1514 E. Olive Way
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinetteseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063282282x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Bar serves snacks until 11pm on weekends
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Melissa Nyffeler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Dinette
Dinette is a sweet, cozy neighborhood restaurant on Capitol Hill. The food is seasonally-driven & inspired by regional Italian, French and Spanish traditions. Known for our happy hour, assorted vegetable & meat small plates, seasonal toast selection and handmade ricotta gnocchi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dinette reviews from OpenTable diners
- It's usually more quiet thansplashjannaDined on 12/18/2013It's usually more quiet than this last time but, it's Christmas for God's sake! We had a blast. Very festive and wonderful. Can't wait to see where she is going to be moving to. I'll be one of the first to be there. JannaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinette never disappointspansyollieVIPDined on 12/17/2013From the "toasts" to their amazing bread pudding everything at Dinette is fantastic. Love the atmosphere too. We had a toast, an amazing (and I do mean amazing) arugula salad, gnocci, latkes, bread pudding and a nice bottle of syrah. We split everything and were pleasantly satisfied and our bill came to about $110. Not bad in Seattle with a bottle of wine and desert.Special Features:
- We always love to eat at dinette,cookieDined on 12/11/2013We always love to eat at dinette, changing menu items are how the restaurant keeps things fresh and interesting, the wine list is interesting reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Find it before it moves!Foodfan65Dined on 12/11/2013Dinette is such a magical little place. And the food matches the atmosphere. Sublime. Do yourself a favor and dine here while it's still at its current location. You won't be sorry.Special Features:
- First Time - ExcellentSamiazmachadoVIPDined on 12/10/2013I have always wanted to try this cute little spot. I pass it a lot while hanging out with friends in Capitol Hill. Truly a treasured treat. A friend, who have been here many times before, decided to come with me, since it had been a while for him. We had the parsnips latkes and medjool dates as appetizers. They were delicious. Great flavor, amazing taste and texture. He ordered the pork crepe dish which he devoured and thought it was fantastic. I had the duck dish, which was tasty and flavorful. I wanted to lick my plate. The wine selection was superb. I will truly be back again. thanks.Special Features:
- Dinette is a GemShannonDined on 12/7/2013Dinette is such a wonderful place! I'm happy to see that they seem to be holding strong. The location is quaint, the food is delicious and the service is always good. And great cocktails, too! I was too full for dessert, but it's been delicious on past visits. Dinette is a reliable great dining choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinette is a gemKh2013Dined on 11/23/2013I am always excited to see what's new at Dinette. The flavors are rich, balanced, interesting, and perfect for sharing. A group of 4 is the perfect size for an ideal culinary experience. Mostly, because any smaller and you don't get to try as many items as you should to experience the full spectrum of what Dinette has to offer. There's a little something for everyone. I love it here and will keep coming back, over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Find Your Reservation!BirthdayGirlDined on 11/21/2013When I arrived, the restaurant couldn't find my Open Table reservation and said they were full. I dug through my email to show it to them. My two friends had arrived before me and were seated which removed the reservation from their system. Rather than inquire if perhaps my other guests had arrived, they made me wait 15 minutes to decide whether I could be seated or not. NOT Good Customer Service! The hostess was stressed out, uncaring and unfriendly. When my friends called me to find out where I was, I had to show myself to the table. The hostess didn't even apologize for the snafu. Other than that, the food was delicious and came quickly. The wine list was very good and reasonably priced. Our server was professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLorenVIPDined on 11/15/2013We have dined many times at Dinette. The general ambience, food and service have remained consistently good. The menu stays streamlined and competitive with the many other dining establishments which have opened since Dinette first came on the scene. We do think to return to this mid size establishment for its location and atmosphere, however the bottom line is always the food preparation. In the case of Dinette the food preparation has remained innovative and memorable. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceScottbeeDined on 11/9/2013We had a relaxing dinner and the food was excellent. I would recommend Dinette to anyone who can take the time to relax and enjoy the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place. Ok service.SteveDined on 11/1/2013We had a good meal here. Interesting menu, real bistro food. Service wasn't the best. Our meals came out 19 minutes apart which was awkward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I finally ate here!cjamesyDined on 10/31/2013We were able to put together a vegetarian dinner without much problem. We had two tartines, both very good... my favorite was the one with the borlotti beans (which was surprising given that I don't normally like beans). The butter lettuce salad also was very good. The ricotta gnocchi was our vegetarian option for the entree, and it was good (although we both felt that it would have been better with a bit more seasoning... the gnocchi themselves were good but just a little bland). All in all I enjoyed our dinner very much. We'll definitely come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2013Dinette was recommended by a friend. We went on a quiet night with a Seahawk Monday night game and World Series game going on. The service and food was excellent. They had just had their 8th anniversary dinner the night before which says they have staying power. The 3 of us shared a Toast, a Snack, 3 Plates and 1 Desert for $100. Definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capitol Hill GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2013Our first time at this place and so happy we found it. We had the house made pickles, chicken tagine, beef burgundy and shared a roasted rapini. All were great, but we loved the rapini. It had goat cheese and nuts sprinkled in, which contrasted really well with the bitterness and crunch of the greens. It was a wow dish for us. All together it was fine dining with comfort food. We ended it with a half portion of a huge ice cream sandwich - green tea, chocolate and toasted sesame seeds. It was a perfect end to the meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Excellent!JohnCVIPDined on 10/24/2013Based on positive reviews, decided to give Dinette a try, parking challenges in that part of Capitol Hill notwithstanding. What a pleasant surprise and well worth the parking hassle. It wasn't just good, it was great!!! From the appetizers to the main course, everything was prepared simply, elegantly, and with just the right combination of flavors. The wine list was small but reasonably priced, and the burgundy we ordered would have been twice the price for that quality in some other restaurants. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Seattle CultureallyDined on 10/19/2013Artfully thoughtful local restaurant with lots of ambience. If you are tired of corporate chain restaurants this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful ExperienceSarahCDined on 10/16/2013My friend & I made a last-minute fun trip into Seattle. We were staying in the South Lake Union area, and after a long day of running around, we were looking for a decent evening meal (hopefully) in our neighborhood. Dinette was our perfect find....what a wonderful neighborhood gem! The ambience is relaxed and inviting, with intimate small tables, ambient lighting and a live piano music. Service was fantastic from the moment we walked in the door until the moment we left. The food is equally satisfying. We had several small plates; the Borlotti bean toast, roasted Medjool dates, and the pickle plate. We shared the evening special, Beef Burgundy, which was delicious. Everything at Dinette surpassed our expectations. A great experience!Special Features:
- Excellent & IntimateSteevDeejDined on 10/11/2013We typically only go there for special occasions. Guaranteed quality good & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cocktails and foodwayburnsDined on 10/11/2013great experience in all regards, had a cocktail with hefewiezen, gin, lemon and honey on the rocks, never would have thought of that but it was great. the creamy lemon dressing on the butter lettuce salad was perfect. shared ricotta gnocchi and penn cove mussels, delicate and rich flavors. great meal and will return.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013This restaurant has a wonderfully artful atmosphere. It is quaint and decorated in a manner that mixes the classiness of antiques with a vibrant modern palate. The service was warm, friendly and helpful. The food was served beautifully on an eclectic array of uniquely pattered dishes which complimented the overall vintage aesthetic. The food itself was good though not excellent. To be fair, we were not terribly hungry so would have liked to try more, namely the salads. I will DEFINITELY be coming back here to try more dishes. Dinette is a bit of fresh air from all of the trendier Cap Hill restaurants and I am so glad to see this space (formerly The Green Cat Cafe... my favorite all-time Seattle haunt) retain it's charming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemEmahleeDined on 8/14/2013It was my boyfriend's birthday, we figured Dinette had been around for a while we should check it out. If anything survives that long on the hill it has to be decent! It was. It was really nice. Cozy atmosphere, food that is unique, and slightly challenging. And for the challenge and the taste - it's seriously affordable (when you compare it to places like SPUR which is maybe a bit more of a foodie spot, but also smaller portion and more $). The portions are small but not crazy small. you order 5 or 6 things for two people. best part --- wednesday was half off of wine day. We're going back for sure -- another wednesday!!Special Features:
- SpecialsLaurenVIPDined on 8/9/2013Food was good as always, but disappointing that you were out of the special at 8:30. Also, be nice if you'd expand your wine list and have some good northwest wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2013We get to Dinette a few times a year and always enjoy it. The menu is limited, but if the entrees aren't striking a chord you can always make a meal out of their starters. Relaxed room and friendly service, it's a great place on the Hill.Special Features:
- Very Special Love of FooofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2013Surprising and exciting combination of flavors. Chef uses typical and atypical ingredients to make a very memorable meal. The Tomato Tonnato is for instance a wonderful twist for late summer on the classic but seldom served (in Seattle) classic Italian dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent!bobtDined on 6/20/2013this place was great - in food and service. I have already told many people about this place and how good it was. the clam pork stew was awesome. It had a relaxed cozy atmosphere. the only problem was finding a parking spot. If you look at their website, it will help you with finding parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambienceCar2GoGirlDined on 6/18/2013Small plates. Delicious food. Always enjoy the items on the "Toast" section of the menu. Really delicious daily specials. Love the housemade ice cream sandwich for dessert. Excellent, live piano music. Vibrant, but not noisy. One of the servers is quite sour & unfriendly every time I eat here. Otherwise, great spot!Special Features:
- Cute, all the way aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013The toasts, as I'm sure many other reviewers noted, are quite good. We had 3 people in our party, each of us chose a toast, a couple apps, and two entrees to split. I love the sharing concept. All of the ingredients were obviously high quality and prepared with care. The crespelle was delicious. Service was knowledgeable--he even suggested bringing one of the appetizers with the entrees to make sharing more amenable. Ice cream sandwich dessert was stellar.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!Foodfan65Dined on 6/4/2013Terrific food, delightful atmosphere. Really cool piano player. Can't wit to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysLakewADined on 5/29/2013Perfect spot for getting together if you want to be able to talk over dinner. Food is always outstanding, service is attentive but not overbearing. I've been coming here for years and never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Too toastedViriDined on 5/23/2013La Quercia Proscuitto: the bred was so toasted that it was really hard & difficult to eat. Croque Monsieur was amazingly good The Pork Belly wasn't that great Lamb Moussaka was great Clam dish was good The desserts were awful! My fiancé had ice cream sandwich that wasn't a sandwich. It was a scoop of ice cream & stale cookies on the side. The ice cream wasn't good either. The bred pudding was a disaster! It was eggy & undercooked. The caramel sauce was very bitter because it was overcooked and burnt. On the other hand, the waiter was ver nice and had a great attitude even after our bad experiences with some of the dishes. After all, we will go back to try other plates and the ones we really loved. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpretentious good food with FrenchRicardoVIPDined on 5/14/2013We had tried Dinette a time before at brunch and, after canceling another reservation due to the terrible Bellevue-Seattle traffic, we decided to give it another try. In short a great experience. Live jazz piano music, a short wine list but with a great Riesling, and the food. The gnocchi, meatballs and the cod were all complimented by us (I personally had the gnocchi and it ranks the best one I've had in Seattle). We'll definitively returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely fresh food, we sampledcookieDined on 4/24/2013Lovely fresh food, we sampled several plates and they were delivered to the table at timely intervals so we had a leisurely, pleasant pace. Wednesday is 1/2 price wine night!Special Features:
- A miss this time!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/19/2013Not up to par this time! Staff seemed disorganized and overwhelmed! At 8:00, out of two items on the entree part of the menu! With a limited menu, this does not leave much! Our waitperson redeemed herself as the evening progressed and things slowed down! The "toasts" were fabulous as always and the halibut was great! Glad to see Dinette crowded, but service needs to keep up with a full house! Has always been one of our little secret gems and we will return and hope things are more normal!
- Charming restaurant! LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2013Charming restaurant! Loved the lemony chicken meatballs!!Special Features:
- When a wine glass is emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013When a wine glass is empty u should ask if they would like another glass. Overall experience disappointing
- Every bite was prepared wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2013Every bite was prepared well with very interesting ingredients. We brought our own bottle of wine and they had a $20.00 corkage which is fine. Service was very nice. The piano was a little loud and the guy only took one short break. Since the room is so small it is hard to have a conversation. We found a place to park right outside the front door, a real plus in this area.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013I loved everything about Dinette. Chose it for my birthday dinner and couldn't have been more pleased. We ordered the pickled vegetables, asparagus croque and semolina dumplings with beef short rib ragu. All fabulous.Special Features:
- The cheese stuffed dates,BRSeattleDined on 4/5/2013The cheese stuffed dates, chicken liver toast, gorgonzola toast, kale salad, halibut and gnocci were outstanding! The skirt steak salad was not as good but the four of us ate everything on the table so we were justly satisfied.Special Features:
- Warm and glowingMollyMegDined on 4/1/2013We had excellent food and service in a warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Dinette has always been aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Dinette has always been a favorite of ours since it opened several years ago. It's nestled in an urban and funky Capitol Hill neighborhood and invites one in with a charming and cozy bistro ambiance. The food is always delicious, with a definite french/mediterranean influence. The menu never strays into offerings that are too "interesting" with odd combinations of ingredients. The chef however, has a masterful touch with combining flavors and can add a subtle and creative twist to classics. The toasts are fabulous - a must is the chicken liver mousse with oil-packed peppers; also the rabbit pate. The desserts are simple,scrumptious concoctions;various house-made ice creams with accompanying cookies and always a chocolate terrine.Special Features: