8706 W. Thunderbird Rd.
Peoria, AZ 85381Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dillonsrestaurant.com/thunderbird/index.html
- Phone: 6239795353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: George Valverde and Rich Dillon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specializing in Kansas City Style BBQ We offer valley wide catering services Full service – leave the setup and clean up to us Delivery service- We will deliver and set up before your guests arrive Pick-up-We will have the food ready to go at one of our 5 locations that is nearest you Let Dillon’s be a part of those Special Events that make life worth living: ~Birthday Celebrations ~Baptisms ~Corporate/Holiday Parties ~Promotion/Retirement Parties ~Graduations ~Weddings If you love our BBQ but are looking for something different we will be happy to customize a menu for you.
- Private Party Facilities: Dillon’s Catering is a full service, on and off-site caterer, and will travel valleywide. From a backyard BBQ to an elegant wedding, call Dillon’s Catering for all of your catering needs!
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Hoffland 6028708843
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday Nights!
A word from Dillon's Thunderbird
The concept of Dillon’s Restaurant began in 1998 when Co-Owner George Valverde approached Rich Dillon with a partnership designed to bring Valverde's vision to reality. That vision has now produced 5 locations. The first Dillon's Restaurant opened in 1999, Dillon's Thunderbird maintains much of its original home style, farm house ambiance from the early 1940's. Dillon's Arrowhead opened in 2005 and serves the gorgeous community of Glendale. The bar and restaurant hosts an ever-growing crowd of enthusiastic golfers and sports fan entertained by a live band on Friday nights. In the past three years we have added three new locations. Dillon's @ Scorpion Bay in September 2009, Dillon's Top of Central in July 2010, and Dillon's at the World Wildlife Zoo in November 2011. Dillon's Restaurants would not be successful without its amazing employees who are a huge part of our lives. We are very grateful for their loyalty and some have been with us since 1999!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dillon's Thunderbird reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent barbeque baby backCWFdiningDined on 4/23/2013Excellent barbeque baby back ribs and pulled pork. Plentiful portions each and every time I visit. Food is served hot by a friendly and attentive wait staff. The potato salad, baked beans and mac n cheese are wonderful.Special Features:
- The food and service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013The food and service was good. Easy going atmosphere with kids all around having family time together. Average portions and very tasty.Special Features:
- This is a good BBQ place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2013This is a good BBQ place. The food and service was great and exactly what we were wanting. The decor and the set up the restaurant is extremely casual almost indoor picnic feel with a open floor plan and plastic checkered table clothes. If you are wanting good food and do not care about the decor this is the place if you a wanting a nicer restaurant then keep looking,Special Features:
- Sensitive to FOOD sensitivites!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2013I was pleasantly surprised that this restaurant had a gluten-free menu... but the icing on the cake was that our server was knowledgeable regarding food sensitivities and which items on the menu would be appropriate for me personally... since my food issues also include some dairy items.Special Features:
- Great place to eat. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Great place to eat. Excellent food. Was prety noisy though so if you are looking for a quiet romantic place this isnt it. But if you are looking for great food in a fun atmosphere, this is your place.Special Features:
- Very Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013when we arrived at Dillions at first they had no clue that we had a reservation even made they had to get the manager and when I told them our reservaton number they did not know what open table was all about our service with the waitress was very poor she could not wait for us to even finish our food they kept interupting us and taking our dishes before we were even finished eatting she was in a big rush to get us out so she could get another family in just to get her more tips it seemed like we went on Valentines Day and was hoping to have a enjoyable quiet dinner without being rushed to get out it was a experience never to forgetSpecial Features:
- Not very good for lunchMClarkVIPDined on 10/4/2012While the food is usually very good here, the service has been very poor lately - especially during lunch. We have come for lunch a few times over the past couple of months and the service has been very slow and apathetic. It's a shame, because the food here used to be very good and the service at dinner is much better.
- We had a graduation partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012We had a graduation party there for 12 persons. They opened at 11A and our reservation was for 11:30. We arrived at 11:20 and the table(s) were not yet set up. I feel that this should have been a priority since it was such a large group. Other than that, it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Food was just ok was expectingArrowheadDined on 8/12/2012Food was just ok was expecting much higher quality for the price that they charge
- GREAT BBQ & Burgers!!RyjonDined on 7/22/2012Went for a family member's birthday lunch and they had $1.00 1/2 order onion rings which were a little undercooked but still awesome. Everything else was incredible and we got a free b-day dessert for the b-day boy. Thank you Dillon's!Special Features:
- basic barbecue, waitress cameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012basic barbecue, waitress came over to table once after taking order-never saw her
- Great food as always. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2012Great food as always. Our waitress was a pro. Band in the bar made it pretty noisy for a while even though we were sitting in the back of the dining. Would definitly recommend and return.Special Features:
- We had a party of seven andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We had a party of seven and with our reservation we were promptly seated! Great food, just remember the tables are a bit close together at this location.Special Features: