Fe. On a highway but quiet within. Very good food. Would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Poor Service"juliedDined on 10/12/2014We arrived with reservations and were seated immediately (7pm). We gave our order and drink preferences about 10 minutes later. Wine came within 10 minutes. We waited until 7:45pm to receive our soups, which only arrived after stopping our waitress to remind her we had not received our soup. She was having a problem splitting checks for another table. I ordered the Beef Stroganov. It was very tasty with tender beef chunks. Generous portion. My husband ordered the fish special. It was not very good. Looked dry and overcooked. We would not recommend this dish. Dessert: Cheesecake with bacon and caramel topping. I had the bread pudding with an anglaise sauce. It was served cold. Prefer my bread pudding warm.Special Features:
- Mike4allMike4allVIPDined on 10/9/2014Very Excellent!!! Great food & Service. Chateaubriand for 2 was outstanding. Certainly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OaklandDined on 10/3/2014Had a lovely dinner here on our last night before returning to San Francisco area. Service started out odd but then our waiter warmed up And we ended up having a delightful time. Lamb steaks were excellent and save room for the fresh bread.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantDenverFoodieDined on 10/3/2014Great food, great service and nice atmosphere. This place should be on your list of restaurants to visit in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Delightful!2waltonsonthetownDined on 10/3/2014We loved D42. Everything. Hot, crusty,rustic bread, table side prepared Caesar salad . Wine list was good and we found a reasonable choice. Veal piccata. Ummm. The staff was friendly and engaging. The guitarist was wonderful and chatted with us. We could talk to each other easily and not have to shout. I'd recommend to couples and small groups for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PM60VIPDined on 10/1/2014Greeted very nicely by owner/hostess Appetizers excellent, main course fair at best....we both had the Filet and were disappointed. Service good, but no personality and was not overly welcoming. when we return to Santa Fe, we will probably dine elsewhere
- brought more friendsGoldiDined on 9/28/2014All was lovely but I was the only one who did not like my dinner; crab caprese. It was cold and mushy.Everyone else liked their meals. I would suggest not putting the cold mozzarella on the warm crab cake.Special Features:
- You will go more than onceFAROUKDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I already went twice. We are not from the area. We found it while we were walking. No restaurant could beat their Sunday special deal. 3 courses for $19.95. The kitchen seems doing a great job. Everything we had was delicious. We will be there with friends next Sunday. The service is excellent. I recommend D42 to anybody who loves food and ask for Safia. She knows her job.Special Features:
- Sunday night special is a real dealConnieVIPDined on 9/28/2014We took 6 people to dinner and the $19.95 special on Sunday nights makes this an affordable place to enjoy gourmet food and great service. Don't miss the table side prepared Caesar salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSantaFeRetireeDined on 9/28/2014We went for the Sunday night Prix Fixe dinner and was very pleasantly surprised. Soup, entree and dessert for $20. Good selection of entrees, chicken, meats and vegetarian. Some upcharges for lamb and steak but still very reasonable. Portions are good and the service is professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayWannabefoodieDined on 9/27/2014Me and my husband were celebrating his birthday & we were not disappointed. This was the busiest the restaurant has ever been so it was a little crowded. You've got to expect that though when word gets out about a place like Dinner for Two! The food, wine & service were excellent! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Dinner for Twofoodie924Dined on 9/27/2014The ambiance was wonderful and set our expectations high. We were so disappointed. Our server was scattered and forgetful. Brought another tables appetizer to us, forgot my husbands salad and then gave him a salad fork with his steak!!?? My Beef Stroganoff was tender and delicious, but hardly any noodles. My husband filet was mediocre. And the Salted Caramel Cheesecakes crust was soggy and the taste odd. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- viejotomDined on 9/24/2014Everything was very good, food, service. a good eveningSpecial Features:
- Delicious dinnereisiekDined on 9/21/2014We went on a Sunday night when the restaurant offers a Three course dinner for a very reasonable price. The soup was particularly good and there were plenty of choices for a main course to please everyone. The portions were generous.Special Features:
- sparkyDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went with our friends to celebrate my birthday. As usual, the food was incredible. They take a lot of pride in making and serving the BEST food possible. The ambiance was delightful--- really nice live guitar music playing in the background that did not make it difficult to have an intimate conversation with friends. My husband and friends had the wild salmon, which they absolutely loved, and I had the beef stroganoff, which was to die for! Very tender and delicious. These people really care about the food they make and serve you. It is my favorite place to go for a special occasion:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tilliphontDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I were visiting Santa Fe and a friend recommended D42 as a romantic outing. We were so pleased for with the dinner experience, we've been raving about it to all our friends at home. We had an excellent waiter who made some great choices for our wine; we're not big drinkers and so having one really good glass was really important. We went for the Chateaubriand, and it was a lovely "prepared at table" experience. Our only complaint was not with the restaurant itself - we were seated next to a gentleman who was a "Chatty Cathy", who talked loudly and effusively with the table next to him. I wish we had asked to have been moved to a different table. But other than that, we loved our night out! Great compliments all around!Special Features:
- A nice downtown restaurantSMVisitorpVIPDined on 9/13/2014Friendly staff, nice ambience, some excellent dishes, others just OK. It is pleasantly different from some shi shi places in the area.Special Features:
- FrogVIPDined on 9/12/2014New bar area with smaller bites as well as New Mexico microbrews on tap---nice addition.Special Features:
- D42SoxyladyDined on 9/10/2014Great service, good food at a reasonable price! Table side Ceasar salad with farm fresh eggs and homemade croutons was delicious.Special Features:
- Maybe an off eveningDiscriminatingTasteDined on 9/7/2014Waiter was indifferent and from the moment we sat down appeared anxious for us to leave. How can service be poor when there are only eight people in the restaurant? Ran out of all seafood dishes and offered a substitute which was popcorn shrimp - just like the kind you get from Popeyes. Chicken was drowning in a bland brown sauce. Over five days, have eaten in some wonderful Santa Fe restaurants. This was not among them.
- Client loved it and so did IImpressmeDined on 9/7/2014The service was impeccable and the menu imaginative. I selected it for a business dinner with a client and colleague. The client enjoyed it so much they went back the following night! I would definitely go back. We especially enjoyed the squash blossom appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We celebrate special occasions at Dinner for Two and are always pleased and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceSEB1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Nice little spot with reasonable prices, and good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfuldcfoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have dined several times at this restaurant and find it reliably delicious. The portions are a bit larger than we like, but that makes for excellent leftovers. My husband selected the prime rib, a beautiful cut and perfectly prepared medium. The house made onion bread was a scrumptious accompaniment. I had the potage, a very flavorful bean and basil stew with fresh mozzarella, and a side of the snap peas. We were too full for dessert but there were several tempting choices that night. Our server, Louise, was superb. She was friendly but also very professional. We got to observe a table side preparation of the house Caesar salad and were amazed at the detailed and labor intensive ritual (looked delicious, too!)Special Features:
- a fan of great foodEmsfDined on 8/25/2014A restaurant where someone knows how to cook! Very fresh, beautifully prepared. The best bread I've eaten -- anywhere in the world. All courses are imaginative and outshine the most expensive local restaurants. Wine list has great variety and includes excellent affordable selections. Highly recommended -- a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not pass...SFSkipperDined on 8/25/2014We have driven past many, many times saying we need to try it. Well finally... Well worth the trip. Friendly service, great food. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palate Pleasingluv2eatoutDined on 8/22/2014I have eaten many times at Dinner For Two, but this meal was the best I've ever had. We only ordered appetizers, soup, salad and dessert. Every mouthful was a delight to my taste buds. And an added benefit was being able to carry on a conversation with others. Quiet guitar music made for a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- A real findwhimDined on 8/22/2014Our first time here. Will be a favorite for special occasion and to take guestsSpecial Features:
- Overall a great little restaurantVahlDined on 8/21/2014The squash blossom appetizer was perfect and locally grown. Fried chicken app was also yummy. The fish combo was good but not over the top delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe GemHeymrd1313Dined on 8/20/2014This unique, intimate restaurant has so many delicious treats that it is hard to name just a few. I had the cherry soup (cold) that was wonderful. My husband liked the taste of his French Onion soup and thought the presentation was unique The table bread has the lightest crust and texture I have ever experienced. The main course was veal in a marvelous Marsala sauce and my husband had a Filet Mignon which was very flavorful. The restaurant is a family-owned business with Mom seating everyone and making all deserts, Dad makes that delicious bread and the Son is a gourmet, up-and-coming chef. If you are in the area, this is a gem you shouldn't miss. It is small but well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Warm, friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Dinner for Two is our favorite for special occasion dining! This is a friendly and warm restaurant, with a staff that is attentive but not intrusive. Our meal was excellent, as always; the chilled cherry ginger soup was a refreshing opener, and the sorbet a perfect finish to a delectable meal. Love the Caesar salad prepared tableside! The popular Sunday evening special is a plus, offering a three-course gourmet meal for just $19.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D42nordicaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Go and enjoy the new 'bar menu'. Not a 'fancy' Plaza place but great heartfelt local cooking. We will be back next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a surpriseBrantDined on 8/17/2014we went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friends because it had a $19 Sunday prefix menu. We left this restaurant marveling at the quality of the food created by Clay the chef and the lovely music, service and atmosphere. Clay was overwhelmed with work the evening we dined there, and still maintained great balance and friendliness to customers. the guitarist was excellent, and responded to our love of the great Ruben Romero with renditions of famous nuevo flamenco songs. This place certainly provides quality for the money, and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second timeEatamustDined on 8/15/2014This was the second time I have eaten at Dinner for Two. Both times have been incredible. The food never disappoints, this time I had the French crisped chicken breast was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy squash blossomsAdams4422VIPDined on 8/15/2014The squash blossoms filled with boursin cheese were amazing. The overall food quality was excellent ~ we are sure to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousRCJ1Dined on 8/15/2014Simply Marvelous - Extraordinary from the atmosphere and ambiance to the service and the food, everything was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disguised gemNWdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Can't judge this restaurant by its shell. Friendly and attentive staff. Great service, wonderful food at reasonable price and only a block from old town . Good knowledge of wine. Great flavora. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSantaFeFoodieDined on 8/14/2014We had a sublime dining experience in July 2013. Could hardly wait to get back there this year. It was Thursday, Prime Rib night. I love Prime Rib. My husband had Veal Picatta which was good. The wine recommendation was great. I ordered the Prime Rib, Medium Rare. It came out way overcooked, (well done) and was stringy and tough. The waiter took it back and brought me another piece which was medium, but it was still stringy and not at all tender like prime rib should be. The vegetables were perfect. Potato's good too. Based on our experience this year we have crossed Dinner for Two off our list when we are in Santa Fe.Special Features: