DiNardo's Famous Seafood
312 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
DiNardo's Famous Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinardos.com/
- Phone: 2159255115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Fares Amal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Special fixed price lunch & dinner menus are available for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Kathie Haas 2159255115
A word from DiNardo's Famous Seafood
DiNardo’s is the place to have your shell-cracking, claw-sucking, crab-eating feast. Steamed Louisiana crabs are served “hot and dirty” (known as Baltimore style), and other seafood specialties such as jumbo shrimp, fresh stuffed flounder, steamed mussels, and clams. Chicken, steaks, and pasta also are served.Continued
Enjoy soft shelled crabs, sautéed scallops, and more, featuring the DiNardo family’s secret, succulent sauce recipes at prices that won’t leave you hysterical.
Enjoy soft shelled crabs, sautéed scallops, and more, featuring the DiNardo family’s secret, succulent sauce recipes at prices that won’t leave you hysterical.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
DiNardo's Famous Seafood - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
DiNardo's Famous Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (18)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)romantic (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- LovinglifeDined on 8/21/2014I loved the garlic crabs, a little on the expensive side, 3 crabs for $33.00 and changeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crabsPboccaDined on 8/20/2014I have eat here for two time and if you want eat crabs in Philadelphia, i think it's the best place to do this... The "steamed" crabs are sweet and spice in the same time, perfectly cooked. I recommend DiNardo's to everybodySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crabsturbotVIPDined on 8/18/2014I am a long time hard shell crab eater and was disappointed during my recent vacation on LBI when there were no crabs. So we went to DiNardo's where we have eaten many times before. I ordered 3 jumbo crabs which were not jumbos but more accurately could be described as large. Two of them were overcooked and mushy. The third was better but I've never had this experience at DiNardo's before so I thought I'd should mention my disappointment. My server did offer to have someone in the kitchen clean the crabs for me which was helpful. I had never been offered that in the past.
- Neighborhood Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014DiNardo's Famous Seafood is a great place for lunch or nightly dining for seafood lovers. I had the shrimp stuffed with crab meat and it was delicious. I had been searching for a place similar to a restaurant in New Jersey (Laurel Seafood) that my family would frequently visit when I was young. I searched for the same type of place and came up empty for years until now! Thank you DiNardo's for helping me to reclaim fond childhood memories. I will certainly be back with family and friends; I also look forward to spreading the news.Special Features:
- stealth11Dined on 8/17/2014The whole crab was served in a plastic trough with a half inch of oil in it, didn't smell very good. Cole slaw was warm and tasteless.
- Food very pricey and not very goodDinardosDined on 8/14/2014I ordered the buffalo shrimp for an appetizer and for 12.50 I expected more than 4 shrimp. My entree was stuffed shrimp with crab which the crab stuffing had too much filler. Our waiter was very nice though.
- VERY GOOD SEAFOODsteveandleoDined on 8/14/2014A PHILLY CLASSIC, EXCELLENT CRABS AND SEAFOOD!!!! VERY GOOD SERVICE, WIDE VARIETY OF LOCAL BREWS.....A GEM!!!Special Features:
- soulsistersDined on 8/9/2014I have not been there in 7 years no particular reason we just meet up at other places. but the experience I had on Saturday was great. The welcome,the food, and the great waitress was.excellent. She even gave us info. The crabs and mussels were great. However, the cold slaw was totally out of this world. I have tasted a lot of slaw but yours is a number 1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it wasPhillyCynDined on 8/9/2014I was shocked to find that the food was lacking at this historic restaurant. I used to go there years ago, and the food was awesome. This recent visit, with an out-of-town friend, left MUCH to be desired. The service was good, but some of my food was bland. There were no mashed potatoes, so I was stuck with french fries. The crab legs were not seasoned, although I requested Old Bay. The crabs were not best quality. The buffalo shrimp were great, but too few and way too small for the price. And the parking validation for the next door lot was not clear - so I paid full price. Overall, I was disappointed. DiNardo's has changed...for the worse, I'm afraid.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Food was great and service was outstanding. Very attentive wait staffSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceHahndocVIPDined on 8/7/2014It started with the need for a booth as my wife has a bad back. they had one waiting for us. The service and crabs were great. The attentiveness to detail was superb.
- Over priced but excellent serviceCouple32NEPHillyDined on 8/6/2014Let me start by saying James is an excellent server. Very attentive and ensured we had everything we needed the entire time. The food not so much for the prices your paying. The crabs are so tiny with barely anything in them and were $30 for 3 of them, the jumbo lump crab cake meal for $28 I could of bought from shames club right from the box right along with my stuffed shrimp with crab. For the prices you are paying I would of expected a little originality and freshness. Fair from cheap when it comes to good food but frozen out the box is not my thing.
- DiNardo's Seafood ReviewMattDined on 8/2/2014Great service, excellent menu, good prices. First time at this neighborhood restaurant. I will be back, as both the food and service were excellent. The desert was a nice finish to our meal. Cherry to DiNardo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good CrabsMMooreDined on 7/31/2014King crab legs were tasty, could have used more legs though. Stuffed mushrooms were also delicious. Food was just a bit over-priced.
- DiNardo'scktchrDined on 7/31/2014Totally disappointed. DiNardo's is known for their hard shell crabs which is why my friend and traveled 40 minutes to have."THEY'RE DELIVERY WAS NOT ARRIVING UNTIL LATE AFTERNOON", and they therefore did not have blue points. I believe that if DiNardo's wasn't a long known and established restaurant, they would not be in business very long. It' s like going to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and their out of their signature steak!!!! Our server was apologetic, and accomodating, but I am not running back there again any time soon.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!BellagirlDined on 7/26/2014From the Crab Bisque to the Crab Stuffed Twin Lobster Tails I couldn't have been more pleased. DiNardo's NEVER disappoints. Our server seemed a tad bit overwhelmed and kept forgetting things but we got the feeling he was new. We were surprised they were out of Clams Casino, but maybe next time. They were out of two other items but I can't recall what they were. Blue was pleasant & helpful just like our last visit to DiNardo's and he greeted us as if he really did remember us (that was awesome!). Looking forward to our next visit and hopefully get to try the Clams Casino.Special Features:
- Pricey for what you geteulogyDined on 7/26/2014My husband had the garlic crabs and said they were good. I had the "Jumbo" lump crab cake. I was told the regular crab cakes were backfin and the Jumbo had large chuncks of crabmeat that you can see sticking ou of the crab cake so that is why I chose the jumbo and paid more. I make my own crab cakes and buy lump crabmeat but not jumbo. Thesecrabcakes were definately not jumbo and not worth $28.50. I would not go back, too many other places to try.
- Pricey but lacks qualitylauraannchinDined on 7/22/2014Laura our server was awesome. Crab was not as fresh as expected. Meat was over done and on the drier side. For about $75 per person, I think my money can be put to better seafood elsewhere.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014We were a party of six. The service was great after waiting 10 minutes without acknowledgment. The crab balls and crab stuffed mushroom were good; however the fries and calamari were bland. The crab bisque tasted like tomato soup with bits of floating crab but the buffalo shrimp were delicious. The salmon rollatini was one of the best I’ve ever had, but the steak was unseasoned and overcooked. The lobster tail was steamed well. The broccoli was also bland. We tried the chocolate cake. The cake looked richer than it tasted and the cream on the side tasted sour. Overall, we had a great time because of the company, but we would not dine here again.
- Awesome Anniversary ExperienceWillBGoingbackDined on 7/21/2014Went to DiNardo's for our anniversary date and were treated royally! Great service, 5 star seafood dinner, attentive waiters and waitresses. I had flowers delivered to the restaurant to be presented to my wife after we ordered our drinks and the staff did not disappoint. The look on my wife's face was priceless!! Our dinner was a dream come true! To top it off, we ordered dessert and when they brought it out, wished us a "Happy anniversary", "dessert is on the house"!!! A special occasion made extra special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not what I was expectingEricDined on 7/20/2014My girlfriend and I went here during restaurant week. I'm not sure why, but I was somewhat expecting a somewhat fine-dining ambiance, instead it was more of a small, beach themed, diner-like atmosphere. Our server was excellent, knowledgeable of the menu as well as very attentive. The food was good, although it definitely could have been better (steak overcooked on one side, broccoli overcooked and underseasoned, baked potato unseasoned). The highlight of the meal was the warmed chocolate cake with a local ice cream that was delicious. Overall, a good experience, just not what we were expecting.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantScilDined on 7/17/2014This is my second time at DiNardo's and everything was great. My son and I had a great lunch. This was his first time there and we plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip it!GrammydinesoutDined on 7/9/2014Went with a group of three. The restaurant was a great disappointment! The food was nothing to rave about. The service was non-existent. The waiter never came back to see if we needed anything, which we did! It was impossible to even catch his attention as he occasionally could be seen nearby in the dining room. We could have gotten up and ran after him, but by this time we were so disgusted that we just gave up. Nobody even tried to fill our water glasses, an important duty when eating seafood! There was nobody else to ask for help either, and the restaurant was not even busy! Finally the waiter appeared with our bill, never even asking if we wanted dessert or anything else!Special Features:
- Seafood ParadiseHawwisonVIPDined on 7/6/2014Particularly great for crab fans, but there are plenty of alternatives, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be Much BetterFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I took our mothers for a late lunch. First the pros: it's clean, friendly and the waiters are nice. Cons: the prices for jumbo crabs are $10 ea. and 9.85 for large - much too high to get the amount you'd probably want. They charge extra for their "famous fries" which are not even fresh, just frozen with Old Bay & salt - those should come with the meal. The crab claws I wanted were not available. I think they're not trying hard enough, charging way too much, and are riding on their name. I've been there several times over the last 30 years and it's just not that great. If you want crabs, go to Maryland, Delaware or to the Jersey shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it once wasandrewVIPDined on 7/3/2014I've been coming to Dinardo's for years with my family enjoying their FRESH seafood. My girlfriend is not big on seafood but I promised her if we were to get crabs this was the spot in Philadelphia. Unfortunately I was wrong as our experience was horrible. We waited about 10 minutes at the table to be approached by a waitress, during which we discussed the possibility that they forgot we were back there. I don't know our waitress's name, because she never introduced herself. I had $35 worth of stone crab legs which were not filling AND DID NOT TASTE FRESH. They tasted like they were frozen and heated. It was terrible. My girlfriend had a crab cake that was very very fried and contained mostly filler.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Smallest crabs ever at over nine dollars a pop. What a disgrace
- Not goodPastorMikeDined on 6/28/2014Two thumbs down. Don't waste your time, nor your money. Service and food not worth the money you spend. I guess that's why they don't put the prices on the menu.
- Love Love LoveGr8place2eatVIPDined on 6/25/2014Brought my family to DiNardos for dinner. We are a family of 7. The bartender was awesome! Made us feel as if we had been there a million times! The server was amazing as well. Nearly everything we had was fabulous. The bisque was way too thick and not any notable seafood in it but other than that the food was delicious!!! Definitely on my list to return!!!Special Features:
- SeafoodZackNJDined on 6/23/2014The food was good not great. The filet mignon and the salmon that my other party order was good but just missed a little in regards to seasoning. It is a decent place; not the best in regards to price and appetizing. I used the groupon deal and glad I did because it unfortunately was not worth all the money. Seemed to be an expensive "Red Lobster."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatedSunnyDined on 6/21/2014Shrimp was good. Fish was tasteless. Crab was dry. Server was great. I think the place is on the way out.Special Features:
- Not impressedFoodieDined on 6/14/2014I was there twice in a months time. First meal was enjoyable. Saturday night we had a reservation at 9:30. I believe if you are going to take a 9:30 reservation, you do not rush the customers, don't vacuum around them and don't close the kitchen until they are finished. We ordered 6 crabs, received 3 and were told good thing we didn't want the other 3 because the kitchen was closed. I think the crabs were slightly overcooked. Oysters weren't great. We were not even asked if we wanted dessert. Definitely rushed us out. Went into the ladies room and a male and female employee were talking in there. Wouldn't go back any time soon
- Nothing specialDotPeteDined on 6/12/2014Expensive for the amount and quality of food. The amount of crab on the Sautéed Jumbo lump crab entrée was very small and nothing special. Add a baked potato and some steamed broccoli that does not add up to $25 worth of food. Friends had the Sautéed Garlic Crabs. At $10/crab it was a bit pricey. They were supposed to be cleaned and split, but the crabs did not appear to be split.Special Features:
- This is more of a crab place!NikkiDined on 6/8/2014Go here if you are going to get crabs, not if you are lookin to eat seafood, as there is not much of a seafood dinner selection. I was in a party of 3. I got the broiled scallops (quarter sized), which had no flavor to them whatsoever, except maybe some old bay. The shrimp dinner was the same. The salmon was also very bland. We also got the snapper soup, in which we thought it was "red snapper fish" not turtle. The menu should have said that the snapper was turtle, because most would assume it was fish. Service was ok. Dishes were cleared promptly, but our check was given to us while we were still finishing up our main dish because we didn't order desert. It was not busy, but I felt we were being rushed at this point. I would not go back.
- if you like crabs4stardinnerDined on 6/7/2014Huge crabs. Steamed and seasoned to perfection The size we used to catch in the Cheasapeake. Matt our waiter was the best we have had anywhere in 5 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buyer bewarelifespleasure2Dined on 6/3/2014I was disappointed by the meal. The crab cakes needed seasoning and the broccoli needed less. The crushed pepper seeds made it so hot as to be inedible . The prices for hard shell crabs were so high we did not order them. The lack of desserts was a downer as was the decor felt drab and dreary. Will not go back. The prices were high and quality not up to the same high standards.
- Very Good, As AlwaysTheBigCheeseVIPDined on 5/25/2014DiNardo's has been pretty consistent for us. I had the chicken and shrimp (blackened) and my wife had linguini and clams and both were very good.Special Features:
- Disappointed!AnniVIPDined on 5/19/2014We have been waiting all winter for DiNardo's to get their crabs in...They are in and they are small! $9 each for their Jumbo blue crabs that looked like mediums. Although we did not participate, it was "all you can eat crab" night, which may have been the problem. It was so noisy with big groups that we actually could not hear each other speak. The service was not good and we felt like we were being rushed out of there. This is not our usual experience at DiNardo's which has always been a favorite place for us, but, it was not good that night!
- Always great crabsMartySVIPDined on 5/19/2014No reason to anywhere else if you want great crabsSpecial Features:
- chesterjimDined on 5/16/2014Great seafood, easy parking and a terific waitstaff. I can't say enough about this place if you like seafood, crabs, clams, oysters, etc. I also got steak for the first time there and was pleasantly suprised at the quality and flavor. They also are really nice about making birthdays special.Special Features: