DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo
99530 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33037Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.digiorgioscafelargo.com/
- Phone: 3054514885x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:30PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert DiGiorgio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire about platters of our delicious "to go" for your party or occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private room handles up to 40 people. Very popular for rehearsal dinners and family reunions.
- Private Party Contact: Robert DiGiorgio 3054514885x
A word from DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo
Owned and operated by the DiGiorgio family, DiGiorgio"s Cafe Largo is authentic. When you think pasta, local seafood, veal, tira misu and others, DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo is the first to come to mind in Key Largo. The DiGiorgio family emigrated from the cities of San Marino in north Italy and Cassino, outside of Rome. Being in business in South Florida since 1968 we have developed a great following and reputation. In 1990, the DiGiorgio family moved to Key Largo and saw the possibilities of mixing all the varieties of local seafood available with pasta and other dishes. When in Key Largo, we welcome you with open arms. Become a fan of our Facebook page and keep with our specials, events, reveiws and anything we might come up with spur of the moment. Just search "Cafe Largo" on Facebook.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Service lackingLuvkeylargoDined on 8/13/2014Server had too many tables to be able to provide good service -- some drinks were missed, it took a long to receive food and to pay. Once received food was goodSpecial Features:
- Very EnjoyablepamelammiDined on 8/8/2014The food here is great and the service just as great. The escargot appetizer was amazing, and the twin filets with lobster cakes were delicious! We will definitely return here on our next visit to Key Largo. I loved the salt scrub in the rest room, and purchased some just before leaving Key Largo as it left my hands soft and smooth into the next morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip if you canwg49VIPDined on 8/2/2014This place was NOT recommended by a local yet I took advise of OpenTable reviews. Service was ok...food was horrendous. Calamari was chewy and tasteless. I informed service staff and reaction was.....nothing..... Shrimp scampi (menu said jumbo shrimp). 6 small shrimp tossed in a garlic sauce on a bed of overcooked linguini in a pool of water. Wife ordered mozarella caprese...almost frozen cheese with tomato. No oil or giod quakity balsamic vinegar. ....avoid....
- Good Italian in the Keysjillrun1VIPDined on 7/31/2014My 14 year old was getting tired of the fish restaurants so we decided to try DiGiorgio's. I was nervous being a NY'r but we were pleasantly surprised. I actually had the Mahi and it was delicious and my daughter had the gnocchi one of her favorite dishes and she loved it. The deep dish key lime was outstanding too! If you are looking for good Italian try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 70 reviews are from the DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo reviews archive.
- Great food and morewardyDined on 5/16/2014very good food and a vibrant atmosphere make this friendly Italian eatery a great spot for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of an Italian restaurantMichelleDined on 5/10/2014Food was excellent, service was very good; but, the restaurant seemed tired and in need of an update.Special Features:
- Excellent findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2014This was a great find. Service by Tammy was wonderful and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseWewillbebacksoonDined on 3/15/2014This establishment is not worth visiting while you are in the keys. Ambiance is weak. Chairs are extremely uncomfortable. Tables are similar to cheap outdoor furniture. This is a minor item and is not the reason for the bad review. The service and the food both were not up to par. The food was served cold, the entrees came out in the wrong order and the food was not flavorful. Soup was served cold without a spoon and the server could not be found to supply the utensil. Salt was one of the top ingredients. The server would be gone for long periods and my wife would have potentially had another glass or two of wine if the server was present. Save your time and money as there are much better locations to eat.
- Worth Coming BackCharlesDined on 2/17/2014My wife and I ate at DiGiorgio's when we were last in Key Largo two years ago. This time, we brought my sister-in-law and nephew. The food was excellent, served quickly, the specialty drinks were tasty, and the waitress was friendly and informative. We arrive early in the evening so there were not many other customers which added to the ambience because it was quiet. We had a great time and will certainly return the next time we are in Key Largo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ItalianJoshDined on 2/4/2014Good quality Italian food, salad was very lacking but otherwise main dish and wine were excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealchrisDined on 1/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed the Tour of Italy and a few glasses of wine. All in all we were very pleased. Service was good, prices were reasonable and the food was good. We've been to Italy a few times and this was as good as we've had there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Largo Rocks!GodFirstDined on 1/25/2014Amazing food. Great location. staff professional and friendly and very inviting. GREAT PLACE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland and uninspiringchuckmac07VIPDined on 1/17/2014i admit we're food snobs, but come on: does every place in the Florida Keys have to be boring and mediocre? based on other OpenTable reviews, I was hoping this place would be the exception, but no such luck. good garlic bread was the highlight, but soggy salad, tasteless clams and linguine, and bland chicken parm made for a 'who cares?' experience and another Florida Keys disappointment. by Keys standards, not bad, but for most anywhere else in the US, overpriced and forget-able.
- AMAZING! You've NOT had SpinachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014AMAZING! You've NOT had Spinach and Artichoke "dip" until you've had Café Largo's ; ) AWESOME. Server was very attentive and sweet. Quiet, I went early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownhillHawkeyeDined on 12/31/2013DiGiorgio's has gone downhill. If this had been our first visit, we would not return. The food was mediocre at best: limp salad plopped on a plate with a dollop of dressing in the middle; limp pasta with sauce not well integrated, a soupy, salty mess of spinach appetizer dip. Our waitress could barely tolerate any extra question and was very short on service and long on attitude. The total experience felt more like Italian fast food: we were rushed and service was rude and the food was not worth a return.Special Features:
- Amazing food!PedretmDined on 12/30/2013I had a combo plate of chicken parm, manicotti, and lasagna which was all fantastic. We had a great bottle of wine with dinner and our waitress was so helpful and pleasant. We finished with the tiramisu, which is homemade, that was as wonderful as the rest of the meal had been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great serviceBillVIPDined on 12/26/2013During a five day stay in Key Largo, we had dinner at DiGiorgo's twice. Both times the food was good, although short of perfect, but the service was excellent and friendly. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian YUM!BobaLuDined on 12/7/2013This food was the real deal! The food was awesome and décor is straight out of Italy. Great dinning! A must every time we are in the Keys area for sure!Special Features:
- Italian at Key LargoHenryDined on 11/29/2013The food was very good and so was the service! Our server was very nice and would definitely ask for her again. My wife asked questions about the menu and she was very knowledgeable. The few things she did not know, she would offer to ask the chef. I ordered the veal special which was very good and extremely filling. There was a family with young kids and the kids were being loud. The restaurant played a proactive roll and put them in the back dining room so other guests would not be disturbed. I would recommend this restaurant to others as they did a great job in keeping everyone happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD EXPERIENCEmcriss50Dined on 11/9/2013We were a party of 4 looking for An Italian food experience. Key Largo residents but from a very Italian neighood up north we are quite hard to please. One dish was Black Ink pasta & seafood dish.......plenty of seafood in the dish for the price but the white sauce did not have much taste. Two others had the Tour of Italy & both liked that with the 4th having a veal dish that was okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key Largo ItalianJebsmomDined on 11/7/2013Very enjoyable meal. Our waitress was excellent and one of the best we have had a in a long time. Our meal started off with garlic rolls and oil. Sinfully delicious! There were many good options to choose from on the menu. I settled on the House Special, which was not only a great price, it was prepared well too. I had a cheese cannoli , piece of chicken marsala and meat lasagna. I was only able to taste the lasagna, because I did not want to over stuff myself and leave no room for the yummy dessert cannoli, which I enjoyed with a nice cup of decaf cappuccino. My husband had a mahi fish special and it was also very good. The meals started with salads and we enjoyed their house dressing. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!RosieWillowDined on 10/27/2013We stayed in Key Largo for 2 nights and found DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo in our hotel guide. Looked them up online and made a booking with no problems. Never used Open Table before but found the booking process very straightforward. The restaurant was great - staff very welcoming and service was fast and friendly. Very pleasant atmosphere. The food was plentiful, hot and very tasty. If ever we are in the area again I this would be my first choice of places to eat and I would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere reasonably priced to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in Key Largo is verytennisVIPDined on 8/17/2013Dining in Key Largo is very casual and this restaurant is no exception. We ate there twice and on both occasions all the food was well prepared and outstanding. The portions are very large. The service was friendly and outstanding both times and we had different servers.Special Features:
- GoodDelphineDined on 8/10/2013The dîner was very good. We splend a nice time. Very good italian meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort foodfergusonjlfDined on 7/26/2013Good Italian food - standard fare. Very friendly waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2013Service was great. There were many options to choose from on the menu. My kids cleaned their plates! They are not shy with the garlic, but I really like that. The portions were large and the food was excellent. The paintings on the walls were pleasant to look at as well. We will return.Special Features:
- Awesome Key Largo find!DominicsGrandmaDined on 6/29/2013Lovely, relaxed atmosphere. Great food. Our family vacation was capped off by a superior dinner at Cafe Largo. Will absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Largo has become a veryTriton24VIPDined on 5/26/2013Cafe Largo has become a very pleasant Restaurant enjoyed by locals. It is large enough for groups and the food has noticeably improved over the past year. Our favorites are the Veal Chop Florentine, the Chicken Scarpiello, and the Eggplant Parmagiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy the food andPleasantVIPDined on 4/19/2013We always enjoy the food and friendliness. The garlic bread is a little too tempting.Special Features:
- Food was very good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Food was very good and service was excellent. Both the appetizers and the food arrived promptly with very little wait time. Great dinner!
- A good meal with homemade touchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Our group of six enjoyed everything we ordered. We had pork loin (Osso Bucco - which is a house favorite and with good reason as the meat fell from the bone as it should and simply tasted fantastic) chicken parm, gnocchi, homemade sausage and pepper and, simple pasta with broccoli. The meals were cooked to our liking,the portions were large, almost family style, and the side dishes complemented the entrees. Our appetizers were fit for sharing. The clams casino were a bit spicy, but I enjoyed them just the same. It was a nice combination with the traditional calamari, which were cooked perfectly, but weren't extraordinary. We capped our dinner with coffee, delicious homemade cannolis and amusing conversation with our colorful waitress TammySpecial Features:
- Nice cozy Italian dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013On vacation and found this place right inear our condo. Family friendly but not noisy. Quaint old romantic movies play on screens like a scene from "It's a Wonderful Life". I had the pasta with sausage and veggies. It was flavorful. I like it spicy and the chef did not disappoint. The desserts are generous sizes and delicious, too. My husband and three daughters shared a piece of chocolate cake and Key Lime Pie. It was the best Key Lime Pie in Key Largo.Special Features:
- Great in house prepared ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Great in house prepared Italian food. Excellent service. Highly recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, my favorite musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Great food, my favorite music and just a very nice restraunt. I reccommned this establishment.Special Features:
- Food was good but waitressRichVIPDined on 1/29/2013Food was good but waitress was rude several times during the evening and not attentiveSpecial Features:
- Good Italian food with decentCruzfoolVIPDined on 1/26/2013Good Italian food with decent prices, and fairly good wine list
- My wife doesn't like seafood.....soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2013My wife doesn't like seafood.....so a place to eat in Key Largo with other options is hard. This place was recommended by a local and it was awesome !! Very romantic and food was excellent. Our waitress was awesome !!Special Features:
- Being handicapped and usingSmileyDined on 12/23/2012Being handicapped and using a walker, the staff very helpful.Special Features:
- ForgettableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Service was strange, waitress switched between friendly and stern randomly so you were never at ease. One of the party ordered pasta marinara - queried whether this should have meat in it and was told that it did - interesting response to a vegetarian dish. Apparently our stroller was also in the way so we were told, not asked, but to to move it. Overall very poor, there are other non open table restaurants in the area.
- this is a very comfortablereginaDined on 12/10/2012this is a very comfortable family friendly Italian restaurant that serves really good food!Special Features: