Dining on the 5th
111 S Chelsea Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dining on the 5th
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thechelsea-ac.com/diningonthefifth.php
- Phone: 6094284545x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Fridays & Saturdays: 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jaime Quintana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live DJ playing upbeat dinner music every Friday and Saturday night from 7pm to 10pm. Dance area in front of DJ.
- Special Events: For parties of 30 and more, pls contact our Sales team:
A word from Dining on the 5th
The Chelsea's 5th floor is an upscale restaurant and high energy lounge experience that features food, beverage and entertainment options. Win Prizes at our "Get Ready to Get Lucky!" Happy Hour from 4-6pm every Friday & SaturdayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Dining on the 5th - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Dining on the 5th reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (20)scenic view (18)special occasion (15)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect Place for a Birthday DinnerBlonde87Dined on 9/27/2014Lovely place, delicious food, great service!!! I had my birthday party for four people over there and it a perfect choice. There was not many people, so it was not noisy, and at the same there was some other birthdays parties. The staff was very nice and helpful in choices of food and wine.There is a perfect ocean view!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding service the bestlongport2Dined on 9/20/2014The view of the ocean was great you can see it from any table. The service was great and decor the bestSpecial Features:
- Excellent!LindaDined on 8/30/2014we have been to this restaurant many many times and continue to return. although the menu is small the food is consistently outstanding. everything and I mean everything on the menu is worth while ordering over and over and over again. And the view is spectacular. I only wish they were open more than weekends! this is a hidden charm that should not be overlookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A great experiencemskjDined on 8/16/2014A family of 8 was celebrating 2 birthdays and 2 Anniversaries and had a very basic meal, with very moderate service. They were really under staffed and the service was slow. The food was only fair for the price, No sauce, No garnish. Like eating Vanilla ice cream. No reason to return or recommend. very disappointed as a local that picked a place for an occasion.
- Great view, that's about it.Jf511Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was advertised as having a DJ and giveaways with a party atmosphere in the dining area. It looks from the website like a great place to eat, then enjoy nightlife.That was not the case. I asked our waitress about the discrepency and she told us that the hotel stopped doing a few months ago because things were getting out of control.The food choices were limited. As an app we ordered the mac n cheese. It was served in a copper measuring cup, greasy and garlicky. We both ordered the Filet Mignon medium. One was over cooked. It was served with 3 spoonfuls of mashed potatoes that were slathered in garlic and butter. Cocktails were watery, we ordered a side of vodka to add to the lemon drop martini. View of the ocean was nice.
- GreatLiz133Dined on 7/25/2014Went with a group of friends, food was amazing and affordable. Will go again n againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The previous reviews I read about Dining on the 5th were spot on. The look and feel of restaurant is very appealing with views of the ocean and throwback decor but that is probably the best part of the experience. The food wasn't bad but wasn't anything special. We had the crab cakes and lamb sliders for appetizers and shrimp scampi and the ny strip for our main course. The appetizers were good, but our main courses seemed to come out with no flavor. Unfortunately the service was lacking. We had to wait 10 -15 minutes anytime we wanted our drinks refilled and our plates sat on the table for a good 20 minutes after we finished eating each course. I would probably go back for the ambiance, but would just sit at the bar area.Special Features:
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We made a reservation and table was not ready when we arrived. Didn't take long to set it up though, so our party was fine with it. Service was slow. Ordered a bottle of wine to start which did not arrive for maybe 20 min. Food was good, but not amazing. Portion sizes were on the small side. Would still go again because of ambiance - not sure if we just came on an "off night".
- Beautiful location, but odd crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2014We dined here when it was under another name and had a good experience. There were only a few other tables of guests when we arrived for dinner on a beautiful Saturday in the summer. The restaurant remained empty, but then then hostess sat a family of 6 (all kids under 5) next to us. We were out with another couple and were perplexed by the choice to sit this young family nearby. The atmosphere was great with the ocean view. The food was good, but not excellent. Someone needs to do some serious marketing if this restaurant is going to survive. It has great potential.Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Dining on the 5th reviews archive.
- Classy JointMmmMmmGoodDined on 6/21/2014We went as a group of eight for a bachelorette party. We couldn't have been happier with the decision to eat at Dining on the 5th. The size of the restaurant was nice: small enough that we felt like a special group in the midst of several smaller groups of diners. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were perfect. Prices were nothing outside the range that we expected for a nice restaurant. Our bachelorette was looking for something classy, but not too stuffy. That's exactly how it was. Our only complaint throughout the entire night (and we did spend several hours there, which was nice to not be rushed out!) was that the DJ could have been a tad more energetic. He was extremely bored. Overall, our experience was amazing, though!Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food and drink very much.Special Features:
- Great food - great servicelschill12Dined on 5/31/2014Great food - great service - even better views! We had a lovely time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view;not so nice food& serviceKatieDined on 5/25/2014The view is nice but that was the only impressive part of this dining experience. The service wasn't great; the server didn't refill our water and he didn't know much about the menu. The food was ok, but nothing special. You can eat somewhere nicer for the same price. This place would be better for happy hour than dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014The service was not that great. We had to wait to be seated even though we had made a reservation. The not so friendly hostess directed us to the bar while we waited for our table. However, the food made up for the service. I ordered the cut pork shop and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful romantic viewMantillaDined on 5/24/2014Food amazing! Get the Mac and cheese! Friendly staff! The only down side was the interior needs upkeep. Peeling paint on ceiling. Overall greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Romanticehouser829Dined on 5/16/2014My husband and I went there for our 5 year Wedding Anniversary. We were greeted with a glass of champagne to celebrate! The service was spectacular. The view from our table was breath-taking. We couldn't have had a better experience. Truly a gem! We stayed at the Chelsea overnight and everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Delicious MealNicoleDined on 5/3/2014Dining on the Fifth was the perfect place for us to eat before going out for our bachelorette party. We stayed at The Chelsea and Dining on the Fifth was perfectly convenient. We didn't realize how delicious the food would be or how incredible the view would be though! It exceeded our expectations and I would absolutely recommend, especially if you are staying at The Chelsea!Special Features:
- Dinner at dining on the 5thJenilynneDined on 4/5/2014Dinner at dining on the 5th was a lot of fun!!! I love the atmosphere we also loved the DJ they had during dinner, it made our dinner fun instead of quiet and boring!! I was running a little late the restaurant had called my cell phone to make sure we were still coming and had a table all ready for us. Everyone was warm and friendly, the food was delicious and the wait staff was attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family and would return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early dinnerjamesderoachDined on 3/28/2014So we made reservations for 5:45. Happy hour is from 4-6 and there is a DJ on at 6 so after 6 it gets a little noisy and people are normally louder by that time. So if you are looking for a elegant quiet place to eat, get there at 4 when there isn't a DJ and people aren't intoxicated as much. Other than that, the food was nice, quite pricey but had healthy proportions. View is nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner...yumm.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Was very good, boyfriend and I went for our 4 year anniversary. We were very pleased, It was definitely a good pick. Appetizer and drinks were awesome, we ordered the coconut shrimp, sangria and jack&ginger. My boyfriend got the filet mignon and I got the pistachio crusted ahi tuna. I had never been asked how I wanted my fish cooked before so when I got it because of how I ordered it, the dish was still raw so I had to send it back to get cooked more. But overall everything was amazing. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- unsure what to expectClaudiaDined on 3/15/2014Being new to the hotel and restaurant I had no idea what to expect. The service was great, the music and energy lively and the food was excellent!! Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Amazing!!ChrisBrunerVIPDined on 3/1/2014Can not say enough positive things about the dining experience. Everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!JWagDined on 2/16/2014We booked this restaurant blindly not knowing anything about it other than their menu lookd good and was fairly priced. However upon our arrival and sitting down, we knew we had booked a FANTASTIC spot! The view of the ocean is gorgeous. The decor inside was very elegant and made it feel like a special evening dining out. The staff was extremely friendly and the food was melt in your mouth good! This restaurant is definitely worth checking out whether you're looking for a nice evening out or just looking for a good place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanceJuniorDined on 2/16/2014Very romantic and elegant. Crab cakes were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayJennDined on 2/14/2014What was once Chelsea Prime, Dining on the 5th is like its ugly step child. While the dinner was decent, the atmosphere was very eclectic and strange. The service was fine once our table was assigned to someone, but this place has gone rapidly downhill in my view. What a shame because this could be a true gem like it once was about 5-6 years ago. I won't be going back anytime soon.
- Service was slow! I got myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Service was slow! I got my appetizer before my drinks. Slow...When my wife ordered her 2nd drink, it came 15 minutes later after we reminded the waitress. I also got my steak knife after I eaten 1/2 my food. It was Valentine's day but it wasnt that busy. Need to up their game if it wants to compare to Chelsea Prime. Also Regular Menu is small!
- Back againRichieCDined on 2/14/2014First time back since the change from Chelsea Prime. Pleasantly surprised. Food just as good. Service way better. And price was awesome. We will be back again. Great Valentine's Day dinner. Ty!Special Features:
- We were there for our 6thOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/1/2014We were there for our 6th wedding anniversary. The staff and food satisfied us. We also enjoyed the DJ. I recommend this venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good food, quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2014Great view, good food, quiet and designed for romantic dinner, however, portions are small and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost GloryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013This used to be one of my favorite restaurants when it was Chelsea Prime. I am not even a meat eater but would make an exception once a year for Chelsea Prime. Now everything has changed. The food quality is abysmal, the menu is passé. My first glass of red wine was sherried. They had a DJ playing 80s top 40's which misses the point of the 40's and 50's art deco type theme they had. They had coconut shrimp on the menu for appetizers. I felt like i was at a cheap country club dinner meeting. Ugh, what a loss.Special Features:
- Nye dinner, wonderful!Dinnerspecial2niteDined on 12/31/2013Went for new years eve dinner. Wonderful service and quality of food. My steak was cooked to perfection. Definitely recommend for people looking for a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luxeAmarilisDined on 11/30/2013dinning on the 5th is beautiful, decor is amazing, the vibe is meloy the DJ was boring untill people begain to request music, the servie was nice, the hostes remembered me from the night before and was very atentive to my needs (i had weight lose surgery and cant eat more than 2oz at a time)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed123456VIPDined on 11/16/2013After reading the reviews, we decided to give this place a try for my birthday. We read the poor reviews but saw so many recent glowing reviews, we thought it was would be a great time. We were underwhelmed. The restaurant had potential, and the DJ added a nice touch, but overall it lacked ambience and the wow factor we were seeking. Food was good but not great. It was my birthday, a fact my husband pointed out twice, but the staff did nothing to recognize this. We didn't even get a lit candle on our table. I would not recommend it.
- We returned to the ChelseaBidlacksDined on 11/8/2013We returned to the Chelsea for our anniversary after having our wedding there a year ago. Not only did Megan and the staff remember us but they made us feel just as special as we did on our wedding day. We were greeted with smiles and congratulations on our anniversary, then complimentary champagne was brought to our table. Service was great and the food was delicious in large portions! As if that wasn't enough, for dessert we were presented with a delicious chocolate cake on a plate that had "Happy Anniversary Kristin & Bill" written on it in chocolate...It's details like that that make memories we will have forever. People are still constantly commenting on how great the Chelsea was for our wedding and now I have more to tell them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the FifthMonae610Dined on 10/11/2013I enjoyed my time at the resturant . The food was great, and the service was excellent . Can't wait to go back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and serviceapeach1532Dined on 10/11/2013Food was excellent and service was fast and friendly.... The DJ on Friday nights was a great touch!!! Went for my daughters 18th B*day dinner and it was a good choice on her part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantMaggieLDined on 10/10/2013This was actually the 3rd time my boyfriend and I have had dinner here and once again it didn't disappoint. This restaurant used to be a steak house before and while the food is not as upscale as the steak house was it's still very delicious and unlike the steakhouse you don't have to give up eating the rest of the week just to afford it. The staff is fun and energetic and there is no better view in AC. I highly recommend the pork tacos. The second time we were there they had a large bachelorette party in the private area which was great for couples like us who didn't want to be bothered with the noise. Tip: get there before 6pm and you can take advantage of the happy hour prices at your table before you order dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanside Gem!!SeafdqueenDined on 10/10/2013After a good recommendation, i took my boyfriend for his birthday. We had a wonderful experience! We first sat at the bar - happy hour too! ($6 cocktails!) and my boyfriend had a $4 beer! We decided to order an app at the bar since it was happy hour and got the tuna tartare. The tuna was excellent and had a great kick to it due to the jalepenos! We then went and sat down at a booth and the view of the ocean was beautiful! Our server was very helpful in giving recommendations. We ordered the crabcake app , and then I ordered the scallops and my boyfriend ordered the filet mignon, which were both cooked to perfection! Reasonably priced and a great experience! Being that we are local, we will definately be regulars at Dining on the 5th now!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome New RestaurantTrishDined on 10/10/2013A girlfriend & I had heard great things about this new restaurant & decided to check it out while in the city. We started by going to the bar for "happy hour". The bartender was so friendly & outgoing with the entire crowd hanging out around the bar. We both got "The Chelsea", their signature martinis, which are my new drink of choice! So good! When our reservation time rolled around, we sat down to a GORGEOUS view overlooking the ocean. We ordered a couple lite bites to share... the pork tacos, the crab cakes & coconut shrimp. Everything was so good we didn't even speak to each other while eating!! Thankfully our super sweet server brought some convo to our night haha, & the dj made for great ambience. LOVED everything & will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine at 5Lady7Dined on 9/28/2013We arrived about 10 minutes early for our reservation but were seated right away. The waitstaff was prompt in greeting us from our arrival to the finish of our meal. The drinks were delicious as was the rest of the meal. I had the crab cakes as a appetizer, NY strip as the entree with red bliss garlic mashed potatoes & finished up with coffee. The steak was perfectly broiled & seasoned & was done exactly medium rare as requested. The DJ was playing when we arrived, a classic R & B mix through out the meal at a volume that was perfect for the time & ambiance. I would recommend this restaurant for those who want to enjoy a great meal at a great place.Special Features: