DiNardo's Famous Seafood
312 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
DiNardo's Famous Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinardos.com/
- Phone: 2159255115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Fares Amal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Special fixed price lunch & dinner menus are available for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Kathie Haas 2159255115
A word from DiNardo's Famous Seafood
DiNardo’s is the place to have your shell-cracking, claw-sucking, crab-eating feast. Steamed Louisiana crabs are served “hot and dirty” (known as Baltimore style), and other seafood specialties such as jumbo shrimp, fresh stuffed flounder, steamed mussels, and clams. Chicken, steaks, and pasta also are served.Continued
Enjoy soft shelled crabs, sautéed scallops, and more, featuring the DiNardo family’s secret, succulent sauce recipes at prices that won’t leave you hysterical.
Enjoy soft shelled crabs, sautéed scallops, and more, featuring the DiNardo family’s secret, succulent sauce recipes at prices that won’t leave you hysterical.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
DiNardo's Famous Seafood - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
DiNardo's Famous Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (22)kid-friendly (21)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)romantic (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Food, but too NoisyRiterReVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was good, got the seafood combo and the portions were generous. However, the restaurant was very noisy to the point of annoying. The group next to us was extremely loud and inappropriate, making it very difficult for my friend and I to have any conversation at all. While the food was good, it is not worth enough to me to go back to a place where many of the patrons seemed to find yelling over each other in a restaurant acceptable.Special Features:
- Great night outWhiteChocolateDined on 9/19/2014I really enjoyed myself very friendly place only one problem my crabs didn't have that much meat in them but overall I will return because the food was great and I will recommend this resturant to my friend'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food was too high and not very good we came for restaurant week. But order from the regular menu. My friend fried clams were not good at all and he refuse to order anything else. My friend was from out of town and flew in for my birthday, he said he would never come back to this restaurant. Sorry but the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre, expensive, great serviceJRO1Dined on 9/14/2014Food was disappointingly mediocre. Don't know how people think the food is so fantastic here. However, the service was EXCELLENT--wonderful friendly staff, very solicitous--special shout out to the bus staff who were smiling, courteous and solicitous.Special Features:
- Dinardo's Excellent SeafoodLadycop77Dined on 9/12/2014My first experience with Dinardo's was great. The menu was very appealing. I went on Restaurant Week and the selected menu was awesome. The three course meal was fit for a king or queen. I will be dining with Dinardo's again in the near future.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingEricGDined on 9/11/2014This dinner was not good. The crabs were obviously frozen and mealy. Crab soup had no taste. Excellent service, but really bad food.
- Crabs were AMAZING!BrittVIPDined on 9/11/2014Delicious dirty crabs - you can't go wrong with Dinardos! We polished off 2 dozen maryland hardshells and they were delicious. Service was impeccable. Server stayed on top of all of our dirty trays and kept bringing water, napkins and more beer. He was friendly and paced our food so well! Such a gem!Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedKathyRVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were there for lunch for Restaurant Week. Lunch did not taste bad but it was extremely overpriced for what we got. This is what we would expect from a dinner - at about 1/2 the price. For a total of $29 per person we would not expect to get french fries.
- LeslieDined on 9/7/2014Not my first time here and it won't be my last time here. The food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Son's BirthdayAnthonyCDined on 9/7/2014Our family, Celebrated our Son's 20th Birthday there on 9/7. The Service was excellent! The whole staff sang Happy Birthday to him and the food was very great. It was a bit pricey but its alright to splurge on a special occasion. The waiter was very friendly and didn't miss a trick. I personally, with two kids in college, couldn't afford this on a regular basis, however if I could, I would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The staff was so friendly and accommodating and the food was delicious as always!!!! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- OverpricedNoLib22Dined on 9/5/2014Super expensive for mediocre food. Crabs were not worth the money. Bread was stale. Best part was the bottled beer. This is a whole in the wall restaurant that was probably once nice, but now needs seriously updating. The service was incredibly friendly, but besides that, I'd never pay $150 for this quality food again. For $150, I want good crabs. I could have gone to a place in Rittenhouse for less money.Special Features:
- Crabs were just ok for a crabhousefoodieDined on 9/1/2014Had been there years ago.. wanted to celebrate my 50th birthday there after a Philly tour. Had my husband and 4 kids. Service was excellent, it was late afternoon, before dinner hour and on Labor Day, so no crowds I had 3 crabs at $9.00 each. 2 were very charred/black on outside, first I thought it was dark from over seasoning The meat tasted dry/burned inside and they were stated as large, only size they had that day. But they were smallish. Were not good at all, but didn't complain because I had my kids with me; my husband had gone to a lot of trouble to make day special for me and I didn't want to bring everyone down. I would have thought that end of summer crabs would have been bigger, but they were over steamed/ black on outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CrabsSkiMamma1Dined on 8/28/2014We dined here last week with a group visiting from out of town. They wanted a Maryland style crab experience, and DiNardo's seemed to be the only city place offering such. We were not disappointed. The crabs were large, VERY meaty and perfectly cooked. They were a bit pricy, but in the end, thanks to the amount of meat inside, we did not go away hungry. My husband also ordered a fried seafood platter that featured the sweetest scallops I have had this year. We enjoyed the personal touch given by a visit from the owner of the restaurant, and our overall experience exceeded our expectations. We will return when in the mood for simply prepared and impeccably fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Great time, food and atmosphere!JasonDined on 8/27/2014We arranged a dinner party for our mother and we all had to say we had a great time! Even when our party became a little loud, due to the excitement, the staff continued to welcome and accommodate us without a complaint. We highly recommend! The Ferguson Family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovinglifeDined on 8/21/2014I loved the garlic crabs, a little on the expensive side, 3 crabs for $33.00 and changeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crabsPboccaDined on 8/20/2014I have eat here for two time and if you want eat crabs in Philadelphia, i think it's the best place to do this... The "steamed" crabs are sweet and spice in the same time, perfectly cooked. I recommend DiNardo's to everybodySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crabsturbotVIPDined on 8/18/2014I am a long time hard shell crab eater and was disappointed during my recent vacation on LBI when there were no crabs. So we went to DiNardo's where we have eaten many times before. I ordered 3 jumbo crabs which were not jumbos but more accurately could be described as large. Two of them were overcooked and mushy. The third was better but I've never had this experience at DiNardo's before so I thought I'd should mention my disappointment. My server did offer to have someone in the kitchen clean the crabs for me which was helpful. I had never been offered that in the past.
- Neighborhood Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014DiNardo's Famous Seafood is a great place for lunch or nightly dining for seafood lovers. I had the shrimp stuffed with crab meat and it was delicious. I had been searching for a place similar to a restaurant in New Jersey (Laurel Seafood) that my family would frequently visit when I was young. I searched for the same type of place and came up empty for years until now! Thank you DiNardo's for helping me to reclaim fond childhood memories. I will certainly be back with family and friends; I also look forward to spreading the news.Special Features:
- stealth11Dined on 8/17/2014The whole crab was served in a plastic trough with a half inch of oil in it, didn't smell very good. Cole slaw was warm and tasteless.
- Food very pricey and not very goodDinardosDined on 8/14/2014I ordered the buffalo shrimp for an appetizer and for 12.50 I expected more than 4 shrimp. My entree was stuffed shrimp with crab which the crab stuffing had too much filler. Our waiter was very nice though.
- VERY GOOD SEAFOODsteveandleoDined on 8/14/2014A PHILLY CLASSIC, EXCELLENT CRABS AND SEAFOOD!!!! VERY GOOD SERVICE, WIDE VARIETY OF LOCAL BREWS.....A GEM!!!Special Features:
- soulsistersDined on 8/9/2014I have not been there in 7 years no particular reason we just meet up at other places. but the experience I had on Saturday was great. The welcome,the food, and the great waitress was.excellent. She even gave us info. The crabs and mussels were great. However, the cold slaw was totally out of this world. I have tasted a lot of slaw but yours is a number 1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it wasPhillyCynDined on 8/9/2014I was shocked to find that the food was lacking at this historic restaurant. I used to go there years ago, and the food was awesome. This recent visit, with an out-of-town friend, left MUCH to be desired. The service was good, but some of my food was bland. There were no mashed potatoes, so I was stuck with french fries. The crab legs were not seasoned, although I requested Old Bay. The crabs were not best quality. The buffalo shrimp were great, but too few and way too small for the price. And the parking validation for the next door lot was not clear - so I paid full price. Overall, I was disappointed. DiNardo's has changed...for the worse, I'm afraid.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Food was great and service was outstanding. Very attentive wait staffSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceHahndocVIPDined on 8/7/2014It started with the need for a booth as my wife has a bad back. they had one waiting for us. The service and crabs were great. The attentiveness to detail was superb.
- Over priced but excellent serviceCouple32NEPHillyDined on 8/6/2014Let me start by saying James is an excellent server. Very attentive and ensured we had everything we needed the entire time. The food not so much for the prices your paying. The crabs are so tiny with barely anything in them and were $30 for 3 of them, the jumbo lump crab cake meal for $28 I could of bought from shames club right from the box right along with my stuffed shrimp with crab. For the prices you are paying I would of expected a little originality and freshness. Fair from cheap when it comes to good food but frozen out the box is not my thing.
- DiNardo's Seafood RestaurantluckylibrarianDined on 8/5/2014Please order the crabs when dining at DiNardo's Seafood Restaurant in Philadelphia. They're served Baltimore-style with Bay seasoning and are a great value if you share the combo - 7 whole crabs, cole slaw and fries. Messy but very yummy! Ask for a bib!Special Features:
- DiNardo's Seafood ReviewMattDined on 8/2/2014Great service, excellent menu, good prices. First time at this neighborhood restaurant. I will be back, as both the food and service were excellent. The desert was a nice finish to our meal. Cherry to DiNardo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good CrabsMMooreDined on 7/31/2014King crab legs were tasty, could have used more legs though. Stuffed mushrooms were also delicious. Food was just a bit over-priced.
- DiNardo'scktchrDined on 7/31/2014Totally disappointed. DiNardo's is known for their hard shell crabs which is why my friend and traveled 40 minutes to have."THEY'RE DELIVERY WAS NOT ARRIVING UNTIL LATE AFTERNOON", and they therefore did not have blue points. I believe that if DiNardo's wasn't a long known and established restaurant, they would not be in business very long. It' s like going to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and their out of their signature steak!!!! Our server was apologetic, and accomodating, but I am not running back there again any time soon.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!BellagirlDined on 7/26/2014From the Crab Bisque to the Crab Stuffed Twin Lobster Tails I couldn't have been more pleased. DiNardo's NEVER disappoints. Our server seemed a tad bit overwhelmed and kept forgetting things but we got the feeling he was new. We were surprised they were out of Clams Casino, but maybe next time. They were out of two other items but I can't recall what they were. Blue was pleasant & helpful just like our last visit to DiNardo's and he greeted us as if he really did remember us (that was awesome!). Looking forward to our next visit and hopefully get to try the Clams Casino.Special Features:
- Pricey for what you geteulogyDined on 7/26/2014My husband had the garlic crabs and said they were good. I had the "Jumbo" lump crab cake. I was told the regular crab cakes were backfin and the Jumbo had large chuncks of crabmeat that you can see sticking ou of the crab cake so that is why I chose the jumbo and paid more. I make my own crab cakes and buy lump crabmeat but not jumbo. Thesecrabcakes were definately not jumbo and not worth $28.50. I would not go back, too many other places to try.
- Pricey but lacks qualitylauraannchinDined on 7/22/2014Laura our server was awesome. Crab was not as fresh as expected. Meat was over done and on the drier side. For about $75 per person, I think my money can be put to better seafood elsewhere.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014We were a party of six. The service was great after waiting 10 minutes without acknowledgment. The crab balls and crab stuffed mushroom were good; however the fries and calamari were bland. The crab bisque tasted like tomato soup with bits of floating crab but the buffalo shrimp were delicious. The salmon rollatini was one of the best I’ve ever had, but the steak was unseasoned and overcooked. The lobster tail was steamed well. The broccoli was also bland. We tried the chocolate cake. The cake looked richer than it tasted and the cream on the side tasted sour. Overall, we had a great time because of the company, but we would not dine here again.
- Awesome Anniversary ExperienceWillBGoingbackDined on 7/21/2014Went to DiNardo's for our anniversary date and were treated royally! Great service, 5 star seafood dinner, attentive waiters and waitresses. I had flowers delivered to the restaurant to be presented to my wife after we ordered our drinks and the staff did not disappoint. The look on my wife's face was priceless!! Our dinner was a dream come true! To top it off, we ordered dessert and when they brought it out, wished us a "Happy anniversary", "dessert is on the house"!!! A special occasion made extra special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not what I was expectingEricDined on 7/20/2014My girlfriend and I went here during restaurant week. I'm not sure why, but I was somewhat expecting a somewhat fine-dining ambiance, instead it was more of a small, beach themed, diner-like atmosphere. Our server was excellent, knowledgeable of the menu as well as very attentive. The food was good, although it definitely could have been better (steak overcooked on one side, broccoli overcooked and underseasoned, baked potato unseasoned). The highlight of the meal was the warmed chocolate cake with a local ice cream that was delicious. Overall, a good experience, just not what we were expecting.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantScilDined on 7/17/2014This is my second time at DiNardo's and everything was great. My son and I had a great lunch. This was his first time there and we plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip it!GrammydinesoutDined on 7/9/2014Went with a group of three. The restaurant was a great disappointment! The food was nothing to rave about. The service was non-existent. The waiter never came back to see if we needed anything, which we did! It was impossible to even catch his attention as he occasionally could be seen nearby in the dining room. We could have gotten up and ran after him, but by this time we were so disgusted that we just gave up. Nobody even tried to fill our water glasses, an important duty when eating seafood! There was nobody else to ask for help either, and the restaurant was not even busy! Finally the waiter appeared with our bill, never even asking if we wanted dessert or anything else!Special Features:
- Seafood ParadiseHawwisonVIPDined on 7/6/2014Particularly great for crab fans, but there are plenty of alternatives, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.