Dinner for Two
106 N. Guadalupe St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Dinner for Two
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerfortwonm.com/
- Phone: 5058202075x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Andy Barnes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering is always a favorite. We meet your highest expectations and the price point that you require. A wide variety of choices to make all your party members happy.
- Private Party Facilities: We have three rooms of varying sizes so you can have a private party for twenty or a romantic dinner for two.
- Private Party Contact: Pam Barnes 5058202075x
- Entertainment: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings we have classical guitar. Our music accompanies dinner & conversation.
- Special Events: New Year's Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Mother's Day
- Cross Street: W San Francisco St.
- Public Transit: Dinner for Two is four blocks from the train station; And on the walking path to the Plaza along Guadalupe and San Fransisco Streets.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 6 spots at the front entrance, as well as a private lot "Jefferson Place" 50 feet west on W. San Fransisco Street.
A word from Dinner for Two
Dinner for Two is a family owned restaurant that has a comfortable, intimate atmosphere for parties large or small. Our local 'regulars' call us "a great value in fine dining". Multi-award winning: including Wine Spectator and "top 10 in southwest" We are happy to host dinners for organizations, or private celebrations from 2 to 60, everything is made in-house so special diets are easily accommodated: allergies, gluten free, etc.Continued
"Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
"Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Dinner for Two - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Dinner for Two reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (59)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (36)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- sparkyDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went with our friends to celebrate my birthday. As usual, the food was incredible. They take a lot of pride in making and serving the BEST food possible. The ambiance was delightful--- really nice live guitar music playing in the background that did not make it difficult to have an intimate conversation with friends. My husband and friends had the wild salmon, which they absolutely loved, and I had the beef stroganoff, which was to die for! Very tender and delicious. These people really care about the food they make and serve you. It is my favorite place to go for a special occasion:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice downtown restaurantSMVisitorpVIPDined on 9/13/2014Friendly staff, nice ambience, some excellent dishes, others just OK. It is pleasantly different from some shi shi places in the area.Special Features:
- FrogVIPDined on 9/12/2014New bar area with smaller bites as well as New Mexico microbrews on tap---nice addition.Special Features:
- D42SoxyladyDined on 9/10/2014Great service, good food at a reasonable price! Table side Ceasar salad with farm fresh eggs and homemade croutons was delicious.Special Features:
- Maybe an off eveningDiscriminatingTasteDined on 9/7/2014Waiter was indifferent and from the moment we sat down appeared anxious for us to leave. How can service be poor when there are only eight people in the restaurant? Ran out of all seafood dishes and offered a substitute which was popcorn shrimp - just like the kind you get from Popeyes. Chicken was drowning in a bland brown sauce. Over five days, have eaten in some wonderful Santa Fe restaurants. This was not among them.
- Client loved it and so did IImpressmeDined on 9/7/2014The service was impeccable and the menu imaginative. I selected it for a business dinner with a client and colleague. The client enjoyed it so much they went back the following night! I would definitely go back. We especially enjoyed the squash blossom appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We celebrate special occasions at Dinner for Two and are always pleased and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceSEB1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Nice little spot with reasonable prices, and good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfuldcfoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have dined several times at this restaurant and find it reliably delicious. The portions are a bit larger than we like, but that makes for excellent leftovers. My husband selected the prime rib, a beautiful cut and perfectly prepared medium. The house made onion bread was a scrumptious accompaniment. I had the potage, a very flavorful bean and basil stew with fresh mozzarella, and a side of the snap peas. We were too full for dessert but there were several tempting choices that night. Our server, Louise, was superb. She was friendly but also very professional. We got to observe a table side preparation of the house Caesar salad and were amazed at the detailed and labor intensive ritual (looked delicious, too!)Special Features:
- a fan of great foodEmsfDined on 8/25/2014A restaurant where someone knows how to cook! Very fresh, beautifully prepared. The best bread I've eaten -- anywhere in the world. All courses are imaginative and outshine the most expensive local restaurants. Wine list has great variety and includes excellent affordable selections. Highly recommended -- a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not pass...SFSkipperDined on 8/25/2014We have driven past many, many times saying we need to try it. Well finally... Well worth the trip. Friendly service, great food. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palate Pleasingluv2eatoutDined on 8/22/2014I have eaten many times at Dinner For Two, but this meal was the best I've ever had. We only ordered appetizers, soup, salad and dessert. Every mouthful was a delight to my taste buds. And an added benefit was being able to carry on a conversation with others. Quiet guitar music made for a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- A real findwhimDined on 8/22/2014Our first time here. Will be a favorite for special occasion and to take guestsSpecial Features:
- Overall a great little restaurantVahlDined on 8/21/2014The squash blossom appetizer was perfect and locally grown. Fried chicken app was also yummy. The fish combo was good but not over the top delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe GemHeymrd1313Dined on 8/20/2014This unique, intimate restaurant has so many delicious treats that it is hard to name just a few. I had the cherry soup (cold) that was wonderful. My husband liked the taste of his French Onion soup and thought the presentation was unique The table bread has the lightest crust and texture I have ever experienced. The main course was veal in a marvelous Marsala sauce and my husband had a Filet Mignon which was very flavorful. The restaurant is a family-owned business with Mom seating everyone and making all deserts, Dad makes that delicious bread and the Son is a gourmet, up-and-coming chef. If you are in the area, this is a gem you shouldn't miss. It is small but well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Warm, friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Dinner for Two is our favorite for special occasion dining! This is a friendly and warm restaurant, with a staff that is attentive but not intrusive. Our meal was excellent, as always; the chilled cherry ginger soup was a refreshing opener, and the sorbet a perfect finish to a delectable meal. Love the Caesar salad prepared tableside! The popular Sunday evening special is a plus, offering a three-course gourmet meal for just $19.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D42nordicaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Go and enjoy the new 'bar menu'. Not a 'fancy' Plaza place but great heartfelt local cooking. We will be back next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a surpriseBrantDined on 8/17/2014we went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friends because it had a $19 Sunday prefix menu. We left this restaurant marveling at the quality of the food created by Clay the chef and the lovely music, service and atmosphere. Clay was overwhelmed with work the evening we dined there, and still maintained great balance and friendliness to customers. the guitarist was excellent, and responded to our love of the great Ruben Romero with renditions of famous nuevo flamenco songs. This place certainly provides quality for the money, and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second timeEatamustDined on 8/15/2014This was the second time I have eaten at Dinner for Two. Both times have been incredible. The food never disappoints, this time I had the French crisped chicken breast was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy squash blossomsAdams4422VIPDined on 8/15/2014The squash blossoms filled with boursin cheese were amazing. The overall food quality was excellent ~ we are sure to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousRCJ1Dined on 8/15/2014Simply Marvelous - Extraordinary from the atmosphere and ambiance to the service and the food, everything was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disguised gemNWdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Can't judge this restaurant by its shell. Friendly and attentive staff. Great service, wonderful food at reasonable price and only a block from old town . Good knowledge of wine. Great flavora. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSantaFeFoodieDined on 8/14/2014We had a sublime dining experience in July 2013. Could hardly wait to get back there this year. It was Thursday, Prime Rib night. I love Prime Rib. My husband had Veal Picatta which was good. The wine recommendation was great. I ordered the Prime Rib, Medium Rare. It came out way overcooked, (well done) and was stringy and tough. The waiter took it back and brought me another piece which was medium, but it was still stringy and not at all tender like prime rib should be. The vegetables were perfect. Potato's good too. Based on our experience this year we have crossed Dinner for Two off our list when we are in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- A great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014As Londoners, new to Santa Fe, we were lucky to be recommended to try Dinner for Two by our driver. From the time we arrived to a warm welcome, the service was outstanding and the food matched it. Managing to fit in a second visit during our short stay, we were astonished to find the Sunday Special menu at only $19 - amazing value. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for Two a Santa Fe gemAustummyDined on 8/3/2014How could I have waited so long to try this incredible place! The 3-course $19. Sunday dinner is a steal, but the the regular nightly menu is also quite reasonable. The gifted guitarist on the weekends is an added treat. Great food, great staff, great choice-go!Special Features:
- Perfect!GururuVIPDined on 8/3/2014Four of us celebrated a birthday at Dinner for Two on a Sunday. We'd forgotten that on Sunday evenings they offer a $19 flat rate that includes choice of 2 soups, an entree and dessert. Three of us had a creamy mushroom soup that all agreed was wonderful. One had a cold cherry-ginger soup that was superb. Each of us had a different entree and there were plenty of "ummmm" and "oohhhh" sounds as we thoroughly enjoyed them. To top it off, free live classical guitar musical. We're long-time locals (35 years) and have been eating at Dinner for Two since they opened 13 years ago. It has a classy atmosphere and everything is cooked or baked by the family who owns it. We'll keep going back.Special Features:
- Family owned; flavorful menuFoodie4lifeDined on 8/1/2014The NM Lamb appetizer is a must! The menu was fresh, tasteful, and mostly locally grown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemGeetaDined on 8/1/2014Dinner for two was a real surprise for us. Nice ambience, great staff, soothing guitar music, and outstanding food. Very acomodating to a family members' allergies. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Thoughtless seatingpounce44Dined on 7/31/2014Chose this place for our 21st anniversary dinner. The individual seating us knew this in advance and asked our preference in seating, and even suggested an out-of-the-way spot that would be quiet and romantic. Then, 15 minutes later, she proceeded to seat a table of four (what happened to "Dinner for Two"?) loud out-of-staters right next to us who proceeded to talk and laugh so loudly that we could hardly concentrate on what we were eating, much less enjoy a quiet conversation. We hurried through our meal and didn't stay for dessert as we had intended since we knew we'd be unable to enjoy it. The restaurant was far from full that night so there was no need for this situation.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We went to Dinner for Two before attending the SFe Opera. We had excellent service (we let the server know we needed to leave by a particular time) but never felt rushed. Our server went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly. What a great date place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable cooking at reasonable $nordicaVIPDined on 7/27/2014A great easy-on-the-wallet option in downtown Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New discoveryyummygoodDined on 7/23/2014Dear friends that come to Santa Fe often recommend our trying this restaurant. What a treat! The service, food, and ambience were first class. The Caesar salad prepared expertly at our table was the best. We loved the family run affair! it showed. We will recommend and return. Thank you for a lovely evening. K, J, and E from TexasSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Find in Santa FePatti09Dined on 7/20/2014This was our first time to try Dinner for Two. It was a Sunday night with a special Sunday night menu. The food was well prepared and very good and such a good bargain. I would highly recommend it. The service was excellent. There was live music, classical Spanish guitar. Overall the experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always love this restaurant.GoldiDined on 7/20/2014I took a friend to this restaurant and she had never been there before. She will return again. Great food, great prices too.Special Features:
- Best Food on our 10-day TripS4decoratingDined on 7/18/2014We picked out this restaurant from home (Connecticut) and were rewarded beyond our expectations. Perfectly calibrated service, wonderful food and such a cozy atmosphere. The live classical guitar music was an added bonus. Talked to a local regular customer while we were visiting. He said he is a once-a-week customer. I could see, if you like eating out weekly, that it would be hard to not try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supportlocalDined on 7/16/2014Service was attentive but not intruding. The table service caesar salad was excellent, with fresh ingredients in just the right amount of seasonings. The restaurant practices farm to table to farm: most of the ingredients are locally grown; food waste is sent back to the farm to feed the chickens; used oil is picked up to be processed into biofuels.Special Features:
- Delightful SurprisePamellDined on 7/14/2014D42 is an unassuming place - you may even miss it if you didn't know it was there. But once inside, everyone made us feel welcome and glad we chose this place for dinner. Our meal started with the homemade hot bread which was scrumptious! We were lucky enough to be there on a day when they were testing a new appetizer of "lamb balls" (aka lamb sliders) and they were really, really tasty - if they show up on the menu, we highly recommend them. The table side Ceasar salad was very good & quite large. We both had the beef tenderloin; it was cooked to perfection and was delicious. The snap peas were so fresh and sweet. We wanted to try the banana fosters but were too stuffed! Fantastic wine list & knowledgable staff. Great find!Special Features:
- Sunday Supp'nordicaVIPDined on 7/13/2014A comfortable and relaxing place for Sunday dinner. Good food well prepared, if not trendy, and a great 3 course prix fix at $19 on Sunday. Always a wine special too for $25. Apparently there are plans to renovate the bar area soon so we look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Santa Fe Findtable88Dined on 7/12/2014Even though Dinner for Two is only a few blocks off the main square in Santa Fe the restaurant is mostly frequented by locals which was a plus for us as we like to avoid touristy crowds. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. When our 10 year old daughter said with glee that she wanted steak our waitress told us that the chef could make her a small steak if she'd like. It was nice to know that they include children and made us feel more welcome. Everything we ate from the steak, which was cooked perfectly to the veal marsala to my fish and our bananas foster was delicious. Next time I'm trying the duck confit tacos!Special Features:
- Great dinnerNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our first experience was great - food, service, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.