733 W. Madison
Chicago, IL 60661Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3126022100x
- Hours of Operation:
6:00am - 10:30am M-F
6:00am - 12:00pm Sat-Sun
Mon-Fri: 11:00 am -5:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday, & Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Thursday 3:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Perfect for that next Holiday Party, Rehearsal Dinner or Office gets together. Let Dine host your next event. We cater to seated dinner parties up to 35 people and cocktail receptions for 50 people. Whatever your need our professional team will put together an event to remember!
- Special Events: Chicago Restaurant Week!!January 24-February 6.
Three Course Pre Fixe Menus for Lunch $22, Kosher Lunch Option $22 (Only Available Mon-Thurs 11am-3pm), and Dinner $33
- Cross Street: Halsted
- Public Transit: Across the street from the Madison #20 bus stop. #8 Bus on Halsted stops at Madison. Three blocks from the Halsted Blue Line stop. Cabs are plentiful.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking through the Crowne Plaza Hotel, where we are located inside of.
A word from Dine
This 1940's inspired retro supper club and Martini Bar offers American classics revived with a contemporary flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dine reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pleasant surpriseDavid10Dined on 10/18/2014We found Dine on Open Table. Our party of six was accommodated easily. Food was delicious. It was Juan, our server that made our visit an outstanding experience. He was attentive and enthusiastic. He was humorous without being overbearing. We'll be back, especially if we know Juan will be our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As AdvertisedPaterfamiliasDined on 10/15/2014We had looked at the restaurant menu on their Website prior to visiting. The menu we were given when we arrived at the restaurant was nothing at all like what we had seen, and was much more limited and much less interesting. Unfortunately, we had opera tickets and thus not enough time to search for an alternative. Our waiter noted our disappointment, and went out of his way to help.
- The following 158 reviews are from the Dine reviews archive.
- Hotel hohumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/30/2014I thought this hotel restaurant would be a white tablecloth place. At 5:30 PM they were out of the specials! What's up with that? Service was scattered and perfunctory. Randolph St. prices ($32 per entre) with a Denny's ambience.
- Easter Brunch313in312Dined on 4/20/2014Upon walking into an empty restaurant for Easter Brunch I was initially filled with worry. That was quickly eased by the terrific food, wonderful service and terrific atmosphere created by the Team @ Dine. I feel 100% confident referring anyone looking for a great eclectic brunch and a wonderful time. One note - don't look for it on Madison because it is almost impossible to find, look on Halsted!Special Features:
- Great place to dine whileOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Great place to dine while visiting Chicago. Perfectly located inside the Crowne Plaza Chicago a Metro hotel.Special Features:
- When our party arrived, thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014When our party arrived, there was no one to seat us. Literally, it seemed like no one was working here. There was one group there, so I know it was open...but I still felt pretty silly for having made a reservation. After a few awkward minutes we decided that even if we eventually got seated it was going to be weird being 20% of the people there, so we left. I gave the food a 3, but only because for all I know it could be amazing.
- I like the idea of it beingWomanOverboardVIPDined on 11/2/2013I like the idea of it being scratch kitchen, but overall the food was only ok. Some restaurants in hotel overcome the "hotel" feeling. Think Fillini or the Palm, this does not. Our server was good. I was looking forward to finding somewhere new especially since it also open for lunch and close to my office. Chances are I won't return.
- HorribleSandraVIPDined on 10/9/2013Don't waste your time going here. I dropped over $50 on what was at best an overpriced Chili's (I'd rather eat Chili's). The staff did not understand the menu. My friend ordered crab dip, which seemed to just be spinach dip. When we asked the waitress if this was crab dip, she wasn't sure either and took it back to the kitchen. They told her it was crab (but then gave us a few chunks of crab to mix in - thanks). They brought lunch after having just given us appetizers. I ordered crab cake for lunch and was expecting a crab cake like I receive at other Chicago restaurants. What I got was a fried breaded crab cake that I could have gotten from the frozen aisle of the grocery store along with oil soaked fries. I would never go here again.
- I did not realize the locationElegantEaterDined on 10/6/2013I did not realize the location was inside a hote. Where everything was ok, nothing was over the moon special. With so many other great eateries in the same area this was the only option for late brunch for the time selected. The lobster roll was great. The crab cake not so great. I brought half of it home and never had the desire to finish it off. Two days Later it went into the trash. I could not get pass all the breading. Not what I expected for a 1000 point opening table selection.Special Features:
- Not so goodAwesomeVIPDined on 9/13/2013Sorry but this place was a disappointment ... Pasta dish I had included radicchio which added a bitter taste ... Other diner had a BLT with soggy fries. Very pricey too... 1 $16 and $12 for sub par food.. No thank you.
- mehChrisDined on 8/31/2013I found this place via Open Table and the overall experience was pretty lack luster. Two of us had the steak an eggs tacos and I was amazed that neither the eggs, steak, or salsa had any flavor, I have to imagine you would have to try to have that happen with all three. The french toast was leftover hamburger buns and fairly flavorless as well. The price points were very reasonable, however I can think of 10 diners with the same price points and fantastic food. Again, none of it was down right bad, it was just wasn't down right good.
- My expectations were muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2013My expectations were much higher then what was delivered. Not worth the cost, food was poor. with so many food choices in Greek Town it was not worth it.
- Great Service & FoodDi76Dined on 5/12/2013The service was wonderful; from the time we sat down until the time we left, the waitress was very attentive and personable. The manager stopped by twice to ask how everything was; it was a wonderful experience. The food was delicious as usual, there were a variety of items to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Breakfast delight!ActressAlexandriaDined on 5/12/2013Me and my siblings attended Dine for Mother's Day Sunday. When we got there, brunch was over and we were unaware. At first, we didn't quite understand the menu because we had looked at the menu prior to going and we didn't know there would be a special menu for Mother's Day.. But, this amazing male waiter brought us out the menu which made ordering so much easier and he was really sweet, kind and polite. The service was amazing and the people really take pride in making sure their customers are comfortable and well served. The Food was DELICIOUS!! By far the best pancakes I've tasted in a long while. The prices were pretty great as well and we were given roses for Mother's Day. We will be dining there soon again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat near Merit SchoolLuvthefoodDined on 5/10/2013This is a great place to eat before attending a concert at Merit School of Music. It is 2 1/2 blocks from the school. The service is friendly and the food is good -- especially the bean soup!I would recommend this to a friend.
- As we walked in we were greatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013As we walked in we were greated by a hostess shich seemed yo ne annoyed with seating us. Thank goodness our server was great. The food was ok. There wasn't many options for breakfast. They didn't even have the standard 2 eggs and toast. All in all felt it was over priced for what I got.Special Features:
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/7/2013This was one of the worst breakfast experiences we ever had. After being seated, we waited for over 10 minutes to get coffee and water, the breakfast bar was very limited in its selection and the first time through most of the serving dishes were empty. My companion decided he wanted something off the menu and we waited another 20 minutes before getting menus and an order taken. For the price charged for the breakfast bar I was expecting a few more options or choices or at least one or two dishes that were different and/or unique. This is not a location we would return to anytime soon.
- A mediocre hotel lobby restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2013Dine is what it is: a hotel lobby restaurant. With so many real restaurants in the area, why bother?
- Surprisingly, the food wasyuminthecity1215VIPDined on 3/14/2013Surprisingly, the food was delicious! At first I was skeptical, but the food was really great and I would recommend the scallops!Special Features:
- Excellent Service. GreatMzac25Dined on 2/23/2013Excellent Service. Great comfort food and the best Mac and Cheese I have ever eaten, plus you get to custom design it.Special Features:
- I loved this place. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I loved this place. Food was great & such great service! & it doesn't hurt your pockets.Special Features:
- I wouldn't say that I wasKaitlinDined on 2/6/2013I wouldn't say that I was that crazy about Dine. It's in a hotel and there's no real ambiance about the place. It kind of reminded me of like a glorified diner. Our service was ok although it did take 10 minutes or so to get a diet coke and my pasta, the bucatini was VERY bland. I could have gone home and made plain noodles at my house if I had wanted.
- The tomato basil soup withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2012The tomato basil soup with grilled cheese croutons was delish! Over-all, had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- There's a reason no one wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/27/2012There's a reason no one was there. Terrible service. Food was a bit pasty.
- Just so-so...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/24/2012We had been wanting to try Dine, but didn't realize it was in a hotel (not a swanky hotel - the Crowne Plaza on the edge of 90/94). Went for brunch - menu was ok. Seemed like lots of folks who were staying at the hotel, rather than neighborhood folks, some with luggage. We ordered omelettes which were good but nothing special and a little greasy. Had to hunt our server down to place our order, but the manager more than made up for it by checking in on us and being very warm and friendly. There is lot parking bu the majority is valet - complimentary, but you still have to tip. Very few "free" spaces in the lot.
- We chose Dine for the secondBethDined on 11/22/2012We chose Dine for the second year in a row for our Thanksgiving dinner. The buffet was very good, service attentive and atmosphere very pleasant.Special Features:
- Not even mediocregirlsnightoutDined on 11/22/2012The Thanksgiving buffet was a great disappointment for the price. The soup was good. Salad was good. The turkey OK. The dressing was inedible. Mashed potatoes mediocre. Pies were bland and obviously mass produced, previously frozen types. My waitress was sweet and obviously gave up a holiday with family to be there. I had one drink that was so strong I couldn't drink more than 1/4 of it. The meal was way overpriced for the value.Special Features:
- The Thanksgiving buffet wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012The Thanksgiving buffet was absolutely awful. It was all the traditional dishes, but they were terrible and uninspiring. It was a very forgettable and regrettable experience, and based on this, I will not choose to come back.
- I have wanted to try DineChiJudgeDined on 10/26/2012I have wanted to try Dine for some time because a perusal of its menu listes some interesting items. The experience, however, was terrible. It was a Friday evening--before a very popular concert at a near-by venue. Even though we had a reservation, it was evident from the moment we walked in, that the restaurant was completely unprepared for the number of patrons who had arrived, nor was it even ready for people such as ourselves who had made reservations. In short, there was only one waiter for the entire establishment. Food was ok but I will never go back. These people didn't have a clue about appropiate service. Avoid at all costs.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/16/2012This comfort-food restaurant was very modernly styled and had lounge areas as well as formal dinner tables. Bree, the hostess, went out of her way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The food was fantastic! My burger was juicy and cooked perfectly. My husband had the meatloaf and he said it was better than mine! :0)Special Features:
- Dine is one of those restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2012Dine is one of those restaurants where the decor is retro and slightly worn, though the food is outstanding and the service is wonderful. I ordered the meatloaf which is listed on the menu under the heading "Comfort Foods" and believe me, it was well-prepared and very delicious! Our waiter was knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly - we loved the place and hope to go back soon!Special Features:
- Nothing was offensive justOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/13/2012Nothing was offensive just ok food. This is a restaurant inside a hotel, not freestanding.
- My family and I went to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012My family and I went to Dine for the Easter brunch - It was fabulous! I would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- Enjoyed Easter brunch at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012Enjoyed Easter brunch at this hotel restaurant. The Easter bunny and crayons/coloring sheets were a nice touch for the children. Buffet style with nice selection of enjoyable dishes including carving station. Wait staff could have been more informative and accomodating. Free valet parking was a nice and unexpected touch.Special Features:
- Food outstanding...the decor is badQuietypeVIPDined on 4/2/2012Surprisingly awesome food!!! The place however needs a makeover to match the food!Special Features:
- This is great for meetings,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2012This is great for meetings, although the decor felt more like cafeteria.Special Features:
- I have no real gripes aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012I have no real gripes about this restaurant. The food was ok. We had soup, calamari, two steaks (filet, and flat iron) and wine and a martini. Soup was tomato tuscany... EhThe calamari we received was ok, quite a large portion. The steaks were cooked to order. The service was fine. I guess I was expecting more. It was good, ok in price, just thought the website and reviews made it sound more exciting. I would eat here agin. I probably would bring my parents though more of their style then mine for a date night.
- We had very good food andReneeDined on 2/25/2012We had very good food and our waiter was very nice and knowledgable. But the atmosphere was lackluster and very few people were there. Perhaps it was the location and the economy. I'd recommend the restaurant because we had good food, but for a special night out, it was not what we'd hoped for.
- One of the best meals I'veNaomiVIPDined on 2/14/2012One of the best meals I've ever had. Threw foods was delicious and served beautifully plated..and hot! The service was excellent. One od my new favorite places.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Great food and service!!! Nice and cozy ambiance. Decent prices for the quality of food.Special Features: